Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Read Between the Signs

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

It’s codependent... that she is closer to Teddi. That’s all they wanna hear yes Teddi and I are closer but she refuses to say it.

Thanks!  That's kind of an underwhelming reason for everyone to be apoplectic, but, ok.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

You know this ‘psychic’ probably watched past seasons of RHOBH before he came to Erika’s house. 
Dorito looks like she’s wearing pajamas. 

She is...she's been doing that for the past two years.  I think a few seasons ago, wearing fancy silk pajamas while out was a fashion thing, but I don't know if it still is, except in Dorit's case, and ONLY if there are some designer logos printed all over them.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Thanks!  That's kind of an underwhelming reason for everyone to be apoplectic, but, ok.

None of these fights are ever that deep really. They just blow them all out of proportion. I mean they are still bitching that a parent didn’t want their daughter and teenage friends hearing about fuckin from 40+ year old women. When any normal parent would see no problem with the request to stop it.  

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 17
52 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

Oh em gee, Tom Girardi is adorable. It just took us like five years to see it!

He was so charming!!  I loved hearing his stories about his growing up with Patrick Wayne.  I bet he has some other great stories to tell!  

• Love 21
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I just do it cause it’s fun to see them get upset. How fucked up to say that. That be like Dorinda saying I just like to torture Tinsly for the fun of it. It’s wrong lol 

I agree with you but that’s what she said (not an exact quote, but same meaning). That’s why I don’t like Rinna - she plays with people, without remorse. Andy read a list of things she’s done and there were only a couple she regretted - even breaking that glass is okay with her.

• Love 17

I don't think there is an issue with Dorit and Kyle having a closer relationship with each other than the rest of the women. I think it's perfectly natural that in a group of women, some will gravitate to one or two more than others in the group. What I don't understand is why Kyle gets so worked up about it.

• Love 13
52 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Denise is the only one who brought a hostess gift. 

You're right!  At the very least, you would have thought that Sutton, Queen of Southern Manners and Hospitality would also have brought one.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

LVP, if she's watching, must be laughing at Kyle. The other ladies are doing to Kyle what she and the other ladies did to LVP. But I agree with Garcelle that Kyle deserves is. Her telling Erika that Erika didn't have any good friends was so uncalled for. Erika, for the most part, has always been in Kyle's corner. I'm not sure why Kyle hasn't been engaging with Garcelle. I was wondering why Garcelle was speaking badly about Kyle in her promo interviews for the show, but now I get it. I don't think Kyle hates her, but it's like Kyle is just indifferent towards her. On the contrary, Kyle immediately welcomed Sutton with open arms.

Totally agree that Kyle should not have said that to Erika.  I also agree with everyone above who has said they don’t get why she and Teddi don’t just say - yeah, we’re really good friends so what?

It’s possible we aren’t being shown things in order, but we’ve all been commenting on how separate Garcelle has been from the group so far.  How can Kyle be glossing over her when she’s rarely around?  Compared to Sutton, who has been everywhere so far.  I don’t know, I guess (ugh, to paraphrase Andy Cohen) we’ll just have to wait to see what happens.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

LR talking about Denise on WWHL makes me want to punch her in 5he face. She's such a bully.

Remind me what she said about Denise - she was so pleased with herself!

• Love 5

I don't think there is an issue with Dorit and Kyle having a closer relationship with each other than the rest of the women. I think it's perfectly natural that in a group of women, some will gravitate to one or two more than others in the group. What I don't understand is why Kyle gets so worked up about it.

it is only an issue because Kyle makes it an issue for a storyline. That's the only reason. And it's fake, boring, and stupid - just like Kyle.

I'm just going to embrace the hate watch. At least these women aren't fall down drunks.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

Totally agree that Kyle should not have said that to Erika.  I also agree with everyone above who has said they don’t get why she and Teddi don’t just say - yeah, we’re really good friends so what?

It’s possible we aren’t being shown things in order, but we’ve all been commenting on how separate Garcelle has been from the group so far.  How can Kyle be glossing over her when she’s rarely around?  Compared to Sutton, who has been everywhere so far.  I don’t know, I guess (ugh, to paraphrase Andy Cohen) we’ll just have to wait to see what happens.

You're right. Kyle did say that Garcelle hasn't been around that much, which Garcelle confirmed since she is shooting various projects. But even when Kyle is around Garcelle, she still doesn't seem to engage with her. Like Garcelle said, Kyle just exchanges pleasantries and glosses over her.

