Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
jewel21

S10.E06: Read Between the Signs

Recommended Posts

How close is that Buca to LAX?  Dorit walked in and said PK just landed and then it seemed like he walked in about 5 minutes later.  That’s not how LAX and / or LA traffic works AT ALL!   Editing?  Or is this the airport location they are letting her design 🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

How close is that Buca to LAX?  Dorit walked in and said PK just landed and then it seemed like he walked in about 5 minutes later.  That’s not how LAX and / or LA traffic works AT ALL!   Editing?  Or is this the airport location they are letting her design 🤣🤣🤣

And what a coincidence that PK arrived just as Dorit was being called out on her commitment to the project. And when she eventually came back around to addressing his concern all she could come up with is "I always give 120%." HAHA

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post

I am really here for anyone who's willing to go at Kyle and stop kissing her ass. Everyone is walking on eggshells around her. She's simultaneously having a go at people for no reason (wtf does she care when Dorit shows up and how long it takes her to get glam?!) and crying at the drop of a hat when the people she attacks come back at her in any way.

Kyle is... dare I say it.... like Brandi during her last few seasons. Yikes. 

Kyle digs at Denise and Dorit, and they calmly try to shut her down, and she curses at them. Classy. So Kyle is either losing her mind or she's playing shit up for the cameras. Either way, it's annoying.

No one gives a shit that Kyle and Teddi are super close. In all groups, there are besties and stronger alliances. What is pissing them off is Kyle's pathological need to deny it. It's easier to deal with a duo like that if they just cop to the fact that they're going to be a team. Otherwise, it's an inauthentic dynamic. Kyle and Teddi stick up for each other and pile on people because they're a sycophantic little centipede, not because they actually agree with each other in any impartial or organic way. 

Kyle cannot own anything. It's weird. And that's why the relationship with Teddi is weird. For all the "accountability" she preaches, you think she'd just say, "Yeah, Kyle and I are extremely close." Having arguments to deny it just makes no sense. 

Denise has every right to dictate what kind of conversations go on at her home. She can say anything she wants when her kids aren't around. That's not a double standard, it's called common sense. Kyle has done this and I stood up for her in Amsterdam when Brandi flipped out about her not wanting to eat space cakes on camera. Totally a parenting choice and nothing anyone should be telling you about.

And Erika really gets off on telling people how to behave in her home - especially when Tom is around. I am much the same and have always supported this "My home is my domain" creed. I just think Denise should be offered the same courtesy without judgment. 

In short, I'm somehow on Dorit's side here. Fuck off, Kyle. I'm with Garcelle and Denise right now. Denise was chill til everyone started being an asshole to her. It's not that complicated. 

I really thought Erika was going to tell Kyle to leave her home. That would have been my reaction. She's giving Kyle a lot more respect than she's getting back. No one would get away with speaking to me that way at my own dinner table. 

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Door County Cherry said:

Nope but it was pretty clear to me why they accepted her limitations and not Denise's.  Erika set the tone of the evening from the minute she opened the door. 

She didn't engage in squealing and shouting only to try to pull back that atmosphere.  That's what Denise did with the dick talk at the table.  Like it or not, once she opened up that some sexual things were acceptable at that dinner, it was going to be hard to get a reign on things.

Especially later in the evening after the alcohol had been flowing heavily.  The women didn't seem as drunk at Erika's.

Finally, I am always impressed with how Erika scolds.  There's something very calm, firm and authoritative about her tone of voice.  It's just amazing.  I wish I had that.  

I also don't mind Rinna saying she doesn't mind poking the bear.  The sort of acknowledgement that she's on a TV show is the thing I like best about her.  After all, they're tried to make drama out of Dorit bringing up that Sutton said she was going to freak out.  They gotta do something.  

Yes, I agree.  Erika set the tone early and was actually much more firm than Denise was. It's not Erika's fault that she had a better command of what is said in her own home than Denise. 

49 minutes ago, dmeets said:

I'm loathe to defend Kyle, but that was one ridiculous argument Dorit and the others were making. "Admit it, you like Teddi the best!" I don't believe for one second they'd let it go if she'd concurred. What does Garcelle even care? She's clearly not friends with any of these women (maybe friendly coworkers with Denise and Lisa). And the harping on "couples counseling" was bizarre. So if any of the two women have lunch with just the two of them, is it a date? If two of them are at a spa, are they having a couples massage? Dorit (and Erika with her "weird" remark) seem to be heavily implying that there's more than friendship going on. I can kinda sorta see why Kyle's reacting the way she is, even though she shouldn't since by Lisa's own admission it's the reaction they're looking for.

