Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Read Between the Signs

• Start Topic

(edited)

But, I mean, I guess I don't understand what Teddi needs a "pass" on? There are definitely flaws in who Teddi is but also, she's isn't Dorit or Rinna.  Both Dorit and Rinna have behaved obnoxiously and that's mostly what Kyle calls them out on.  Teddi hasn't really behaved in the same way, so not surprisingly, Kyle hasn't had the need to tell her to not be obnoxious. 

I can understand Erika's objection that they are a "package deal," so it would be annoying if you are arguing with one, you have to argue with both. That criticism seemed legitimate. But Dorit's upset because Kyle isn't treating Teddi like a pot-stirrer, etc. Well, Kyle isn't treating Teddi in the same way she treats Dorit because Teddi doesn't act like Dorit.

I think Teddi and Kyle jumping in whenever one of them is arguing with someone is an issue Dorit has...they even had flashbacks to that happening in last week's episode.

But I also think, if I were a party goer, I'd be confused as hell about what Denise was actually objecting to considering she kicked off the sex talk. And then she expects the alcohol sloshed brains of her guests to figure out where that line is?

Sex talk and throwing out a few F-bombs as well, with the kids in earshot of it all...

I mean, if she is worried about her daughter's friends asking their parents about what a threesome is, she might also be worried about them asking "Mom, does Aaron Phypers really have the biggest dick in the history of time?"

Edited by Hiyo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Dorti knows exactly what she's doing. Dorit wants to impress that something shady is happening because she wants Kyle all to herself. 

That just made it sound like this is some weird lesbian love triangle...

• LOL 3
17 hours ago, bagger said:

Is this the first time that a former housewife is talked about so openly on any franchise? I can only recall former housewives being discussed when they came back for an episode or two. 

Noooo, unfortunately, not at all.  After Bethenny departed RHNYC for the first time, they spent basically an entire season talking about her.  There were arguments about who said/did what in preventing people from getting along with Bethenny, how Bethenny treated Kelly, and she was a point of conversation at the season four reunion, when she wasn’t a participant in the show whatsoever for that season...and then they cut four of the seven cast members after that season.  Probably because the assholes were so preoccupied with Bethenny, they weren’t building storylines for themselves.  

Whether I love or loathe a Housewife, I think that once she exits stage left, the remaining Housewives should not speak about her.  It makes them look like they have nothing else going on.  I am actually pleasantly surprised that RHBH aren’t discussing former cast members more.  Have lives.  Do interesting things.  Don’t talk about Yolanda.  

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I think Teddi and Kyle jumping in whenever one of them is arguing with someone is an issue Dorit has...they even had flashbacks to that happening in last week's episode.

Eh, I guess. The one time they showed that happening is when Dorit was defending PK for acting like a jerk and IMO, Dorit didn't have much of a leg to stand on in that argument.

I don't really think that is what is driving Dorit's little insinuative comments about "sleeping together" and "couples therapy." If that was her problem, she'd say the thing about the "package deal" like Rinna and Erika have. But no, she keeps implying a romantic/sexual relationship, which indicates a deeper sense of jealousy and not really a sense of feeling ganged up on. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Denise can do whatever she likes in her home she could curse up a storm Or talk about big dicks all day long. that still doesn’t give anyone else coming into that house the right to not follow whatever rules she sets. It’s her house it’s her rules. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

What’s with Kyle and the ridiculous skirt up to her who-ha.  Is she worried Mauricio will stray ?????????  How old is she?

1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

Good for Tom Giradi.  I love it.  He’s about 80 yrs old, still practicing law, and has a hot young wife at home.  Life is good.

To be fair, Erika’s pink dress was up to her “who-ha” too - and Kyle and Erika are only three years apart. Sure, woman can wear whatever they want - but such short dresses make them seem a bit desperate imo.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Rahul said:

Garcelle shaded Kyle for her hideous outfit, but I found Garcelle's pink fluffy jacket to be a personal affront to my eyeballs.

😂😂😂paired with high purple boots!

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

So do as she says, not as she says...?