• Love 9
Just now, nexxie said:

She went into her smug voiced thing about whether or not Denise would show up at the reunion, when Denise said she would, because Denise had missed an event  during taping (though LR tried hard to imply it was several.) It was her smug tone and that it followed her gleeful explanation that she thinks it's funny to rile people up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, nexxie said:

She told me she was gonna show up to something and she didn’t..... then saying she will believe Denise will be at the reunion when she sees it. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

You're right!  At the very least, you would have thought that Sutton, Queen of Southern Manners and Hospitality would also have brought one.  

After seeing Sutton on WWHL, she's very dry in terms of her personality. I think the whole Southern Belle routine was an act she put on in the first few episodes because she thought it would help her get a Diamond. When Sutton tries to be herself as she did tonight on WWHL, she's boring, which is funny, because that's s what she accused Teddi of being. I know a lot of people don't like Teddi and think she should go, but at least Teddi has never pretended to be anyone she isn't.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
Just now, ShawnaLanne said:

She went into her smug voiced thing about whether or not Denise would show up at the reunion, when Denise said she would, because Denise had missed an event  during taping (though LR tried hard to imply it was several.) It was her smug tone and that it followed her gleeful explanation that she thinks it's funny to rile people up.

Thanks - no wonder I missed it - after she said it was fun to upset them, filling the dishwasher was better than listening to her!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

This is so interesting to me. I don't see it as co-defendant. I see it as two people who just happen to gravitate toward each other and the friendship comes with more ease. I follow them both on Insta and they hang out all the time (pre and a few times distanced during quarantine), so it seems like a real friendship. 

I used to think that Kyle and Teddi were attached at the hip and they should have a cutesy name smush like Tyle (Keddi would be cuter but there's no way Kyle's raging ego would allow Teddi to have more letters in the name so). But now I think that they're more like the human centipede and Teddi is on the receiving end. 

Okay no but really, I also don't see them as co-dependent. I do see a very clear leader (Kyle) and follower (Teddi) dynamic. Kyle has taken Teddi under her wing and groomed her to be the perfect acolyte. But I also think that, should shit get really dicey, Kyle would happily feed Teddi to the lions if it meant she escaped unscathed. 

5 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

What has Garcelle missed (that we've been shown) other than Teddi's eating disorder retreat? I think she's been at every other group event. She hasn't had a one-on-one scene with Kyle but neither has Erika or Rinna or Denise. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

LVP, if she's watching, must be laughing at Kyle. The other ladies are doing to Kyle what she and the other ladies did to LVP. But I agree with Garcelle that Kyle deserves is. Her telling Erika that Erika didn't have any good friends was so uncalled for. Erika, for the most part, has always been in Kyle's corner. I'm not sure why Kyle hasn't been engaging with Garcelle. I was wondering why Garcelle was speaking badly about Kyle in her promo interviews for the show, but now I get it. I don't think Kyle hates her, but it's like Kyle is just indifferent towards her. On the contrary, Kyle immediately welcomed Sutton with open arms.

Loved Erika and Lisa wearing the same pink blazer dress. That reminded me of that scene on "Beverly Hills, 90210" when Kelly and Brenda wore the same prom dress. But unlike Kelly and Brenda, Erika and Lisa laughed it off. I do agree with Lisa that the dress looked better on Erika. I think she has a more womanly body than Lisa.

What Kyle said to Erika was cruel. I'm surprised Erika didn't lose it and still said she considered Kyle to be a good friend. To be honest, I don't think Kyle genuinely likes Erika either deep down. Erika is too hot. 

Kyle has a side to her I really like. She's more normal in many ways than the others. She can be charming and charismatic. She seems like the most loving mother, a great wife, a good friend if she truly likes you, and I think a lot of times people have picked her apart for minor things. In many ways, I relate to her more than I do women like Denise Richards just because she's so much more normal.

However I do see this jealousy in her this season that's not pretty. I don't know if there are other things going on contributing to her emotions, but there's a pattern with her not getting along as well with the more attractive women in the cast. I don't like putting down the other women's looks so I prefer not to name names, but even starting season 1, Kyle never yelled and got catty with the women who weren't competition in looks/popularity. Kyle's a beautiful woman, but maybe she doesn't like sharing shine with the likes of Dorit, Denise, and Garcelle. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Ok, words mean things, and "couples therapy" is a different thing than two friends taking a meditation class together.  I get why both Kyle and Teddi were annoyed by that.  And I think that goes to the heart of their discomfort with the others insinuating how close they are.  Either Kyle or Teddi (or both) is antsy about the implication that they are "involved" in some sort of affair together.  

