Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Read Between the Signs

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Garcelle’s scene with her friends felt a little contrived to me.  Like, “enough about me, let’s talk about YOU, Garcelle!”  Also, no way in hell Garcelle’s friend would be dating that guy and Garcelle would just drop that she’d dated him previously and the friend wouldn’t be at least a little freaked out.  I’ve never been around women that serene anyway.

That was Will Smith's ex wife Sheree of The Hollywood Exes fame and I'm sure she was well aware that Garcelle dated him before she married him.  They are friends after all.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Andi27 said:

The whole story line seems like a straightforward commercial for Buca. I don't know if the chain is franchised or not, but they are all intentionally decorated the same. He'll probably just go back to the original decor after the initial business from the show dies off (if there is any bump from it).

You could tell that guy wasn't all that enthused about working with Dorrit.  He had that, "Oh God, what am I getting myself into" look in his eyes.  I don't blame him.  Their track record of partnerships isn't good. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Momager said:

I’m surprised Erica held her temper w/Kyle.  She actually had a very calm, rational response. I’m not sure I could have pulled that off if my “friend” told me I didn’t have any good friends in my life. 

That was cold. Beteeen her histrionics and cruelty the only thing (granted it's big) that distinguishes Dorinda (BH) from Kyle is that Kyle is a sloppy drunk.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 10
(edited)

The events and “plotting” of this franchise have become so routine and boring. Now that we have gotten through the obligatory psychic can bikini waxing be far behind? 

Edited by janiema
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I didn't think I'd like Sutton, but I have to agree that Dori, Rinna, and Teddi have all been rough on her. Right now I'm mostly enjoying the new girls and Denise. 

Sutton called Teddi boring.  How is that Teddi being rough on Sutton?

2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Rinna said on wwhl tonite that she just likes to see them get upset - it’s fun for her. Seems the same for Dorit - the mouse thing.

Oh but let someone even mention Harry or her daughters and she's smashing glasses and ready to pounce like a rabid dog.  Such a hypocrite.

Edited by swankie
  • LOL 1
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I'm not sure why Kyle hasn't been engaging with Garcelle. I was wondering why Garcelle was speaking badly about Kyle in her promo interviews for the show, but now I get it. I don't think Kyle hates her, but it's like Kyle is just indifferent towards her. On the contrary, Kyle immediately welcomed Sutton with open arms.

I haven't seen Garcelle engaging with Kyle either.  The majority of Garcelle's scenes have been with her sons and tonight with her real friends.  She said she's been working in Atlanta so maybe there hasn't been a chance for Kyle to reach out to Garcelle because Garcelle hasn't been available.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
45 minutes ago, swankie said:

Sutton called Teddi boring.  How is that Teddi being rough on Sutton?

I find Teddi pretty inoffensive actually. I just grouped them together because they've all overreacted to things Sutton said.

IRC, Sutton said that she thought Teddi would be boring, was nervous about her being pregnant, but that she was actually a lot more interesting than she thought. She's a newbie and thought she was supposed to be honest. What she said came across a little rough with the "God help us," but she seemed to be awkwardly joking with that. Teddi burst into tears and walked off. 

Sutton was anxious about running into someone at Rinna's girls event. She never created a scene but was scolded as if she did something to hurt Rinna's kids. They were making something out of nothing. I get Dorit wondering what Sutton meant about freaking out since she's getting to know her, but she was pushy. And then Rinna as Sutton's friend really should have been kinder. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 20
39 minutes ago, Momager said:

I’m surprised Erica held her temper w/Kyle.  She actually had a very calm, rational response. I’m not sure I could have pulled that off if my “friend” told me I didn’t have any good friends in my life. 

That is an extremely cutting remark Kyle made. Erika was likely completely caught off guard and genuinely hurt, which is why she had no immediate response. However, I can imagine that someone as guarded as Erika really doesn't have any close friends that aren't part of her paid coterie, from what little we've seen of her life. It tracks.

Nevertheless, if I were Erika I would have retorted, "With friends like you, who needs enemies!" Or alternatively I would made some snarky remark about the caliber of Kyle's close friends, considering her bff is the morally corrupt Faye Resnick. 

