Type keyword(s) to search

Malcolm Whitly Bright (Tom Payne)

• Start Topic

I am a Malcolm bright fan, I am a bit worried I am really excited about getting season 2 but I want Malcolm to be still the main character but it seems it going to be all about Ainsley do you think, now they have found the girl in the box that story line has gone. What do you think. Am I worrying needlessly.

1 hour ago, denise42 said:

I am a Malcolm bright fan, I am a bit worried I am really excited about getting season 2 but I want Malcolm to be still the main character but it seems it going to be all about Ainsley do you think, now they have found the girl in the box that story line has gone. What do you think. Am I worrying needlessly.

Malcolm is the North Star of the show.   Everything circles around him but ultimately he can’t be the only character on the show.   Other characters need to be fleshed out.   There are legitimate questions that the first season hinted at.    What really  happened  between Jessica and Gil?   Why did Jessica really stay in New York when she had all the money in the world?   Did killing open something inside Ainsley that was always there?   What will Martin do now that he knows his daughter is closer to him then his son is?

All these are legitimate questions but I think the show will still ultimately focus on what makes Malcolm who he is.    Who’s prodigal son is he really?  

• Love 1

In a way, Malcolm has been a prodigal son since the beginning of the series, because he has not followed in his father's murderous footsteps.  Is this the meaning of the series title?

1 hour ago, Driad said:

In a way, Malcolm has been a prodigal son since the beginning of the series, because he has not followed in his father's murderous footsteps.  Is this the meaning of the series title?

The prodigal son in the Bible went off to do his own thing, but then returned home to his father when he went broke.  While our Malcolm doesn't appear to be in danger of going broke, I've always wondered whether the title inferred he would return home to his father's way of doing things.  

Thus my opinion that the name of the show should be changed to "The Prodigal" so it will fit either offspring.