Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
druzy

S08.E23: Piece the Pieces Together

Recommended Posts

As Cory and Taylor prepare for their gender reveal party, Cheyenne worries that Cory’s attention might shift once the baby is born. Catelynn and Tyler celebrate Vaeda’s 1st birthday. Amber’s brother visits and questions Dimitri’s intentions.

Airs May 26, 2020

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Maci is a fucking JERK!!!

 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Everything about Cory’s demeanor turns me off.  He said he was 28?  He is a big bundle of nerves that is more like a 16 year old.  Why does Cheyenne put the fear of God in him?  I don’t get it.  I see he is working on a sleeve (of tattoos) on his right arm, impregnating everyone, but not looking to wife anyone up, and why should he?  All of his behavior gets rewarded.  Hashtag goals.  Also, it’s a sex reveal, not a gender reveal.  

I’m so glad Taylor is having a girl, simply because Cory wanted a boy. 

Taylor looked like a deer in headlights, but I thought it was cool that Cheyenne was trying to steal attention by asking how her butt looked on the <sigh> step & repeat, and Taylor shot right back that Cheyenne looked like the surrogate.  I feel like that’s how you have to treat Cheyenne or she’ll walk all over you.  She’s got like a quiet aggression that needs to be dealt with early and often.  Taylor knows how to handle Cheyenne; Cory does not have the first clue.  It’s going to get interesting when Taylor has her baby and Ryder acts up around her and disrupts her sleep or routine.  Taylor will lay the verbal smack down on Cheyenne for not setting proper boundaries for Ryder like she refused to do at the winery and I’m here for it.  None of this “let’s try to get her to bed by 9 pm” shit.

Although they are almost nothing alike, there is a similar energy coming off of Cory and Gary to me.  You know how people smile and say “cheese” for a still picture?  It is like they are constantly “saying cheese for the camera” every time they’re onscreen.  Which, why shouldn’t they be?  They’re getting paid better money than they’d have ever seen from being on TV for knocking someone up.  I don’t know why Ryan is on this show anymore; he’s not supportive of Bentley, he’s not planning on paying for that private school, and it irks me that he is making a living (not) raising his kids on TV.  But at least he’s not kissing ass.  Nor is Tyler.  I find men who are ass-kissers grotesque.

Why can’t Mackenzie get her damned kids to school?????  I said a few weeks back that she and Josh don’t put their kids as the priority, and that they feed, clothe and hopefully bathe them.  I forgot about school.  Apparently so did Mackenzie.  Those are basic needs.  If she can’t do that, she isn’t fit to be a parent.  

I’m sure the wrestling coach is thrilled to have Maci’s feedback.  What a pain in the ass.  

I would have given anything if Shawn, Amber’s brother who came out of left field, would have asked Dimitri what he did for a living, and Dimitri would have replied, “I’m on reality TV show called Papa Adolescent.”  It would have served the busybody right.  He’s pretending to protect Amber?  Charles Manson died in prison before he could be paroled.  I guess Shawn is looking at that as a wasted opportunity.  

Everyone hear Amber is “giving [Dimitril] more of [herself]” now that he passed the “lie detector” test?  Countdown to baby number three...

It just occurred to Mackenzie that there are some things she can do the night before to prepare to be somewhere on time, whether that’s work or school?  God did not give her the sense He gave a bill goat.  Dare I ask where the hell is Josh?  They certainly don’t put the ‘fun’ in dysfunctional.  I cannot believe how self-congratulatory Mackenzie was that she got her kids to school on time once.  This show makes me shudder for the future more than I usually do.  

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I suspect that Maci goes overboard with the structure and activities because she knows it's a free-for-all over at Larry and Jen's. Also, Kudos for keeping Bentley and the little ones off the tablets and such. Now, that is out of the way! Fuck that with the starvation diet. The boy is telling you he is hungry. At least try to find recipes for nutritious, lower calorie, filling foods.

 

MacKenzie, if you can get off your ass to film, you can get your kids up on time for school. Also,  get your ass on Pinterest  for tips on organization so you can have your kid's clothing planned out for the week. 

Every adult at Vaeda's part looked like they smelled like Corona(the beer) and stale Marlboro's. 

Bubby, no one from Western Europe is clamoring to move to the States!

Does Cory really think he is the one the got away for Cheyenne? 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Maci and Taylor sure are impressed with themselves, eh?  I am mom to three and my kids have been pretty busy in their lives but Bentley sounds way too busy. I think Maci uses it as a way to control his time and to keep him from people. Down time and time with Bentley's other family is important, too. I don't think parents are obliged to indulge EVERY.SINGLE.THING a kid expresses a desire to do. I couldn't believe t when I was agreeing with Ryan about waiting until high school to get that serious about a sport.