No it’s adults respecting other adults houses. Would it be ok for me to come into your house and do whatever the hell I wanted? No because it’s your house ...just like Erika didn’t want fighting in her house but has fought at other people’s houses. You don’t say no because Erika fights so you can’t stop us.  you shut up and don’t fight out of respect that that’s her rules in her house 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 12

I'd try to set a better example of what behavior I expected in my house.

I certainly wouldn't give you a list of dos and don'ts and then do whatever the hell I wanted, if guests were there, even if it was my house.

• Love 3

By the way Patrick Wayne was the Duke’s son not his brother. He actually made over 40 films and had costarred in many TV shows in the 1970’s.

That was a very cool story by Tom and totally turned my opinion around about him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I'd try to set a better example of what behavior I expected in my house.

I certainly wouldn't give you a list of dos and don'ts and then do whatever the hell I wanted, if guests were there, even if it was my house.

And that’s your house so that would be respected you don’t bring your rules to someone else’s house. And her request wasn’t unreasonable it was just hey pin this till the kids are gone. She wasn’t trying to say don’t have the discussion she was saying please don’t have it now. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

No, but what's good for the host is certainly good for the guest.

What? No! You don’t like the rules you leave it’s not your house. I mean seriously. That’s like well you have sex in your house so what’s good for the host I’m just gonna bring this hooker in and have sex on your couch. See how unrealistic and unreasonable that is. Denise was having a conversation with the adults and wasn’t speaking loudly enough for the other table to hear. It wasn’t until the other table started hearing it was when she said hey guys let’s calm down. They kept getting louder she said come on guys ... that’s not unreasonable and it wasn’t like she was yelling Erin has a big cock to the other table. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 10
(edited)

Well, that's your opinion and you are more than welcome to it.

The way I see it, a good host should set the tone and not confuse their guests with what is and isn't acceptable.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Thumper said:

I thought Tom was being polite, too, and the story was cool.    I also think that scene was more of this season’s “improve Erika’s image” plot.

This plot has extremely transparent. More tears from her in this episode!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

What? No! You don’t like the rules you leave it’s not your house. I mean seriously. That’s like well you have sex in your house so what’s good for the host I’m just gonna bring this hooker in and have sex on your couch. See how unrealistic and unreasonable that is. 

Those are the rules at Charley Sheen's house. Just sayn'

• LOL 11
Just now, The Ringo Kidd said:

Those are the rules at Charley Sheen's house. Just sayn'

Well Charlie sheen was under the influence of tigers blood and a lot of cocain lol 

3 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Well, that's your opinion and you are more than welcome to it.

The way I see it, a good host should set the tone and not confuse their guests with what is and isn't acceptable.

When did she say it was acceptable to include the other table into their conversation? The moment the other table started hearing them she shut it down  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

That’s like well you have sex in your house so what’s good for the host I’m just gonna bring this hooker in and have sex on your couch. See how unrealistic and unreasonable that is.

Nope, that example doesn't work at all.

What I do in my house is my business, sure. But it's not right for me to have people over, act a certain way while they are there, and then expect them not to.

• Love 4
(edited)

Denise was having a conversation with the adults and wasn’t speaking loudly enough for the other table to hear.

When did she say it was acceptable to include the other table into their conversation? The moment the other table started hearing them she shut it down

She said fuck with a kid standing less than social distancing allows away from her. She also brought up Aaron's huge Godzilla sized penis at the table, how does she know for sure if the kids did or didn't hear that?

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Nope, that example doesn't work at all.

What I do in my house is my business, sure. But it's not right for me to have people over, act a certain way while they are there, and then expect them not to.

How was she acting? Was she pulling erins dick out? Was she yelling and running around the party talking about sex? No. She was having a conversation at a table and when they got to loud she asked them to stop and wait till the kids went inside.  What is wrong with that? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 2
(edited)

but such short dresses make them seem a bit desperate imo.

For showing leg?

No, but what's good for the host is certainly good for the guest.

By this rationale, any guest should be able to walk into my place, log into my laptop, and order some stuff online? Or march into my bathroom, take a shower, walk naked right through the LR, and grab some pajamas out of my BR dresser, and plop onto the couch to watch TV? (I mean, I am not flat-out saying no but I'd really rather it be a close friend than, say, a friend's new significant other or, like, my BF's stepfather.) I mean, it's my house and I am free to break all of the dishes every night if I like. But I don't think it would be OK for a guest to do it just because I do. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6

How was she acting? Was she pulling erins dick out? Was she yelling and running around the party talking about sex? No. She was having a conversation at a table and when they got to loud she asked them to stop. What is wrong with that? 