• Love 17
17 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Sutton was anxious about running into someone at Rinna's girls event. She never did anything but was scolded as if she did something to hurt Rinna's kids. They were making something out of nothing. I get Dorit wondering what Sutton meant about freaking out since she's getting to know her, but she was pushy. And then Rinna as Sutton's friend really should have been kinder. 

I agree with all of this.  But the way these women shade each other I can understand Teddi being put off by Suttons initial assessment of her.  And if I'm not mistaken it was the "OH God she's pregnant" remark, or however she said it that sent Teddi crying.  I guess I give Teddi a break because she's pregnant.  I was a cryer when I was pregnant.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I find Teddi pretty inoffensive actually. I just grouped them together because they've all overreacted to things Sutton said.

IRC, Sutton said that she thought Teddi would be boring, was nervous about her being pregnant, but that she was actually a lot more interesting than she thought. What she said came across a little rough with the "God help us," but she's a newbie and thought she was supposed to be honest. Teddi burst into tears and walked off. 

Sutton was anxious about running into someone at Rinna's girls event. She never did anything but was scolded as if she did something to hurt Rinna's kids. They were making something out of nothing. I get Dorit wondering what Sutton meant about freaking out since she's getting to know her, but she was pushy. And then Rinna as Sutton's friend really should have been kinder. 

Dorit made that “freaking out” comment a way bigger deal than she needed to.  She acts all wide-eyed “who me?” innocent and oh so worried — not buying it.

• Love 20
Just now, Thumper said:

Dorit made that “freaking out” comment a way bigger deal than she needed to.  She acts all wide-eyed “who me?” innocent and oh so worried — not buying it.

She's less obnoxious to me the year, but she's a compulsive liar and gaslighter. In the scheme of things I dislike her the most of everyone on the show. She's just less obnoxious this year than the other obnoxious women.

• Love 14

Because I can't say this enough: I love Garcelle. She is classy and she keeps it all the way real. Loved seeing her with her friends - it's a stark contrast to the hyenas on the show that HW's are contracted to be "friends" with. 

Kyle's warts are on full display this season. And it makes me laugh because I bet she thought that, with Vanderpump gone, she'd be the HBIC. Nope! 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, swankie said:

That was Will Smith's ex wife Sheree of The Hollywood Exes fame and I'm sure she was well aware that Garcelle dated him before she married him.  They are friends after all.  

I guess that’s why it felt contrived to me then.  Rehashing info that has already been disseminated is one of my Housewife pet peeves.  Saying things that wouldn’t normally be part of the conversation, such as, “you know, I dated Will” when a friend is already well aware of that fact is what I don’t like about these shows.   

It’s like when they come back from a vacation where there was a huge fight and one of the “Wives films an elaborate scene in her bedroom where she “reports” to her husband that she is no longer speaking to her bestie like two days later.  As if they haven’t discussed it already!

Somehow I knew that Aaron and Harry Hamlin had both been married to Nicolette Sheridan before (I am ashamed that I knew that), and I was impressed with the way Lisa Rinna and Denise handled it last season.  They both spoke about it as if they were all completely aware of the situation, as opposed to Lisa being all, “Denise, baby! Do you know what we have in common!  We are Eskimo sisters and we should own it!”  

In general, I like it when they treat the audience as sophisticated participants (even when we sometimes aren’t).  

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
Just now, swankie said:

I agree with all of this.  But the way these women shade each other I can understand Teddi being put off by Suttons initial assessment of her.  And if I'm not mistaken it was the "OH God she's pregnant" remark, or however she said it that sent Teddi crying.  I guess I give Teddi a break because she's pregnant.  I was a cryer when I was pregnant.

I see that. :) I think Teddi's already sensitive and probably extra so now that she's got those pregnancy hormones. I don't think she's personally a mean girl the way some of the others are. I just feel bad seeing poor Sutton who's new, seems soft, anxious, and a little awkward trying to play the part of a Housewife and these women overreacting to the stuff she says. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Rahul said:

That is an extremely cutting remark Kyle made. Erika was likely completely caught off guard and genuinely hurt, which is why she had no immediate response.

