Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E14: It All Boils Down to This

festivus
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Several times but the one that always sticks with me is the season when they gave a french press and coffee as the reward and poor Dreamz and Cassandra didn't know how to use it.  The rest of that triflin'-ass mean tribe just let them drink "coffee" full of grounds.  Fuck them forever.  Anywho, back to the question at hand--

What a shitty cast that season was.  Earl, Michelle, Yau, Cassandra, and Anthony were the only saving graces of that shitty season.  The majority of the cast was just there, but the shitty people that season were really shitty.  Much like Gabon.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, NYGirl said:

Jeff said Tony is the first 2 time winner.  I thought Sandra won twice.  Am I mis-remembering?

Forgive me but this particular title of two time winner is just not as "prestitgious" (lack of better words) because it was a season of winners. By default, that was gonna happen with the exception of Sandra of course.

• Love 15

Curious...Tony said that he had "mortgages" (plural) that he could now pay off. Makes me wonder if he borrowed money to invest in rental properties where tenants are not able to pay the rent now. Of course, it could be a summer cottage or something for his parents, too.

He was considerably less annoying this year and while he'll never be my favorite player, at least he's not in any way toxic like a Russell Hantz.

• Love 12

I think the 16 year olds are for the Survivor queue for the future. I can’t imagine what a 16 year old could bring to Survivor. I think their journey would be getting to the airport by themselves without any help. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I think the 16 year olds are for the Survivor queue for the future. I can’t imagine what a 16 year old could bring to Survivor. I think their journey would be getting to the airport by themselves without any help. 

I remember all the shit that CBS (I think it was CBS) got for having that Kid's Nation show on about a decade ago.  You would think they would learn their lesson (Granted they had really young kids on there, I think the youngest was seven or eight) from that.  Plus how would they get around the child labor laws.  I am no lawyer so if there is anyone who is or is knowledgeable in the law I would like to know if CBS could find a way around it.

• Love 4

It doesn't take place in the US so they could get around child labor laws (that's what Kid Nation did), but there are a whole host of problems with 16-17 year olds because of the way they sleep, potentially uncomfortable showmances ect. . . .

The fire challenge gave us another male winner this year.  There is no way that Tony would have gotten to the finals without the fire making challenge.  I think Sara would have voted out Tony.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I always found Natalie to be very much inline with the Karen internet meme.  She comes across as rude and self-entitled.  I would not shock me if she was one of those, "Can I speak to your manager?", type of people.

Edited by BK1978
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

I always found Natalie to be very much inline with the Karen internet meme.  She comes across as rude and self-entitled.  I would not be shock me if she was one of those, "Can I speak to your manager?", type of people.

I mentioned before that she looked pissed tonight once Probst went from reading her and Tony's names back and forth, to suddenly reading "Tony...Tony...Tony..."  I think she thought she had it.

Personally, I'm glad she didn't win, since Tyson at least voted for her based on friendship (per his SM), and Jeremy likely did, too.  I don't know about Parvati and Ethan.  I'm still surprised Michele got no votes.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Random thoughts:

I’m very happy and relieved at the outcome. Well deserved, you cagey lunatic. And I for one was delighted to see a final reprise of the Spy Nest.

This was one emotional finale. I was fighting back the tears on at least 3 occasions: Ethan describing his journey, Ben becoming the anti-reality star cliche by declaring he actually WAS here to make friends, Tony and Sarah bidding a bittersweet goodbye to their partnership. Cynics be damned, I thought all those moments were genuine and made me love them all (yes, even Ben). 

I also wanted to give Amber a hug for feeling her win was undeserved because fans decreed it so. I know that’s the consensus, but I still maintain that while she would not have won without Rob, he would not have made it to the end without HER. That was an equal co-win, and no one can convince me otherwise. Hold your head up, little lamb.

The 3 challenge advantages for Natalie on the comeback competition were a bit much, and really tarnished the victory for me, even as a Natalie fan. I know others caught up, but they were also more tired at that point from having to dig, etc. There should have been 1 advantage, max, to create an even playing field.

Wow, Nick really decided to lean into the vampire thing, didn’t he?

What the hell was that dead animal on top of Denise’s head? Did she pack that, or find it in the jungle on her way out of TC?

I felt bad for Michele that she didn’t receive even a single vote. That has to really undermine the self confidence she struggled to gain after her controversial win. And it’s ironic, because it felt like this time she actually deserved a few votes.

Natalie’s dagger eyes were a little scary. I guess she really thought she had the win. And why the boyfriend guest? Where was Twinnieeeeee? 