That said, Kyle's retort to Erika was a low blow, and I was impressed that Erika's response was "that's so stupid and incorrect that I can't even be mad at it." Frankly it's how Kyle should have been responding to Dorit's "Kyle and Teddi sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G" jabs. Dorit is clearly envious that Kyle had a backup BFF after LVP, while Dorit is stuck with being Rinna's attack dog. It's ironic, considering Dorit's first role on the show was to be LVP's attack dog against Eileen and Rinna ("it was unfair of Eileen not to tell LVP at the reunion that her mother had just died." "Don't you think Rinna's behavior is.... induced?"  etc.).

Teddi seems over it all at this point, and I don't blame her. I think she's wishing her pregnancy were a couple months further along so she wouldn't have to bother with these assholes. Kyle is latching onto Sutton since Teddi's going to be out of commission soon.

I can't believe there's been so much time spent on Real Housewives on Beverly Hills talking about a Buca Di Beppo. And according to her "business partner" she hasn't done shit with it yet! Time to take Dorit's diamond if all she has to offer is talking about (a small part of) a restaurant remodel and making snide digs at the other women on Lisa Rinna's behalf.

With both Denise and Garcelle, I get a sense of "don't you KNOW who I AM?" In other words, I think that they are both annoyed that they - Hollywood STARS!!! - aren't being fawned on by Kyle or any of the other women, really.  I think that Garcelle expected to be more of the center of attention of the group, because she is an actress, and is a little bit surprised that Kyle seems to be the Queen Bee. (Whether or not Kyle is courting that is a separate question but IMO there is no doubt that the rest of the women are treating her like the Queen Bee, and that's why they are gunning for her). 

I feel like both Denise and Garcelle don't like the fact that their celebrity status isn't affording them any extra attention, and that's why they've been gunning for Kyle so hard. Because, really, what has Garcelle done to try to get to know Kyle? And yet, her expectation is that Kyle should want to know her. And I think she's annoyed that Kyle just isn't making that much of an effort with her. (To be fair, I am not denying that there could also be some racial dynamics involved, but at the end of the day, I get the same sense of resentment from Garcelle and Denise about Kyle's status - they are used to being top dog and don't like that they aren't). 

2 minutes ago, thesupremediva1 said:

I am really here for anyone who's willing to go at Kyle and stop kissing her ass. Everyone is walking on eggshells around her. She's simultaneously having a go at people for no reason (wtf does she care when Dorit shows up and how long it takes her to get glam?!) and crying at the drop of a hat when the people she attacks come back at her in any way.

Kyle is... dare I say it.... like Brandi during her last few seasons. Yikes. 

Kyle digs at Denise and Dorit, and they calmly try to shut her down, and she curses at them. Classy. So Kyle is either losing her mind or she's playing shit up for the cameras. Either way, it's annoying.

No one gives a shit that Kyle and Teddi are super close. In all groups, there are besties and stronger alliances. What is pissing them off is Kyle's pathological need to deny it. It's easier to deal with a duo like that if they just cop to the fact that they're going to be a team. Otherwise, it's an inauthentic dynamic. Kyle and Teddi stick up for each other and pile on people because they're a sycophantic little centipede, not because they actually agree with each other in any impartial or organic way. 

Kyle cannot own anything. It's weird. And that's why the relationship with Teddi is weird. For all the "accountability" she preaches, you think she'd just say, "Yeah, Kyle and I are extremely close." Having arguments to deny it just makes no sense. 

Denise has every right to dictate what kind of conversations go on at her home. She can say anything she wants when her kids aren't around. That's not a double standard, it's called common sense. Kyle has done this and I stood up for her in Amsterdam when Brandi flipped out about her not wanting to eat space cakes on camera. Totally a parenting choice and nothing anyone should be telling you about.

And Erika really gets off on telling people how to behave in her home - especially when Tom is around. I am much the same and have always supported this "My home is my domain" creed. I just think Denise should be offered the same courtesy without judgment. 

In short, I'm somehow on Dorit's side here. Fuck off, Kyle. I'm with Garcelle and Denise right now. Denise was chill til everyone started being an asshole to her. It's not that complicated. 

I really thought Erika was going to tell Kyle to leave her home. That would have been my reaction. She's giving Kyle a lot more respect than she's getting back. No one would get away with speaking to me that way at my own dinner table. 

I mean, this is just patently untrue. Dorit's obsession with Kyle and Teddi's relationship has reached a high level, and her continued insinuations that there is some romantic/sexual component to it - which is 100% what she is doing - is pathological. I don't know that Rinna or Erika care that much - I think that Rinna is just along for the ride, and Erika is still smarting from the Provence trip, but I don't really think that they Teddi and Kyle's relationship is all that strange. 

But making insinuations about sleeping in the same bed or being in "couples therapy"? That's deliberate, and IMO, it's a bit on the homophobic side. It's Dorit suggesting that there is something "unnatural" about Teddi and Kyle's friendship. It's gross, and if I were in Kyle and Teddi's position, I too would be annoyed by it. 

