Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Beautiful Monster

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, stealinghome said:

Yeah I didn’t get that from the episode. What I got was that Helene wanted the golfer dead, but V’s plan all along (with Konstantin) was to take out Dasha, hence why she asked Helene if she could bring Dasha on the mission.

I'm with you on this. The golfer was the target and Villanelle and Konstantin saw it as the perfect opportunity to take Dasha out and facilitate their "escape" from The Twelve as evidenced by the fact that she had arranged for him to pick her up outside of the golf course after the fact. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

The recapper also pointed out something that flitted through my mind during the scene but then I forgot about: "It’s requiring more than the usual suspension of disbelief to roll with the notion that Konstantin would leave a key with a neighbor."

I hoping the finale this Sunday will wrap up some threads on this show.     I think Dasha, and Konstantin being in the same ER might get interesting.    

When Villanelle inevitably finds out somehow that Konstantin is still alive, I don't imagine she'd come visit him in a public place like the hospital. She's botched two assassinations now, Helene can't be too pleased,  and Konstantin will want his receipt back from her. But if she were to visit, it would be fascinating for her to see that she didn't manage to kill Dasha. Although if she knows Konstantin lived, she'd probably know that Dasha did, too.

It seems rather Evil Spy Tradecraft 101 to NOT leave the key to your villainous lair with a neighbor. I know it was done as an expedient way to have Geraldine waiting for him there, but it was jarringly out of character. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Arkay said:

It seems rather Evil Spy Tradecraft 101 to NOT leave the key to your villainous lair with a neighbor. I know it was done as an expedient way to have Geraldine waiting for him there, but it was jarringly out of character. 

I wonder what Geraldine said to the neighbor to get them to let her in...

• Love 2

I noticed when Carolyn asked Geraldine what she wanted to eat, Geraldine basically said, "Anything vegetarian." That caught my attention because she took steaks over to Konstantin. It's probably meaningless because I know several flexi-tarians who sometimes forgo meat for various reasons.

When Geraldine dropped the steaks and left, at first I assumed that Konstantin had prepared them and unknowingly poisoned himself -- not the most fast-acting poison, but that's where my weird thoughts took me, when he started showing symptoms when he was with Villanelle. Actually, I would have liked that because I'm one of the viewers who just doesn't quite trust ole Gerry.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, eXiled said:

When Geraldine dropped the steaks and left, at first I assumed that Konstantin had prepared them and unknowingly poisoned himself -- not the most fast-acting poison, but that's where my weird thoughts took me, when he started showing symptoms when he was with Villanelle. Actually, I would have liked that because I'm one of the viewers who just doesn't quite trust ole Gerry.

Then again, he's been grabbing his chest every time he gets startled the last few episodes so it could go either way. (And they probably want us to wonder.) I hope we get more of her motives in the finale because I have a hard time believing she would be so naive, considering who her mother is. (And K said she kissed him; did something happen between them beyond that?)

• Love 4

Golf "target" - I got the impression that the American golfer was not the intended target they were in Aberdeen for.  He just annoyed them, so it was a kill for sport.  Not sure if V actually intended to kill him, then changed her mind, or if her plan all along was to use him as bait to distract Dasha.  If he was the target I don't believe V would have let him get away.  This episode is worth a second watch, so maybe that will clear things up.

V's golf outfit - I hated it and loved it at the same time.  If you look at some of the full body shots, this outfit had roots in old-timey golf outfits for men.  The pants bagged at the ankles, like men's golf pants used to (though it was higher - just below the knee, maybe?)  Same with the jacket - take away the dead muppet, and it looks like a short waistcoat that would also be worn long ago.  And the weird colors fit, too. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought it would be helpful to have visual aids.

I love it, because I love the theatricality of the fashion on this show.

Dasha and Villanelle look like a cartoon pairing here.

