Type keyword(s) to search

S03:E19: A Day In The Mask: The Semi-Finals

• Start Topic

General note: When they unmask a singer and Nick goes into the "how you know them" spiel, they should have an inset panel showing images of the celeb in their normal environs. For example, images of Zito pitching for the A's, Giants, and also singing in public if he's done that.

It'd help for the celebs that you aren't familiar with.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

General note: When they unmask a singer and Nick goes into the "how you know them" spiel, they should have an inset panel showing images of the celeb in their normal environs. For example, images of Zito pitching for the A's, Giants, and also singing in public if he's done that.

I agree with this.  They go into more detail in 'After The Mask', when the winner makes an appearance.  Although, not everyone sticks around for it.  It's probably a time issue.  They would have to figure out how to scroll what the clues meant and show pictures at the same time. 

2 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Which for me is more than half of them. I watched the after show with Bret Michaels because he's entertaining, but generally have no interest in it. As it is, I FF through much of the main hour. I didn't watch any of this week's performances in their entirety. None of them are THAT good.

• Love 5

I just don't think the Night Angel is all that.  Turtle is the best left and I've never really been wowed by the Frog.  I get that he's a good performer (singer+dancer) but the singing is just ok for me.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Night Angel sounded awful. This is the worst she’s sounded.

I guess the internet is always right- I rolled my eyes when they were guessing Barry Zito but here we are. I never knew he could sing and only thought of him as a very good pitcher.

How is antivaxxer always right? She guessed Barry first. She’s guessing Kandi Burruss correctly (all the clues point to her) and guessed Jesse McCartney last week. I still think it’s him, but him and Nick Carter always sounded similar so who knows. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 2

Jay Pharoah was the most useless guest judge to date that I can remember.

I hope the Frog, as entertaining as he is, doesn't win-he doesn't actually sing.

I have previously said that I don't care for Night Angel, so I hope Turtle wins.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, twoods said:

Night Angel sounded awful. This is the worst she’s sounded.

How is antivaxxer always right? She guessed Barry first. She’s guessing Kandi Burruss correctly (all the clues point to her) and guessed Jesse McCartney last week. I still think it’s him, but him and Nick Carter always sounded similar so who knows. 

It does seem weird that Jenny guesses the most correctly.  Maybe, that's what the show wants.  Ken can only have one correct answer each season.  The last two seasons, it's been an athlete.  While Jenny gets the most correct answers.

However, I think it was Nicole that guessed Jesse McCartney last week.  She usually guesses the people that she either worked with, e.g. Jesse and Hunter, or if she recognizes their voice like Patti and Dione.  Although, I recognize those two and Gladys among others from their voices.  I'm terrible at clues.

Night angel did sound awful.  I think it was song choice.  Was it originally a rap song?  I was afraid that she was going to go home since the audience is tough on women and Zito sang an emotional song.  Glad he's the one that went home since I thought he should have been the one gone last week not Jackie.

Edited by realdancemom
  • Love 2

Oh god yes. Once the comparison was made that's all I can think when she's on screen. Note to show, please don't have a costume with an open mouth again.

The interwebs were saying Barry Zito weeks ago. So whatever the collective opinion of the other identities are, that's probably right. And I'm sure the judges are being told when to reveal their 'guesses'.

• Love 1

Ken being obsessed with JAG and having him stumble onto the right guess that way made a ton more sense than Jenny knowing who Miss Missouri was married to (or that Barry Zito wore number 75). I can't buy she knew either of those without googling.

When was the last time Robin guessed correctly and no one else did? He got Gronkowski, but I feel like he used to have a higher percentage of correct guesses, while Jenny's was lower, and now they've switched. Maybe that's perception.

It does feel like this show has been on for a million years. It took Survivor three fewer weeks to vote off seventeen people than it will take for this show to vote off fifteen. That's just wrong.

• Love 4

After the last few episodes, I'm becoming more certain that The Frog will win, which sucks. He's a good dancer and can entertain the crowd, but his singing is not good.  It's the Masked Singer, not the Masked Entertainer.  I thought he should have gone home weeks ago, I was ticked he even made it out of the groups.  I'm hoping for a Night Angel/Turtle finale, but I just know Frog is going to hop his way in instead.

• Love 2

Change my mind:  I think Jenny is fed the answers because she is usually all over the place and then when that person is leaving she just magically guesses the right answer.  I can't believe she even knew who Barry Zito is.

Nicole I believe because she worked with some of these people and recognizes them.

Ken is just funny...lol.

I don't like to look at Night Angel's mask.  It scares me.

• Love 4