Now, I do think Kyle should just say, "yes, I am closer to Teddi than I am to some of you, because I am a human being who sometimes bonds better with some people than others." I don't know why she doesn't say that except that I don't think she wants to break for the fourth wall.  But I would also say, "Dorit, I am not sure why you keep insinuating that there is something wrong with having a close friend and please dial back the latent homophobia by a 1000."

  • Like 20
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I got the same vibe! "You look like you're in shape!" When was the last time you saw him, girl? 👀

Me too. He seemed oddly detached considering he was talking with his wife. 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

LVP, if she's watching, must be laughing at Kyle. 

Well, the laughter goes both ways. LVP is left with the lame Vanderpump Rules, where (in her exec. producer role) she actually has employees young enough to be her sons sniffing her bra, saying they want to make out with her, and fantasizing about shaving her legs. Pathetic moves, but characteristic of an aging narcissist.

 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2
  • Surprise 4

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, HeddaGabler said:

I'm struggling to understand Dorit's new business venture. The bathing suit stuff is completely over now (even under a different name)? Instead she is buying into a single location of a restaurant chain AND redecorating a room for it, without being compensated for her design labour? So, she is doing free work and giving them money, in exchange for part of the profits from a single restaurant?

 

3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am so confused by Dorit's association with Buca de Beppo, it is not a high end restaurant, it is a chain, is she doing the owner some sort of favor? 

My impression is that she is buying into nothing; the guy is just letting her decorate a room and talk about it on camera (in other words - doing her a favor). If the restaurant is anywhere near where tourists will be, then there are people who will show up to see Dorit's "room", just as tourists flock to LVP's restaurants which have been reported to be mediocre at best, so it's not doing him any harm, and she gets to show off on TV now that she doesn't seem to have her "swimsuit line" any more.  I wish someone would ask her about that to see what BS she spews.

2 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Well, the laughter goes both ways. LVP is left with the lame Vanderpump Rules, where (in her exec. producer role) she actually has employees young enough to be her sons sniffing her bra, saying they want to make out with her, and fantasizing about shaving her legs. Pathetic moves, but characteristic of an aging narcissist.

 

Super characteristic of LVP!  Whereas if I were a friend of Kyle's I'd actually be worried about her - I think she is acting very off this season.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

But I would also say, "Dorit, I am not sure why you keep insinuating that there is something wrong with having a close friend and please dial back the latent homophobia by a 1000."

But see, she won't say this. She refuses to admit to being closer to Teddi on any level. THAT is what's weird. That's what is annoying Dorit and the other women. If Kyle could manage to say half of this sentence then I'd be 100% on her side. But her pathological need to deny that the sky is blue is infuriating. And there's nothing wrong with her close friendship with Teddi - her denial of it is what makes everyone question her relationship with Teddi. 

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I think Harry telling Lisa that Amelia's eating disorder was her fault was telling. It was almost an admission that Lisa herself has issues with food, which the other women have commented on and she has denied.

I noticed this too. This scene wasn't previously shown, so they chose to edit it out then but show it now. It was illuminating. 

Quote

This is so interesting to me. I don't see it as co-defendant. I see it as two people who just happen to gravitate toward each other and the friendship comes with more ease. I follow them both on Insta and they hang out all the time (pre and a few times distanced during quarantine), so it seems like a real friendship. 

I don't get it ether. So they are close friends, closer than the others. This isn't uncommon. What is the big deal? Why are the others making an issue out of it? Why doesn't Kyle shut them down by just admitting she's closer to Teddi? This strikes me as mean girls behavior, even though I find Kyle tiresome. The others are jealous they aren't in the twosome with Teddi and Kyle. Is that what is it? If so, let it go! You're all grown women. Sheesh!

Is it me or is Kyle even more emotional and on edge this season? Did she go off her medication or something? Is she drinking too much? What on earth is wrong with her? She's a mess. I wonder if this is why Mauricio seems so checked out. It must be exhausting dealing with her. On the other hand, maybe she's a mess because Mauricio is checked out. 

Nothing about the Dorit restaurant scenes are genuine to me. It looks like she's in search of a storyline. 

Garcelle doesn't seem a part of this group. The scene with her other friends was odd. 

 

 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, thesupremediva1 said:

But see, she won't say this. She refuses to admit to being closer to Teddi on any level. THAT is what's weird. That's what is annoying Dorit and the other women. If Kyle could manage to say half of this sentence then I'd be 100% on her side. But her pathological need to deny that the sky is blue is infuriating. And there's nothing wrong with her close friendship with Teddi - her denial of it is what makes everyone question her relationship with Teddi. 

I half agree with you in terms of her unwillingness to say, "yes, I am closer with her than I am to others." She should say that, and I wish she would.