I also think Taylor and Maci can do this because they don't have jobs like the rest of us. So running kids here and there isn't as taxing on them. @@

Maci giving the wrestling advice like she's China. lol

 

 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Dimitri, you came all the way to the US and all you’ve seen is Amber’s living room, an office where you took a lie detector test and one brand name restaurant. You’d think she could take him to whatever local tourist sights they have in Indiana. He doesn’t strike me as someone who particularly wants to be on television but what do I know?    Though Ryan didn’t express it well, I kind of agree that making these kids starve themselves for a weight class is not healthy. My daughters high school boyfriend tried to stay 155 to wrestle in the class and he was always sick. It’s not healthy & Im surprised that Maci was being such a bitch about it.  Corey, you are being an asshole. Hope your daughters don’t see how much you wanted a boy.And,the only reason you don’t want to step on Cheyenne’s toes is that you didn’t win the challenge so this is your biggest source of income. Mackenzie, I never followed you before & I don’t care about you now.The least you can do is GET YOUR KIDS to school.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I hate how Maci, in between bouts of congratulating herself on every aspect of her life, chews the inside of her cheek. Cait does it too. Very annoying. 

I have 3 sons all older than Bentley and all did sports growing up, some more advanced than others. I don't think it's healthy for an 11-y-o boy to restrict calories to lose weight. I'm with Ryan on this - or at least, I think I am, he was starting to lose me in his rambling. Bentley is gonna be growing, hopefully until about age 16. He should be learning healthy eating habits and aiming for a balanced diet that includes vegs, fruits, meats, dairy and yes fats and some occasional treats.

McKenzie snd Josh  should be ashamed of themselves. I give her a pass but only over the past month since she lost her Mom. These attendance issues sound like they have been going on longer than a month and Josh should be able to pick up the slack while McK was grieving. 

Tyler and Cait leave their children with a girl who was it only last week or the week before was showing behaviors of an irresponsible drug addict. And yes everyone at Vaeda's party was under the influence of something. 

How old are Dmitri's kids ? Amber will literally never grow and learn from her mistakes. 

Cheyenne is headed down a bad path here. They are trying to be all friendly, blended family but we all get along and all that but she really should not have been at that reveal party. If Corey and his family could not watch Ryder themselves during the party, then he should have hired a sitter to bring her to the party at the right time and then bring her to Cheyenne afterwards. With both babies being girls, there may be the inevitable comparison of Corey's time, the girl's development,  and other painful issues.  Cheyenne 's crack about Taylor looking like a surrogate really sounded like jealousy to me. This will not end well but that's what happens, Corey, when you impregnate 2 women, neither of whom are your wife. Speaking  of,Taylor wearing white almost made me think they were having a surprise wedding. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, A-Lo said:

Maci is a fucking JERK!!!

 

I fucking hate her.  Her growing son needs calories to build his body.  Fruit, veggies, fats, carbs.. all needed in an active 11 year old.  She made him feel bad about a glass of chocolate milk?!  So messed up.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

Cheyenne and Taylor clearly don't like each other and Cheyenne should have said no to attending. Cory needs to keep his concerns about Cheyenne being hurt to himself. It's an overshare. Cory and Cheyenne seemed confused about what healthy boundaries look like.

It's almost as if Maci is trying to give her kid an eating disorder. Her whole spiel at the end about "it's the only thing he can control" was straight out of an Intervention episode. She's never come across as that controlling before. It was weird and disturbing. An eleven year old is hungry, fucking feed him, duh. Ryan was right but guess what? When you spend years being a piece of shit parent, you have no credibility even if you're right.

Was Bubby low key threatening Dmitri's life at dinner?

Mackenzie seemed really depressed. Those first few months to a year after losing a parent are the worst. It's good the school district is holding her accountable. Maybe it will pull her out of it a bit.

 

 

Edited by Soobs
  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Mackenzie's kids seem so...dim. All of them have such a low energy vibe that is just so depressing. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Taylor looked like a deer in headlights, but I thought it was cool that Cheyenne was trying to steal attention by asking how her butt looked on the <sigh> step & repeat, and Taylor shot right back that Cheyenne looked like the surrogate.

It was Taylor who looked like the surrogate carrying the baby while Cory & Cheyenne looked like the couple. Not sure why the three of them needed to pose together,

The chumminess of their extended families was either impressive or embarrassing depending on the motives.  I can't help but wonder how different the party might have been were it not for the cameras/tv show.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Emkat said:

Mackenzie's kids seem so...dim. All of them have such a low energy vibe that is just so depressing. 

No family is perfect but I get the feeling this is not a very happy household. 

  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, Soobs said:

Cheyenne and Taylor clearly don't like each other and Cheyenne should have said no to attending. Cory needs to keep his concerns about Cheyenne being hurt to himself. It's an overshare. Cory and Cheyenne seemed confused about what healthy boundaries look like.

