Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Read Between the Signs

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Set Them Free said:

I have no proof of this, but something about the stilted way Kyle asked the question made it seem more producer driven to me.  I think the producers decided to make Aaron’s alternative beliefs a story line this season.  That Kyle complied does suggest that she doesn’t care about Denise.  And she deserves Denise’s counterpunch.  But I just don’t think Kyle decided on her own to go after Denise.  

I think you are right. Kyle is too stupid to come up with that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think the producers decided to make Aaron’s alternative beliefs a story line this season.

Aaron made it a story himself.

I think Kyle was just asking a genuine question on her own, Aaron could have just given a stock "I'm in alternative medicine" type of answer, but for whatever reason he himself chose to answer on and on and on and wouldn't shut up. There was no reason for him to bring up the stuff about how he is constantly being followed by...whoever he believes is following him

I can't remember if Denise was sitting next to him or not, but I imagine if she was she would have been kicking him under the table a few times to stop and he didn't.

Kyle is too stupid to come up with that.

I dunno, if one believes and follows the narrative that Kyle was able to help orchestrate "taking down" (or whatever phrase people use) LVP, then, if that is true, then surely going after Aaron would be small cakes comparatively.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Aaron made it a story himself.

I think Kyle was just asking a genuine question on her own, Aaron could have just given a stock "I'm in alternative medicine" type of answer, but for whatever reason he himself chose to answer on and on and on and wouldn't shut up. There was no reason for him to bring up the stuff about how he is constantly being followed by...whoever he believes is following him

I can't remember if Denise was sitting next to him or not, but I imagine if she was she would have been kicking him under the table a few times to stop and he didn't.

You could be right.  

I just have a suspicion that the producers watched Aaron last year and knew he would say some crazy stuff if given the opportunity.  They used Kyle to get that out. 

Perhaps there is a middle ground where production just put the idea in Kyle's head that Aaron's job would be an interesting dinner topic, and Kyle may have thought Aaron's response would be more interesting than embarrassing. 

But Denise probably still sees a takedown instigated by Kyle, and Kyle is going to have to accept the consequences.  For whatever reason, Denise is not going to hold Aaron responsible for his crazy monologue.  

• Love 4
On 5/21/2020 at 5:51 PM, goofygirl said:

Rinna couldn't WAIT to get home and call Kyle!  You just KNOW it!  I think the old crown is getting pretty heavy on Kyle's pea brain by about now.  Rinna's fighting dirty to rip it off her head but that's another story!

Wonder how long Erika actually performed in Chicago before the Covid-19 happened?

And the crying Teddi does is because she's PREGNANT.  Kyle's crying (IF it's real!) is because of PERI-MENOPAUSE.

Teddi never has a good story line.  I think she got on because of her Father?

I was just wondering today in fact, how long Erika was on the stage when the virus hit.  I just can’t see her doing two hours of dancing.  It’s different than she does with her boys in her other act.  I was never interested in seeing Chicago.

• Love 2

So Kyle and Teddi had someone come and teach them some relaxation/meditation techniques — and that somehow became “couples therapy” to sneaky Dorit?  

I don’t know why they didn’t just laugh it off, “yeah, we’re in couples therapy together!”  It’s just ridiculous and I am ticked off at Dorit for making it a thing.  And upset that Kyle and Teddi didn’t just laugh in her face. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I dunno, if one believes and follows the narrative that Kyle was able to help orchestrate "taking down" (or whatever phrase people use) LVP, then, if that is true, then surely going after Aaron would be small cakes comparatively.

Vyle is a good follower and I as used by more manipulating scumbags like Rinna. She was too dumb to realize that the blowback would fall on her and not on Dorito where it belonged.

Don’t get me wrong, she has a small degree of animal cunning.... just enough to help Maugreasio steal her sisters house.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 5/21/2020 at 6:23 PM, Hiyo said:

“Saying fuck and talking about fucking are two different things. When she saw the kids giggling and knew they could hear it she shut it down.“

For some people, saying fuck could be just as unacceptable as talking about threesomes, so if you can get away with one...