But I really don't agree that her unwillingness to say that is "what makes everyone question her relationship with Teddi."  I actually think that the only one who is really "questioning" her relationship with Teddi is Dorit. Like I said, I don't think Rinna or Erika really think that much about their friendship. And IMO, Dorit would "question" Kyle's relationship with Teddi regardless of what Kyle said about it because a). Dorit thinks she should be Kyle's BFF, just like she thought she should be LVP's BFF because Dorit thinks the world revolves around her and b). Dorit loves to stir the pot in order to be at the center of storylines. 

Kyle isn't handling this at all well, but that doesn't mean that Dorit isn't being manipulative here. She is, just as she was being manipulative with Sutton over FlipOutGate. Dorit's manipulative, and I wouldn't ever want to try to get close to her because she'll eventually use it against you. 

  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, princelina said:

Super characteristic of LVP!  Whereas if I were a friend of Kyle's I'd actually be worried about her - I think she is acting very off this season.

Might be perimenopause - a lot of women go through a crazy time of trying to prove they’re still sexy. Kyle giving Mo an on-camera lap dance and wearing a mini dress short enough for a tween girl make me think it might be that. Plus, her (hormonal?) emotional outbursts.

Edited by nexxie
  • Like 7
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

OH MY GOODNESS, what is so hard to understand about Denise's objection to threesome conversations in front of kids? She is not being hypocritical, as her happy-ending stories, etc, were in front of only adults.

And for that matter, going in a pair to a therapist for stress relief is so not synonymous with "couple's therapy."

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I thought Lisa and Harry spoke pretty disparagingly about their daughter. They basically said she couldn’t hack college b/c of books and papers (??) and then intimated that they saved her by buying her a fashion business. Yikes. 

  • Like 12
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

My favorite scene was Erika in the dance studio - she showed her moves and her emotions.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

So is Dorit investing in Buca (as she alluded to in last week's episode) or redesigning a room in a single location?  I think she's actually just submitting a design proposal to their good friend and businessman (with likely PK-standard morals) who is probably just using this for free advertising and will reject or greatly modify said proposal. 

Obviously, I dont trust anyone who would do business with either Dorit or PK...

I think the restaurant guy is probably comping their meals whenever they are around in exchange for the free advertising. Remember they did something similar the season they went to "Bahamar" lots of free advertising for SLS.

I think the only room I'd feel safe letting Dorit "design" is the coat check room. Someone needs to drive that restaurateur's ass over to that hideous Kitson window display Dorit put together.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

OH MY GOODNESS, what is so hard to understand about Denise's objection to threesome conversations in front of kids? She is not being hypocritical, as her happy-ending stories, etc, were in front of only adults.

In my opinion it's because those happy ending stories, etc. were all on TV for her kids, their friends, and the friends' parents to see.  And they're not a one-off; she remarks about Big Dick and their sex life pretty much every episode, along with TMI about Charlie Sheen and his hookers.  So I don't know that I'd call her hypocritical as much as wonder what she's so worried about when none of this stuff is a secret thanks to her own big mouth on camera.  (And please - no one respond that she doesn't allow her kids to watch the show.  I was a kid who wasn't allowed to watch many shows yet I remember how it's done - and I didn't even have my own private screen like they all do today 😄 And she can't tell her kids' friends' parents what to watch!)

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Well...I'm just commenting on what we see/know. We can speculate all we want, but we neither see Denise allowing her kids to watch the show, nor her kids finding a way to watch the show. So we--like her fellow HWs--don't see and/or know whether her kids see it. 

Even if her kids' friends' parents saw her talking about handjobs and big dicks, they'd see that she isn't saying those things in front of anyone's kids. 

And, she asked her guests to stop it. Seems like that should have been enough regardless.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 12
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think the women care if Kyle and Teddi are friends, they just don't like the tag team gang up they both do to all of the others.  If Kyle goes after someone, Teddi will join in. If Kyle states an opinion, Teddi will always back it.  It goes the other way too, if Teddi has an opinion Kyle will be right there to help present it.  I think that's the thing that bothers the others.   It always looks like it's  those two against the others.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, watcherwoman said:

I don't think the women care if Kyle and Teddi are friends, they just don't like the tag team gang up they both do to all of the others.  If Kyle goes after someone, Teddi will join in. If Kyle states an opinion, Teddi will always back it.  It goes the other way too, if Teddi has an opinion Kyle will be right there to help present it.  I think that's the thing that bothers the others.   It always looks like it's  those two against the others.

They are a “package” deal has Erika pointed out 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I don’t watch this franchise often, but what’s with Dorit’s speech?  One minute, she talks British, the next, Australian, then like she’s royalty, dragging each word out slowly and perfectly like who the hell she is.  I have relatives in Connecticut, and they don’t talk that way.  WTF ?  And, I hate that stupid black headband with the bump of fake hair on the top.  Somebody must have told her she looked gorgeous, so wears it everyday.  She’s so pretentious for a crook.

