Type keyword(s) to search

The Hunt (2020)

Macbeth
  • Start Topic

This movie is a different take on The Purge series.   Damon Lindelof co-wrote this movie with Nick Cuse. I have a lot of respect for Lindelof after The Watchmen so I paid $20 for the rental with no regrets.  

It stars Betty Gilpin, Hillary Swank, and Amy Madison (nice to see her again.)  This movie was released on March 20th to streaming platforms due to the COVID-19 pandemic.  

It takes on the hypocrisy of the liberal wealthy in America, while not backing down on the Right. Everyone is fair game here.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  One of my favorite moments was when the good looking man and woman, who were momentarily set up to play the lead characters against the hunters, were killed off pretty quickly.

And it made it clear that stereotypes go only so far and people can't be labeled.

• Love 2

I saw this a few days ago on a movie box I recently bought.  I agree, everyone was fair game and that fight at the end was epic!  My only nitpick how, for movie purposes, that dress and shoes she wore at the end fit so perfectly, lol. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I saw this a few days ago on a movie box I recently bought.  I agree, everyone was fair game and that fight at the end was epic!  My only nitpick how, for movie purposes, that dress and shoes she wore at the end fit so perfectly, lol. 

This is true.  But she looked pretty fine in that dress.  

I liked the reference to Animal Farm.  It's been many years since I read that book.  Time to reread it.

• Love 2
On 5/17/2020 at 7:32 PM, Ohwell said:

I saw this a few days ago on a movie box I recently bought.  I agree, everyone was fair game and that fight at the end was epic!

"So am I gonna have to keep listenin' to Beethoven or are we gonna do this?"

• Love 2

Had a free movie weekend and decided to check this out. I get that the filmmakers were satirizing both sides, but... considering everything that’s happened since this movie came out, I’m not sure the message has the same impact. I will say that’s it’s easier to watch a movie like this when none of the characters are sympathetic, so kudos.

But yeah this movie was not worth all the controversy.

The Final Girl was badass, gotta give her that.