She was being a hypocrite. As I said, she mentioned about how big his dick was and threw a few "Fucks" around.

In any case, I doubt we are going to agree on this subject, so lets just agree to disagree and move on to more interesting subjects.

• Love 4
(edited)

4 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

She was being a hypocrite. As I said, she mentioned about how big his dick was and threw a few "Fucks" around.

Did she say it to a child’s face? Did she loudly state to the entire BBQ that he was hung? And her problem wasn’t with fucks or damns or hells it was with the conversation and what they were talking about. She wasn’t saying don’t curse she was saying please don’t talk about having sex with a table of kids that are now overhearing this conversation. Please wait till they aren’t around and now paying attention. That’s all it was I don’t understand how she didn’t have a right to do that. 

Ps thanks for the good debate 🙂 I love it 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, princelina said:

Are we ever going to see an end to the hideous sparkly barrettes?  Garcelle wins "worse dressed" for me tonight because of the "sex girls" barrettes.

I was taken aback by that, and not by the sparkle. When did it become ok to advertise oneself as a sex girl?

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

For the love of god Kyle if people were talking about fucking with your daughters there you would have freaked. She doesn’t talk about that stuff with her daughters around/ where they can hear. How does that make her holier then thou? 

Exactly.  Yes, Denise had a whole conversation about happy endings but neither her kids nor anyone else's were anywhere around.  Denise wasn't saying you couldn't discuss threesomes and whatever else they were screeching about, just please don't have those conversations in front of the kids.  

And Erika, please don't make that stupid comment to Denise about how maybe she shouldn't have her kids around their dinner parties.  You're an adult, Erika.  Maybe you and the other Hos should be adult enough to restrain yourself from improper conversations when kids are around.

Teddi and Kyle both need medication or some kind of mood stabilizers because they both cry constantly.  

• Love 14

Yeah, I don't quite understand Denise's claim that Kyle "talks down to them".  Talks *over* them, maybe.  But they all talk over each other.  But it could be splitting hairs, because Kyle was definitely in the wrong when instigating Glamgate or whatever, with both Dorit and Denise.

As for Garcelle, I think her main point is that Kyle doesn't really care about her because she doesn't listen to Garcelle or remember what she says?  And fair point about the woman who had no clue who Nanny Kay was, after years of close friendship with LVP.  Kyle has fawned over Garcelle!  She fawned over her at her Welcome Back dinner, both when Garcelle arrived and when they were playing Rinna's inane game at the table.  That fawning has been very superficial - clothes/gorgeous/awesome.  But in fairness to Kyle, have we seen Garcelle get into deeper conversations with Kyle or anyone else?  I don't quite understand Garcelle complaining that her new acquaintance is only superficially nice to her.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that Garcelle is annoyed that Kyle seemed to lump her in with the "fake bitches" last episode and *that's* what is driving Garcelle's irritation, but I don't think Kyle actually meant to deliberately include Garcelle.  Garcelle was just there.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

And Erika, please don't make that stupid comment to Denise about how maybe she shouldn't have her kids around their dinner parties.  You're an adult, Erika.  Maybe you and the other Hos should be adult enough to restrain yourself from improper conversations when kids are around.

Erika never had to worry about her kid being around dinner parties. He was in New York with his daddy while she was a cocktail waitress in LA looking for a wallet.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

I'm waiting to see the fallout from the conversation Garcelle, Denise and Rinna  were having on the ride home from Erika's astrology reading.  I wonder how long it will be before Rinna spills the tea on everything that was said?  

• Love 8

Rinna couldn't WAIT to get home and call Kyle!  You just KNOW it!  I think the old crown is getting pretty heavy on Kyle's pea brain by about now.  Rinna's fighting dirty to rip it off her head but that's another story!

Wonder how long Erika actually performed in Chicago before the Covid-19 happened?

And the crying Teddi does is because she's PREGNANT.  Kyle's crying (IF it's real!) is because of PERI-MENOPAUSE.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

Sex talk and throwing out a few F-bombs as well, with the kids in earshot of it all...