Disappointed in the total lack of reunion, even if it did allow for more gameplay to be shown. Why gather everyone on Zoom and show them all in their little boxes if it’s for a single 3-second shot? What was the point??

Next season... Survivor: Lord of the Flies Edition. Oh, joy. 

Twinieeeee was probably in quarantine with her baby. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

So did Probst say at the end that they are not only committed to a fall season, but for 16 year olds to apply?  It scared me more when he said they are looking at some fun ideas for the season.  Guess this really is the plan b.

2 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

And what is this crap about encouraging teenagers to apply? I’m not interested in Survivor Junior. I want to be able to openly snark on Survivor contestants guilt-free.

2 hours ago, wallflower75 said:

Yeah, seriously, WTF is up with that??  I'd ask "what parent is going to allow their child to go out into these conditions," but I know they're out there.  No.  Just...no.

2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I'm scared they will take a page from TAR and do a family edition.  Yes, I know we had Blood vs Water (twice), but in this case, we'll have little kids.  I hope that bringing out all the families this year for the loved ones visit didn't give them any ideas about doing tribes of families.

2 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

I wouldn't send my kid out there. Although it might be an all-relatives edition? and they're hoping for teen rebellion and more Ciera "I voted out my own mom" Eastins?

His direct quote from the end of the show:

“...and we’re committed to being on in the fall for that 41st season which means you should apply. Especially if you’re young! I’m talking teenagers..16...17...18...19.  Do it!  Cool parents and cool school, who knows?  It could happen.”

So I’m guessing that’s what they’re looking for. I don’t love the idea. I don’t want Survivor to turn in the oversexed Bachelor or Big Brother w/kids that have grown up seeing reality tv and the showmances. 

• Love 5

Well, that finale was about as satisfying as the year 2020. 

🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄

(I guess I would have voted for Michele because I'd probably play a game most similar to hers, and can't stand really strong/in-your-face personalities like Natalie and Tony). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

I don't even really know how to describe this so I hope someone saw this too and knows what I'm talking about. At the beginning when they had the EOE players racing around to get in, there's this shot of Jeremy lumbering past like he's sleepwalking, just completely in a trance. It made me really laugh for some reason.

The other laugh I had was when Rob was talking about something or other and his voice got super gravelly and almost into Mike Holloway territory. Speaking of which, Shut up Rob. Tony had an idol and then won immunity. Natalie couldn't have voted him out. She made him play for fire and put him up against a strong opponent. 

Final 3. I was really torn. I wanted a woman to win. I love Natalie and am so impressed with her, but don't love EOE so would've been mixed if she won. And I still... God help me... cannot stand Michele so I wasn't really wanting her to win. I found myself rooting for Sarah. Or Lacina if you will. I never really had a problem with her even with her swearing up and down and left and right Nat didn't have the idol. I really wanted Sarah to win fire (or for Nat to have chosen Sarah to sit with her.. maybe to thank her for voting off Ben). And thank goodness, Ben got out.

But I do get a kick out of Tony. He's played well and has so much fun doing it and after the last two horrible winners (and horrible final 3s), I found the win refreshing. But hopefully a woman (not a teenage girl) wins next season whenever that may be.

Interesting for Jeff to own up to some of his biases. I wonder if it'll stick.

6 minutes ago, Steph Sometimes said:

Edited by Steph Sometimes
  • Love 14

Wow, that ending really felt rushed. I don't understand why they couldn't do something with all the other survivors, they were able to get them all on screen, they could have talked to them too..

• Love 8

Dislike Tony and felt Natalie deserved the win.

Probst is such a douche... Lets have Survivor teens! Yeah, Peachy, let’s not. 

The finale is soooo much better without all the LIVE FROM LA bullshit.

• Love 8

Natalies poor social skills alienated a group of people on eoe otherwise she would have won.  Even though Michele didn’t get any votes  I think she can still hold her head pretty high getting to the end and she really shone a few times in the game.  And who would have won if Sarah had got to final three?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, endure said:

Natalies poor social skills alienated a group of people on eoe otherwise she would have won.  Even though Michele didn’t get any votes  I think she can still hold her head pretty high getting to the end and she really shone a few times in the game.  And who would have won if Sarah had got to final three?

I’m torn on the Sarah/Tony vote. I’m still thinking Tony wins but it’s a close one. Not a tie (is that even possible?) but very close.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I’m torn on the Sarah/Tony vote. I’m still thinking Tony wins but it’s a close one. Not a tie (is that even possible?) but very close.

