Type keyword(s) to search

S40.E14: It All Boils Down to This LIVE CHAT

festivus
  • Start Topic

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

I mean, they never said that Survivor HAS to mean surviving on an ISLAND.

They are missing a golden opportunity to do a Survivor themed Big Brother season.  The luxuries they get on Survivor are better than Big Brother.  Big Brother gets ants in the house, the castaways are use to live with creepy crawlers.  And by the end of their 3 months, the house resembles the island the castaways live on.  Look at the money they can save.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

I like Natalie, but I really hope she doesn't end up making it to the end and winning.  I hope a season of winners does better than to vote for the person they spent the most time with.

But considering it was close with her and Wendell, I'm glad she got it.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 5

Listen...I may be a Grinch, but I just find it incredibly sad that Tyson says that Survivor is basically all that he knows.

Also...he just said that his family is a REPLACEMENT for Survivor?

Yikes.

• Love 9

So we have Michele on the outs, Natalie who doesn't have any real loyalty to anyone in the game, and the alliance of Sarah/Ben/Tony/Denise (I think).  Easy pickings or will Natalie be able to do some damage?

• Love 1
(edited)

Aww...dang.  I will say this about Amber--if I remember right, Shii Ann voted for her because she felt she'd played the better game over Rob, right?  So maybe three people voted for her over Rob because they hated him more, but one person felt she deserved it. And that, ultimately, was the vote that put her over the edge.

I found it interesting that the camera panned to Michele when Amber said that people have been saying she didn't deserve to win.

Edited by wallflower75
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I mean, they never said that Survivor HAS to mean surviving on an ISLAND.

Starting Season 1 getting "voted off the island" became a catch phrase, but some of the best seasons were on the mainland.  (Australia, Kenya come to mind)

• Love 6
Just now, vb68 said:

Amber says what we all knew from the beginning.

I've heard that the original theme for this season was not winners, and that other former contestants were actually on deck to come out and play.  So I'm wondering, since it seemed like Rob literally decided at the last minute to return (and probably some others, too), that they ended up changing their minds once they got the winners they wanted.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I can't complain about this extra-long segment because Jeff is talking to the Old Schoolers, who never got a real chance to play the game, and I like hearing about their thoughts over the last 10-20 years.

This is way better than the loved ones segment this time around.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Listen...I may be a Grinch, but I just find it incredibly sad that Tyson says that Survivor is basically all that he knows.

Also...he just said that his family is a REPLACEMENT for Survivor?

Yikes.

That may explain why when his wife and daughter came out for the family visit, it was the least emotional of the bunch.  I thought that dynamic was weird.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

Well I would hope so, seeing as she's been married to the man for 15 years and has four children with him. 

well yeah but you know how old married often are jaded with each other. Amber still seems in love.

• Love 3

Dang, Michele is an emotional mess over on the bench.

So who do we think we'll be back in a future season of those on the EOE?  Wendell, Adam, Rob (if he wants to), Tyson, Parvati (if she wants to) would be my top picks.

We're not going to hear from Probst until the votes are read?  Wow, he's really over this season, isn't he.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Dang, Michele is an emotional mess over on the bench.

So who do we think we'll be back in a future season of those on the EOE?  Wendell, Adam, Rob (if he wants to), Tyson, Parvati (if she wants to) would be my top picks.

We're not going to hear from Probst until the votes are read?  Wow, he's really over this season, isn't he.

Could this mean that the winner is not Jeff-approved???

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

So we have Michele on the outs, Natalie who doesn't have any real loyalty to anyone in the game, and the alliance of Sarah/Ben/Tony/Denise (I think).  Easy pickings or will Natalie be able to do some damage?

Tony, three morons, Natalie and michelle 

25 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

If I'm right (and not counting this season): Natalie, Adam, Ben, Yul, Danni, Wendell, Sophie, Kim, Denise, Michele, Nick (One)

Amber, Tony, Sarah, Jeremy, Ethan (Two)

Tyson, Parvati (Three)

Sandra (Four)*

Rob (Five)*-technically Rob/Sandra didn't play S39, but they did appear all season, so I'm counting it.

Thanks!    

Seriously, I gotta go back to Jeff's Garage. His team could afford to send him three cameras but they couldn't set him up with better mics? Because it seems like he's just using the cameras to record the sound. Not that I know much about audio, but I'd assume something like a boom mic or some other sort of mic would do the trick in making his sound better.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 minute ago, Growsonwalls said:

Michael Skupin not part of this "weird family"? 

Chained up in the basement with Varner and “Feely Dan.”

ETA: Just checked the schedule. This is officially a three-hour block.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

well yeah but you know how old married often are jaded with each other. Amber still seems in love.

And he with her. 

• Love 4