Type keyword(s) to search

Labor Of Love - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Labor of Love is an upcoming American dating game show set to air on Fox on Thursdays at 9:00 p.m. starting on May 21, 2020. The show is hosted by Sex and the City actress Kristin Davis and stars former The Bachelor contestant Kristy Katzmann.

Episode 1:

"15 First Dates"

Kristy is matched with 15 sexy, sophisticated and like-minded men who are ready to let their paternal sides shine.

Airs May 21, 2020.

Since we would normally be starting the Bachelorette about now, and are denied this will be a fun (I hope) substitute.   The format is a little wonky, but I'm in.

I think Kristy is going to regret keeping the drunk flooring guy. 

• Love 5

Kristy was on Brad Womack's first season of the Bachelor back in 2007.  She was sent home around week 5 or 6.  

I knew I recognized Dr. Marcus.  Then it dawned on me that he was on Survivor.

I hope that Kristy makes the smart choice and doesn't waste this opportunity on the wrong guy.  I am surprised they didn't announce to us who had the lowest sperm count.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

I knew I recognized Dr. Marcus.  Then it dawned on me that he was on Survivor.

Yes, he was the “normal” one on Survivor: Gabon’s cast of crazy people, or at least that was what thought until he signed up for this show for whatever reason.

I don’t think there is a man on this planet who would want it announced to the world that he has the lowest sperm count. 

In a normal season this show is probably cancelled before it even airs, but thanks to the virus we get to see this actually aired on broadcast primetime, though it’s not like FOX hasn’t aired trashier shows in the past such as I Wanna Marry Harry. It’s not even that bad but who is this even being made for. 

• Love 1

Does this episode get better? I soldiered through the sperm donation in what appeared to be porta-potties and then the trophy for most swimmers and I was out. As someone who has viewed every season of the Bachelor franchise, watched whatshername marry a millionaire, cheered for singles to break up "couples" on an island, and rolled my eyes at weddings where the bride and groom had never met, I thought I had seen it all. However, I felt actually skeeved by show. Wondering if I should give it another chance.  

• LOL 3
On 5/22/2020 at 7:00 PM, Haley17 said:

Does this episode get better? I soldiered through the sperm donation in what appeared to be porta-potties and then the trophy for most swimmers and I was out. As someone who has viewed every season of the Bachelor franchise, watched whatshername marry a millionaire, cheered for singles to break up "couples" on an island, and rolled my eyes at weddings where the bride and groom had never met, I thought I had seen it all. However, I felt actually skeeved by show. Wondering if I should give it another chance.  

No. It doesn't get better. It remains the same level of trashy. 

• LOL 1

Episode 2:

"Crazy, Stupid, Bear"

The men's protective instincts are put to the test during a camping trip in the woods; one of the men reveals insider info about the other contestants, leading to tension in the house; Kristy picks two men for her first set of dates.

Airs May 28, 2020.

These guys must not watch The Bachelor.   NEVER spend your one-on-one time talking about the other contestants.    That's usually a ticket home.   I'm surprised the tattler stayed, but I suspect he's on thin ice. 

• Love 5

Episode 3:

"10 Things Kristy Likes About You"

Kristy spends time in the father-to-be house and gets to know the men on a deeper level; two men are chosen for romantic one-on-one dates.

Airs June 4, 2020.

(edited)

I hope Angelo gets a ration of shit from his co-workers today for the exit interview we saw last night. 

I sort of understand why Kristy was skeeved about Walker's profession; I babysat once or twice for a mortician family that lived over the funeral home and knowing I was right over the funeral parlor creeped me out. On the other hand, not every mortician lives over the funeral parlor, and lots of funeral homes are multigenerational businesses so having a family should not be out of the question just because of his job. One of my sisters is married to a mortician; my BIL is at least the 3rd generation in the family business, maybe even the fourth or fifth. But, Walker liked to travel A LOT, and maybe not just to the "Crate and Barrel" funeral director conventions. If he wasn't willing to give that up then sending him home made sense.

I haven't got a favorite baby daddy for Kristy yet.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 3

I’m having trouble remembering names . . .oh well.  She seemed to really like the wrestler.  The doctor seems nice, but bland.  Aussie guy is getting frustrated “They keep showing me messing up!”  Dude!  Didn’t you watch some American style tv before signing up?  We live for that sh**!  And what was with the guy with the stuffed animal and weird hat?  And the flooring guy frat boy!  He was NEVER going to stick around once he’d knocked her up!  He peed on her house!  What a douche!

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/7/2020 at 3:30 AM, BluBarbi98 said:

I'm surprised everyone who went for the talk went home. I do appreciate that the show is not dragging this out by only sending one person at at a time. 

I can’t tell most of the men apart, so it might help me a lot.  Especially since I don’t have a favorite for her either.  

Edited by kitkat343
  • Love 1

Episode 4:

"Some Like It Extra Hot"

Kristy and the remaining fathers-to-be participate in a game night that provides a deeper look into their dating and parenting styles; one man's dreams for a romantic date are crushed when he and Kristy are put in charge of a child's birthday party.