 

 

 

 

She says it's a natural accent for her after her years of living abroad.

The best i can figure out, been able to figure out, based on the fact that it comes and goes and isn't an accent heard in the wild, is that she thinks it makes her sound posh.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Kyle's warts are on full display this season. And it makes me laugh because I bet she thought that, with Vanderpump gone, she'd be the HBIC. Nope! 

This was supposed to be Kyle's first year as queen of RHOBH, and I think Kyle is finding that the crown is, in fact, heavy.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

What’s with Kyle and the ridiculous skirt up to her who-ha.  Is she worried Mauricio will stray ?????????  How old is she?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

Kyle is simply not smart enough to be queen bee.  She seriously seems to think all she has to do is sit at the head of the table and the others will do her bidding.   Not gonna happen with Rinna and Dorit.

Exactly, and she is way too insecure. Those two hyenas are capable of tearing her to shreds. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Even if her kids' friends' parents saw her talking about handjobs and big dicks, they'd see that she isn't saying those things in front of anyone's kids. 

And, she asked her guests to stop it. Seems like that should have been enough regardless.

I'm going to be judgey but Denise seemed more worried about what the parents might say other than anything else. But these are parents who let their children go over to Denise's house while a reality-TV filmed, alcohol-fueled party was taking place.

So it seems strange to fear they'd clutch their pearls overhearing some sex talk.  Is it possible?  Sure.  People are weird.  

But I also think, if I were a party goer, I'd be confused as hell about what Denise was actually objecting to considering she kicked off the sex talk. And then she expects the alcohol sloshed brains of her guests to figure out where that line is?

1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Me too. He seemed oddly detached considering he was talking with his wife. 

See, I thought his caress of her face was more realistic than Dorit wanting to make out with her hubby at a business meeting. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Good for Tom Giradi.  I love it.  He’s about 80 yrs old, still practicing law, and has a hot young wife at home.  Life is good.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, watcherwoman said:

I don't think the women care if Kyle and Teddi are friends, they just don't like the tag team gang up they both do to all of the others.  If Kyle goes after someone, Teddi will join in. If Kyle states an opinion, Teddi will always back it.  It goes the other way too, if Teddi has an opinion Kyle will be right there to help present it.  I think that's the thing that bothers the others.   It always looks like it's  those two against the others.

Yeah, that would get old really fast.

I am someone who likes my space and privacy. I don't see anything wrong with sharing a bed though. Many folks who don't have the budget these ladies do often share beds when on trips with their girlfriends. Sometimes friends are hanging out and just crash wherever. It was silly to call what they did "couple's therapy" too. We all know that implies a romantic relationship. 

Other than that, I think the other ladies just get annoyed by the whole team thing and that they can't have individual relationships. I still like Teddi and find her pretty nice and normal and not the typical crazy bitch they cast on these shows. Right now, maybe it's hormones, but Kyle's being that crazy bitch. But you probably couldn't be friends with just Teddi. 

The double standards would grate on my nerves too. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I feel like both Denise and Garcelle don't like the fact that their celebrity status isn't affording them any extra attention, and that's why they've been gunning for Kyle so hard. Because, really, what has Garcelle done to try to get to know Kyle? And yet, her expectation is that Kyle should want to know her. And I think she's annoyed that Kyle just isn't making that much of an effort with her. (To be fair, I am not denying that there could also be some racial dynamics involved, but at the end of the day, I get the same sense of resentment from Garcelle and Denise about Kyle's status - they are used to being top dog and don't like that they aren't). 

I think you hit the nail on the head. Vyle is your typical Hollywood limousine liberal who is actually uncomfortable around black people. You can see it in her interactions with Garcelle.

Vyle is authenticity inauthentic.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Silver Bells said:

What’s with Kyle and the ridiculous skirt up to her who-ha.  Is she worried Mauricio will stray ?????????  How old is she?

When Kyle was sitting at her makeup table, I actually thought she was wearing black leather shorts, which I thought were cute, and age appropriate (we've seen Dorit and Bethenny Frankel in leather shorts).  The skirt was too short.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dmeets said:

I can't believe there's been so much time spent on Real Housewives on Beverly Hills talking about a Buca Di Beppo. And according to her "business partner" she hasn't done shit with it yet! Time to take Dorit's diamond if all she has to offer is talking about (a small part of) a restaurant remodel and making snide digs at the other women on Lisa Rinna's behalf.

I live in New York and I've never heard of this Buca Di Beppo place before this show. Apparently there's one in NYC. Who knew? 

The irony is that the restaurant is the antithesis of BH glam--it's extremely dated, untrendy, kitschy and straight up hideous. Dorit associating herself with the chain only lowers her social cachet. However, I can understand the owner's desire to reach out to Dorit for the opportunity. Even though Dorit is one of the last people I would want designing anything because her 'fashun' sense is extra flamboyant and highly misguided, the exposure on this show in just a couple of weeks has brought a new level of recognition for the forlorn franchise. We can't stop talking about this restaurant with the funny name.