That is a tough call because how could they point out who did what?  I guess people on the jury might be able to discern it, but they played very similar in terms of moves.  Tony had the Sophie vote out, Sarah had the Ben vote out.  Were those two votes the only votes where they were not on the same page?

• Love 1
(edited)

Wasn't there some stupid Fire Challenge a year or two ago where stupid teenagers were lighting their faces on fire because some assholes on TikTok told them to? And those teenagers were all, "Sure, if it'll get me Likes!" I mean, Jesus Christ, it did not occur to a single one of those idiot teenagers while they were dousing their faces with flammable liquid that, um, maybe this is not a good idea and maybe the Likes aren't worth it?

Are those teenagers really who we want to see competing on Survivor?

So, Tony won. Good for him. I have to admit he really did deserve to win based on his performance, and he did play a helluva game. I wish the editing had been better, but I've been saying that all season. It was really awful. 

All of Sarah's phony speeches and crocodile tears were all for nothing.

I really feel for Michele, though: left for dead week after week and managed to get to F3, hanging in there when no one was willing to work with her, except when it was convenient for them. I think she redeemed herself for her win, and showed that she's better than many gave her credit for. She really clawed her way all season, with very few advantages. And then, not a single vote?!?

And what the hell with gathering the rest of the cast for a 3-second wave to the camera? (Excuse me, I have to go delete "teens lighting faces on fire" from my history.)

Edited by HeShallBMySquishy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12

I was touting for Tony.  Yes he is manic and over the top, but he also seems like a genuine, nice guy and he played hard.  

But I still have to rank Sandra above him in the Survivor hierarchy.   He played against a bunch of former winners.   Someone was going to become a two time winner.  Sandra was the first and only former winner to win against newbies/former players who were not winners.  Usually former winners were targeted and went out early.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I'm glad Tony won: it was either him or Sarah. There's no way Natalie should have won. I now even hold Parvati, Tyson, and Jeremy's strategic aptitude suspect: they voted for Natalie! (Not sure Ethan, as nice as he is, ever had that much strategy.) Sure, Queen of Extinction, she stayed there the longest.

Natalie started at the finish line in the battle-back challenge, but barely won. She did not break up the Tony, Sarah, Ben alliance: Sarah did. If Ben doesn't fall on his sword, Natalie might not even be at the FTC. Rob was right: she didn't play the perfect game, she was voted out first.

I was rooting for Tony to get a perfect game: no tribal votes and every final vote. He came close.

Never will I ever watch another EOE edition of Survivor (although I hope to watch another season someday). EOE is the worst twist ever. There have been 37 worthy winners (give or take Bob): this I believe.

• Love 17
(edited)

I'm glad no one voted for Michelle as a reward for being on the bottom week after week, never able to form an alliance after wasting the first half of the game flirting with Wendell,  never aware of what's happening enough to be on the right side of the vote, just strung along as a goat and continuously whining about it all. She did come though on some  challenges but then ruined it  with hip wiggling and gloating.

I had wanted Natalie to win until I heard  that she didn't speak to anyone on EoE the last few days, or the first days in the game.   A social game that bad can't be overcome, no matter how amazing she was at challenges.

I'm glad Tony won.  I would have been fine with Sarah winning, too.  The fire challenge is such an awful way to go out, so much of it is luck, literally dependent on which way the wind blows.

I hope the show is happy now after having all their favorites on at once.  For me it was the worst season ever, because I think the premise and fascination of the  of the game is  setting a group of strangers down together and seeing how they manage to get along.  That is the social experiment  Jeff talks about and and if they already know each other, it's  just a pointless All Stars show. 

Edge of Extinction also messes with the game basics, making "the tribe has spoken" meaningless  The tokens were confusing and Natalie coming back with all those advantages at once, pointed out how silly it could become.

So I'm dreaming that they will return to normal play soon.  After they get done starving growing teenagers to death, something I refuse to watch.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, Steph Sometimes said:

I don't even really know how to describe this so I hope someone saw this too and knows what I'm talking about. At the beginning when they had the EOE players racing around to get in, there's this shot of Jeremy lumbering past like he's sleepwalking, just completely in a trance. It made me really laugh for some reason.

I saw that, and it amused me greatly because Jeff had just said one of his typical challenge comments about how "everyone is scrambling to win it!" - cut immediately to Jeremy strolling past the observing players, fiddling with his bag. I don't know why they did that, but I chuckled. It fit in so perfectly with Jeremy's brand of "I'm just so very tired of this b.s."