I think it was an extremely cutting remark Erika made about Kyle and Teddi's friendship being weird.  What's so weird about having a close friendship with someone?  I have certain friends I feel closer to than others.  I don't get why they all think its so weird.  Hell, Erika had a close friendship with Yolanda when she first came on the show.  I don't recall anyone calling their friendship weird.  Dorrit is just jealous because she really doesn't have any close friends.  I don't know what Erika's problem is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Couldn't stop rolling my eyes during this episode. They do this in every housewives franchise. Two people in the group are legitimate friends and the rest of the group get's threatened and treats it like it's some sort of alliance . (eg Phaedra and Kandi) They eventually break up the friendship and move on to the next storyline.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Rahul said:

That is an extremely cutting remark Kyle made. Erika was likely completely caught off guard and genuinely hurt, which is why she had no immediate response. However, I can imagine that someone as guarded as Erika really doesn't have any close friends that aren't part of her paid coterie, from what little we've seen of her life. It tracks.

I feel like Erika has said as much about herself over the years, but it was still a nasty remark from Kyle.  However, I don't know why Erika would join in with Dorit that Kyle and Teddi's friendship is "weird".  Dorit is the one who keeps making sly remarks about "sharing a bed" and "couples therapy" which I could see are annoying, but hardly something to get so upset about.  Teddi and Kyle should just roll their eyes and make fun of her behind her back - on camera of course, so that they will have something to discuss at the reunion 😄 

Are we ever going to see an end to the hideous sparkly barrettes?  Garcelle wins "worse dressed" for me tonight because of the "sex girls" barrettes.

• Love 20
22 minutes ago, princelina said:

I feel like Erika has said as much about herself over the years, but it was still a nasty remark from Kyle.  However, I don't know why Erika would join in with Dorit that Kyle and Teddi's friendship is "weird".  Dorit is the one who keeps making sly remarks about "sharing a bed" and "couples therapy" which I could see are annoying, but hardly something to get so upset about.  Teddi and Kyle should just roll their eyes and make fun of her behind her back - on camera of course, so that they will have something to discuss at the reunion 😄 

Are we ever going to see an end to the hideous sparkly barrettes?  Garcelle wins "worse dressed" for me tonight because of the "sex girls" barrettes.

Yeah, I oohed over her outfit. And then I  saw those lame barrettes.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, MMEButterfly said:

It's confusing to me because I wouldn't think a chain like Bupa hired individuals designers. I've been in 2 different locations and they were pretty much the same. 

I'm very curious if Dorit is going to design within the funky, fun style that Buca has...or glam it up?  

4 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Why did Dorit come to this event dressed in her pajamas? I do not understand. 

She's still suffering from the headache the long braid caused her last week- couldn't manage to get dressed.

• LOL 14

I am so over Kyle this season, she is so up herself, the way she talks to people. And always with the deflecting. Who the hell does she think she is? Then playing victim with the water works. Hopefully this is her last season shes not up for the Queen bee role, maybe share a spliff with Lovebean before these dinner parties and just chill  tf out! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 19

Oh my god, these bitches are terrible people all around. 

I'm struggling to understand Dorit's new business venture. The bathing suit stuff is completely over now (even under a different name)? Instead she is buying into a single location of a restaurant chain AND redecorating a room for it, without being compensated for her design labour? So, she is doing free work and giving them money, in exchange for part of the profits from a single restaurant? That doesn't seem like a great deal, lol, but what do I know. Buca-di-whatever appears to be a publicly traded company, so there's no larger deal than the endeavour at the single Encino location. 

I don't know why any of these women would think Kyle and Teddy's friendship is "weird" and I don't know why Kyle can't just tell them that she has grown closest to Teddy and *Shrug* it is what it is. Don't be so uncool, Kyle.

• Love 7

My two cents on this episode:

1. Garcelle wore the Sexy Girl barrettes because she thought she was going to Erika Jayne's house, not Erika G.

2. Kyle has been trying to mimic Bethenny Frankel.  Get rid of the HB (Jill/LVP) and take the crown.  Unfortunately, Kyle doesn't have the ego of Bethenny. She is incredibly insecure (needs therapy for that) and fumbled so the crown is bouncing around the other girls.  

3.  Love that Denise wore jeans (no glam!) to Erika's psychic party.  And she out-shown the other, over done, ladies.  Especially pajama girl aka Dorit.

4. I would watch a show with Denise, Sutton and Garcelle.  Bring back Joyce and Kathryn.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

This is so interesting to me. I don't see it as co-defendant. I see it as two people who just happen to gravitate toward each other and the friendship comes with more ease. I follow them both on Insta and they hang out all the time (pre and a few times distanced during quarantine), so it seems like a real friendship. 