2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Tom Girardi looks like the Penguin from Batman.

He absolutely does! Tom is a squat old man. I know it's wrong, but I kind of laugh whenever I see Tom seated in his own home because I imagine him struggling to hoist himself up off the plush living room furniture which envelops him.

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

 

I mean, this is just patently untrue. Dorit's obsession with Kyle and Teddi's relationship has reached a high level, and her continued insinuations that there is some romantic/sexual component to it - which is 100% what she is doing - is pathological. I don't know that Rinna or Erika care that much - I think that Rinna is just along for the ride, and Erika is still smarting from the Provence trip, but I don't really think that they Teddi and Kyle's relationship is all that strange. 

But making insinuations about sleeping in the same bed or being in "couples therapy"? That's deliberate, and IMO, it's a bit on the homophobic side. It's Dorit suggesting that there is something "unnatural" about Teddi and Kyle's friendship. It's gross, and if I were in Kyle and Teddi's position, I too would be annoyed by it. 

Now, I do think Kyle should just say, "yes, I am closer to Teddi than I am to some of you, because I am a human being who sometimes bonds better with some people than others." I don't know why she doesn't say that except that I don't think she wants to break for the fourth wall.  But I would also say, "Dorit, I am not sure why you keep insinuating that there is something wrong with having a close friend and please dial back the latent homophobia by a 1000."

I agree, 100%.  This was the same type of vibe I was getting from Dorit's jabs at Kyle and Teddi's friendship.  Dorit threw out these comments like "Well, you did sleep together" and "You did do couples therapy" in such a way that it made it sound like there is something more to their friendship than just friendship. 

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

22 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think you hit the nail on the head. Vyle is your typical Hollywood limousine liberal who is actually uncomfortable around black people. You can see it in her interactions with Garcelle.

Vyle is authenticity inauthentic.

That isn't actually what I said, though. First of all, I don't have any idea what Kyle's politics are (and I know that there is a prohibition against talking points anyway, so I'll leave aside the characterization of "typical Hollywood limousine liberal.") 

Secondly, I wasn't really talking about Kyle there, I was talking about Garcelle's and Denise's expectations. I concede is that it is possible - even likely - that race is playing a role in the way that Kyle and Garcelle interact, because race tends to play some role when white and black people interact. But I think that is also because both Garcelle and Kyle bring their own experiences to their interaction.

Really, my point was more that I see a certain level of expectation from both Denise and Garcelle that they are supposed to be treated as STARS! And part of the reason why they dislike Kyle is because they aren't being treated by her as STARS! In my view, the fact that Kyle isn't treating Denise and Garcelle as STARS! doesn't make her inauthentic. (There are other things about her that do tend toward the inauthentic with her, but her unwillingness to be star-struck by two B to C-listers isn't one of them).

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Because I can't say this enough: I love Garcelle. She is classy and she keeps it all the way real. Loved seeing her with her friends - it's a stark contrast to the hyenas on the show that HW's are contracted to be "friends" with. 

Kyle's warts are on full display this season. And it makes me laugh because I bet she thought that, with Vanderpump gone, she'd be the HBIC. Nope! 

 

 

I say again, Kyle can't hold up the class of Vanderpump.  The CROWN IS CROOKED ON HER HEAD, TOO HEAVY  !!  Sorry, but  I really miss LVP... Lisa has that spark that the show needs. True Beverly Hills Glam.  ( my opinion ) Lisa was the reason I started watching the show. 

  • Like 20

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Rahul said:

I live in New York and I've never heard of this Buca Di Beppo place before this show. Apparently there's one in NYC. Who knew? 

I live in NYC, too and I've never seen or heard of a Buca Di Beppo.  However I've dined at the one which is located in Bally's casino, Atlantic City.  It's typical Italian fare.

Erika was quick to remind Sutton that she's a guest in her home.  Too bad she didn't have the same consideration for Denise.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I took a break from RHofBH after the LVP pile on. I didn't even finish the season. Rewatching the first season reminded me just how much LVP came to Kyle's defense and how genuine their friendship was. Whether it was LVP's time to go or not, it shouldn't have gone down the way it did. Kyle should regret the end of that friendship.

I started watching again because I wanted to see how Garcelle would do. I think she is doing well, and I hope she stays--and gets to highlight her girlfriends more (especially Sheree). Loved her in her other show.

But wow, *this* is the Erika I'd hoped for from the beginning. I was so looking forward to her presence. But she got caught up in defending Yolanda, being frosty to LVP, conspiring with the other girls to ice LVP out, and generally being closed off.

Her relationship with Tom has always seemed genuine, even if not what was expected, and it is good to see her/the show showcasing the affection she has for him. She may not be Erika Jayne *hot* for him (but who knows), but she definitely loves and respects him.