“I am amazed this is even a thing to argue about.“

Me too, but for different reasons, I am guessing 🙂 

Denise gets to decide how she parents her children and what's acceptable for them hear at her home.  If anyone doesn't like it they can leave.  What anyone else thinks is acceptable or not is irrelevant to what Denise wants going on at her home.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

I don’t know why they didn’t just laugh it off, “yeah, we’re in couples therapy together!”  It’s just ridiculous and I am ticked off at Dorit for making it a thing.  And upset that Kyle and Teddi didn’t just laugh in her face. 

My instinct was the same, that Kyle and Teddi  should just laugh it off.  But I'm not sure that would work because all the shit that Dorit is starting, with both Kyle and Sutton, is ridiculous and should be laughed off.  But for some reason, the other women are cosigning  all of Dorit's nonsense.

As long as Rinna, Denise, and Erika are on board with letting Dorit rile up Kyle, I'm not really sure what strategy is going to be effective against Dorit.  The couples therapy stuff is evolving into Kyle has a double standard.  Laughing it off doesn't help with that.

Dorit is ruthless and unemotional about this.  She has an agenda and reasoning with her won't work.  

Going after her financial situation is like touching the third rail because the HWs have made it clear that is off limits which was Camille's doom.  Plus Kyle has her own skeletons.

Sutton's strategy of just calling the behavior with a clever phrase and using that to shut Dorit down seemed most effective but I'm not sure Kyle is capable of that.

Kyle really just needs a diversion to deflect Dorit onto something else.

• Love 2

Denise gets to decide how she parents her children and what's acceptable for them hear at her home.  If anyone doesn't like it they can leave.  What anyone else thinks is acceptable or not is irrelevant to what Denise wants going on at her home.

Hopefully she'll be more consistent and set a better example for what is allowed at her home too.

Vyle is a good follower and I as used by more manipulating scumbags like Rinna. She was too dumb to realize that the blowback would fall on her and not on Dorito where it belonged.

But that still doesn't track with the narrative people are trying to set up...if Kyle is a follower, it makes no sense she would be the Queen Bee, that title would have fallen on Rinna or Dorit.

Granted, I never saw last season as anything more than the other women calling LVP out on her bullshit, her throwing a temper tantrum, and quitting when she didn't get the reaction she wanted.

just enough to help Maugreasio steal her sisters house.

I thought that conspiracy theory was disproved ages ago?

Perhaps there is a middle ground where production just put the idea in Kyle's head that Aaron's job would be an interesting dinner topic, and Kyle may have thought Aaron's response would be more interesting than embarrassing. 

Or the simpler solution, Kyle was making what she thought was normal dinner party conversation, and Aaron shot himself in the foot repeatedly.

Denise gunning for Kyle due to Aaron being an idiot kind of makes Denise look like an asshole.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Hopefully she'll be more consistent and set a better example for what is allowed at her home too.

But that still doesn't track with the narrative people are trying to set up...if Kyle is a follower, it makes no sense she would be the Queen Bee, that title would have fallen on Rinna or Dorit.

Granted, I never saw last season as anything more than the other women calling LVP out on her bullshit, her throwing a temper tantrum, and quitting when she didn't get the reaction she wanted.

I thought that conspiracy theory was disproved ages ago?

Or the simpler solution, Kyle was making what she thought was normal dinner party conversation, and Aaron shot himself in the foot repeatedly.

Denise gunning for Kyle due to Aaron being an idiot kind of makes Denise look like an asshole.

Exactly! 

• Love 3
On 5/22/2020 at 3:05 PM, SemiCharmedLife said:

The census just asks for race, not ethnicity.  My husband, who is Mexican, and I have the hardest time filling it out for him- nothing fits.  Sometimes we put in "other" and try to define it.  I wonder how other Latinos handle it?

I never knew that about Mauricio! I read that Shakira is part Lebanese on her dad's side. Who knew...

