Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Opportunity Zone

• Start Topic

Couple of other examples, like David Tepper buying the Carolina Panthers and Donald Trump bought a USFL team and wanted to buy into the NFL.

But I don't know that even the NFL would be as lucrative or provide the kind of return on capital that some of Axe's other investments supposedly return.

They depicted Axe Capital as a place where the traders are constantly under pressure to "earn" and Axe and Wags are on top of them, as well as setting up their own deals.

So to be a full-time franchise owner, he'd have to give up some time and be subject to a lot of criticism.  If he ran for public office, he'd have to hand over the running of Axe Capital to Wags or someone else.

However, the alternative is to continue with the same path of him doing shady deals and Chuck trying to bust him.

I guess Prince was suppose to give him a competitor to get in his head but they've had competitors before and of course Taylor got in his craw for awhile.

4 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

If Wendy is so great of an advisor/psychologist, why is Axe still so easily taunted?  He never learns from his mistakes. 

So true! He did mildly dress down Wendy for criticizing him in front of Taylor; it seems like her advice is mainly for the drones and Axe will follow it only if it agrees with what he already thinks and wants to do. And it's so easy to get inside Axe's head that I'm positive Prince has the long game all mapped out. If he loses it'll be pure writer manipulation because Axe is their hero,flaws and all.

By the way, when do these drones actually do any work? This season have we seen them do anything other than stand around their computers and play office pranks?

• Love 5

This season is just not good. Last year I couldn’t wait to watch a new episode, now I only saw the new one today and nothing is compelling me to continue with the next. 

What happened to the writing? I am sick to death of Wendy as the perfect all-knowing all-seeing queen of every situation who just has to stare and say the word “Fuck” to get everyone to do what she wants. 

I sure hope they are setting Bobby up for some big fall. Watching billionaires fuck over normal people, just because they can, with absolutely no downside or consequences is just not entertaining TV. 

Why are we supposed to care about Bobby’s pet artist who was obviously only introduced to give Wendy a future fuckbuddy?

• Love 4
On 5/25/2020 at 9:41 AM, SoCal Mema said:

Also, seems like they want more Shark Tank people on the show and had been courting Damon for some time as a guest.

What was weird is that Damon came on to basically make a passive-aggressive point about successful minority business people being used to gain credibility for White people.

Bobby suddenly leaving was awful strategy, unworthy of who he is supposed to be. They are making Axe out to be someone who falls apart at a challenge.

And Chuck ... running around claiming the high moral ground, while behaving nearly as unethically as Axe. All of these people exhaust me.

Somewhere in Axe is a character I like. Rude, sure, and at times ruthless. But his motives are always clear, and he doesn't break laws getting info, he just gets info much as all of his competitors do. But his personal choices are awful.