(I also get Erika feeling indisposed to their package-deal-ness, because what Kyle and Teddi did to her last year was ridiculous.)

But, on top of all that, is this group's weirdness about friendship and frantic need to make it seem like they are all very close friends, when that's just not true.  Garcelle isn't satisfied with Kyle treating her as a friendly acquaintance.  Kyle won't just say "Yes, I'm better friends with Teddi than you, and that's all there is to it." I guess with LVP gone, everyone is desperate to show that they are all on a level playing field.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, FlyingEgret said:

So is Dorit investing in Buca (as she alluded to in last week's episode) or redesigning a room in a single location?  I think she's actually just submitting a design proposal to their good friend and businessman (with likely PK-standard morals) who is probably just using this for free advertising and will reject or greatly modify said proposal. 

Obviously, I dont trust anyone who would do business with either Dorit or PK...

I totally agree. I don't know the ins and outs of PK and Dorit's financial situation as I shouldn't because it's no one's business but theirs. However, I do think PK has poor credit, which is why their current house in Encino is only in Dorit's name. PK gives me traces of Jim Bellino--Alexis Bellino's former husband from RHOC. PK is probably not doing anything outright illegal, but he definitely colors outside the lines in terms of his businesses. I think Robert Earl is probably in the same boat.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Rahul said:

Rinna adds noting of value to this show. Can she be cut from the cast? She's even duplicating other HWs looks at this point, ffs (Erika wore the pink suit much better, because her curves filled out the blazer dress nicely.) Rinna's shtick of shrieking like a harpy and knee slapping at her own corny talking head jokes is tired and won't be missed. 

Kyle seems to have a newfound love for cursing on camera. How many times has she said the words "fucking" and "asshole?" New drinking game alert.

The way Erika kept referring to the astrologer as "astrology guy" bugged me, especially since she claims to have known this man for over a decade and is also allegedly friends with him. She also trots Tom out like a prop to parade in front of her friends before sending him back off to another dusty corner of their house. Was it past his bedtime?

Garcelle shaded Kyle for her hideous outfit, but I found Garcelle's pink fluffy jacket to be a personal affront to my eyeballs.

Eh, I don't fault Erika for that. I think Tom wants as little to do with this show as possible and he was being polite meeting with the other women, and the wanted to get away as fast as he could from, what he has to know, will turn into a shriek, snot fest. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, ancslove said:

Ok, words mean things, and "couples therapy" is a different thing than two friends taking a meditation class together.  I get why both Kyle and Teddi were annoyed by that.  And I think that goes to the heart of their discomfort with the others insinuating how close they are.  Either Kyle or Teddi (or both) is antsy about the implication that they are "involved" in some sort of affair together.  

(I also get Erika feeling indisposed to their package-deal-ness, because what Kyle and Teddi did to her last year was ridiculous.)

But, on top of all that, is this group's weirdness about friendship and frantic need to make it seem like they are all very close friends, when that's just not true.  Garcelle isn't satisfied with Kyle treating her as a friendly acquaintance.  Kyle won't just say "Yes, I'm better friends with Teddi than you, and that's all there is to it." I guess with LVP gone, everyone is desperate to show that they are all on a level playing field.

While I agree that the women harping on the closeness of Kyle and Teddi's relationship can be annoying to both of them, Kyle even snapped at Erika--who prior to the astrology dinner--had kept her opinion about Kyle and Teddi's friendship to herself. I think the other women just want Kyle to admit that she is closer to Teddi than everyone else and as a result, she holds Teddi to a different standard. 

• Love 8
Just now, DivaLasVegas82 said:

While I agree that the women harping on the closeness of Kyle and Teddi's relationship can be annoying to both of them, Kyle even snapped at Erika--who prior to the astrology dinner--had kept her opinion about Kyle and Teddi's friendship to herself. I think the other women just want Kyle to admit that she is closer to Teddi than everyone else and as a result, she holds Teddi to a different standard. 

Ooooh. THAT'S the big deal! That was exactly what Kyle accused LVP of. Lolololol

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

What has Garcelle missed (that we've been shown) other than Teddi's eating disorder retreat? I think she's been at every other group event. She hasn't had a one-on-one scene with Kyle but neither has Erika or Rinna or Denise. 

She wasn’t at Rinna’s daughters’ thing - which was Erika’s little drinks pre-party and the LOIS post-dinner too.  She had a conflict with her sons’ birthday party, it looked like.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I can not grasp why these women (Denise, Ericka, and Rinna in particular) are so supportive of Dorit and her maliciously gleeful shit stirring.  Why are so many chiming in that Dorit has a point on truly stupid accusations and arguments she's starting?