KE_307_LR_1215_0160_RT-1.jpg

killing_eve_villanelle_golf.png

3x07-16_Dasha_Villanelle_golf.jpg

23868098-0-image-a-19_1579985475094.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, chaifan said:

Golf "target" - I got the impression that the American golfer was not the intended target.... He just annoyed them...Not sure if V actually intended to kill him, then changed her mind, or if her plan all along was to use him as bait to distract Dasha.  If he was the target I don't believe V would have let him get away. 

I don't believe there was any change of mind. V's plan was to create a pretext to get Dasha to come into the woods with her. 

I even thought I heard the "sexy 12 leader" tell V that her mission was to kill Dasha. But with the accents and all, I may have misheard.

• Love 1

We so called that inevitable heart attack for Konstantin, but I am actually a bit surprised that he survived, as well as Dasha surviving her Eve stomp down. So many almost deaths this season, I half expect Kenny to come walking in the door with a big band-aid on his head!

Villanelles outfits sometimes remind me of some of Carries outfits on Sex and the City, like there is a very close line between beautiful and fashionable and ridiculous and not out of place on a clown going through a midlife crisis. I think as long as its big, colorful, and memorable, thats all Villanelle wants. That golf outfit was...very Villanelle.

Poor Konstantin, everyone is sneaking up on him! I loved the guy at the police departments reaction to Konstantins bribes, like he just cannot go a single day at work without some idiot waving money at his face like a magic wand. Yeah, now Konstantin has not only a sociopathic killer for a hired gun/dysfunctional surrogate daughter, but also for a daughter! 

Yeah, its hard to tell on this show if Geraldine is just a random subplot, or if its leading to something big and plot relevant, or if Geraldine will influence the plot by accident, or if she isn't what she appears to be. 

Eves plot this season has been kind of all over the place, kind of stuttering and stopping at various times, but the Villanelle stuff has actually been really interesting throughout. Unlike last season when they went hard on Villanelle but it was a Villanelle who got so over the top she stopped being a real character at times, this time we are exploring a lot more of what makes her tick, as she deals with these moments of actual feelings and being unsure about how to deal with them or what they even are, and thats a lot more interesting. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

We so called that inevitable heart attack for Konstantin, but I am actually a bit surprised that he survived, as well as Dasha surviving her Eve stomp down. So many almost deaths this season, I half expect Kenny to come walking in the door with a big band-aid on his head!

This actually made me spit water all over myself so thanks for the reminder to change my t-shirt more frequently than I have been. 🙂

• LOL 7
(edited)

Now, to me, THIS was a great episode all around. Of course there is only 1 left. 
Villanelle- “thank you for the inappropriate touching”. Haha 

I see them setting up next season with Konstantine and Dasha reluctantly working together to find V, and possibly V and Eve working together to take down the Twelve. 
I also see Geraldine as the Big Bad. 

Edited by tvfanatic13
Forgot stuff
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

I don't believe there was any change of mind. V's plan was to create a pretext to get Dasha to come into the woods with her. 

I even thought I heard the "sexy 12 leader" tell V that her mission was to kill Dasha. But with the accents and all, I may have misheard.

Villanelle: Give me another job.
Helene: You're injured.
Villanelle: I'll take Dasha.
Helene: Okay, but success is essential. Otherwise, what's the point of sending you and not Rhian?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 5/25/2020 at 7:08 PM, enoughcats said:

If she had been dressed like a soccer mom, she wouldn't have attracted the attention of men with money. Polo shirts and short skirts don't say "so much money, I have to be interesting."

The got-eaten-by-a-muppet look reeked of designer originality with stratospheric price tag....rich men would know that it wasn't ready to wear and any woman wearing it was ...rich or controlled by someone rich, self assured, free to do whatever she chose, and possibly as much a freak in bed as in street wear.  Dude in expensive Jaeger knit vestbut in cheap colors) saw an opportunity and as an important man cloaked in his own success, opportunities must be seized. 

The not so little boy had wished he were dead.  She granted his wish.

We don’t kill children who are depressed because their parents died, V murdered him there was zero mercy. I liked this episode but wish Eve wasn’t a secondary character. I liked it better when we were supposed to be rooting for Eve and not Villanelle.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Villanelle: Give me another job.
Helene: You're injured.
Villanelle: I'll take Dasha.
Helene: Okay, but success is essential. Otherwise, what's the point of sending you and not Rhian?