I mean, if she is worried about her daughter's friends asking their parents about what a threesome is, she might also be worried about them asking "Mom, does Aaron Phypers really have the biggest dick in the history of time?"

I'm one crude bitch when I get going around my friends; but if I tell a person to stop talking about sex in my house around children, then you will STFU or be asked to leave and not be welcome again.

I'm sure her girls knew way too much about sex workers and threesomes and sex period, before they were ready.

But Demise finds it innapropriate for a bunch of random old women to talk abou sex in front of her kids. Personally, I find that shit pervy, borderline pedo. You don't talk sex around kids in that way. 

Yes, she spoke of sexual things at the party, when the kids couldn't hear, and then once they could she shut it down. They are a bunch of hypocrite's who I would not trust around my child. 

Who thinks that is okay?

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

The difference for me is that this is a HWs dinner and I think that is how Ericka views this.  Ericka would lose her ever loving shit if a typical HWs dinner happened in Tom's presence.  So Erika doesn't bring him to them.  Even when she hosts like this episode, he joins for drinks ahead of the event and only about as long as they can be civil and then he leaves and she hosts the dinner/event alone.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ericka lays down ground rules for what does and doesn't happen in Tom's presence ahead of time.

Rinna is basically the same way with her family.  They basically do family filming.  Even when they did her kids DNA thing, Rinna went of to have dinner with the rest of the HWs and without her kids.

Denise had a dinner that included kids and none of the other HWs brought their kids.  There is a reason for that.  The other women know what happens at a HW dinner and their kids and some of their spouses are protected from it.

Denise knows the deal.  If she wanted to let her kids have their friends over too, the caterer could have set up dinner inside for them.  Denise was trying to manipulate the situation. by putting them on the lawn within earshot.  

She was either trying to host an event that didn't devolve into the typical HW dinner using her kids as a mechanism to control the adults or she was intending to use her kids to play the aggrieved parent who was horrified at their behavior.

In reality, Denise is less protective of her family and kids than the others are. 

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

She said fuck with a kid standing less than social distancing allows away from her. She also brought up Aaron's huge Godzilla sized penis at the table, how does she know for sure if the kids did or didn't 

Saying fuck and talking about fucking are two different things. When she saw the kids giggling and knew they could hear it she shut it down.

I am amazed this is even a thing to argue about.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, TattleTeeny said:

For showing leg?

Show enough leg and suddenly one’s lady parts are on display - I remember that happened to Erika on this show. Yep, seems desperate.

• Love 2

“Saying fuck and talking about fucking are two different things. When she saw the kids giggling and knew they could hear it she shut it down.“

For some people, saying fuck could be just as unacceptable as talking about threesomes, so if you can get away with one...

“I am amazed this is even a thing to argue about.“

Me too, but for different reasons, I am guessing 🙂 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Denise can do whatever she likes in her home she could curse up a storm Or talk about big dicks all day long. that still doesn’t give anyone else coming into that house the right to not follow whatever rules she sets. It’s her house it’s her rules. 

Apparently that only works at Erika's house. I forget who it was she shut down last night, but all she had to say was "you are a guest in my home"

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Apparently that only works at Erika's house. I forget who it was she shut down last night, but all she had to say was "you are a guest in my home"

That was an amazing moment of bullshit since Erika said Denise “knows who she invited over.”

2 hours ago, Mar said:

Teddi who? Is she going to speak this season?

I hope her pregnancy hormones make her vomit all over the others instead.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

By investing - does that mean she and PK bought a dinner at this restaurant?

Buca is currently running a 'Family Meal Deal' where you can order meals for 3 at $10/person or meals for 5 at $9/person. You get choice of salad, bread and a preset entree for that.

Even these two grifters should be able to afford that price. ;) 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, ancslove said:

Yeah, I don't quite understand Denise's claim that Kyle "talks down to them".  Talks *over* them, maybe.  But they all talk over each other.  But it could be splitting hairs, because Kyle was definitely in the wrong when instigating Glamgate or whatever, with both Dorit and Denise.