It's almost as if Maci is trying to give her kid an eating disorder. Her whole spiel at the end about "it's the only thing he can control" was straight out of an Intervention episode. She's never come across as that controlling before. It was weird and disturbing. An eleven year old is hungry, fucking feed him, duh. Ryan was right but guess what? When you spend years being a piece of shit parent, you have no credibility even if you're right.

Was Bubby low key threatening Dmitri's life at dinner?

Mackenzie seemed really depressed. Those first few months to a year after losing a parent are the worst. It's good the school district is holding her accountable. Maybe it will pull her out of it a bit.

 

 

I think social media infects everything a lot of people do. It is easier to put pics up showing how well you co-parent together when you're at your baby daddy gender reveal with his new baby mama. I don't think kids this generation know a world where they're not doing things precisely for their social media.

I was thinking about an eating disorder, too. I think Maci is 1500% a control-freak. I don't blame her for being that way with Ryan. But if she was co-parenting with the best father in the world, she'd still be trying to control his access and influence. I would love to see what my pediatrician thought of a mother trying to keep her 11 year old from GAINING WEIGHT. I mean that's CRAZY. He is GROWING! The two of them are dumb fucks. Can't stand them.  Whoever talked about how the two of them sitting around all of the time in their Dallas Cowboys gear patting themselves on the back about how well they parent was spot on. I'd rather my pre-teen boy play some Xbox than have an eating disorder. (And bitch Bentley can't control that because YOU control everything. He knows that living with you.)

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

  Yeah, add me to the list of people who begrudgingly agree w/Ryan on something: It's not right for Bentley to be "dieting" or restricting his calories so young. Frankly, I don't think it's advisable for high-school-aged kids either, but certainly not for one as young as Bentley. But, also in agreement w/another poster, Ryan hasn't been NEARLY involved enough a Dad to have any say here.

  Cory...yuck. And not nice of the producers/editors to include all the footage of him hoping it's a boy....real nice for his eventual daughter to see one day. Then again, with Cory as her Dad...that will probably be the least of this kid's issues.

 Mackenzie needs grief counseling, and she and Josh need to split. He's devoid of personality, ambition, or any affection for her. He's useless. 

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Maci totally came across like a girl trying to relive her HS glory days. I mean she was a cheerleader, she wants her boy to be the popular state champ except Maci -- high school was 11 yrs ago and your son is FREAKING 11. I grew up with a lot of wrestlers and when they are that young, they do NOT cut weight -- they wrestle at whatever their natural weight is, often that means they're in a different weight class is back to back tournaments bc as they are putting on height, it is not at all unusual to gain 5 lbs in 2 weeks. It looked like Bentley was struggling a bit to stay at 75, great then he wrestles in 76-80. But obsessive parents like Maci -- who hire private coaches for their freaking 11 yr old -- always try to influence the kid into a different weight class bc there's likely a few more competitive kids in 76-80 and he's more likely to win in 70-75 also bc he'd be on of the heavier kids in 70-75 but maybe the lightest kid at 76-80. Ryan was right -- though he gets no say since he barely is a dad anyway -- this isn't for a college scholarship, get a grip and don't stunt the kid's growth so you can make him 5th grade state champ.

I fear this continues bc the reason he wanted to go to that private school is bc of a top wrestling program. Now I'm sure it's a good school with good coaches who realize they're dealing with adolscent boys who need to grow BUT I fear it'll be Maci second guessing the coaches and telling Bentley -- nope doesn't matter what the coach says, you have to wrestle in X weight class bc the class above you is way too competitive, you want to repeat as state champ, don't you?? She's reliving her glory days. Wants him winning districts and states thru middle school bc that'll catch the eye of HS coaches as they keep an eye on who is coming up thru the ranks, which increases his chances of being varsity in HS blah blah . . . .

And I'm sorry but what do Maci and Taylor even do all day besides folding t shirts for their co and collecting MTV checks? Benefit of the doubt if this is REALLY about eating clean and being healthy, then freaking COOK for him. I mean you yell at an 11 yr old for getting himself a muffin and chocolate milk for breakfast -- so why weren't you making him scrambled eggs and toast so he'd get some protein in? I mean Taylor even said he had no energy during the match but pulled it out -- uh it's bc you're restricting his food + not feeding him other healthy alternatives??

 
  • Like 12
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, cereality said:

And I'm sorry but what do Maci and Taylor even do all day besides folding t shirts for their co and collecting MTV checks? Benefit of the doubt if this is REALLY about eating clean and being healthy, then freaking COOK for him. I mean you yell at an 11 yr old for getting himself a muffin and chocolate milk for breakfast -- so why weren't you making him scrambled eggs and toast so he'd get some protein in? I mean Taylor even said he had no energy during the match but pulled it out -- uh it's bc you're restricting his food + not feeding him other healthy alternatives??