The narrative is that Vyle wants to be the Queen Bee but is too stupid to pull it off. She thought everyone would fall in line and kowtow to her and it is not working out for her. She only has her flying monkey Teddy. The rest of them are trying to pull her down into the muck.

It seems the other housewives dislike her as much as her sisters do....I didn’t think that was possible.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

The narrative is that Vyle wants to be the Queen Bee but is too stupid to pull it off. She thought everyone would fall in line and kowtow to her and it is not working out for her. She only has her flying monkey Teddy. The rest of them are trying to pull her down into the muck.

It seems the other housewives dislike her as much as her sisters do....I didn’t think that was possible.

Kyle is beginning to see the writing on the wall:

"I see what is happening here. It’s going to be a rough ride for me apparently. Lots of agendas."

"Everyone coming for me like the first party out of quarantine."

She absolutely thought that everyone would be on her side. She was ready to be presented with the crown, and then "whooosh!"

A little unexpected rebellion occurs. Nobody sided with her except Sutton and Teddi Bear. She's now hurt and upset and underneath her bangs her face crumpled and they all made her cry.

Waiting for Brandi to come to her rescue.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 5/24/2020 at 4:10 AM, suomi said:

Maybe this should go in Denise's thread, I don't know, but there's an ongoing conversation here.

We've seen kids at gatherings before, I won't list them and quantify the type of event or activity but it's nothing new.

Twice, maybe three times, someone told Denise at her event that her house is "cute." Not hey, what a great view or wow, I bet your family loves living here - your house is cute. A minimal observation, at best. (If someone said something besides cute I missed it, mea culpa).

Her place is not new or upscale and the lawn looks like they do their own yard work but, hey, a lot of Malibu is like that. (Heh, and old money is often like that. Confident, assured, nothing to prove). And her guests were advised to wear yard shoes. Ehew. 

They expressed more interest and approval when they went camping than they did when they were guests at Denise's home. The messages they're sending to her are intended to show the ragamuffin who has clout and who measures up and who deserves respect 'round here. (Bring it). 

Erika Girardi (not Erika Jayne) got more genuine effort and enthusiasm on the travel bus for her C*** necklace than Denise got for her obviously kid-friendly pizza and sundae bar gathering.

A new element is in play since Denise joined.

She's had minor roles and major roles in film and TV; she's done commercials and a shit ton of magazine covers; she posed nude for Playboy a few months after a pregnancy; she's walked many genuine (not vanity) runways; she's placed respectably on Sexiest and Most Beautiful lists; she wrote a memoir; her (solo) reality show ran for two seasons; she generously contributes time and money to numerous charities (pets, disaster relief, cancer, the needs of newborns).

As a single women, she adopted a special needs infant and mothered her ex's two sons for an extended period while their parents were drugged up.

Except for two episodes she appeared in on the ex's Two And A Half Men sitcom, the new element in play is that her entire career is due to her solo efforts and hustle. No successful husband or boyfriend or sugar daddy or sweet divorce settlement entered into it. She pays her own way. She may not have a lot but what she does have she has earned by herself (while also remaining exceptionally close to and caring for her parents during their health issues). 

In addition to all that, she can look fine when she goes glam but her go-to is jeans (or shorts) with minimal makeup and a high pony. They don't know how to handle the total package that is Denise, who (perhaps because of editing) was the only one who brought a hostess gift for Erika. (I'm guessing it wasn't editing).

She has them outgunned and outclassed while barely exerting herself. Thank goodness for her potty mouth, it gives them something NOKD (Not Our Kind, Dear) to hang on her. Phew. 

LOL. 

And Denise is a Bond girl...granted usually vote worst Bond girl..but being a Bond girl used to be like being in anything Star Trek..in a close knit club of sorts. 

• Love 4
On 5/21/2020 at 10:36 PM, Stats Queen said:

I knew a person like this, “these two women are spending a lot of time together or going on vacation together - so they must be lesbians” - Dorit’s obsession seems to really stems from jealousy- maybe because she has not had a true female/female friendship like that? 