As for Garcelle, I think her main point is that Kyle doesn't really care about her because she doesn't listen to Garcelle or remember what she says?  And fair point about the woman who had no clue who Nanny Kay was, after years of close friendship with LVP.  Kyle has fawned over Garcelle!  She fawned over her at her Welcome Back dinner, both when Garcelle arrived and when they were playing Rinna's inane game at the table.  That fawning has been very superficial - clothes/gorgeous/awesome.  But in fairness to Kyle, have we seen Garcelle get into deeper conversations with Kyle or anyone else?  I don't quite understand Garcelle complaining that her new acquaintance is only superficially nice to her.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that Garcelle is annoyed that Kyle seemed to lump her in with the "fake bitches" last episode and *that's* what is driving Garcelle's irritation, but I don't think Kyle actually meant to deliberately include Garcelle.  Garcelle was just there.

I agree with these two statements. And overall, I think that is right - that Garcelle is annoyed of being lumped in with the others - but that is also why I think that there is some expectation on Garcelle's part that she'd be more of the star. Because a). she seems to expect Kyle to want to get to know her without making much of an effort on her own part to get to know Kyle and b). she seems to not understand that there are clearly some long-term relationships here and that Kyle probably didn't mean her because she just doesn't know her that well. I just suspect that Garcelle is not used to being overlooked, and that's part of why she's so annoyed with Kyle.

Re Denise and the threesome talk.  I honestly have no problem with Denise being upset that the women didn't respect the fact that there were kids around. She should have put her foot down and said, "listen, please respect the fact that I don't want my kids to hear that kind of thing." Especially because she does have a special needs daughter. But that's the downside of being "hey, I'm so chill and laid back." You often don't get taken seriously as any kind of an enforcer when you are Ms. Laid-Back-and-Chill. Erika isn't that person, and so yeah, I'm not surprised that they took her more seriously.  And to be fair, the person who most took Erika seriously was Sutton, and she wasn't really engaged in the sex talk at Denise's.

Anyway, my point is that I don't think it was hypocritical of either Denise or Erika to want to put some rules around what can and cannot be said in their own homes. But I'm also not surprised that the outcome wasn't the same because the people trying to enforce the rules aren't the same. 

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

OMG!!! The 2020 hurricane names just came out and there's a KYLE and a TEDDY.... Coincidence?

FIgures, those two hurricanes are always up on each other. Why won't they just ADMIT IT?

• LOL 8
(edited)

Show enough leg and suddenly one’s lady parts are on display - I remember that happened to Erika on this show. Yep, seems desperate.

I guess I don't see the logic of "accidental flash" = "desperate"? And more so, "no flash at all" = "desperate." On-purpose flash, maybe. But shit happens--never to me, so whatever (but what do I know? I am not even sure what a short skirt indicates that one is desperate for; I get dressed, go to my office, do my work, and go home). This is like saying "knee length" = "prim."

What I do in my house is my business, sure. But it's not right for me to have people over, act a certain way while they are there, and then expect them not to.

She didn't; she wasn't talking loudly when she said fuck. And saying "fuck" isn't describing some kind of sex act--at least not in the context she used it.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Why did Dorit come to this event dressed in her pajamas? I do not understand. 

But, but, but...they're Louis Vuitton pajamas. In case you missed that, she had a matching hair ornament.

Makes me wonder. Is LV that hard up for marketing that they need to lend her branded merch? Because I doubt she actually purchased that outfit. I did a bit of research and the outfit is from a prior year's collection and there are 'replicas' available. New, it was around $5000.

We know she didn't buy it new.

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Other than the little slits on the side, that skirt was a perfectly ordinary length (for any age of grown woman who feels like wearing it) and it seemed no shorter than any of the pink dresses (also, short dresses are more difficult to keep in check than short skirts are). I'm Kyle's age and I wear skirts of that length often to work (however, with tights, not with black pantyhose--ick).

Tights would make a big difference in a good way .. imo. 😀

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Makes me wonder. Is LV that hard up for marketing that they need to lend her branded merch? Because I doubt she actually purchased that outfit. I did a bit of research and the outfit is from a prior year's collection and there are 'replicas' available. New, it was around $5000.

We know she didn't buy it new.

Dorit probably uses a designer clothes rental service.

• Useful 1