Type keyword(s) to search

Equal Access: The Media Thread

• Start Topic

On 11/18/2022 at 2:19 PM, Trini said:

From TVLine:

Thank you. I was just going to post a question as to when The Equalizer was supposed to return mid-season because I just noticed it wasn't on my TV schedule file for January and CBS's announcement on November 14 of its mid-season premieres and returns didn't include it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Preview (and video clip) of this coming Sunday's episode with quotes from Lorraine Toussaint: https://www.tvinsider.com/1090044/the-equalizer-season-3-episode-15-lorraine-toussaint-preview/

The Equalizer, as it has done before, shines a light on an important social issue in the April 23 episode: domestic violence. At the center of it is Aunt Vi (Lorraine Toussaint), trying to help her masseuse in “No Way Out,” which does also get personal for her.

• Like 3

Another preview article with another clip: https://www.theroot.com/exclusive-the-equalizer-reveals-a-tragic-secret-from-a-1850362041

Season 3 of The Equalizer has allowed viewers to learn more about Vi’s past, which is something Toussaint always wanted for her character.

“When we started this adventure three years ago, one of the things that the writers and I talked about is that Vi is a deep well,” she said. “She’s lived a big life, so the part that you get introduced to early on is really just the tip of the iceberg. As the series unfolds and evolves, you get to see that some of the qualities that our audiences like most about Vi is…by virtue of having lived.”

• Useful 2

I couldn't find any articles about it, but it looks like The Equalizer is now airing in weekend syndication?  The NBC affiliate here is listing early season 1 episodes on both Saturdays and Sundays to fill the time after college/NFL football.  I'm kind of surprised this would happen now with only 46 episodes.

• Useful 1
On 2/27/2024 at 3:23 AM, KWalkerInc said:

I guess there are ten episodes this season, based on the listings at Futon Critic.  There is no show on March 10 to avoid Oscars competition, and a rerun (at 10 for some reason) on March 24.  The show is also preempted on April 7 by the CMT Awards, and on April 14 because Tracker is moved up to make room for a Billy Joel concert at 9.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/equalizer/listings/

I was wondering why the next episode didn't show up in my recordings. So we have to waiting until April 21st until the next episode. That's such a long wait.

The next new episode is March 17, then there's probably one on March 31 (unless they have even fewer than 10 episodes or they're going to double up on one of the dates later, which I guess is possible). 

• Thanks 1
On 2/27/2024 at 4:23 AM, KWalkerInc said:

I guess there are ten episodes this season, based on the listings at Futon Critic.  There is no show on March 10 to avoid Oscars competition, and a rerun (at 10 for some reason) on March 24.  The show is also preempted on April 7 by the CMT Awards, and on April 14 because Tracker is moved up to make room for a Billy Joel concert at 9.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/equalizer/listings/

March 24 is preempted because of March Madness, I would think.  First round games.

• Useful 1
46 minutes ago, blackwing said:

March 24 is preempted because of March Madness, I would think.  First round games.

March 24, 2024   CBS Schedule

Tracker,     New Episode:  Lexington / New Time:   8pm

CSI: Vegas,   New Episode  / New Time:   9pm

The Equalizer,   Repeat: S04.E01: Truth for a Truth  / New Time:  10pm

• Useful 1
18 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

The next new episode is March 17, then there's probably one on March 31 (unless they have even fewer than 10 episodes or they're going to double up on one of the dates later, which I guess is possible). 

12 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Next Two New Episodes:   March 17, 2024     &    March 31, 2024     

6 hours ago, blackwing said:

5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

March 24, 2024   CBS Schedule

Tracker,     New Episode:  Lexington / New Time:   8pm

CSI: Vegas,   New Episode  / New Time:   9pm

The Equalizer,   Repeat: S04.E01: Truth for a Truth  / New Time:  10pm

Oh, good. Thank you.