Yes, it's all about jealousy for Dorit  , think of it this way , They both lost LVP as a friend.  LVP was best friend's with Kyle , Dorit and her husband were close to LVP. Now, they don't have LVP or each other.  It's laughable..

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/22/2020 at 8:55 PM, RealHousewife said:

Hmm not saying you’re wrong. I just haven’t heard much other than Kyle who’s the OG not being warm and welcoming to Garcelle, as the newbie. 

Sure. I'm by no means saying Kyle can't possibly be racist as I don't know her. I just remember even prior to this season it was brought up that she hasn't been seen filming with black friends and that she must be racist. No one ever said that about other housewives, so I didn't think that was fair either. The viewers don't know everyone in her life and why her close circle is what it is. Plus she's the only one who married a person of color. She didn't sit there and other Joyce the way Brandi did or laugh at the black people can't swim comment the way another beloved housewife did. 

While racism is possible, my first thought is Garcelle is gorgeous and famous, and perhaps that takes some attention away from Kyle. Kyle is such a pretty lady imo but seems insecure. My guess is it's not that Kyle feels superior to Garcelle as a white woman, but that she feels inferior next to this statuesque knockout actress. 

Kyle is always indifferent to the new girls.  Kyle and her sister Kim treated Brandi horribly the first season, she was the same way to Camille and that's why they don't get along today . Ericka was the only one she tried to befriend because she instantly saw that Ericka didn't take any shit and LVP liked Ericka.  Tom really liked LVP and Ericka knew it.   (my opinion ) I felt Tom's attraction to LVP when they first met and went out to dinner, did anyone else get that vibe if you remember  the episode?  I know Ericka is younger and beautiful, but there is a certain quality of beauty , elegance and class that LVP possesses and I think he was attracted to it, I watched his eyes light up everytime he was in her presence.    

Edited by byrd
  • Love 12
On 5/25/2020 at 5:49 PM, Thumper said:

So Kyle and Teddi had someone come and teach them some relaxation/meditation techniques — and that somehow became “couples therapy” to sneaky Dorit?  

She also completely inflated Sutton's innocent whispered aside as somehow being Sutton screaming that she was going to engage in hysterical behavior at the show.

I thought the use of the term "melt down" was just descriptive of how she would be upset if she had to do with seeing the guy. Lots of people would rather not be faced with people in social situations and might voice that they are "nervous" but that doesn't mean they do anything overt as opposed to just being uncomfortable. 

It was the most ridiculous inflation of an innocent remark said in passing to some kind of threat to hijack the event.

• Love 8
On 5/26/2020 at 8:01 AM, Hiyo said:

I think that fits with my narrative.

Dorit and Rinna manipulated Kyle into thinking she would be Queen Bee if she went along with getting rid of LvP.  There was enough sucking up to Kyle at last year's reunion that this theory seemed legitimate to me.  And Kyle certainly has the OG entitlement to believe she is entitled to a crown.

Now that the new season has started, Kyle is finding out that this was manipulation by Rinna and Dorit and Kyle isn't going to get favored status,

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
5 hours ago, byrd said:

Kyle is always indifferent to the new girls.  Kyle and her sister Kim treated Brandi horribly the first season, she was the same way to Camille and that's why they don't get along today . Ericka was the only one she tried to befriend because she instantly saw that Ericka didn't take any shit and LVP liked Ericka.  Tom really liked LVP and Ericka knew it.   (my opinion ) I felt Tom's attraction to LVP when they first met and went out to dinner, did anyone else get that vibe if you remember  the episode?  I know Ericka is younger and beautiful, but there is a certain quality of beauty , elegance and class that LVP possesses and I think he was attracted to it, I watched his eyes light up everytime he was in her presence.    

I remember how she treated Brandi. I still prefer Kyle to Brandi all day, but season 2 was not a good look for Kyle. 

I agree, Erika isn't one to mess with.