Overall, I liked it. Random thoughts:

In a different year and emotional state the "farewell" speeches from the Ponderosa crew might have set differently, but these folks are about the only family I have regular "contact" with these days. Yes, I am a pathetic lonely man. Like Randy from Gabon, but sadder.

Everyone got sort of a genial edit this time. Throughout the season that's been a bit of a let down as they didn't have villains and idiots and Nick/Adam looking a little silly was about as mean as it got. But it worked for the right now, because it supports their brand if everyone is shown to be competent/decent in some way.

I'm not a huge Adam fan, but I have to smile when I see him geeking out about Survivor like a superfan watching at home. I would actually like to see him brought in to host some segments about the show with an eye to maybe being the new Jeff someday.

Michelle on that stacking puzzle...no one else looked to be even in it. That was a good moment for her and good focus by the team to show her having obvious strengths in the game. I am sort of surprised she didn't get votes, but also not? Juries tend to be herd animals these days (esp Edge) and Tony was strong.

I'm not sold that Natalie should have Underwooded and tried to take Tony out in fire. Just on risk analysis, she was guaranteed one more position by keeping the necklace on. But I have no idea if she is any good at fire or could do it quickly under pressure. Yeah, it might seal the win if she beats him, but even then, she still has his partner Sarah sitting there and he and Ben have a day or two to sell Sarah to the jury. I just don't think it's as clear as "beat Tony, win it all."

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

So proud of fellow Greek Tony for winning and becoming the King of Survivor. Sygharitiria!!!! GZZZ!!!!

How embarassing for Michelle, not even her ex voted for her LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Survivor 40:  The one where Probst hosts the finale from his garage.  I did not miss the reunion.  (I did miss Ponderosa.)

That first hour was nuts.  Sarah was so obnoxious with her insistence that Nat did not have an idol and her delusion that she was in charge.  If this show has proven anything it's that Tony's gut instinct is usually correct.  Hilarious that the spy nest finally paid off for him.  That first tribal council was bonkers, with the idols flying around.  Too bad Nat and Michele picked the wrong target, but as it turned out it didn't matter.  WTF was with Ben quitting before the second TC?  It was more important to him to have friends than to continue competing for the $2mill?  Where did that come from?  

Tony's win was satisfying and expected.  He was obviously the one who never rested and kept his eye on the prize.  Well deserved.  I'm glad Nat got a few votes since she scrapped her way back into the game and ensured her place in the F3, certainly the person beside Tony that worked the hardest.  I'd have hated seeing another EoE winner though.  As much as I admire Nat's drive and strength I still feel once the tribe has spoken, you are gone. 

Michele, if your only appeal to the jury is that you survived being on the bottom the whole time, you aren't going to win.  If no one liked you in camp they aren't going to like you any better from the jury.  (Many of those people surely felt they were more deserving of her seat.)

8 hours ago, LanceM said:

Can I just say for the whatever season in a row it is now that we have had the fire challenge that it totally sucks and ruins the end game.  

It's better than drawing rocks.  I don't know what else they can do with a 2-2 tie.

5 hours ago, Steph Sometimes said:

Speaking of which, Shut up Rob. Tony had an idol and then won immunity. Natalie couldn't have voted him out. She made him play for fire and put him up against a strong opponent. 

Right?  Was Rob saying Nat should have done the fire challenge herself?  (And if she'd lost he would have said that was stupid.)  There was no way to vote Tony out.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Speaking of Sarah, I was shocked that Ben just quit the show for her and Tony was crying buckets about her leaving. Sarah was maybe my least favorite all season -- she shadowed Tony and seemed snotty and entitled. There must have been something appealing about her that we didn't see.

I have come to the conclusion that Sarah, being a cop, has learnt to separate what she says from what she looks. I mean, a cop should be able to hide their true feelings and make bluffs. I think what she does is, she is friends with everyone and cares for them, but her face shows no emotion. She may very well tell someone "I love you, you are my favorite person" and her face seems indifferent and void. That's why we as an audience don't understand why people love her that much.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I remember all the shit that CBS (I think it was CBS) got for having that Kid's Nation show on about a decade ago.  You would think they would learn their lesson (Granted they had really young kids on there, I think the youngest was seven or eight) from that.  Plus how would they get around the child labor laws.  I am no lawyer so if there is anyone who is or is knowledgeable in the law I would like to know if CBS could find a way around it.

