Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E24: Dreamland Baby; The Mad Optimist; RollinGreens; Yellow Leaf Hammock

• Start Topic

A solution to help babies sleep through the night; a personalized body care brand; a plant-based alternative for a favorite comfort food; a stylish version of a comfortable outdoor accessory; Daniel Lubetzky guest judges.

(edited)

I think the weighted blanket for babies will be one of Lori's best products.    I think she'll find a great licensing deal, and make the creator rich. 

I can't believe the three men with Mad Optomist think I would pay $6.00 and up for a bar of soap.   They have virtually no sales over seven years.   I looked at their website, and they have a lot of scents you can add to the soap, but I didn't even know what half of them are.   I can buy similar, non-custom products anywhere for much less.   I can't believe they made a deal with Mark.   He's usually much more sensible than that.    I admire them for donating the entire sales for their charitable purposes. 

Rollin Greens.   Meat replacement grains made into healthy junk food.      (Does Lori have to bring up those stuffed Bagels on every food pitch?   By the way I've tried three flavors of those Bagels, and I can't stand any of them).     Nice they got a deal, but I don't see it as the next great product.   Maybe in Whole Foods, or other upscale grocers, and Target seems to have a lot of Shark Tank food products.    Robert would love to have this product take off, just so he can tell Kevin "I told you so". 

The hammock might be a great cause, but I would never spend over $2,000 to get an indoor hammock support.    I can't believe Daniel Lubetzky offered a $1 million.   I have totally lost track of the offers, and percentages.   I can't believe that many sharks are vying for this company.    Daniel will be a great partner, but I can't believe he invested $1 million.  

I really enjoy Daniel Lubetzky's story.   He seems like a great person.   

Squatty Potty is up to $175 million in sales.    That's a lot of poop.     Lori certainly has an instinct to pick winning products.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I didn't understand why the hammock ppl countered back with 1 million again when just 5 seconds before they said that they didn't really need that much money... Guess they couldn't resist the $$$..  didn't think it was worth paying that much TBH...

• Love 3
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Squatty Potty is up to $175 million in sales.    That's a lot of poop.     Lori certainly has an instinct to pick winning products.    

It is the only Shark Tank product we have (my mom found it on sale and she doesn't watch the show) and let me tell you, that is a God send.  And the youtube video still cracks me up.

That was a weird deal for the hammock, but the most cringe worthy part was that the hammocks were going to be part of the Virgin Voyages CRUISE line and in their catalog.  I know this is taped months before, but that is really the worst timing for that to air now.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

I thought this was an interesting episode.  I thought the weighted baby sleep sack was a pure winner, I couldn’t understand why more sharks weren’t interested. 

I loved the mad optimist guys (i originally thought they were optometrists). I don’t have a lot of money to spend on gifts, so I usually try to find something unusual or personalized. This is perfect for me, and I don’t mind paying a little more to support these guys and their mission.  Perhaps this can help my guilt at increasing Jeff bezos personal wealth with all the amazon purchases I make.

i was blah on the plant stuff   I’d probably get it, because I’m trying to eat less carbs but it just didn’t look appetizing   I always discount it when the sharks say something is delicious, I figure they’re hungry.

i don’t get the hammock appeal at all   Do that many people really want them, or have room?  I don’t find them comfortable in the least, I like some support   I also hated the name “hammock throne”:or whatever it’s  called .   Anything  less throne like is hard to imagine. Added:  I didn't watch to the end, so was unaware of what kind of deal they got.

speaking of products:  I’ve bought lots of things over the years, and almost always liked them   In fact, I’m eating Ka-Pops right now, and just put in an order for more   

Edited by mjc570
  • Love 3
On 5/15/2020 at 7:00 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the weighted blanket for babies will be one of Lori's best products.    I think she'll find a great licensing deal, and make the creator rich. 

It actually scared the crap out of me. It violates all the rules the American Pediatric Association has established for safe sleeping guidelines. As soon as one baby dies from SIDS while wearing their jacket, they are going to get their asses sued big time.

Kevin invested in a similar product years ago that looked a lot safer than theirs. I'm surprised he didn't bring up his deal for "this little straight jacket for babies" as he called it.  We've never heard any follow-up about that deal, so maybe it was something that never came to fruition.

• Love 4
On 5/15/2020 at 7:00 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think few of her products are actually winners. She is very good at thinking she can convince people to buy things they don't really need and uses her few successes such as Squatty Potty and Scrub Daddy to justify that she knows what people need. When was the last time you heard anything about the exercise swivel board thing that she said was going to be needed by every overweight housewife?

19 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

I think few of her products are actually winners. . . .  When was the last time you heard anything about the exercise swivel board thing that she said was going to be needed by every overweight housewife?

I think now might be a very good time for this product, I know I could use one. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, eel21788 said:

I think few of her products are actually winners. She is very good at thinking she can convince people to buy things they don't really need and uses her few successes such as Squatty Potty and Scrub Daddy to justify that she knows what people need. When was the last time you heard anything about the exercise swivel board thing that she said was going to be needed by every overweight housewife?

Maybe a year or so ago. The commercial was on saturation rotation on late night TV. 

8 hours ago, eel21788 said:

When was the last time you heard anything about the exercise swivel board thing that she said was going to be needed by every overweight housewife?

Last week, when I saw ads on HGTV and CNN. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/16/2020 at 11:03 PM, eel21788 said:

Lori actually brought it up a couple months ago.  One of the other Sharks was making fun of it and she brought up how much money she'd made with it.

I think the thing with Lori is she invests in products that will make a bunch of money and then fizzle out. She pockets the money and goes on to the next thing. Barbara and Mark seem to care more about building businesses that will last a long time.

• Love 5