  Reveal spoiler
 

Agree  with you on this one.  If she is so concerned with his weight/diet, she should be  up making him breakfast.  My  10 y/o son would have had the muffin & chocolate milk because it is easy to make.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

As a person diagnosed with an eating disorder in college, I feel it necessary to say that just about everything Maci was doing as wrong. Bentley doesn't need to find his self-worth by how he does in sports. He doesn't need to see food and weight as something to give him a sense of control when he feels out of control. And, as a growing boy, severely restricting his calories or shaming him for a treat will give him an unhealthy relationship with food.

It's something I have discussed with my daughters pediatrician a lot because I don't want to pass my issues with food on to my daughter. You teach them healthy eating habits, make sure they are eating a various assortment of fruits and vegetables, lean proteins are best, and you make sure your children understand WHY it is necessary to eat a healthy diet (and it has very little to do with weight). There is also nothing wrong with occasional treats, but try not to use them as a reward and"occasional" doesn't mean daily. It might have been the editing, but I wasn't getting any of this from Maci.

 

Mackenzie really irritated me this episode. Constant tardiness has always bothered me as I see it a a sign of selfishness. It's basically saying that what you were doing was more important than fulfilling your commitment to whoever you are supposed to be meeting and/or that your time is more valuable than the other persons. Of course, there are times your alarm doesn't go off, you hit traffic, or something comes up, but I'm taking about people who are late all the time. Selfish. And how hard is it to get your kids to school? Millions of parents handle getting their kids to school everyday in this country. What's so wrong with her that she can't manage that?

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Mackenzie had a Starbucks cup when she was taking her kids to school, on time. Either, she’s super into recycling, or she got up way early or the producers got it for her. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

17 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Maci and Taylor sure are impressed with themselves, eh?  I am mom to three and my kids have been pretty busy in their lives but Bentley sounds way too busy. I think Maci uses it as a way to control his time and to keep him from people. Down time and time with Bentley's other family is important, too. I don't think parents are obliged to indulge EVERY.SINGLE.THING a kid expresses a desire to do. I couldn't believe t when I was agreeing with Ryan about waiting until high school to get that serious about a sport.

I also think Taylor and Maci can do this because they don't have jobs like the rest of us. So running kids here and there isn't as taxing on them. @@

Maci giving the wrestling advice like she's China. lol

 

 

What Maci is doing with Bentley is just abusive. My three kids played sports all through elementary school to college (my youngest played D1 lacrosse) and I am very familiar with parents like Maci...badgering their kids to want the same thing they want...a winner. Wrestling for kids shouldn't involve weight class. They are too young to be cutting calories and having anxiety that their weight will prevent them from competing at a certain weight group for their age. Everyone who has had a kid in wrestling or has known kids in wrestling knows that it has a high propensity for them to develop eating disorders. Maci barking at Bentley for the food choices he made because he was STARVING should have been a wake up call for her....leave the kid alone. He plays a lot of different sports and may be over loaded with sports actually. Eventually he will to pick a couple to focus on and leave the others behind...let it happen organically. Pushing so hard will push him to pull away and become stressed out and look to other ways to handle his anxiety and stress...drugs, alcohol. Bentley is so thin now it's scares me to think of how he might look losing anymore weight. Maci's interference at the wrestling lesson was obnoxious and arrogant...who the hell is she to interrupt and tell the "tutor" what to do...OMG! If anything, Bentley is the most mild mannered, polite, helpful child I've ever seen. I hope he rebels in a healthy way, against Maci and her overbearing parenting style. For the first time ever I agree with Ryan on how Maci is filling up Bentley's life with too many sports and other activities. But I cannot give him a pass on his continued passive agressive comments about Bentley that are cruel and abusive also. Shame on both of them...Taylor, you need to stand up and be a man. You know what Maci is doing is bad, say something.

1 hour ago, willgracefan said:

Mackenzie had a Starbucks cup when she was taking her kids to school, on time. Either, she’s super into recycling, or she got up way early or the producers got it for her. 

I noticed that...my guess is the producers had someone make a coffee run and picked one up for her.

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Oh and what is with Maci saying that if Bentley wasn't in 5 different sports (I think it was 5 - flag football, baseball, cross county, gold, and his wrestling but if I'm forgetting one, let me know) he'd be playing xbox or on any ipad all the time? My daughter is a year younger than Bentley. She is involved in both running and on a swim team (each at a different time of year so only one sport at any given time). That's it. When she isn't doing those sports, she can be found reading, playing outside with friends, skating, riding her bike or scooter,  playing boardgames with her family, or talking to her friends. She doesn't own an iPad or Xbox. I say that not to be like Maci and pat myself on the back for being an awesome parent but rather, to point out how ridiculous she sounds. Why are the only options to either be over-scheduled with sports or staring at a screen all day? None of my daughter's friends are in more than 3 sports nor do any of them spend all their time with electronics.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Agree  with you on this one.  If she is so concerned with his weight/diet, she should be  up making him breakfast.  My  10 y/o son would have had the muffin & chocolate milk because it is easy to make.