I can't help but wonder how different the last few seasons would have been had she been this person. For me, it is a major missed opportunity. BH was my favorite. Sigh.

Edited by Rorysmom
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I agree, 100%.  This was the same type of vibe I was getting from Dorit's jabs at Kyle and Teddi's friendship.  Dorit threw out these comments like "Well, you did sleep together" and "You did do couples therapy" in such a way that it made it sound like there is something more to their friendship than just friendship. 

 

Dorti knows exactly what she's doing. Dorit wants to impress that something shady is happening because she wants Kyle all to herself. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I agree, 100%.  This was the same type of vibe I was getting from Dorit's jabs at Kyle and Teddi's friendship.  Dorit threw out these comments like "Well, you did sleep together" and "You did do couples therapy" in such a way that it made it sound like there is something more to their friendship than just friendship. 

 

As annoying as Kyle and Teddi can be with the whole package deal, I do think those comments are out of line and the ladies need to stop with that. 

I don't think Denise expects to be treated like she's special due to her celebrity. I think she did the "I'm fucking Denise Richards" confessional in response to Kyle being ridiculous about her being dolled up and having nice things at her parties. She's not trying to be something she's not the way Kyle was suggesting. She's always had her glamorous side, and she's not some poor schmuck trying to front, unlike some others. With Garcelle, there's been minimal interaction so far, who knows. I don't want to use the word racist because it's so ugly, and all these years, we've never heard Kyle utter anything racist. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Buca di Peppo .. 1540 Broadway, N.Y. City.   The only N.Y. location.  Times Square.

Edited by Silver Bells
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

 

I don't think Denise expects to be treated like she's special due to her celebrity. I think she did the "I'm fucking Denise Richards" confessional in response to Kyle being ridiculous about her being dolled up and having nice things at her parties. She's not trying to be something she's not the way Kyle was suggesting. She's always had her glamorous side, and she's not some poor schmuck trying to front, unlike some others. 

100% 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Dorito has just announced that she has been hired to consult by the Olive Garden.

Her big announcement is that they are going to replace the black olives in all of their advertisements with green olives.

Thus giving us definitive proof that she is indeed a racist.

  • Laugh 12

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

What’s with Kyle and the ridiculous skirt up to her who-ha.  Is she worried Mauricio will stray ?????????  How old is she?

Other than the little slits on the side, that skirt was a perfectly ordinary length (for any age of grown woman who feels like wearing it) and it seemed no shorter than any of the pink dresses (also, short dresses are more difficult to keep in check than short skirts are). I'm Kyle's age and I wear skirts of that length often to work (however, with tights, not with black pantyhose--ick).

Quote

But I also think, if I were a party goer, I'd be confused as hell about what Denise was actually objecting to considering she kicked off the sex talk. And then she expects the alcohol sloshed brains of her guests to figure out where that line is?

I thought she originally objected to the volume at which they were talking. When she said "fuck" or whatever, she wasn't loud.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

As annoying as Kyle and Teddi can be with the whole package deal, I do think those comments are out of line and the ladies need to stop with that. 

I don't think Denise expects to be treated like she's special due to her celebrity. I think she did the "I'm fucking Denise Richards" confessional in response to Kyle being ridiculous about her being dolled up and having nice things at her parties. She's not trying to be something she's not the way Kyle was suggesting. She's always had her glamorous side, and she's not some poor schmuck trying to front, unlike some others. With Garcelle, there's been minimal interaction so far, who knows. I don't want to use the word racist because it's so ugly, and all these years, we've never heard Kyle utter anything racist. 

Hm. Just don't know that I agree. Or, I should say, that I partially disagree.  Yes, I think that Denise was reacting to Kyle's contention that she was being fake, but I also think that she was also throwing out there that she was once a big STAR! And that Kyle shouldn't forget it.  I think that underlies Denise's whole argument that Kyle "talks down" to them. That's an argument I just don't really understand - I get saying that Kyle can come off as a bit inauthentic or that she is too sensitive, esp. re her relationship with Teddi. That's stuff I have seen on-screen. But Denise's statement, which she has said a couple of times now, that Kyle is "talking down" to them only makes sense to me if Denise somehow thinks that she should be the center of attention. Because I haven't seen any evidence of her really talking down to them.

Garcelle's animosity is kind of perplexing to me, and the only way I can explain it is that she thought that Kyle would fawn over her, and is upset that she isn't. Why Kyle isn't fawning over her (or, better put, trying to build a friendship with her) is worth exploring - I don't want to say its because of racism because we haven't seen any evidence of that - but I can't rule race out as a factor, either. Maybe Kyle doesn't feel as comfortable around with Garcelle as she does Sutton because of Garcelle's race. Or maybe she just hasn't had the time yet to connect with her. But regardless, I don't think either woman is behaving great there. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

She says it's a natural accent for her after her years of living abroad.

