Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: The New Deal

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 hours ago, Jodithgrace said:

Don't Fitzsimmons have to get together at some point to, you know, conceive a child? Deke is their grandchild, right? At this point I would expect Deke to start fading out, like Marty McFly! 

Marvel uses the split timeline theory rather than Back to the Future style time travel. Even if they do have a child at some point their grandchild won’t be Deke. They are in a completely different timeline now than the future Deke came from.

Which reminds me that AOS has done a better job of explaining Marvel’s time travel theory than Endgame. Deke’s ripples not waves discussion answered some lingering Endgame questions. 

Edited by Guest
On 5/28/2020 at 6:57 PM, clack said:

Can see we'll be subjected to a lot of misconceptions of Depression-era culture. 

It was the norm for black men to dress elegantly. By 1931, women had already been NYC police detectives for 20 years. Etc.

First Woman Detective

Isabella Goodwin

https://wednesdayswomen.com/isabella-goodwin-nypds-first-female-police-detective/

In 1918, NYPD brought its first six police women into the squad. Paid $1,200 a year, they were issued handcuffs, a revolver and a summons book — but no uniforms. Three years later, Goodwin was picked to lead the department’s new Women’s Bureau, a division of 26 female officers charged with overseeing cases involving prostitutes, runaways, truants, and victims of domestic violence. And in 1924 she worked with prosecutors investigating fraudulent medical practices to help clinch several high-profile arrests before retiring later that year.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

You can look to this era's movies for the popular culture's ideal woman of the day --- tough, witty, independent.

I hope we're not going to be getting "why aren't you at home cooking dinner for your husband, little lady" as an ongoing reaction to Daisy.

The 30's weren't the 50's.

Edited by clack
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, clack said:

You can look to this era's movies for the popular culture's ideal woman of the day --- tough, witty, independent.

I hope we're not going to be getting "why aren't you at home cooking dinner for your husband, little lady" as an ongoing reaction to Daisy.

The 30's weren't the 50's.

Bette Davis & Joan Crawford were just getting started in 1931. Their characters could easily cook their husbands....

• LOL 1

I love Daisy's 1930's hair.

On 5/29/2020 at 12:36 AM, swanpride said:

Oh, I am pretty sure that this last season is for fans who actually remember what happened the last six season. They will throw in as many easter eggs and fan service as possible without undermining the story they want to tell.

Oh dear Lord, I hadn't thought of this until I read your post, but they're going to bring back Ward at some point, aren't they?!?! 😲

(edited)
3 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Oh dear Lord, I hadn't thought of this until I read your post, but they're going to bring back Ward at some point, aren't they?!?! 😲

I hadn't thought of that either. I actually don't mind the idea, though. I've had a complete-show re-watch during lockdown and found that I appreciated Ward's story a lot more when marathoned with the benefit of hindsight. Knowing where it was all going to lead and that he wasn't going to be redeemed by the power of love or anything like that, I found his villain's journey a lot more satisfying and fun to watch, and appreciated that it was written with enough complexity to make him interesting and three-dimensional, rather than just a generic mustache-twirling bad guy. So, if it was written well, I wouldn't reject the idea out of hand, but it really depends, I guess, on where this season's story is heading. The writers like to do the unexpected.

Edited by Llywela
  • Love 4

Not sure if they will bring back Ward...I hope that they do, because, well, they kind of HAVE to. Because he has been in every single season except season 6 so far. But a lot will depend on which actors were available.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, swanpride said:

Not sure if they will bring back Ward...I hope that they do, because, well, they kind of HAVE to.

Ward was never that important..What happened when he died? What would change if was alive? If the Chronicoms want to interfere with 21st century events, saving Project Insight and Alexander Pierce makes more sense.

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Enigma X said:

For whatever is sacred, I hope they do not bring back Ward. IMO, the actor sucks and the character did too. No matter which Ward we got, he was not appealing to me.

I feel this way too. Enough of Ward! I don't like the character and his story has been told. He even got to do a "redeem" story in season 4. It is way over and I do not want to see this character again!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, swanpride said:

Not sure if they will bring back Ward...I hope that they do, because, well, they kind of HAVE to. Because he has been in every single season except season 6 so far. But a lot will depend on which actors were available.

Wait he was in season 5? I don't recall that.

2 hours ago, blueray said:

Wait he was in season 5? I don't recall that.

In the Framework he was a loyal S.H.I.E.L.D agent working to take down  Leopold and Hydra 

2 hours ago, Raja said:

In the Framework he was a loyal S.H.I.E.L.D agent working to take down  Leopold and Hydra 

Yeah, isn't that season 4?  Season 5 they are in space. Then the second half is the stuff with Talebot. So Ward wasn't in 5 or 6 I don't think.

3 hours ago, swanpride said:

For a hot second in his hive form, as one of the "fears". It's little, and they certainly didn't bother to hire the actor, but it counts in my book.

Oh okay. So not very long lol.

I'm mixed about Ward. When it was revealed in the first season that he was Hydra, I was shook. I flipped and nearly stopped watching, until my sister assured me that it was worth continuing. 

Since then I've grown to really loathe the character, but it was cool to see him as a good guy in the Framework. He and Daisy have such great chemistry.

4 hours ago, blueray said:

I feel this way too. Enough of Ward! I don't like the character and his story has been told. He even got to do a "redeem" story in season 4. It is way over and I do not want to see this character again!

I agree. Bringing him back won’t add anything because we would just him as a evil double agent in the past. If they go far enough forward in time Tripp would work better from a story telling aspect. Even just a brief cameo. They could use him to reference Ward and Garrett as a nod to the shows past. 

Mostly though I want an episode with the Howling commandos and a chance for the team to meet Tripp’s grandfather. 

54 minutes ago, Dani said:

Mostly though I want an episode with the Howling commandos and a chance for the team to meet Tripp’s grandfather. 

We know from Agent Carter that the Howling Commandos were still active after WWII with some replacement troops 

I like Ward...mostly because he never got a redemption arc. They stayed true to the statement that some people are too far gone to be rescued. There was a time at which Ward could have been set on the right path, but that time was when he was a teen.

• Love 7
(edited)

Wow that was actually pretty fun. Especially after watching season 6 over the past few weeks that was a huge improvement. Just the fact that a bunch of scenes took place outside was a nice change for the better. 

I did think it was funny that robot Coulson remembered his tv death but not his Loki death. And I do wonder who styled Daisy's 1930's hair. But super angry torture a chromicon Gemma was cool. And considering I am usually annoyed with time travel unless it is done really well, this is actually off to a good start.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 3