I agree. Meal prep is all the rage. Maci can buy some of those containers, cook healthy meals, store them and all Bentley has to do is pull it of the fridge and heat it up.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I couldn’t care less if Dimitri never leaves her living room. What kind of a sick fuck comes over to stay with repulsive Amber for three months?

The two obese cheer coaches didn’t look very happy with perpetually late Mac.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

What Maci is doing with Bentley is just abusive. My three kids played sports all through elementary school to college (my youngest played D1 lacrosse) and I am very familiar with parents like Maci...badgering their kids to want the same thing they want...a winner. Wrestling for kids shouldn't involve weight class. They are too young to be cutting calories and having anxiety that their weight will prevent them from competing at a certain weight group for their age. Everyone who has had a kid in wrestling or has known kids in wrestling knows that it has a high propensity for them to develop eating disorders. Maci barking at Bentley for the food choices he made because he was STARVING should have been a wake up call for her....leave the kid alone. He plays a lot of different sports and may be over loaded with sports actually.

I absolutely agree.  

I went to the cesspool that is Twitter, and she wrote some BS about the situation being misrepresented.. there are people commenting, saying things like, "this is how wrestling is," and "if you aren't a wrestling parent you won't understand."  I am shocked that anyone would defend her.  Maybe high school and college wrestling, but not for an 11 year old boy.  I bet she never discussed this with his pediatrician, and if she did he would not allow it to go on.

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I think he was with Jen and Larry when he ate the forbidden muffin and had the chocolate milk? Just another reason for her to deny access to him. @@

Taylor is just as bad as Maci, I think. Plus he is financially dependent on her. He won’t buck her. 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder how Maci would react if Bentley just up and quit sports?  

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I absolutely agree.  

I went to the cesspool that is Twitter, and she wrote some BS about the situation being misrepresented.. there are people commenting, saying things like, "this is how wrestling is," and "if you aren't a wrestling parent you won't understand."  I am shocked that anyone would defend her.  Maybe high school and college wrestling, but not for an 11 year old boy.  I bet she never discussed this with his pediatrician, and if she did he would not allow it to go on.

 

Maci doesn't need to consult a pediatrician....she knows everything. Just ask her.

2 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I think he was with Jen and Larry when he ate the forbidden muffin and had the chocolate milk? Just another reason for her to deny access to him. @@

Taylor is just as bad as Maci, I think. Plus he is financially dependent on her. He won’t buck her. 

 

He might when his youngins start playing sports...he probably feels he can't interfere too much with Bentley because he isn't the bio dad.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

What “glory days” did Maci even have? She was a pregnant teen lol. Always a loser.

Wasn't she a cheerleader?

1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

I wonder how Maci would react if Bentley just up and quit sports?  

 

1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

I wonder how Maci would react if Bentley just up and quit sports?  

He might when he hits 14 or 15 and becomes more independent.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Emkat said:

Mackenzie's kids seem so...dim. All of them have such a low energy vibe that is just so depressing. 

They all seem depressed. Mackenzie may have ADD.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Oh and what is with Maci saying that if Bentley wasn't in 5 different sports (I think it was 5 - flag football, baseball, cross county, gold, and his wrestling but if I'm forgetting one, let me know) he'd be playing xbox or on any ipad all the time? My daughter is a year younger than Bentley. She is involved in both running and on a swim team (each at a different time of year so only one sport at any given time). That's it. When she isn't doing those sports, she can be found reading, playing outside with friends, skating, riding her bike or scooter,  playing boardgames with her family, or talking to her friends. She doesn't own an iPad or Xbox. I say that not to be like Maci and pat myself on the back for being an awesome parent but rather, to point out how ridiculous she sounds. Why are the only options to either be over-scheduled with sports or staring at a screen all day? None of my daughter's friends are in more than 3 sports nor do any of them spend all their time with electronics.

Bentley doesn't appear to have much of a social life outside of team sports...at his age boys and girls clearly have several, if not many, friends and kids that they hang with and do things with. It seems like all he does is sports and go over to Ryan's house to be criticized or his grandparents house. Maybe he does have an active social life that we don't see...my kids were all out playing with their friends and going skating, bike riding, going to the neighborhood pool or going to a sleepover. If my kids did not have friends or social events with other kids at age 11, I would have been concerned and sad about it...Maci just seems oblivious. She complains that if he didin't have sports all he would do is play Xbox or be on his iPad...maybe she should start cultivating some friends for him to play with...how about asking someone from school to come over after school or take him and some friends to a movie or skating? I think she's just selfish and thoughtless and is looking forward to Bentley being a teenage babysitter for the "babies". 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Mackenzie: And we aren't talking about five minutes late in the morning, these kids are sometimes hours late for school. it's ridiculous. Yes her mom died. That's terrible. It's hard. But she's an adult with several children of her own and has responsibilities however. Her mom apparently has raised a dependent useless dimwit who cannot even manage her own family's basic business of life without her mom there to tell her what to do. IMO that is a huge parenting fail on her mom's part.

