Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

"The View": Week of 5/18/2020

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Really boring show today.

To say the very least. It was like watching wall paper peel. If I wanted to watch a boring talk show, I'd DVR 'The Talk' each day. It's now become a 'chore' to watch this show, rather than 'a pleasure'.  I'd have even taken Andrew Glassman pushing Oprah's crap in one of the dull Tim Scott interview segments. 

As for Meghan saying she didn't get the job the first time around because "she wouldn't do a chemistry test" is not true at all. The truth was everywhere when they were auditioning that season and it has nothing to do with what she claims. I wish Whoopie would have called her out on that. Can't say more. 

Edited by ThePurpleArcher
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, Tammee said:

I dont know if Sunny is looking for a friend...she was on i think GMA this week and while waiting to be called she just had this face which looked so sad.

That's a good point, Tammee. Sunny has a lot of good, reliable, close friends who are fabulous people--successful people.  I think she (desperately) wants to be an "A" List celebrity and is therefore sucking up to be accepted by "The View's" only A-Lister (although I'll never understand why Whoopi's on that list).  Guess Sunny will suck up as long as she's able.  (I've actually had a few people suck up to me in my life ... and it's uncomfortable and humiliating... especially if I couldn't like them."

Edited by Kayz Opinion
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/21/2020 at 7:27 PM, ThePurpleArcher said:
On 5/21/2020 at 7:01 PM, GiveMeSpace said:

Yeah-Whoopi seemed to get upset that Sunny said she didn't look like a 109 year old woman that she looked like Whoopi. Every exchange between them seems to get uncomfortable. 

I noticed that - here's Sunny kissing her ass, but somehow she managed to screw that up as well. I believe she was only giving Whoopi a compliment, but Whoopi took it as an insult to her 'professional portrayal'.  Go figure. 

Just watched yesterday's show tonight.  Sunny tries too hard--essentially she insulted both Whoopi's acting and the hair/makeup/wardrobe artists' work.  That Whoopi didn't "look like a 108*yr-old woman," and she "just looked like Whoopi" were not compliments to anyone.   (*Sunny even had the age wrong.)

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I also found it rather odd that Whoopie kept saying how excited she was that it 'was Friday' and kept interjecting 'It's Friday, everyone!' when we all know damn well the show was taped on Thursday afternoon. Even Sunny and Meghan gave her an odd look when she wouldn't stop. Quite honestly, viewers don't care what day it is or when the show tapes -  every show seems the same to us for the past few months. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

15 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Just watched yesterday's show tonight.  Sunny tries too hard--essentially she insulted both Whoopi's acting and the hair/makeup/wardrobe artists' work.  That Whoopi didn't "look like a 108*yr-old woman," and she "just looked like Whoopi" were not compliments to anyone.   (*Sunny even had the age wrong.)

I think Whoopi took it wrong becz she was looking at it from an actors pov, so Sunny was basically saying youre a shit actor, you didnt evolve into your character, i still see the actor.  I know Sunny didnt mean it like that but thats how it came out Im afraid.  I might have room in my mouth for another foot Sunnygirl.  Theres always at least one in there at any given moment.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I know Sunny didnt mean it like that but thats how it came out Im afraid. 

I agree, Tammee, and your explanation is perfect.  Sadly, Sunny tries so hard with Whoopi that she usually ends up looking foolish and desperate.  I'd bet Whoopi did a lot of muttering after that segment.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Well as whoopi's new mantra goes "anything can happen"

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopi is an arrogant and selfish person. Other co-hosts have tried and there is no making her like you. I really think she truly doesn't care about anyone she works with. It's a job and money to her. Some people she tolerates better than others.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/23/2020 at 9:03 AM, ThePurpleArcher said:

I also found it rather odd that Whoopie kept saying how excited she was that it 'was Friday' and kept interjecting 'It's Friday, everyone!' when we all know damn well the show was taped on Thursday afternoon. Even Sunny and Meghan gave her an odd look when she wouldn't stop. Quite honestly, viewers don't care what day it is or when the show tapes -  every show seems the same to us for the past few months. 