Quite honestly, I think that is what bothers them. They don't like that they have a real friendship that isn't for the show. I don't think it would be a problem for any of the other Housewife shows, where there does seem to be real relationships off-screen but on this one, all of the relationships are artifice. So they are upset that in Kyle and Teddi's case, it isn't. 

I will say, this is the first season I have actually liked Erika to any degree. She seems to have finally let her guard down a bit and that makes her more likeable. 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Why does it seem like Rina and Harry dont really see each other that much and Harry really doesn’t mind lol 

That’s why they’re still married.  She has her clothes line and he has .. who the hell knows.

• LOL 9

One thing I liked about last nights episode was they showed Erikas house, the dining room, etc.  I really loved the way Erika got up, left her friends to walk Tom to the door and say goodnight.  That was sweet, whether it was for the camera or whatever.  I think she really appreciates him.  Little things mean a lot.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, bkathi said:

My two cents on this episode:

1. Garcelle wore the Sexy Girl barrettes because she thought she was going to Erika Jayne's house, not Erika G.

2. Kyle has been trying to mimic Bethenny Frankel.  Get rid of the HB (Jill/LVP) and take the crown.  Unfortunately, Kyle doesn't have the ego of Bethenny. She is incredibly insecure (needs therapy for that) and fumbled so the crown is bouncing around the other girls.  

3.  Love that Denise wore jeans (no glam!) to Erika's psychic party.  And she out-shown the other, over done, ladies.  Especially pajama girl aka Dorit.

4. I would watch a show with Denise, Sutton and Garcelle.  Bring back Joyce and Kathryn.  

I’m really getting to like Denise.  She’s confident and doesn’t show off her stuff like the others.  She’s a Star and doesn’t have to prove it with bangles, beads and Chanel pajamas.  If that was what they are.  I’m reading backwards today, and don’t know what was said yet.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I am so confused by Dorit's association with Buca de Beppo, it is not a high end restaurant, it is a chain, is she doing the owner some sort of favor? None of her friends would eat there if they weren't going to be filmed, for someone so consumed by fashion, labels, glam squad she is all excited about this restaurant that is often visited by people after a Target run, it just does not seem like her at all. I am shocked that she wants to be associated with a chain that most of the food is frozen, prepackaged, the only tool the chef's really need is a box cutter.  The chicken parm you get at the Beverly Hills restaurant will be the same as the chicken parm you would get in Orlando.

But I am looking forward to see the room once she puts her touch on it.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Axie said:

Rinna is really a nasty, nasty woman.

Yep. And imo the mask she wears goes way beyond her Wack-O-Wax lips - she “owns it” except when it comes to her fake-ass marriage (her little boy look and giant strap-on come to mind; what exactly was their deal when he married her just after that ugly abuse story?); her fake-ass mothering (Harry was right about her part in the girls’ eating disorders); her fake-ass self esteem (she wouldn’t need the mask or the lips if she had some); her fake-ass storylines (she’ll pull anything out of her ass that turns the camera her way, up to and including literally pulling something out of her ass); her fake-ass momager role (she found a way to cover for the girls’ lack of direction AND a new stage for her to frolic on)...STOP ME, I could go on forever...

Waxlips.JPG

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

LVP, if she's watching, must be laughing at Kyle. The other ladies are doing to Kyle what she and the other ladies did to LVP. But I agree with Garcelle that Kyle deserves is. Her telling Erika that Erika didn't have any good friends was so uncalled for. Erika, for the most part, has always been in Kyle's corner.

So so true. Talk about a proper comeuppance.  I can't stand Dorit or Rinna, but Kyle should have known she was the next one targeted by that duo of vipers. And she should have known because she's a viper, too. How many times did she "innocently" stir shit over her tenure on the show?  Now she's getting it back and is whining like a baby. And also swearing like a sailor. The past few weeks, all her reactions are laced with profanity. Not that I have a problem with profanity at all, but it's odd that this is not something I remember her doing before.  Desperate much. Tantrum much....

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Rahul said:

Nevertheless, if I were Erika I would have retorted, "With friends like you, who needs enemies!" Or alternatively I would made some snarky remark about the caliber of Kyle's close friends, considering her bff is the morally corrupt Faye Resnick. 