You're right on about LVP. There are lots of beautiful women out there, especially in LA, but I think with Lisa, she's not only beautiful, but indeed a "formidable opponent." A smart man like Tom wouldn't tire of her. She's not another bimbo. Elegance and class are becoming more and more rare these days. There are more gorgeous women with foul mouths and not much going upstairs. I think a lot of men would take to her more because of her femininity, wit, and charm. 

I also wonder if that was Yolanda's issue with LVP too-Mohamed and David both liked her a little too much. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

I think that fits with my narrative.

Well, that's what is great about shows like this, we can invent whatever narrative we want when it suits us lol

I also wonder if that was Yolanda's issue with LVP too-Mohamed and David both liked her a little too much. 

She can come across as "one of the lads" at times, yeah...

• Love 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, byrd said:

I remember and Erica never forgot. I think that's why she and LVP never really meshed.

Tom lit up when he and LVP bantered. I think he appreciated conversing with a woman who could converse intelligently about topics outside of herself.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I remember and Erica never forgot. I think that's why she and LVP never really meshed.

Tom lit up when he and LVP bantered. I think he appreciated conversing with a woman who could converse intelligently about topics outside of herself.

I agree with this. He spoke with LVP as an equal, while shutting down Erika like she was a child for interrupting. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I remember how she treated Brandi. I still prefer Kyle to Brandi all day, but season 2 was not a good look for Kyle. 

I agree, Erika isn't one to mess with.

You're right on about LVP. There are lots of beautiful women out there, especially in LA, but I think with Lisa, she's not only beautiful, but indeed a "formidable opponent." A smart man like Tom wouldn't tire of her. She's not another bimbo. Elegance and class are becoming more and more rare these days. There are more gorgeous women with foul mouths and not much going upstairs. I think a lot of men would take to her more because of her femininity, wit, and charm. 

True, that was when I liked Brandi.. that was her 1st season.  I hated the way Kim and Kyle treated her, I never would have imagined Brandi would turn out to be such a bitch. Yolanda was very jealous of everything about  Lisa , you are correct.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Thanks, glad to know someone else felt the vibe, it was clear as day .

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, byrd said:

True, that was when I liked Brandi.. that was her 1st season.  I hated the way Kim and Kyle treated her, I never would have imagined Brandi would turn out to be such a bitch. Yolanda was very jealous of everything about  Lisa , you are correct.

Yeah I liked Brandi then, and then it all went downhill after that. lol 

Didn't Mohamed even call Lisa his soulmate at some event they were at together off RHBH?

And I remember Yolanda said David thought "Lisa was looking so hot" on DWTS. Yolanda is human, and I get it could be weird for the father of your children to be best friend's with someone like Lisa, and then your current husband also likes her. Many women don't like their husbands having female friends period, attractive ones being no-no's in particular. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I agree with this. He spoke with LVP as an equal, while shutting down Erika like she was a child for interrupting. 

Yes he sure did that ! 

2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Yeah I liked Brandi then, and then it all went downhill after that. lol 

Didn't Mohamed even call Lisa his soulmate at some event they were at together off RHBH?

And I remember Yolanda said David thought "Lisa was looking so hot" on DWTS. Yolanda is human, and I get it could be weird for the father of your children to be best friend's with someone like Lisa, and then your current husband also likes her. Many women don't like their husbands having female friends period, attractive ones being no-no's in particular. 

The issue is Mo and Lisa were friends before he even married Yolanda.. He's defended Lisa when Yolanda was trying to drag her, Yolanda did not like that at all.

• Love 8
On 5/25/2020 at 8:49 PM, Thumper said:

EXACTLY! That would have been the perfect opportunity to play the "Someone is jelly" card that she and Taylor played with LVP in the first season. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I don’t know why they didn’t just laugh it off, “yeah, we’re in couples therapy together!” 

In improv, there are "yes...and" rules.  If someone makes a suggestion, the next person to speak has to accept it and then build onto it.  If they reject it, then the comedy stops evolving.  