Kyle has no idea to deal with Dorit.  Her little clique cosigning on Dorit's gripes and not calling on her on her inability to let trivial shit go is making Kyle dig in her heels and right fight.

I don't disagree that Kyle is self absorbed but a lot of her friction with the other women is an offshoot of them jumping into Kyle and Dorit's arguments on Dorit's side when Dorit is refusing to let go of a trivial topic to stir up shit.

• Love 16

Some of them, maybe.  Garcelle seemed to just want it out in the open.  But Dorit has been weird all season about them, repeatedly saying how they "sleep in the same bed".  And at the end, Erika said that something about them wasn't right.  Although, that was after Kyle slammed Erika's "lack of friends".

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think it is pretty obvious. Vyle blames Dorito for the end of her relationship with LVP and all of the hate sent towards her on Twitter and on social media. She feels she sacrificed the main relationship that drove the narrative for this show to defend Dorito and she is not properly grateful and subservient like Teddy. She even explicitly said that last week.

As far as to why Vyle and Teddy are so close that’s easy to explain. Vyle loves Teddy like the sister she never got to steal a house from.

While Kyle believes this, I disagree with her.

Kyle had issues with LVP for most of their friendship. She may have loved her despite their issues the way she loves her sisters, but I never saw this huge affection the way I see with Teddi. She never seemed to truly think highly of LVP, and at the end of the day, LVP isn't family, so the love can only go so far when there isn't genuine like there.

I don't think the demise of Kyle and LVP's friendship had anything to do with Dorit either. "Preys on the weak" and "Bobby Fischer" were long before Dorit. No one forced Kyle to confront LVP the manner she did. She could have remained honest while being gentle on her grieving friend on the eve of her birthday. The "Showdown at Villa Rosa" was merely the straw that broke the camel's back. 

• Love 15
(edited)

I normally don’t mind Kyle but she’s been pretty annoying the last few episodes. She’s getting more worked up than usual. She needs to just speak in a normal tone or just not give a fuck about Dorit. Dorit is just a fake. Her accent when greeting PK is annoying.

I guess she’s designing a room but she’s trying to hype it up as something else.

Lisa’s screeching and laughing like everything she does is so funny is annoying. I thought it was embarrassing her shrieking so much when she got to Erika’s house. I swear she’s somehow finding out what Erika is wearing too lol. When was the last time she even saw Harry lol. Seemed like a while.

Tom is cute and prob has some awesome stories. I would’ve rather listened to him then the lame astrology guy.

Who cares if Teddi and Kyle are closer. Kyle doesn’t need to deny it.

Whoever said Garcelle is a stealth bitch might be right. She really burned Kyle in the car with the outfit comment.

Not minding Sutton now but she seems to get worked up easily too.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Andi27 said:

The whole story line seems like a straightforward commercial for Buca. I don't know if the chain is franchised or not, but they are all intentionally decorated the same. He'll probably just go back to the original decor after the initial business from the show dies off (if there is any bump from it).

And I love all the Vanderpump talk, as if the restaurants cater to the same crowd.

Is this the first time that a former housewife is talked about so openly on any franchise? I can only recall former housewives being discussed when they came back for an episode or two. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Eh, I don't fault Erika for that. I think Tom wants as little to do with this show as possible and he was being polite meeting with the other women, and the wanted to get away as fast as he coukd from, what he has to know, will turn into a shrie, snot fest. 

I thought Tom was being polite, too, and the story was cool.    I also think that scene was more of this season’s “improve Erika’s image” plot.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
(edited)
20 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

She wasn’t at Rinna’s daughters’ thing - which was Erika’s little drinks pre-party and the LOIS post-dinner too.  She had a conflict with her sons’ birthday party, it looked like.

That's right, I forgot about that one - but Garcelle was also at an event (Sutton's opening event) that Kyle wasn't, if we're keeping score. I think the dynamics between Sutton and Kyle and Garcelle and Kyle are interesting. They're both new but Kyle has only latched onto one and seems to be dismissive towards the other. I'm not surprised that it's Sutton that's now seated to Kyle's right. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

This is probably an unpopular opinion and a stupid hill to die on but I’m just gonna say it. In normal circumstances, I would agree with Denise that the women should have stuck to more appropriate topics of conversation when her children and their friends were eating dinner. But when you are filming a reality tv show where arguments break out over nothing left and right and f bombs are flung, don’t invite your children’s friends over for a filmed event. The only reason that dinner was interesting and thus shown is because of the sex talk and Kyle’s subsequent breakdown. It is a stupid issue for them to be rehashing but I agree with Sutton and glad she brings this up next week. Why were the kids there? 

