Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E06: Episode Six

• Start Topic

Sounds like they're going to stick Josh's adventures in Hawaii in the middle again.

"'The old man' left me a map leading to a treasure."

No, dummy.  He left you a map of Hawaii showing water all around it, with a note that says, "There are tuna fish in the water" written on it.

Watching the day after so we can FF through the middle part.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

For a minute there I thought Vasilly was going to refuse to leave the boat.   Wild Bill told him to leave and he kept saying "no, I want to talk about this other thing that I think needs to be done different on YOUR boat."   Wild Bill is nicer than me.   I wouldn't have brought him around to the Dutch Harbor side.   I would have said "lots of folks heading that way someone will give you a ride. But not me."     All this talk of out fishing the Russians, but then when there comes a chance to join them, Wild Bill jumps at it.   

Jake getting more quota was a picture.   Of course you take it.   Mo' quota  = mo' money.   I get the crew though.   It's been a fucking slog, and then they gotta go get just as much as they already put on the boat.    Ugh.   

• Love 2

Hi everyone, this is my very first post on Primetimer although I have been lurking here for quite a while. 

I have been a fan of Deadliest Catch from the first episode but this is the first season that I have absolutely no interest in watching. From all the comments so far, I don't think I'm missing anything. Especially having that obnoxious slug Josh Harris shoved down our throats each week. It's bad enough that they show him for a few minutes per episode, but a whole hour of him is far too much to stomach.

The show has had a good run, but the last couple of seasons have not been very good. It's sad to see Disco trying so hard to keep it going when it clearly isn't what it used to be.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lotusblossom said:

Especially having that obnoxious slug Josh Harris shoved down our throats each week. It's bad enough that they show him for a few minutes per episode, but a whole hour of him is far too much to stomach.

Welcome aboard!  You will fit in very well here.  You've said everything I feel about Josh, so you come over here and sit on the virtual couch next to me.  Do you prefer red or white wine?  Sweet or salty snacks?

• Love 3

Thanks, AZ, thanks for the kind invitation. Red wine and salty snacks, please!
I’ve noticed that our opinion  of Josh is shared by everyone else on this forum too. Disco doesn’t seem to care because they resurrect his good-for-nothing behind every year. 

• Love 2

I knew Diso was going to find some excuse to keep the "Josh Harris gets Disco to pay for his fishing trip to Hawaii" going.  Ugh! Really? Why? are the fangirls that persistent?  I hope they figure out a way of separating the shows next season because that is the only reason there's going to be another season of this shit show.

OT kind of, why isn't Sean and the Brenna T on this season?  I don't mind Junior being back but Harley can go back to his villainous way off my screen.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Linderhill said:

OT kind of, why isn't Sean and the Brenna T on this season?  I don't mind Junior being back but Harley can go back to his villainous way off my screen.

I miss Sean, too!!!!  Why can't we have GOOD role models portrayed on our screens? 

• Love 2

Thats how much I haven't been paying attention this season, I just now realized we weren't seeing the Brenna A.    Guess Sean wouldn't bring the drama for them so they parted ways.   Too bad.   We need some calm level headedness.   Instead of "oh my god, oh my god, where are the crab????   we're all going to be homeless with no money, oh my god oh my god" and other drama.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't mind Josh. Yeah, he's really just there for the cameras and to pimp the legacy of his father, but he's relatively harmless. He and Casey seem to be friends and you never see him encouraging dangerous fishing, unlike some of the other just there for the ride in the wheelhouse guys we've seen. Their boat seems to be drama free, so that's also a nice change from most of the others. I also don't mind the Hawaii fishing show. Casey's been in Hawaii for a couple of months now. I don't know if he has a house there or maybe it's his mom's house, but I don't think Josh had to do a lot of begging to get anyone from Disco to go to Hawaii to film. 

I'm sad to hear that we won't get to see the Brenna A. I was hoping that they would pop up for opies. 

I only watched the first 2 episodes, and genuinely could not remember if Sean had been on or not, because the Jake and Harley and Junior the asshat show is just too much for me. Good to know. I had 4 episodes sitting on my DVR, and they are all deleted. I think the show jumped the shark for me a season or two ago, but this year hit the tipping point of becoming unwatchable for me. I'll come here for the discussion, but I'm looking at the number of posts, that's only going to take a few minutes of my time.

• Love 1

They usually mix the boats up a bit more than they have recently. No Wizard and no Northwestern for a while now. I'm guessing maybe Edgar is running the NW for this part of the season and if that's the case it makes sense that they're not featured on the show, but Keith usually gets more screen time than he has. I almost said "Maybe there's no drama this year" but this is the Wizard we're talking about.

Anyone know if the Golden fishery will be open again, or if the government has decided there just aren't enough of them to allow for more harvesting at this time?

A pissing elbow.  Only Jonathan.  

Vasily would get to steppin' were I Bill.  

What would the extra cut be for the crew on the Saga's extra quota, which would gross roughly $175K  Any idea what they paid for it?  What would they have better to do than earn another, say, $1K for another week or so at sea?

On 5/23/2020 at 3:43 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

What would they have better to do than earn another, say, $1K for another week or so at sea?

Spend time with their kids/wives/girlfriends (or all three)? A week of backbreaking labor for a lousy $1,000 isn't a good deal, but if it's substantially more, then maybe. 

On 5/23/2020 at 3:43 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Vasily would get to steppin' were I Bill.  

Yeah, he's lucky he still has teeth, to be honest. But I wonder how good he'd be on a vessel with a different skipper and deck crew? He's obviously skilled at sea, but was a horrible fit for Wild Bill's boat.