Loved KID NATION..I remember there was a little girl who was a breakout star.

A .second season would have been welcomed! Cancelled too soon. PIRATE ISLAND (or whatever it was called) was crap and only created because CBS thought it was cool when their beloved Rupert acted like a pirate so they built a whole show around it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

I'm glad no one voted for Michelle as a reward for being on the bottom week after week, never able to form an alliance after wasting the first half of the game flirting with Wendell,  never aware of what's happening enough to be on the right side of the vote, just strung along as a goat and continuously whining about it all. She did come though on some  challenges but then ruined it  with hip wiggling and gloating.

I had wanted Natalie to win until I heard  that she didn't speak to anyone on EoE the last few days, or the first days in the game.   A social game that bad can't be overcome, no matter how amazing she was at challenges.

I'm glad Tony won.  I would have been fine with Sarah winning, too.  The fire challenge is such an awful way to go out, so much of it is luck, literally dependent on which way the wind blows.

I hope the show is happy now after having all their favorites on at once.  For me it was the worst season ever, because I think the premise and fascination of the  of the game is  setting a group of strangers down together and seeing how they manage to get along.  That is the social experiment  Jeff talks about and and if they already know each other, it's  just a pointless All Stars show. 

Edge of Extinction also messes with the game basics, making "the tribe has spoken" meaningless  The tokens were confusing and Natalie coming back with all those advantages at once, pointed out how silly it could become.

So I'm dreaming that they will return to normal play soon.  After they get done starving growing teenagers to death, something I refuse to watch.

Im so glad you wrote this. Watching her interactions with Wendell to me made her look so ridiculous and after that point she was a total irritant to me..im sorry that not receeiving any votes probably killed any self esteem she had, but soooo happy she did not win.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Since Tony was my second choice winner and my first choice wasn't even in the F4 I'm OK with the outcome.  The fire challenge was one of the better that they've had; very surprised and a little nervous when Sarah's flames suddenly shot up and her thread started to glow a bit (only for the whole thing to die down a few seconds later but still).

I felt like a little too much of a Survivor geek when they showed the final challenge from above and the minute I saw curved metal, even from that distance, I said out loud "Oh I love this challenge, it's one of my favorites".   I feel like I should not know that much about the game to recognize the ball chute challenge that quickly.  On the other hand I really want to try it someday, when the stakes aren't as high as being voted off and losing a ton of money it looks really fun.

I liked the longer game portion they had on much more than the traditional 2 hr finale with a 1 hr reunion especially since Jeff didn't break in to commentate live every 15 minutes like he usually does.  Maybe TPTB can learn from this and tweak their finals a bit to focus more on the show and contestants on the island and less on the live stage parts.

Might be a controversial opinion but I liked the fire tokens, I know Natalie getting a ton of them skewed the final challenge toward her but she was right in her final tribal when she said getting those by sending people advantages and disadvantages was her way of staying in the game and manipulating things as much as she could.  Despite that though I would love to see the next Survivor theme be something like "Back To Basics".   No tokens, no extinction, less HII and harder to find,  take it back to the way things were S1 to maybe S5 or S6, get a new group of players and see how they manage when they don't get all the advantages they're used to seeing from the past ten seasons or so.   Except for one thing - that idol hidden in plain sight like on the front of Jeff's little podium; if Adam had been right that would have been a brilliant move, they really need to find a way to sneak that in somehow just for fun.

• Love 5

I’ve watched every season, so I get why they loooove asking the players about their “journeys” and all that, but god I just do not care. I want to see challenges and strategy sessions and camp dynamics, I’ve always hated the waterworks stuff even from players I love. Again, I get it and I’m not trying to be all hard lol, it just doesn’t move me or interest me. 

I was rooting for Twinnie to win because I’ve always adored her, but I can’t really argue with Tony having played the best, most complete game. When you don’t get a single vote against you all season, you are doing something very right. 

And Ben? I will never understand scrambling that hard all season to get to the end and then just quitting and throwing away your family’s chance at $2 million. For friendship? There’s no way I buy that. I hope we never have to see him and his pubic hair beard again. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

WTF was with Ben quitting before the second TC?  It was more important to him to have friends than to continue competing for the $2mill?  Where did that come from?

I feel like they foreshadowed this in the previous episode when Ben got hit with the challenge disadvantage. He commented kind of wistfully/regretfully on how he had yet to be offered any advantages or bequeathed any fire tokens and speculated on what that meant for his standing in people's eyes. I think that sort of thing can weigh on you in that environment (or even in regular life), and when you add in his comments about how he charged through his first season without much regard to the people...I get it. And whether I agreed with it or not, his and Sarah's reactions both together and in private worked for me.