Maci is the worst.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

There are def boys who around 10-12 yrs old DO play 4 sports -- basically one a season. Sports ARE their social circle and where they hang out with other guys. It's possible he has friends from those teams and they hang out etc but IDK if that kind of thing would be shown on TM depending on those other parents.

But let's hope Bentley is doing this because HE wants to not bc Mommy wants him to. She has the lethal combo of too much time on her hands + too much money. He expresses interest in or does marginally well at any sport and she's got him playing on multiple club teams and private coaching. I mean even after that session w that college wrestler when he said he was hungry and she told him to get a salad and got annoyed that he wanted chicken, she goes -- well maybe you should stop you have 2 more hrs of club practice later!? And there's been other episodes where Ryan has complained that it was ridiculous that Bentley couldn't come on a vacation with his parents -- not that R has any room to complain father of the yr that he is -- bc he had like 5 baseball games in a weekend bc he plays on multiple club teams. I mean maybe this kid wants to play sports for fun -- not be a mini professional athlete bc that's what mama wants.

As for glory days -- I mean yeah they were cut short by getting pregnant at 16. But I believe she was an A student, popular, cheerleader and by looks of her parents' home, looks like she comes from a relatively well to do family so of course it was expected she'd go to college. And then she ends up with a GED, IDK if she ever even finished college but was there for like 6 yrs part time . . . .

So now she NEEDS Bentley to turn out to be what she considers a perfect teen -- private school, straight As, captain of multiple sports teams, and probably expects a D1 college scholarship. She's going to be crushed if he turns 14-15 and decides he isn't interested/is burnt out from practices and games every day of his life starting in like 2nd grade and drops all the sports or drops down to one sport and isn't dying to be the school jock/team captain type that all the cheerleaders are swooning after.

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

Bentley doesn't appear to have much of a social life outside of team sports...at his age boys and girls clearly have several, if not many, friends and kids that they hang with and do things with. It seems like all he does is sports and go over to Ryan's house to be criticized or his grandparents house. Maybe he does have an active social life that we don't see...my kids were all out playing with their friends and going skating, bike riding, going to the neighborhood pool or going to a sleepover. If my kids did not have friends or social events with other kids at age 11, I would have been concerned and sad about it...Maci just seems oblivious. She complains that if he didin't have sports all he would do is play Xbox or be on his iPad...maybe she should start cultivating some friends for him to play with...how about asking someone from school to come over after school or take him and some friends to a movie or skating? I think she's just selfish and thoughtless and is looking forward to Bentley being a teenage babysitter for the "babies". 

Here's the thing (as mom to two teenaged boys) ... MOST boys, athletes and not, play videogames some and that's how they socialize a lot. I'm not saying play ALL of the time. But it is a pretty normal thing for boys to do. To me it is more normal than demanding an 11 year old not gain any weight!

I wonder if other parents don't want their kids around the shit show - mom desperate for TV fame, druggie dad. And Bentley seems like a great kid. He seems like he's a kind, considerate boy.

I think Ryder is just the cutest little girl. Goodness she's a doll.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Ryan has complained for YEARS that she puts his family second to Bentley's activities. I know it is Ryan and all but I think, in general, that argument has some validity. Co-parents can be hard on kids. My kids have played sports with kids and mom signs kid up for baseball and then dad resents that mom has effectively scheduled the kid's time during HIS weekends because of games. I don't think the kid should suffer by not being able to do things because his parents are divorced but I also think that if your activities are getting in the way of having a relationship with your PARENT, that's a major issue. (I have also known custodial parents who would make it very difficult for kids to visit out of town parents during the summer because they were scheduled up with sports. "Oh, he can't come that week because he's got All-Stars."  And now suddenly that month visitation is down to 2 weeks.)

I don't know what the answer to the problem is. I just think Maci doesn't care because it doesn't affect her. I'm sure Bentley feels pressure from everyone - Ryan and Jen and Larry to spend time with them. He likely feels pressured by Maci to put them off for sports.

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I am not the Maci-hater that many are(i know we don't really hate, but those 2 words go together so well), like a well oiled machine) that many here are, but i signed up when she made me take Ryan's side on the wrestler weigh issue.(not so much as the over scheduled thing, different sports/different seasons).

Also, I bet Bennie has friends, but they have good parents that don't let them on TV.(it was mentioned that his wrestle buddies were going to be at that  private school next )(raising hand here that i also went to a private school, and i had a mixed bag of love/hate for it.No regrets tho. it gave me that extra hand-up going into college, that I needed.

I think when Cory said to Taylor, that he felt bad that he had everything  his Chey wanted, he was gleeful. it was a true case of  him being, sorry/no sorry.

