Type keyword(s) to search

Dani Powell vs. Edrisa Tanaka

• Start Topic

(edited)

Which one do you think is a better love interest for Malcolm?

What are each characters best scenes?   Are they with Malcolm or without him?  

For now this is also an all encompassing topic for both characters but focusing on both their relationships with Malcolm Bright.   

Edited by Chaos Theory

Malcolm and Edrisa are both a little weird and they both REALLY enjoy their job.   While I just don’t think Dani is good for Malcolm she is always quick to turn on him and question him.  She did it last season when he was framed for murder.  She was the very first person to think he might be guilty.  And this episode I absolutely hated her for telling Gil to back away from Jessica.   I just don’t think she...likes the Whitlys.   Edrisa on the other hand for better and worse would fit right in.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Malcolm and Edrisa are both a little weird and they both REALLY enjoy their job.   While I just don’t think Dani is good for Malcolm she is always quick to turn on him and question him.  She did it last season when he was framed for murder.  She was the very first person to think he might be guilty.  And this episode I absolutely hated her for telling Gil to back away from Jessica.   I just don’t think she...likes the Whitlys.   Edrisa on the other hand for better and worse would fit right in.

I think the point of the episode was to show that Dani, like Gil didn't wait for backup when Malcolm was in danger. She showed the same bad judgment she was accusing Gil of earlier.

• Useful 1
17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Wrong answer.

I didn't know there was a wrong or right answer. Lol. Yes, in the season 2 premiere episode it seemed Dani may have been a little tough on Malcolm and Gil.

But guess what? Malcolm absolutely deserves it, because its so apparent that he's giving in to murderous beast inside - he playfully gambled with letting the killer drop off the ledge - he playfully threatened to cut the other killer with a saw and then he had a smile on his face when cutting up Endicott body.

Malcolm doesn't need a woman with hearts in her eyes all the time like Dr. Tanaka. He needs someone who will speak up and call him out on his crap like Dani. Plus... he shown numerous times that he actually likes her

Edited by LadyOracle
Correction
  • Love 1

I don't really like Dani or the way the actress plays her. I know that she's kind of a buttoned-up character so Aurora Perrineau's restrained portrayal makes sense, but I don't think she's talented or charismatic enough to pull it off. To be fair, my annoyance that they're teasing a romantic relationship between her and Malcolm may be coloring my opinion. Because the Martin-Malcolm relationship reminds me of Hannibal-Will from Hannibal, I think I was hoping Dani's role would be more like Beverly's from that show.

I don't really want Malcolm to get involved with Edrisa either. Keiko Agena's great, but the character can be a lot. I loved that she was on Malcolm's side when he was suspected of murder and the nice moment in the season 2 premiere when she understood his reaction at having to contact his father for help, so I'm Team Neither as far as romance, but Edrisa gets my vote when it comes to friendship.

• Love 1

I'd prefer no romance for Malcolm. He's nowhere near ready. Dani must know it's a bad idea to sleep with someone crazier than you are, and I hope she remembers that. Edrisa must know it too, but she might not consider it a problem.

203_prodigal-son_photo02.jpg

Is this Edrisa getting her "Mermaid On" in this skin tight wetsuit? Maybe we will finally get to see what she is working with. Can't wait for Prodigal Son - Season 2 Episode 3 - Alma Mater

When the headmaster of Bright's alma mater is found murdered, he is forced to face a troubling secret from his past. Meanwhile, Jessica struggles with her decision to end things with Gil, Martin grows closer to Friar Pete (guest star Christian Borle) and JT eagerly anticipates the birth of his baby in the all-new "Alma Mater" episode of PRODIGAL SON airing Tuesday, Jan. 26 (9:01-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Oh, and Dani was also in the episode.

203_prodigal-son_photo01.jpg

Malcolm chooses to stay 6 feet away from Dani at all times!

Well, I don't know about love interests.  Frankly, Malcolm is too messed up to be in a relationship with anyone anytime soon.  As for characters, I'd go with Dani.  She seems like a real person whereas Edrisa has quickly become little more than a running joke.  And while Dani would be a stabilizing force in Malcolm's life - again, as merely a friend at this point - Edrisa is like his obsessed #1 fan who is more likely to feed into his brand of crazy.  

• Love 1

Okay - now they're just trolling. They put out this Malcolm/Edrisa promo for Valentines Day, but we know in the next episode

Spoiler

Malcom and Dani are a couple in Malcolm's dream world.

Edited by Trini