Yes, this is the instruction I was thinking of. "I'll take Dasha" can mean "I'll bring Dasha along with me to kill the golfer"--or it can mean (as I think it does), "I'll kill Dasha. I know you want her taken out, and that will be the job I take."

• Love 1
On 5/25/2020 at 8:58 PM, Arkay said:

That's an interesting observation. I assumed he was saying it in the usual pejorative sense. I do think it's possible, as I said somewhere above, that the brush-by could have been intentional just because Konstantin remarked on it, but he didn't appear to react as though he felt something sting him. But who knows?

@BingeyKohan 

I think he was saying it in the pejorative sense ... and when the word left his lips it flipped on the lights in his brain about what had just happened.  Almost simultaneously to the thought dawning he began to suffer the effects and went down.

On 5/27/2020 at 10:28 AM, Milburn Stone said:

I assumed Helene knew V's history with her own mother, including the fact she recently dispatched her.  I thought that was the reason for the discussion that led to V telling the story about shitting in her mother's shoe -- a really big one.   I assumed that was all really alluding to V's other mother who needed to be dispatched.

I thought V's final words with Konstantin at the train station were actually asking him if he was her father.  That made me circle back to the idea that V thinks she had just dispatched her "mother" Dascha -- AND the fact that Konstantin feels incredible pressure to keep his word and get back to Irina and make his getaway with the money -- AND the fact that Geraldine had also raised the question of Konstantin being her father.  

An awful lot of this season has been devoted to parental ties, real or faux.  

Agree with those who think somebody stabbed Konstantin, making him go into cardiac arrest. I definitely though that when he yelled at the guy for crashing into him, because it would be such a perfect reversal or restaging of the recent KGB murders in London. 

But then in the hospital when no medical people mentioned or found any polonium or other toxic stuff, I figured I was just overthinking it. Later i thought OK no poison apparently, but maybe he was injected with something that made him go into cardiac arrest, but left no traces???

The only reason I am clinging to this interpretation is the show made sure we noticed that somebody crashed into Konstantin. 

But i am suspicious in general of unknowns on this show. I am still watching Kenny's sister, knowing from Game of Thrones that that woman can throw a punch or two, and join up with your worst enemy.

• Love 2

I think Dasha thought the American was the target, when it was actually her. Villanelle better get to Cuba, she botched 2 kills and I'm sure the 12 are not the 2 mistake giving kind. 

There better be a point to Geraldine, we lost Kenny for her. Unless she killed Kenny, which would make the most effective killer on the show since somehow Niko, Dasha and Konstantin survived and Kenny didn't. She did survive in Westeros longer than most so she has it in her. Lol

So Eve is moving closer and closer to being a killer while Villanelle is moving away from it. She seemed to enjoy causing Dasha pain and was watching the light go out of her eyes. Is S4 going to be MI6 hiring Villanelle to track down and stop Eve from killing everyone? 

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Didn't Dasha say something to Eve about Niko when she was injured on the golf course?   I think that was why Eve went after her.   

Eve asks her where V is and she responds with, "He has lovely moustache. Like Stalin." That's when Eve starts to step on her chest.

(I found episode scripts here: 
https://transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewforum.php?f=867)

Edited by ams1001
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

I really liked that green leather coat Villanelle had on at the top of the episode. That was a fairly "normal" look for her.

Apparently Helene has a death wish because when she said Villanelle would never be able to kill her I'm pretty sure the words "Challenge Accepted!" flashed in V's eyes. Helene is probably as good as dead already.

That American golfer had a not great American accent IMO. It also didn't make sense to me why he took it upon himself to help them find their golf ball. What was in it for him? Surely he didn't think he stood a chance with V.

Poor job killing Dasha though. Eve had to finish Villanelle's half-assed work.

Oh, wait. Both Eve and Villanelle are failing at killing lately. ☹