22 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

The fire challenge was one of the better that they've had; very surprised and a little nervous when Sarah's flames suddenly shot up and her thread started to glow a bit (only for the whole thing to die down a few seconds later but still).

I especially enjoyed Parvati's rapt delight while watching the fire-making, remembering the interminable dud she had to sit through in Cook Islands.

(edited)

I'm so tired of Rob Mariano and I hope we never have to see him ever again.  First off, he looks OLD, fat and tired.  I don't see him being competitive in physical challenges much.  Out of all the jury members, he appeared to be the most bitter and he was downright hostile to Natalie.  He clearly was going to vote for Tony and he did his best to sabotage her by asking her why she didn't choose to give up her immunity and make fire to take out Tony.  What a dick. 

Just because Chris Underwood did it doesn't mean that she needed to.  She was in a very different position than Chris.  She had demonstrated that she was very active on the Edge, she sent lots of advantages to people in the game which enabled her to get advantages that helped her win the returnee competition.  She had two idols and then she won the final immunity challenge.  If she didn't feel confident in her fire making against Tony, why would she have given up a shot at final tribal?  I thought Natalie gave a great answer... her goal was to break up the tight group of four.  And she did that.  She whittled them down to just one person.

Then Rob goes and criticizes her for not talking to people on the Edge during the last week.  We didn't see as much of this, but she said something about how she was finding advantages and she didn't want to share.  I doubt she would have gotten Rob's vote regardless... he was just bitter that he wasn't the returnee and I hate that he clearly rallied others against her.

9 hours ago, Shadow Wave said:

Curious...Tony said that he had "mortgages" (plural) that he could now pay off. Makes me wonder if he borrowed money to invest in rental properties where tenants are not able to pay the rent now. Of course, it could be a summer cottage or something for his parents, too.

I heard that too... I thought he came across really poorly there.  First off, what a horrible question from Jeffy.  "You just won two million dollars, what does it mean to you?"  WTF do you think it means, Jeffy?  It's as bad a question as "What does having your loved one with you here right now mean to you?"  However, Tony has had a few months to think about it.  He must have thought he had a pretty good chance to win and thought about what he would do with the money.

Then he goes and says something like "well during these times of COVID-19, people are losing their jobs and worried about putting food on the table.  But I'm so glad that's not me because now I can pay off my mortgages and feel like my family is financially secure."  Yes, it's his money, and nobody has a right to tell him what to do with it, but why mention people who lost jobs and are worried about having no money but in the same sentence talk about how happy he isn't one of them?  He just came across as really selfish and unaware and out of touch.  If this had been a live reunion show, I bet Sia would have given out her "most entertaining" prize to Tony but she also would have announced a big charitable donation to vaccine/relief efforts.

9 hours ago, AntFTW said:

How is it that Michele got ZERO votes? She has the ultimate underdog story. Playing from the bottom the ENTIRE TIME and survived to the end!

Tony winning? I mean.. duh!

I love Natalie but she needed to make a bigger splash when she came back. She basically needed to blow up camp and cause all types of chaos to throw off the Tony-Sarah-Ben-Denise alliance but she didn't really do that, even though she made it to the end.

I feel like Michelle got zero votes because it's like she said... she didn't work hard enough to get into a good alliance at the beginning.  She was trying to just play nice with everyone, then she became the odd one out.  She didn't have enough bonds with anyone.  Not even Nick, probably her closest ally.

Someone mentioned that Michelle seemed to take her zero votes well... I'm not so sure.  As the votes were being read, alternating between Tony and Natalie and it became obvious that she was getting zero votes, she looked a little sad and leaned back into a hug from her sister.

As for Natalie, what other bigger splash would you have expected?  She made a huge splash.  It was obvious that she wasn't going to be able to break up the four, but she came back with a target on her back and made the most of it.  She moved to ally herself with Michelle.  She had an idol and was safe.  The only thing wrong was that they didn't consider that any of them would have idols.  She found the last idol and made herself safe at final five.  She and Michelle worked Sarah and got Sarah to flip and vote out Ben.  This was even after Sarah told Tony about Natalie's idol.  I don't think Natalie got enough credit for doing that.  Then she won the final immunity challenge and got herself into the final three.