I agree it was over share, but i loved Taylor's  dry respond "she'll be ok" hahaha. So will Taylor.

I wonder if Taylor wore white at that party cuz she might never get to at a wedding.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

The thought occurred to me, that since “TeenMom” May be coming to an end (I have no insider knowledge,it just seems that interest is dying) Amber May be using Dimitri as her entrance to another franchise, the “90 Day Fiancée” shows. Why else choose someone from another country, with children, with whom you can’t even carry on a conversation?  My other thought, is Dimitri just an actor brought on because we can’t just watch Amber sitting around alone all day?

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, cereality said:

There are def boys who around 10-12 yrs old DO play 4 sports -- basically one a season. Sports ARE their social circle and where they hang out with other guys. It's possible he has friends from those teams and they hang out etc but IDK if that kind of thing would be shown on TM depending on those other parents.

...

As for glory days -- I mean yeah they were cut short by getting pregnant at 16. But I believe she was an A student, popular, cheerleader and by looks of her parents' home, looks like she comes from a relatively well to do family so of course it was expected she'd go to college. And then she ends up with a GED, IDK if she ever even finished college but was there for like 6 yrs part time . . . .

 

 

Yeah I think a lot of 11/12 year old boys play sports through out the year, my son is always in one sport, sometimes 2 a season (except for now of course and he is missing that energy outlet), and all of his friends are on his teams, so I think that is normal. 

And as someone else pointed out, xbox/ps4 is a good social tool, my son sees his friends and then when they are done hanging out in person, they get on xbox/ps4 and facetime to play together.  Kids need downtime that is not for studying, I think balance is the key, and it doesn't seem like Bentley has a balance. 

I don't know how well-off her parents are, as her dad was arrested for writing bad checks.  I do think she planned to go to college, and even attempted to do that with a baby (remember when she moved into an apartment with her friends and her child), but it wasn't what she thought it would be.  You can't live the fun college life while taking care of a baby.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Here's the thing (as mom to two teenaged boys) ... MOST boys, athletes and not, play videogames some and that's how they socialize a lot. I'm not saying play ALL of the time. But it is a pretty normal thing for boys to do. To me it is more normal than demanding an 11 year old not gain any weight!

I wonder if other parents don't want their kids around the shit show - mom desperate for TV fame, druggie dad. And Bentley seems like a great kid. He seems like he's a kind, considerate boy.

I think Ryder is just the cutest little girl. Goodness she's a doll.

Ryder is cute...and she adores her daddy. Wonder how she'll feel when she's older and sees this last episode where he went on and on about wanting a boy. He's so full of himself and it showed at the "reveal"party. Acting all proud because he got Taylor pregnant and then carrying on about wanting a boy right in front of Ryder. What an insensitive moron.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Cheyenne acted like she wanted nothing to do with that gender reveal party. Why did she agree to help plan it?

Not surprised that Butch is off the wagon. Tyler was doing his usual frantic hand talking while on the phone. Cate couldn't even be bothered to put on a little make-up at her daughter's birthday party, she looked terrible. "Tyler's gettin' fixed." He's not a damn dog!

Mackenzie, you do not deserve a medal for getting your kids to school on time. The school start time isn't a suggestion. "Let's pick out our school outfits the night before." Why weren't you already doing that? If you're notoriously late, change your routine. Get up 20 minutes earlier. Basic life stuff. That household seems like a complete mess. Not surprised Josh got the kids to school 3 hours late. He's a complete waste of space.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Maci was looking rough . 
 

Both Taylor and Cheyenne are way out of Cory’s league , yet he thinks he is a God of some sort and that he is the prize . When Cheyenne said to him , “wow you actually said I love you “ and he said he finally said it as if it’s abnormal to have said “ I love you “ to your pregnant girlfriend .. I just couldn’t get over what a loser he is . 
He’s not attractive and has a very annoying personality . Not sure what either could possibly see in him . 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/27/2020 at 4:11 PM, Mr. Miner said:

I couldn’t care less if Dimitri never leaves her living room. What kind of a sick fuck comes over to stay with repulsive Amber for three months?

The two obese cheer coaches didn’t look very happy with perpetually late Mac.

Did she even apologize for being late and she was like an hour late, right?

I think she's clinically depressed but that doesn't mean you have to be inconsiderate. That household does seem unhappy and that was even before her mom died, though I know a terminal illness weighs on people, too.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Maci was looking rough . 
 

Both Taylor and Cheyenne are way out of Cory’s league , yet he thinks he is a God of some sort and that he is the prize . When Cheyenne said to him , “wow you actually said I love you “ and he said he finally said it as if it’s abnormal to have said “ I love you “ to your pregnant girlfriend .. I just couldn’t get over what a loser he is . 


He’s not attractive and has a very annoying personality . Not sure what either could possibly see in him . 