The best i can figure out, been able to figure out, based on the fact that it comes and goes and isn't an accent heard in the wild, is that she thinks it makes her sound posh.

Guess it goes with her pajamas.  Maybe she’ll invite Meghan, Harry and little Archie for luncheon and use her Brit voice to her advantage.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

25 minutes ago, Rorysmom said:

I took a break from RHofBH after the LVP pile on. I didn't even finish the season. Rewatching the first season reminded me just how much LVP came to Kyle's defense and how genuine their friendship was. Whether it was LVP's time to go or not, it shouldn't have gone down the way it did. Kyle should regret the end of that friendship.

I started watching again because I wanted to see how Garcelle would do. I think she is doing well, and I hope she stays--and gets to highlight her girlfriends more (especially Sheree). Loved her in her other show.

But wow, *this* is the Erika I'd hoped for from the beginning. I was so looking forward to her presence. But she got caught up in defending Yolanda, being frosty to LVP, conspiring with the other girls to ice LVP out, and generally being closed off.

Her relationship with Tom has always seemed genuine, even if not what was expected, and it is good to see her/the show showcasing the affection she has for him. She may not be Erika Jayne *hot* for him (but who knows), but she definitely loves and respects him.

I can't help but wonder how different the last few seasons would have been had she been this person. For me, it is a major missed opportunity. BH was my favorite. Sigh.

I was disappointed with the ending last season, but I tuned in this season, because I knew things would flip for Queen Kyle. Ericka was the chic I thought would be tough and fair, but she drank the kool-aid quickly. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Kyle has been trying to mimic Bethenny Frankel.  Get rid of the HB (Jill/LVP) and take the crown. 

That comparison doesn't work at all, since what happened between Bethenny and Jill was nothing like what happened between Kyle and LVP.

Quote

Quite honestly, I think that is what bothers them. They don't like that they have a real friendship that isn't for the show. I don't think it would be a problem for any of the other Housewife shows, where there does seem to be real relationships off-screen but on this one, all of the relationships are artifice. So they are upset that in Kyle and Teddi's case, it isn't. 

I think it's a mix of that and, as others pointed out, them feeling that Kyle gives Teddi a pass that doesn't give the others.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Nope but it was pretty clear to me why they accepted her limitations and not Denise's.  Erika set the tone of the evening from the minute she opened the door. 

She didn't engage in squealing and shouting only to try to pull back that atmosphere.  That's what Denise did with the dick talk at the table.  Like it or not, once she opened up that some sexual things were acceptable at that dinner, it was going to be hard to get a reign on things.

tumblr_msw0sysd8a1setwdzo1_500.gifv

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bencr said:

This was supposed to be Kyle's first year as queen of RHOBH, and I think Kyle is finding that the crown is, in fact, heavy.

I am enjoying the hell out of knowing that she has to deal with the negative feedback she's getting because there's no going back now. Her reign is not playing out the way she anticipated it would.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

But see, she won't say this. She refuses to admit to being closer to Teddi on any level. THAT is what's weird. That's what is annoying Dorit and the other women. If Kyle could manage to say half of this sentence then I'd be 100% on her side. But her pathological need to deny that the sky is blue is infuriating. And there's nothing wrong with her close friendship with Teddi - her denial of it is what makes everyone question her relationship with Teddi. 

Bottom line , they have confused Kyle by questioning the friendship,  she does not really know how to respond. It's unbelievable ,but they know exactly what they are doing. The goal is to keep her off balance until that Crown falls completely off her head .. Lol !!!!.  It's already crooked ..

  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I would pay good money to have Denise scream in Vyle's face "I'M GUMBY DAMMIT!"

Holy Crap!  I cannot stop laughing at this!

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I think it's a mix of that and, as others pointed out, them feeling that Kyle gives Teddi a pass that doesn't give the others.

But, I mean, I guess I don't understand what Teddi needs a "pass" on? There are definitely flaws in who Teddi is but also, she's isn't Dorit or Rinna.  Both Dorit and Rinna have behaved obnoxiously and that's mostly what Kyle calls them out on.  Teddi hasn't really behaved in the same way, so not surprisingly, Kyle hasn't had the need to tell her to not be obnoxious. 

I can understand Erika's objection that they are a "package deal," so it would be annoying if you are arguing with one, you have to argue with both. That criticism seemed legitimate. But Dorit's upset because Kyle isn't treating Teddi like a pot-stirrer, etc. Well, Kyle isn't treating Teddi in the same way she treats Dorit because Teddi doesn't act like Dorit.

Anyway, I think that this mostly stems from Dorit's jealousy of their relationship. Like I said, Rinna and Erika mostly don't care, IMO, but are willing to add their two cents about the package deal. But it's Dorit's envy that is driving the argument. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size