Airs June 11, 2020.

On 6/8/2020 at 8:36 PM, call me ishmael said:

The thing that strikes me is that she is articulate in explaining her choices.  No wonder she didn’t succeed on the Bachelor.

I really liked how decisive she was in sending Alan home, saying that in her 20s she'd have chased after a guy who didn't really seem to be into her, but that she had learned a lot and was now sending that guy packing.  I hope things work out either here or in real life for her.

• Love 4
(edited)

Count me in as another one who thought Alan was going all the way to the final 2, if there is such a thing on this show. Now I'm thinking it may come down to the guy with the glasses who was mobbed by all the little kids and the guy with the chocolate-covered strawberries.

And I still can't remember their names. Gary and Kyle, maybe?

Edited to add:

So I went google surfing to get the guys names, and I was right, it was Gary and Kyle. Someone has been watching the social media of each of the guys and Kristy, and found some pictures of vacation water sports and references to celery juice that Kristy has in common with one of the guys:

Spoiler

Kyle. Should have figured, he's a salesman.

Edited by NeenerNeener
(edited)
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I used to like Marcus but now he is entitled and a bit creepy

Agreed.

Also, I thought Kyle looked like a terrible kisser. I don't care for him at all.

I'm guessing the two guys are trash talking Stewart. I still like him anyways.

I also thought Keith's analysis may have been right about most of the guys left. 

Edited by Court

So I wonder what the (cheesy) ritual will be when she makes her final pick:

Kristie to the guy who comes in second: I'm sorry, you're a great guy but I just don't see us starting a family together

Kristie to the guy she picks: Congratulations! While I don't see us being a family here's a sperm container for you to fill and a contract for you to sign!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I wonder if they showed Kristie some of  the dailies of Keith stomping around like Godzilla before she sent him home. Do they have an obligation to let her know one of the contestants has anger management issues before she spends any alone time with him or possibly picks him as the "winner"? If this were an episode of UnReal they would be deliberately putting her in harm's way for the drama and ratings but here she dodged a potential bullet. Of course, if this were an episode of UnReal Keith's meltdowns would also have been an act rather than his real response to the situations.

• Love 3

Episode 5:

"40 Year Old... Fathers"

Kristy and Kristin test the men on their physical strength and endurance to see if they can survive a labor simulation; Kristy embarks on hot dates with two of the men.

Aired June 18, 2020.

(edited)

There must be a lot of interactions we aren't seeing if Kristy has considered Marcus a front-runner up to this point. She hasn't spent much time with him at all that we've seen.

So far, the spoiler could still be true.

Also, I lust after both of those houses. 

5 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1

For some reason I got invested in this stupid show. It’s a show to have on while doing other things mostly but I’ve still unironically enjoyed this and became invested in the outcome.

Really thought Marcus was done. He is playing the Survivor game trying to make “big moves” but that’s not going to help on a dating show. Although at the end Kristy kind of basically admitted he is keeping him around because he is a doctor and has money lol.

• Love 2

Episode 6:

"You've Got Babies"

he remaining five men receive baby simulators to test their skills; Kristy spends more time with each of the men before deciding which hometowns she'll be visiting.

Aired June 25, 2020.

(edited)
13 hours ago, Suzysite said:

My TV listing says next week is a rerun.  I wonder why, this close to the end?   

They may be on "holiday" programming next week because of July 4th.

Edited by NeenerNeener
On 6/26/2020 at 11:11 AM, gsnrocks92 said:

For some reason I got invested in this stupid show. It’s a show to have on while doing other things mostly but I’ve still unironically enjoyed this and became invested in the outcome.

Really thought Marcus was done. He is playing the Survivor game trying to make “big moves” but that’s not going to help on a dating show. Although at the end Kristy kind of basically admitted he is keeping him around because he is a doctor and has money lol.

He's an anesthesiologist too, correct? They make the big bucks. Hard lifestyle though unless he's working independently outside of the hospital setting (sedation for dental surgeons, etc.). I used to work in a hospital and a lot of the anesthesiologists' wives are essentially single mothers due to the shift work. 

It's not a lifestyle I would willingly choose.

• Useful 2

Episode 7:

"There's Something About Kristy"

Kristy travels to the hometowns of the final three men to get a closer look at what her future could be like with each of them; upon regrouping in Chicago, she must narrow it down to her final two, causing a heartbreaking elimination.

Airs July 9, 2020.

I wasn't going to watch this crap show but tonight weather blew all my channels off and this was the only station that would come in so I saw the very last few minutes. It was so good! The woman star was talking to each of the men, saying exactly the same thing to each of them as the camera switched out the guys and left her the same, and not missing a beat of her speech. So hilarious! Then she ends up sending Marcus home. Wow, his rejection speech has to be at the top of dickwad rejection speeches. He wanted to "win this contest" because she is "pretty and a good kisser." Because that's the reason to have children together! Then he said a bunch more sentences that reinforced the fact the guy is a total jerkface and loser. I was too busy saying "Holy cow!" and "WTH!" to remember what they were. But they were golden in this franchise. Well done, Mr. Marcus! And good luck even getting a date if any women are watching this show. Ladies: Make sure you get a solid pre-nup with this guy, even for going on a date.

