Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Read Between the Signs

• Start Topic

Erika is left seeing stars at her astrology party when old resentments flare up between Kyle, Teddi and Dorit; Denise's simmering frustration boils over in front of a speechless Lisa Rinna; Garcelle questions a new friend's priorities.

Airdate: 05/20/2020

Spoiler warning:  Please do not talk about future storylines that have not yet occurred on the show even if they have been discussed in the press.  (i.e. why Denise stopped filming.)

• Love 2
(edited)

Because I'm bored, I'm back. So Harry and LR, don't really seem like a couple, just two good friends with kids together. I bet they have a good working married but separate relationship.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 23
11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

For the love of god Kyle if people were talking about fucking with your daughters there you would have freaked. She doesn’t talk about that stuff with her daughters around/ where they can hear. How does that make her holier then thou? 

Another reason to dislike Kyle. Because she would freak. Teddy didn't look thrilled about the conversatuon either. I missed the first 10 minutes or so, but Erica looked like she was going to apologize, which is hypocritical because she'd said something different in a talking head.

• Love 9
(edited)

Still watching the show. My thoughts so far...

I actually enjoyed the Garcelle scene. Not everyone dates a huge star like Will Smith! 

Also, Denise is absolutely laid-back compared to women like Kyle and Teddi who cry at the drop of a hat. Erika's whole schtick was not giving a damn what others thought. She even has a song about it. She has an awful temper on her and has meltdowns on the show, yet none of them pointed out that she most certainly gives plenty of fucks! There was Lisa Rinna and that infamous glass throw. Denise is a sweet person who has limits and calls out bullshit. It's kind of her job as a housewife. They'd say she's not pulling her weight if she weren't honest and didn't contribute to drama. Did the rules change? Does she just have to sit there and take everything and not have an an honest opinion? Isn't that the definition of phony?

I'm really over Kyle pretending she's been the victim in any of this. The one thing I am more on the other ladies side is that it was confusing for Denise to be cursing and talking about Aaron's package. That's not to say I'd intentionally disrespect the host and think it's cool to have raunchy talk within earshot of teenagers, just that you feel like you're free to be loose because of the host's own talk at the table.  

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17
11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She doesn’t talk about that stuff with her daughters around/ where they can hear.

Yes, can you imagine how Kyle would have reacted if that conversation was going on where her youngest could have overheard it?! And then Kyle has to slag Denise by saying something like "she was compensating for oversharing about her sex life".  Except there were no children about when that was happening.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
2 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

So is Dorit investing in Buca (as she alluded to in last week's episode) or redesigning a room in a single location?  I think she's actually just submitting a design proposal to their good friend and businessman (with likely PK-standard morals) who is probably just using this for free advertising and will reject or greatly modify said proposal. 

Obviously, I dont trust anyone who would do business with either Dorit or PK...

It's confusing to me because I wouldn't think a chain like Bupa hired individuals designers. I've been in 2 different locations and they were pretty much the same. 

• Love 15
1 minute ago, MMEButterfly said:

It's confusing to me because I wouldn't think a chain like Bupa hired individuals designers. I've been in 2 different locations and they were pretty much the same. 

The whole story line seems like a straightforward commercial for Buca. I don't know if the chain is franchised or not, but they are all intentionally decorated the same. He'll probably just go back to the original decor after the initial business from the show dies off (if there is any bump from it).

And I love all the Vanderpump talk, as if the restaurants cater to the same crowd.

• Love 18

All the pink, just stop! The “dress” ie. JACKET was dumb too many wanna be queens....

Loving Garcelle, and actually Sutton... kill me now. Tired of these other old bitches fighting for the crown, it’s so ridiculous. 

• Love 18

Garcelle’s scene with her friends felt a little contrived to me.  Like, “enough about me, let’s talk about YOU, Garcelle!”  Also, no way in hell Garcelle’s friend would be dating that guy and Garcelle would just drop that she’d dated him previously and the friend wouldn’t be at least a little freaked out.  I’ve never been around women that serene anyway.

Erika’s dancing was pretty, pretty good.  I remember last season when she had her concert and the music went off and she couldn’t really move other than to shimmy, so I was pleasantly surprised.  

I know this is going to sound weird, but I think there are some parallels between Lisa and Harry’s marriage and Erika and Tom’s marriage.  There perhaps isn’t a mutual burning desire, but, to paraphrase Michael from Arrested Development, there is perhaps a burning mutual respect?

Why does Dorit make it seem like PK goes back decades with everyone from London?  It reminds me of last season when Kyle theorized that Dorit and PK were so far up Lisa and Ken’s asses because maybe they had secrets going back to London.  I always thought that was a funny observation, and probably full of truth.  

I’m tired of hearing about how busy everyone’s travel schedule is.  If they’re that busy working across the country, maybe they shouldn’t film a reality show that is based in “Beverly Hills.”  