Friends, schmends.  In my life, I’ve had three good friends.  My husband, my cousin who practically grew me up, and a great neighbor for over forty years.  These so called friends are barracudas who would chop you up in a minute.  They are acquaintances, that’s all, who are in competition with you.  Over the years, a person finds out who their real friends are.  Kyle doesn’t know what she’s talking about.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
34 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am so confused by Dorit's association with Buca de Beppo, it is not a high end restaurant, it is a chain, is she doing the owner some sort of favor? None of her friends would eat there if they weren't going to be filmed, for someone so consumed by fashion, labels, glam squad she is all excited about this restaurant that is often visited by people after a Target run, it just does not seem like her at all. I am shocked that she wants to be associated with a chain that most of the food is frozen, prepackaged, the only tool the chef's really need is a box cutter.  The chicken parm you get at the Beverly Hills restaurant will be the same as the chicken parm you would get in Orlando.

She’s got nothing else to go on.  Her cat or snake pony tail didn’t pan out, so she’s reaching.  A chain restaurant?  I don’t think so.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

She's less obnoxious to me the year, but she's a compulsive liar and gaslighter. In the scheme of things I dislike her the most of everyone on the show. She's just less obnoxious this year than the other obnoxious women.

I don’t watch this franchise often, but what’s with Dorit’s speech?  One minute, she talks British, the next, Australian, then like she’s royalty, dragging each word out slowly and perfectly like who the hell she is.  I have relatives in Connecticut, and they don’t talk that way.  WTF ?  And, I hate that stupid black headband with the bump of fake hair on the top.  Somebody must have told her she looked gorgeous, so wears it everyday.  She’s so pretentious for a crook.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

To me it looks like she wants to use this to showcase her design skills (such as they are) and create a new showcase for herself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The Hypocrisy of this group of women: 

Erika (the woman who wears pleather catsuits pats the puss calls women c****) telling the women to stop their inappropriate screaming and fighting in front of the hired astrologist "you're a guest in my home"  And its accepted and she gets no blow back

Denise, Ask the ladies to hold off on the threesome/sex conversation until her children and their friends (who were guest in her house also) weren't around to hear it . . .And she gets Pearl clutches and "well, what did you expect you know how this group of women is and I thought I was hanging with Wild Thing".  and "why are you being a prude" and "holier then thou"

WTF??? is this some weird bazaaro world where they don't see the hypocrisy in that ? So its ok to talk about fucking in front of 13, 14, 15, year olds ( anyone defending this would you let people have these conversations in front of your kids? it doesn't matter if she cusses like a sailor or had done 20 sex tapes or talks about someones dick around other ADULTS.. when a parent tells you to stop something YOU are doing around their children in their own home  YOU FUCKING STOP point blank period and let it go) However fighting in front of a grown ass man who is a guest in your house is beyond the pale? Good God I hope this gets brought up at the reunion

PREACH!  I haven't even watched this episode yet (watching on my lunch hour today) and I am already pissed off.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

PK and Dorit’s bringing up LVP was just ridiculous.  PK has made some nasty digs about LVP to the press, but I sincerely doubt she gives one iota of a shit of a #%/$! about the opportunity (charity) being offered by their mutual friend.  These people do like to bring a LVP up a lot though.

Kyle is simply not smart enough to be queen bee.  She seriously seems to think all she has to do is sit at the head of the table and the others will do her bidding.   Not gonna happen with Rinna and Dorit.

Of these ladies, probably only Erika (maybe Garcelle over time) could roll.  Rinna and Dorit are far too messy.  At least with LVP, she did most of her manipulations off camera, leaving the question of if/how she did it.  It’s not interesting to watch the shit stirring actually take place.  

• Love 10
On 5/18/2020 at 11:31 PM, jewel21 said:

Airdate: 05/20/2020

Spoiler warning:  Please do not talk about future storylines that have not yet occurred on the show even if they have been discussed in the press.  (i.e. why Denise stopped filming.)

Kyle that crown is heavy after all huh ? So happy everyone's turning on her ass ! Karma is a big ole fat Bitch !!! 

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

IRC, Sutton said that she thought Teddi would be boring, was nervous about her being pregnant, but that she was actually a lot more interesting than she thought. She's a newbie and thought she was supposed to be honest. What she said came across a little rough with the "God help us," but she seemed to be awkwardly joking with that. Teddi burst into tears and walked off. 