Denise knows what show she signed up for and I’m sure the parents who signed the waiver for their kids to be seen on television know what this show is about. I’m also just tired of seeing the children too, so I’m on the “leave the children elsewhere train”.

Someone tweeted Kyle about this and she said she wouldn’t have her kids around at this type of event. That would have been the way to go. 

While I agree with this, I also don't understand.  Kyle has been throwing parties since the beginning of the show.  First, there were the white parties, where there was almost always some type of nasty argument between the women, and last year, the "Farrahween" party, where Lisa Rinna, dressed as Erika Jayne basically called Kyle's kids' aunt (Kim) a c*nt.  

I guess the difference was that those parties were larger and the kids weren't close to the ladies?  

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

That's right, I forgot about that one - but Garcelle was also at an event (Sutton's opening event) that Kyle wasn't, if we're keeping score. I think the dynamics between Sutton and Kyle and Garcelle and Kyle are interesting. They're both new but Kyle has only latched onto one and seems to be dismissive towards the other. I'm not surprised that it's Sutton that's now seated to Kyle's right. 

Me either because at the core Kyle is jealous and not only is Garcelle prettier than Kyle but hugely more succesful as an actress.

Incidently I think Kyle has the same problem with Denise, well at least the acting part. I think Kyle is a lot better looking than Denise.

• Love 7
(edited)

Like some other posters, I thought Garcelle's conversation with her girlfriends was contrived. And honestly, I rolled my eyes when she said that her ex was remorseful for cheating on her. Seriously? He cheated on her for 5 friggin' years, and would likely still be married to her and cheating had he not got caught. Was he never remorseful in the 5 years he was with his mistress? Apparently not enough to dump said mistress and come clean. SMH.

I liked seeing the often MIA hubbies, Harry and Tom. I have always liked both, and like their relationships with their wives. I didn't even mind seeing PK, and while I don't see what Dorito sees in him, she obviously loves him. That said, all the kids can stay off my screen, thank you very much. 

I don't understand why the howives don't understand Kyle's friendship with Teddi. I think it would be very strange for a group of women - especially a group of co-workers which they essentially are - to have the same relationship and friendship with every other person in the group. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 13

So Dorit has left her swimwear line to become an interior decorator?  Wasn’t she “all in” and 120% committed to her trashy, derivative bikini biz a couple of years ago?  Now she is “investing in”, or decorating what looks like a glorified Olive Garden with more “authentic, EYE-talian” tchotchkes tossed on the walls?  She told the owner she’s 120% committed to this project.  I think Dorit’s “120%” is code for how much money is owed on PK’ gambling debts, and how much time she and PK need to work it off.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh Kyle, She wasn't yelling yelleen and screaming screameen you narcissistic twunt.

FIFY. That is a speech habit she has that annoys the crap out of me. Also her toilet mouth is really dialled up to 11 this season.

1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I just do it cause it’s fun to see them get upset. How fucked up to say that. That be like Dorinda saying I just like to torture Tinsly for the fun of it. It’s wrong lol 

Huh. I wonder if that is the way she parents her daughters as well.

Well, well, the missing husbands all crawled out of the woodwork tonight. I wonder if that was their seasonal appearance.

Rinna was salivating during that ride back with Garcelle and Denise. 

I am actually finding it painful to watch Kyle cursing and crying every week. She is having a meltdown a la Dorinda. Her outfit was ugly, but I wasn't fussed about Garcelle's either. I love that Denise just DGAF and wears jeans.

Dorito and PK are just pitiful. They seem to be living on a very shaky house of cards.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
6 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

So Dorit has left her swimwear line to become an interior decorator?  Wasn’t she “all in” and 120% committed to her trashy, derivative bikini biz a couple of years ago?  Now she is “investing in”, or decorating what looks like a glorified Olive Garden with more “authentic, EYE-talian” tchotchkes tossed on the walls?  She told the owner she’s 120% committed to this project.  I think Dorit’s “120%” is code for how much money is owed on PK’ gambling debts, and how much time she and PK need to work it off.

The interior of that restaurant is so crowded and claustrophobic ....

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Rinna basically admitting that it’s just fun to bully people to get reactions from them on WWHL .... 

So cruel and calculating.

• Love 13