I cannot imagine choosing to procreate with a  guy's whose plan for supporting himself and his family is Challenge shows.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

The only thing this franchise has shown me is that these whackadoodles are fascinatingly incapable of being alone. Does becoming pregnant at 16 implant something in your head that you MUST HAVE A PARTNER AT ALL TIMES? Why can none of these people date "normally", ESPECIALLY when they are meeting prospective partners through social media & dating apps? Why does every conversation with a man online turn into them moving in upon first meeting? And WHY do the people in their lives that seem like they might have a glimmer of intelligence surrounding the situation end up giving their undying support to these ludicrous situations?! Oh yeah, fame + money.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Cheyenne acts so high and mighty, like she’s better than Cory and Taylor. Um, Cheyenne, Ryder was an accident—YOU had unprotected sex with Cory, getting knocked up was just as much your fault as his. Just because he kicked up another girl does not make u better, u r just jealous because u don’t want Cory to be happy and move on without you. I thought it was extremely rude of her to show up so late-on purpose-to the gender reveal, knowing full well that they wanted to do it with Ryder. She acted a fool once she got there too. 
 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Catelynn : I ain’t paying $20,000 for no kid . 
Well luckily you don’t have to when many people do .  Shut up . 
 

I personally think it’s very unnatural to be able to pick your child’s sex . I feel like you should be happy with whatever you are intended to have .  Tyler and catelynns reaction during Vaedas gender reveal was really pretty disgusting . “ I don’t want no damn girl .” Man , these two grate . 
 

Maci has been looking extremely rough lately . All that beer is finally catching up to her . 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/3/2020 at 11:53 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

Catelynn : I ain’t paying $20,000 for no kid . 
Well luckily you don’t have to when many people do .  Shut up . 
 

I personally think it’s very unnatural to be able to pick your child’s sex . I feel like you should be happy with whatever you are intended to have .  Tyler and catelynns reaction during Vaedas gender reveal was really pretty disgusting . “ I don’t want no damn girl .” Man , these two grate . 
 

Maci has been looking extremely rough lately . All that beer is finally catching up to her . 

Something tells me she might be pregnant again. (Maci)

Edited by AmyFarrahFowler
  • Surprise 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/4/2020 at 6:39 AM, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Something tells me she might be pregnant again. (Maci)

I thought so too but wasn’t this filmed months ago ? We probably would have heard about it by now . 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I thought so too but wasn’t this filmed months ago ? We probably would have heard about it by now . 

LOL I tend to forget those little details!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/27/2020 at 7:22 PM, DangerousMinds said:

What “glory days” did Maci even have? She was a pregnant teen lol. Always a loser.

 

On 5/27/2020 at 11:57 PM, cereality said:

As for glory days -- I mean yeah they were cut short by getting pregnant at 16. But I believe she was an A student, popular, cheerleader and by looks of her parents' home, looks like she comes from a relatively well to do family so of course it was expected she'd go to college. And then she ends up with a GED, IDK if she ever even finished college but was there for like 6 yrs part time . . . .

So now she NEEDS Bentley to turn out to be what she considers a perfect teen -- private school, straight As, captain of multiple sports teams, and probably expects a D1 college scholarship. She's going to be crushed if he turns 14-15 and decides he isn't interested/is burnt out from practices and games every day of his life starting in like 2nd grade and drops all the sports or drops down to one sport and isn't dying to be the school jock/team captain type that all the cheerleaders are swooning after.

Who said Maci was a straight-A student? Even if she did get straight A's in high school, she went on to attend community college for 5 or 6 years without graduating. Not exactly academically impressive. If she did get good grades in high school, I would assume that her high school wasn't that challenging. I know she was a cheerleader and I can believe she was popular, but I don't buy that she was/is this overachiever, which is what she acts like.  She has achieved pretty much nothing besides being on a reality show for a decade. And she's not the "supermom" she likes to think she is. As many have pointed out, a "supermom" would make healthy meals for her son whose diet she was so intent on monitoring (especially if she didn't have a job and had a husband with no job who is very hands-on with their kids). I really hate Maci.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:40 PM, Inga said:

Cheyenne acts so high and mighty, like she’s better than Cory and Taylor. Um, Cheyenne, Ryder was an accident—YOU had unprotected sex with Cory, getting knocked up was just as much your fault as his. Just because he kicked up another girl does not make u better, u r just jealous because u don’t want Cory to be happy and move on without you. I thought it was extremely rude of her to show up so late-on purpose-to the gender reveal, knowing full well that they wanted to do it with Ryder. She acted a fool once she got there too. 
 

Exactly. Actually, Taylor could be seen as less dumb than Cheyenne for getting knocked up by Corey since she was at least in an actual relationship with Corey, while Cheyenne got pregnant during a one-off sexual encounter that, by her description, lasted for a minute or two.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size