Sutton was anxious about running into someone at Rinna's girls event. She never created a scene but was scolded as if she did something to hurt Rinna's kids. They were making something out of nothing. I get Dorit wondering what Sutton meant about freaking out since she's getting to know her, but she was pushy. And then Rinna as Sutton's friend really should have been kinder. 

Rinna should have know better period..  The term "Freaking the hell out, " doesn't mean you will actually do it, come on Dorit ".  Rinna was showing off for the camera that's all, she knows Sutton better than that. Sutton would never embarrass herself in that way or anyone else that would be considered ' Bad Etiquette "..they make me tired just watching the dumb shit ..

Edited by byrd
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Erika (the woman who wears pleather catsuits pats the puss calls women c****) telling the women to stop their inappropriate screaming and fighting in front of the hired astrologist "you're a guest in my home"  And its accepted and she gets no blow back

Nope but it was pretty clear to me why they accepted her limitations and not Denise's.  Erika set the tone of the evening from the minute she opened the door. 

She didn't engage in squealing and shouting only to try to pull back that atmosphere.  That's what Denise did with the dick talk at the table.  Like it or not, once she opened up that some sexual things were acceptable at that dinner, it was going to be hard to get a reign on things.

Especially later in the evening after the alcohol had been flowing heavily.  The women didn't seem as drunk at Erika's.

Finally, I am always impressed with how Erika scolds.  There's something very calm, firm and authoritative about her tone of voice.  It's just amazing.  I wish I had that.  

I also don't mind Rinna saying she doesn't mind poking the bear.  The sort of acknowledgement that she's on a TV show is the thing I like best about her.  After all, they're tried to make drama out of Dorit bringing up that Sutton said she was going to freak out.  They gotta do something.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Madhattter said:

So so true. Talk about a proper comeuppance.  I can't stand Dorit or Rinna, but Kyle should have known she was the next one targeted by that duo of vipers. And she should have known because she's a viper, too. How many times did she "innocently" stir shit over her tenure on the show?  Now she's getting it back and is whining like a baby. And also swearing like a sailor. The past few weeks, all her reactions are laced with profanity. Not that I have a problem with profanity at all, but it's odd that this is not something I remember her doing before.  Desperate much. Tantrum much....

Yeah , and they know exactly what button to push. Kyle will be happy when the focus is off of she and Teddi,  as it falls to Denise.  

7 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

Nope but it was pretty clear to me why they accepted her limitations and not Denise's.  Erika set the tone of the evening from the minute she opened the door. 

She didn't engage in squealing and shouting only to try to pull back that atmosphere.  That's what Denise did with the dick talk at the table.  Like it or not, once she opened up that some sexual things were acceptable at that dinner, it was going to be hard to get a reign on things.

Especially later in the evening after the alcohol had been flowing heavily.  The women didn't seem as drunk at Erika's.

Finally, I am always impressed with how Erika scolds.  There's something very calm, firm and authoritative about her tone of voice.  It's just amazing.  I wish I had that.  

I also don't mind Rinna saying she doesn't mind poking the bear.  The sort of acknowledgement that she's on a TV show is the thing I like best about her.  After all, they're tried to make drama out of Dorit bringing up that Sutton said she was going to freak out.  They gotta do something.  

• Love 1

I liked seeing Erika rehearse Chicago.  She's not the best, but she's also not the worst, and it was sweet watching her tear up at the cast video welcoming her onboard. 

It's weird how Rinna keeps reacting to Sutton "almost flipping out" as if she'd actually flipped out and caused a scene.  Nothing actually happened, and while it's obnoxious for Dorit to bring it up, maybe if Rinna had shrugged it off (seeing as nothing happened), it wouldn't have blown up.  

Teddi's silence as Kyle keeps spinning is interesting. Teddi backed Kyle up at Denise's event, but only after Kyle left and only to defend Kyle's friendship.  I don't think Teddi is really interested in the purported causes of Kyle's arguments.  She didn't care about Dorit being late or being glammed up, and she's not really getting into Kyle's thing with Denise or Garcelle.

• Love 14

Tom Girardi looks like the Penguin from Batman. His house speaks volumes- clearly Erika has not been permitted to change anything. I think he gave her a room somewhere in the house and she made her “chapel” there. The rest of the house is a museum from Tom’s 1990 ish glory days. Unfortunately, the Girardi’s have some serious financial woes. 