Her two idols and convincing Sarah to flip got her to the end.  In addition, when she listed out all of the advantages/disadvantages she had found on Extinction that she had given to others... there were like five or six of them.  I thought she made a good case for herself

4 hours ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

All of Sarah's phony speeches and crocodile tears were all for nothing.

Those tears are one of the reasons why I despise her so much.  She's such a fake person.  She was clearly pandering to the jury when she cried about how "it's so hard to be a woman" and then went on about her journey and how she finally feels like it's ok to be her and not feel bad about winning the game last time she played.  She was obviously gunning for the win when she voted out Ben.  I still don't get why Ben told her it was ok.  The three of them could have easily voted out Michelle and attempted to get to the end.  But she selfishly wanted to get credit for "making a move" and voting out one of her closest allies because she knew she wouldn't win if she was sitting next to Tony.

Then for her to sit there and sob about how much she loves Tony and how it was so hard to go up against him in fire?  Whatever.  Go piss up a rope.  She clearly wanted to beat him otherwise she wouldn't have voted out Ben.  Hate her.

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

But I still have to rank Sandra above him in the Survivor hierarchy.   He played against a bunch of former winners.   Someone was going to become a two time winner.  Sandra was the first and only former winner to win against newbies/former players who were not winners.  Usually former winners were targeted and went out early.  

I don't agree... I would say that Tony's win is more impressive that Sandra's precisely because everyone he played against had already won the game before.  They all knew what it took to win the game and had better strategy than the typical returning player.  With Sandra's win, there's a reason why some of those people were not successful in their earlier appearances... I mean, there was some clear fodder there like Randy and Courtney and Coach and James Clement.  And she won the game the same way she won the first time... by sucking at challenges and making herself seem like a passive non-threat.  Tony's win to me is more impressive because it was clearly an active and aggressive game.  Everybody knew it and yet they never tried to vote him out.

I'm so tired of Sandra and her "Queen Stays Queen" mantra.  Is she saying she's still Queen because the winner was a man and not a woman?  Or is she saying she's still Queen just because she's always going to be Queen?  The Queen was the only one here who actually quit the game.  So I would say the Queen has abdicated.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, skybolt said:

Next season of Survivor.....bong bong!

miri.JPG

Haha.  I would completely not be at all surprised if Season 41 is Rob Mariano, Amber Mariano and the rest all 16 year olds.  "Rob and Amber pitted against each other, leading their tribes."  Anything for another excuse to hand money to Rob Mariano.

"With COVID-19, we just didn't have enough time to adequately prepare a season and we couldn't get enough adult players interested in leaving home during these times, but Rob and Amber Mariano answered the call!  And we got a bunch of teens who are sick of e-learning and wanted to get out of the house and spend some time with these two Survivor legends!"

Don't laugh.  It could easily happen.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Interesting quote form Michele in an ET interview....

""I knew that Adam, Nick, Wendell, and Danni were actually on the cusp of voting for me, and they voted for Tony. And I've talked to them about this post-game. They all, as soon as the votes were read, and they came to me and they told me that there was a situation that Natalie could have potentially won. So instead, they sided with Tony, just to make sure that the right person won the season."

• Love 4

Tony deserved to win. In my mind, I don’t see how that’s even a question. Survivor has never been about pure physical dominance, and that is all Natalie brought to the game. 

Also, if I’m not mistaken, almost every player said they hated the edge twisted before playing this game, so I was fairly confident the returning player wasn’t going to win. 

I’m shocked it wasn’t a unanimous vote for Tony, and I hope the four that voted for Natalie did so to ensure she got the second place money because they respected her more than Michelle, not because they actually thought Natalie deserved to win over Tony. 

Tony played a near perfect game, and he played it with a ton of heart this season. I realized as I watched the finale that I was celebrating a little each time Tony got another step closer. 

• Love 9

I am overall very satisfied with the season.   It was entertaining.  I had Tony pegged early on when NO ONE seemed to be interested in voting him out.  I'm not a fan of everyone having an idol and an advantage all the time, but there were still enough twists to keep me entertained.  I did miss the Ponderosa videos.

I am not an old-school, from day one, Survivor fan.  I came in kind of late.  Like many others, last season left me kind of feeling ooky.  Had this not been a winners season, I likely would have bowed out after last season.  Now having seen this, I think it's a perfect bookend to my Survivor experience.  Go out on a high and all that.  There will be enough time between this season and the next, I don't think I'll feel the pull I would otherwise.  I think I can step away.  Time will only tell.  I do know, the idea of 16yos absolutely puts me off.  Blech.  They come up with a season of all 60yos, then you'll have my attention.  lol

It's been fun all.  Watch or not, I'll probably still lurk around a bit.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

I think I would have voted for Michelle.