I think the opposite is true with the housewives. If someone starts drama at you or accuses you of something, you can't say "yes...and" because that stops the drama.  So a HW has to say "no....but you...." 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

In improv, there are "yes...and" rules.  If someone makes a suggestion, the next person to speak has to accept it and then build onto it.  If they reject it, then the comedy stops evolving.  

I think the opposite is true with the housewives. If someone starts drama at you or accuses you of something, you can't say "yes...and" because that stops the drama.  So a HW has to say "no....but you...." 

LOL, I never thought of it that way, but so true! 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/20/2020 at 7:33 PM, DivaLasVegas82 said:

You're right. Kyle did say that Garcelle hasn't been around that much, which Garcelle confirmed since she is shooting various projects. But even when Kyle is around Garcelle, she still doesn't seem to engage with her. Like Garcelle said, Kyle just exchanges pleasantries and glosses over her.

I noticed there was a big black dog devotedly sitting by Erika's side while she and Tom were waiting for the guests to arrive.  I don't remember -- have we seen him before?

I wasn't sure what to make of Garcelle's comment that nobody was paying attention to her.  "I could do cartwheels on the table and nobody would notice me" or something to that effect.  I mean, everyone spoke to her during the get-together, so what does she think is missing?  They definitely don't fawn over her like her "ride or die girls", but then I didn't find that surprising.

Rinna really overdid her shock and surprise reaction, screaming like a lunatic.  So unnecessary.

Speaking of over-reactions, Dorit's "BUBBA!!!" when PK schlumps in seemed so fake and I thought was meant to impress the guy they were meeting there.  But then, Dorit is always ridiculous -- in the scene at Buco they have yet another friend who's "like family".  Seems as if every friend PK has is "like family" to them, yet we never hear them even mention anyone in their actual families.  Design dynamo that she is, swimwear is out, and Dorit is turning her enormous talents to the restaurant design business. Thank goodness she assured us she's not looking to become LVP.

I really liked the necklace Erika wore with the pink dress.  I tried to get a closer look by stopping the video, but I just couldn't figure out if it was crystals, diamonds, what??  Anybody have a clue?

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 5
On 5/28/2020 at 11:45 PM, Door County Cherry said:

My memory isn't what it used to be and this observation spoke to my dilemma.

Has this show always been such a constant bitch eat bitch world?

I thought there were fun and interesting and genuine moments interpersed with deadly go for the throat drama. Which made the drama more effective because of the contrast, the surprise factor.

Or am I not remembering it accurately?

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/21/2020 at 11:42 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think you hit the nail on the head. Vyle is your typical Hollywood limousine liberal who is actually uncomfortable around black people. You can see it in her interactions with Garcelle.

Vyle is authenticity inauthentic.

I don't see any racism whatsoever on this show.  Not on Kyle's part, not on anybody's part.  But I knew as soon as there was a person of color on the show, the accusers would come out of the woodwork calling racism where none exists.  Can't Garcelle just be a HW with nobody making an issue of her race or eagerly pointing out "possible" racism?

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 5/22/2020 at 2:53 PM, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Is it just me or Mauricio really DGAF anymore?

I think the marriage is on it's last legs and Kyle knows it.

I agree and think Mauricio self-medicates with the ganja as a means of escape.

• Love 3

Either that or he is a recreational marijuana user. Not to the shock Helen Lovejoy too much, but they do exist, and many lead functional, normal lives.

• Love 1

Dang. I forgot it was Wednesday, even when I gave my sister her meds from the W compartment - and I can't find it in Xfinity's lineup anytime soon. Gah! (Says someone who swore not to watch this season). 

Did I miss some juicy commenting? TIA

29 minutes ago, suomi said:

Dang. I forgot it was Wednesday, even when I gave my sister her meds from the W compartment - and I can't find it in Xfinity's lineup anytime soon. Gah! (Says someone who swore not to watch this season). 

Did I miss some juicy commenting? TIA

Not really. I’d only watch it if you like Garcelle or Dorit or are obsessed with the show like me. 😃

• LOL 2