Shot Thursday or Friday, who the hell cares heh!  Its the last shooting for a lil while.  I love Thurs & Fri.  I get down right giddy lol. the anticipation starts Thurs, and Im smiling right through Fri!  Whoopi was just being giddy.  I giddy it HAH! Stupid.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/22/2020 at 7:03 PM, Kayz Opinion said:

That's a good point, Tammee. Sunny has a lot of good, reliable, close friends who are fabulous people--successful people.  I think she (desperately) wants to be an "A" List celebrity and is therefore sucking up to be accepted by "The View's" only A-Lister (although I'll never understand why Whoopi's on that list).  Guess Sunny will suck up as long as she's able.  (I've actually had a few people suck up to me in my life ... and it's uncomfortable and humiliating... especially if I couldn't like them."

I wonder if RHoNYC came calling, would she join?  Curious.  

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Shot Thursday or Friday, who the hell cares heh!  Its the last shooting for a lil while.  I love Thurs & Fri.  I get down right giddy lol. the anticipation starts Thurs, and Im smiling right through Fri!  Whoopi was just being giddy.  I giddy it HAH! Stupid.

I wonder if they will be taking next week off ? I think they usually do for Memorial Day week, now that May ratings sweeps are over. They may come back live the first week of June. (I think they should take the summer off and come back after Labor Day - in studio). 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Tammee said:

I wonder if RHoNYC came calling, would she join?  Curious. 

Meghan has A LOT of clout with Andy Cohen; I don't think she would ever allow that to happen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Tammee said:

I wonder if RHoNYC came calling, would she join?  Curious.  

we can only hope

Just now, cinsays said:

we can only hope

never mind...…...I was thinking you meant Meghan leaving for the housewives show - that I would be very happy with, not Sunny

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Kayz Opinion said:

Meghan has A LOT of clout with Andy Cohen; I don't think she would ever allow that to happen.

.... & she KNOWS Bethenny Frankel would eat her for breakfast!!!  LOL.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Tammee said:

I wonder if RHoNYC came calling, would she join?  Curious.  

Only if she didn't have to do a 'chemistry test' with the other cast members, I'm sure. She'll tell Andy 'you know my work, what you see is what you get! I'm not doing a chemistry test with the other bitches!"

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Tammee said:

I wonder if RHoNYC came calling, would she join?  Curious.  

Just to clarify, i did mean Sunny (sorry for the confusion), if Sunny did go i would be majorly bummed.  If it were MM, woohoo get the party started!!  We'll help you pack!  Call you a cab!  Hell, I'll pay for the dam cab.  Gone Girl Byeeeeee!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

Only if she didn't have to do a 'chemistry test' with the other cast members, I'm sure. She'll tell Andy 'you know my work, what you see is what you get! I'm not doing a chemistry test with the other bitches!"

Back in my day they called it a 'Personality Test' and a lot of employers used it for hiring.  Just like an SAT, a frig'n test at an interview.  My how we've changed.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Tammee said:

Just to clarify, i did mean Sunny (sorry for the confusion), if Sunny did go i would be majorly bummed.  If it were MM, woohoo get the party started!!  We'll help you pack!  Call you a cab!  Hell, I'll pay for the dam cab.  Gone Girl Byeeeeee!

glad you cleared that up and I totally agree...... i'll bring the whiskey but no guns!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/24/2020 at 4:47 PM, Tammee said:

I wonder if RHoNYC came calling, would she join?  Curious.  

Over MeAgain's dead body!!  LOL  She kisses Andy's ass any chance she gets and unfortunately he kisses her's right back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Badbea99 said:

Over MeAgain's dead body!!  LOL  She kisses Andy's ass any chance she gets and unfortunately he kisses her's right back.

then I think it would be a great place for her

she likes the housewife shows and the kartrashian, right?  perfect!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size