I know I would have. I just much prefer that type of game/personality to Tony/Natalie's.

1 hour ago, blackwing said:

First off, [Rob] looks OLD, fat and tired.

I rolled! Thank you for that!

Well, the season started off with a whimper, had a few great eps, and then ended with a whimper. 

I turned it off after the votes were read so I missed that they may be allowing 16 year olds to play now. I already thought maybe they should just end the show but now I'm sure I think that lol.

The only part of the show that truly entertained me was the fact that Jeremy only just barely cracked a smile once the entire 3 hours. Same, Jeremy! 

Oh, also, watching Sarah lose was fun.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

Interesting quote form Michele in an ET interview....

""I knew that Adam, Nick, Wendell, and Danni were actually on the cusp of voting for me, and they voted for Tony. And I've talked to them about this post-game. They all, as soon as the votes were read, and they came to me and they told me that there was a situation that Natalie could have potentially won. So instead, they sided with Tony, just to make sure that the right person won the season."

Hmmm.  Just seems like a spin job, that they felt bad for her.  Tony won 12-4.  If they had voted for Michelle, it would have been 8-4-4.  So I don't get how she thinks "they" are saying that Natalie could have gotten 2 or 3 additional votes out of all the people she supposedly alienated during the last week at the Edge.

And it kind of sucks that if this is true, that those 4 were voting AGAINST Natalie and not for who they really thought played the best game.  Kind of sad, you would think former winners would have been above the pettiness.  "Oh Natalie made it back in, she doesn't deserve to win because she was on the Edge.  But if I had been the one to make it back in, of course I would deserve the win!  I clawed my way back in and never gave up!"  Those four are such hypocrites.  Just seems like sour grapes.

I never watched the season that this Danni person was on, and she kind of didn't get any airtime at all.  When they showed her onscreen last night for five seconds, my kids and I instantly went "YEEEEEECH!"  Looks like Caitlyn Jenner with even more overinflated lips.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Unfortunately I was spoiled a few weeks ago when I visited the homepage of another forum and it had spoiler threads on it.

A few initial thoughts.

Probst wanted to hype the season as best ever because it was all winners, not for any other reason.  It somehow makes him champion the show in his own eyes by saying all the best won.

Natalie getting three advantages in the return challenge was pretty ridiculous.  The challenge itself should have ended on a really tough puzzle, instead it finished with a relatively simple task.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

Natalie getting three advantages in the return challenge was pretty ridiculous.  

And she still almost lost lol.

Oh, I remember something very annoying. I mean, there were tons of annoying things but anyway ... Amber saying she only came for Rob. Fuck off! And I was really excited to see her again. Whatever, it seems like she ended up taking Tina's place and I don't care to see Tina again anyway so I guess it's no loss.

• Love 5

I was ok with Tony winning. He played hard and the EOE thing makes it hard to 100% root for Natalie, although she was really amazing

As for Sara--I've never disliked her and I was fine when she won her season. I felt she played very passive this season with respect to Tony. If the goal is to win, she needed to think about how to beat him. Why did she lure Natalie over to the spy nest? no spying was needed. Sara was there to hear every word. Why let Tony in on all of it? A smarter play was to realize (a) the fact that Tony wants to hear it indicates he doesn't fully trust you and (b) information is power. Why not have a separate conversation with Natalie? and tell Tony you tried but she just wouldn't go over there for water. . . and then you control what information Tony gets? The spynest did not help their alliance--it only helped Tony and boxed Sara in. If she keeps the info to herself she decides what to share. She was giving Tony all of the power when she facilitated the nest. In certain situations (earlier in the game), it made sense to build trust. At the end, when you know 2 people cannot win the game, it does not.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

I was rooting for Natalie but I can live with Tony because HE ISN'T SARAH LACINA.

God what an ego. I loathe her and watching her realize Tony was right was the highlight of the episode. I only wish she would have left right then and there. 

Ben you suck. Denise still had some fight in her, why couldn't you fall on your sword earlier. You simply suck.

Loved Michelle completing that puzzle in a hot minute. Wish she had gotten at least one vote.

The spy nest was such bullshit. Sarah could have simply told Tony what Natalie had said. I was wishing he fell out on his ass. I do appreciate that he didn't have a "journey", he just wanted a fat bank account.

Oh well now Sarah can go back to working the mean streets of Cedar Rapids. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 12