• Love 12
(edited)
4 hours ago, byrd said:

Yeah , and they know exactly what button to push. Kyle will be happy when the focus is off of she and Teddi,  as it falls to Denise.  

Absolutely !  Tom set the tone and Ericka was having nothing less.  

4 hours ago, ancslove said:

I liked seeing Erika rehearse Chicago.  She's not the best, but she's also not the worst, and it was sweet watching her tear up at the cast video welcoming her onboard. 

It's weird how Rinna keeps reacting to Sutton "almost flipping out" as if she'd actually flipped out and caused a scene.  Nothing actually happened, and while it's obnoxious for Dorit to bring it up, maybe if Rinna had shrugged it off (seeing as nothing happened), it wouldn't have blown up.  

Teddi's silence as Kyle keeps spinning is interesting. Teddi backed Kyle up at Denise's event, but only after Kyle left and only to defend Kyle's friendship.  I don't think Teddi is really interested in the purported causes of Kyle's arguments.  She didn't care about Dorit being late or being glammed up, and she's not really getting into Kyle's thing with Denise or Garcelle.

That's the key , correct you are. It was Rinna's reaction that set things in motion and gave Dorit free reign to torture Sutton.  Rinna was showing off as I said before just trying to get something started.  Kyle is just petty as hell, looking for a reason, now she can' stand Dorit after you dogged out Vanderpump last season Dorit's behalf.  

Edited by byrd
  • Love 8

I'm loathe to defend Kyle, but that was one ridiculous argument Dorit and the others were making. "Admit it, you like Teddi the best!" I don't believe for one second they'd let it go if she'd concurred. What does Garcelle even care? She's clearly not friends with any of these women (maybe friendly coworkers with Denise and Lisa). And the harping on "couples counseling" was bizarre. So if any of the two women have lunch with just the two of them, is it a date? If two of them are at a spa, are they having a couples massage? Dorit (and Erika with her "weird" remark) seem to be heavily implying that there's more than friendship going on. I can kinda sorta see why Kyle's reacting the way she is, even though she shouldn't since by Lisa's own admission it's the reaction they're looking for.

That said, Kyle's retort to Erika was a low blow, and I was impressed that Erika's response was "that's so stupid and incorrect that I can't even be mad at it." Frankly it's how Kyle should have been responding to Dorit's "Kyle and Teddi sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G" jabs. Dorit is clearly envious that Kyle had a backup BFF after LVP, while Dorit is stuck with being Rinna's attack dog. It's ironic, considering Dorit's first role on the show was to be LVP's attack dog against Eileen and Rinna ("it was unfair of Eileen not to tell LVP at the reunion that her mother had just died." "Don't you think Rinna's behavior is.... induced?"  etc.).

Teddi seems over it all at this point, and I don't blame her. I think she's wishing her pregnancy were a couple months further along so she wouldn't have to bother with these assholes. Kyle is latching onto Sutton since Teddi's going to be out of commission soon.

I can't believe there's been so much time spent on Real Housewives on Beverly Hills talking about a Buca Di Beppo. And according to her "business partner" she hasn't done shit with it yet! Time to take Dorit's diamond if all she has to offer is talking about (a small part of) a restaurant remodel and making snide digs at the other women on Lisa Rinna's behalf.

• Love 12
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

Doesn't matter what tone was set, if it was a sit down dinner or back yard BBQ if the host has been joking and laughing with you and your friends or not it was her home (just like it was Erika's home).....its all about respect of the host and their home at the end of the day ...... Point blank period... Any host at Any time has the right to ask you to quit things in their home .... They just thought it was ok to treat one housewife one way in her home and another a completely separate way and tried to justify those positions when it was all just smoke and mirrors  ...

I from day one have been a ride or die with Erika on this board so I love pretty much everything she does but this thing with Denise and the jabs is kinda bullshit because if her ADULT son is off limits and she freaks even when someone mentions his name why is ok to talk about sex around someone eles kids when they ask you not to? and why would it have been a problem for them to ask that of you?

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 18

I am so confused by Dorit's association with Buca de Beppo,

There is an arrangement where a business can bring in a consultant, or another business, for a purported reason (such as designing a room), pay the consultant/business for the service, but really it's a loan. Just sayin'.

• Useful 4