Now I have to watch next week. Thanks a lot, show.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I wasn't going to watch this crap show but tonight weather blew all my channels off and this was the only station that would come in so I saw the very last few minutes. It was so good! The woman star was talking to each of the men, saying exactly the same thing to each of them as the camera switched out the guys and left her the same, and not missing a beat of her speech. So hilarious! Then she ends up sending Marcus home. Wow, his rejection speech has to be at the top of dickwad rejection speeches. He wanted to "win this contest" because she is "pretty and a good kisser." Because that's the reason to have children together! Then he said a bunch more sentences that reinforced the fact the guy is a total jerkface and loser. I was too busy saying "Holy cow!" and "WTH!" to remember what they were. But they were golden in this franchise. Well done, Mr. Marcus! And good luck even getting a date if any women are watching this show. Ladies: Make sure you get a solid pre-nup with this guy, even for going on a date.

Don’t forget about Marcus’ house mom.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Marcus is a total weirdo.    His house mom creeped me out.   

Super creepy. Was that real? I mean, yeah, this is a stupid reality show, but that was just bizarre. Also, Stewart must be hiding something otherwise there’s no way someone that great isn’t already taken (unless he’s just a big old player). 

• Love 3

I wanted to know why Stewart didn't have to do one of the dates like the other guys did. The others had to do baby/kids classes.  He just got to pretend to buy a nice house to impress her.

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

To be fair it is a competitive reality show, for some odd reason...

The only thing that stood out was Marcus' mom. Yikes...

• Love 1

I'm wondering what is going on with Marcus.  Did he actually invite his friends to meet Kristy and that got edited out to make him look extra creepy?  Was he going overboard trying to convince Kristy that he would be a good father because he is respectful to his mom/housemom?  Even if it was the producer's idea, why would he waste precious time while Kristy was there trying to fix his pants?

Also, Stewart must be hiding something otherwise there’s no way someone that great isn’t already taken (unless he’s just a big old player). 

Gut feeling - Stewart is one of those guys who will eventually get married, but normally the woman he marries will be a 20 something model, fitness instructor or pr person.  The competitive aspect of this show might make him chose Kristy, but in real life I cannot imagine him marrying a woman her age (and I'm a woman her age so it's not even remotely a criticism of her).

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Marcus is a total weirdo.    His house mom creeped me out.   

Going back to what I remember from UnReal about contestants having "producers" ...whoever his producer was must have guessed that meeting his house mom would freak Kristie out, and totally sandbagged him for the sake of the drama. 

Kristie shut Stewart down pretty fast when he wanted to spend the night. He really hasn't gone out of his way up to now to impress her as much as some of the other guys did. They really aren't that into each other and it shows.

Kyle's babies are going to be huge; she might want to audition women as surrogate wombs for a second season of this show.

Edited by NeenerNeener
10 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

The only thing that stood out was Marcus' mom. Yikes...

Which one... real mom with her troweled-on makeup, or house mom who has to tell him to make his bed?   It would have been way less weird if he'd just called her his housekeeper.

I wonder if Marcus has tried out for Clare's season of the Bachelorette.   He seems to like these competitions.  I'm not sure when he has time for actual medicine, though.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

Which one... real mom with her troweled-on makeup, or house mom who has to tell him to make his bed?   It would have been way less weird if he'd just called her his housekeeper.

I wonder if Marcus has tried out for Clare's season of the Bachelorette.   He seems to like these competitions.  I'm not sure when he has time for actual medicine, though.

His house mom. 

I'm starting to suspect he's one of those anesthesiologists that sets their own schedule and works independently of the hospital system.

This show has made me realize why I appreciate how they are doing the Bachelor GOATs episodes. I've never watched the Bachelor/ette in full. I've watched this in full. Nah. Just give me a summary and I'm good. 

• Love 1

Marcus... really?  Was that housemother thing real?  Even if she's a housekeeper, any woman needs to run from that needy, helpless momma's boy. I'm shuddering now thinking of having to take care of him. 

Does Kyle remind anyone else of the actor Adam Driver? Kristie sure seems to have chemistry with him more than she does Stewart.  She was all up on Kyle on that bed.  

• Love 1

Count me among the confused about Marcus' "House Mom". At first I thought he was just describing a housekeeper but gave her a different name but the pants conversation seemed really off and/or inauthentic. 

• Love 1
On 7/12/2020 at 7:14 PM, BluBarbi98 said:

Count me among the confused about Marcus' "House Mom". At first I thought he was just describing a housekeeper but gave her a different name but the pants conversation seemed really off and/or inauthentic. 

The house mom thing reminds me of the woman on The Bachelor (corrine I think) who still had a nanny to make her mac and cheese.