I can’t help it, I loved Erika, Garcelle and Lisa in the short pink dresses.  The screaming was totally stupid though, and sort of negated the moment.  

I love Tom and his old school stories.  That is most definitely one seasoned trial lawyer right there.  

Denise seemed fucked up on more than just alcohol when she walked into Erika’s house and started grabbing Tom’s arm.  It looked like it was to steady herself.  

I found it so ironic that a man who claimed to be an astrologer who was talking about moons was saying that when you talk to Erika, you should stick to the facts.  As opposed to conjecture and bullshit, like astrology.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
29 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

You know this ‘psychic’ probably watched past seasons of RHOBH before he came to Erika’s house. 
Dorito looks like she’s wearing pajamas. 

I was thinking the exact same thing about Dorit's outfit...sitting at the table she looked like she was at a sleepover

• Love 12
(edited)

Well, that was boring. And the same old fight about Kyle and Teddi being better friends than with the others.

IMO I thought everyone looked hideous at the party. Pajamas, pink everywhere, too short skirts, big juvenile looking barrettes and weird hair extensions. 
Rinna and Sutton on WWHL right now. Sutton really hates Dorito. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 21
Just now, Bronzedog said:

I don't understand what everyone is implying about Kyle and Teddi's relationship.

It’s codependent... that she is closer to Teddi. That’s all they wanna hear yes Teddi and I are closer but she refuses to say it.

• Love 13
(edited)
6 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Oh Kyle, She wasn't yelling and screaming you narcissistic twunt.

Right, she was just trying to talk. Much like Kyle felt like she couldn't get a word in with LVP sometimes. Kyle's voice was louder when she was asking the astrologer "what sign does this?" Kyle needs to realize how bizarre it looks when she goes from pit bull to delicate so rapidly. 

I didn't think I'd like Sutton, but I have to agree that Dori, Rinna, and Teddi have all been rough on her. Right now I'm mostly enjoying the new girls and Denise. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 16

I’ll never understand why people are so intrigued for a stranger to tell them generic bullshit about themselves.  Everyone pretty much got the same reading.  It was some version of, “You are so happy and fun, but people shouldn’t mess with you.”  Glad he brought the iPad along for all the calculations that went into that.  

I thought this episode was going to be so good, but it was so dull.  The big debate amongst the group is whether Teddi and Kyle went to therapy together?  Who gives a shit?  The summer after my friends and I graduated from high school but before college, we still had appointments with our school counselor just to have casual conversation, but it probably was relationship management and a sort of therapy.  I don’t think that’s too sensational.  I wish it had been.  

I can’t believe they were still talking about flip out vs freak the fuck out.  It’s the new glam.  Erika very casually gaslighted Sutton by telling her to quiet down in Erika’s home when Sutton wasn’t yelling.

Now Garcelle doesn’t feel “seen” by Kyle?  I don’t really understand this psychobabble.  Is it an LA thing?

Kyle sure was cursing a lot.  Was she drinking a lot or something?  I have no idea how this devolved into tears.  All season, Kyle seems so bothered by Dorit, and it’s bothering me because I don’t know why.  It seems like some off-camera bullshit and I feel silly for thinking that this show may have moved past the off-camera bullshit.  

I’m sorry I’m cursing so much.  I had such high hopes for this episode.  I thought there was going to be a giant dinner table melodrama and it was just a bunch of small spats that really meant nothing to me.  The cliffhanger was that Erika had no friends.  Didn’t we all already know that?  

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

This is so interesting to me. I don't see it as co-defendant. I see it as two people who just happen to gravitate toward each other and the friendship comes with more ease. I follow them both on Insta and they hang out all the time (pre and a few times distanced during quarantine), so it seems like a real friendship. 

And that’s fine there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But Kyle is trying to act like that isn’t the case 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I don't understand what everyone is implying about Kyle and Teddi's relationship.

Rinna said on wwhl tonite that she just likes to see them get upset - it’s fun for her. Seems the same for Dorit - the mouse thing.

• Useful 7
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

So is Dorit investing in Buca (as she alluded to in last week's episode) or redesigning a room in a single location?  I think she's actually just submitting a design proposal to their good friend and businessman (with likely PK-standard morals) who is probably just using this for free advertising and will reject or greatly modify said proposal. 

Obviously, I dont trust anyone who would do business with either Dorit or PK...

I think this is really just a fake storyline for the sake of the show, and it will go nowhere.  PK and Dorit probably concocted the storyline.  The owner agreed to it for free advertising for his chain of restaurants and maybe through some sense of misdirected loyalty to his "old friend" PK.  

It all just looked so fake to me - and when they started talking about LVP, that confirmed it.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Erika very casually gaslighted Sutton by telling her to quiet down in Erika’s home when Sutton wasn’t yelling.

Erika and Kyle have a do as I say, not as I do philosophy. 

• Love 21