Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Let the Mouse Go!

• Start Topic

(edited)
11 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

@LibertarianSlut I don’t know your age  but I’m 40 and Denise Richards was very much an it girl. Guys swooned over her. They don’t have huge resumes but Carmen Electra and Jenny McCarthy had the same effect.  When she says  “I’m Denise Richards” it makes sense to me. Mind you she’s smart enough not to say that to Meryl Streep but she’s keeping this c list folk in check. 

Oh, ok, yeah, I am in the same age range and I remember a kid in my class saying that Denise Richards was hot, and everyone in the class started laughing at his timing.  I also agree that I would put her in the same category as Carmen Electra and Jenny McCarthy.  I’d put Denise in between those two, as Carmen Electra sort of fell off the face of the earth, and Jenny McCarthy is still going around doing noteworthy projects, or at least she was until she was on The View up until a few years ago.  I’ve also seen Jenny’s reality show, and I love her. 

Having said that, I would still find it comical if, in 2019, any of those women used their “star” status against someone.  I just find it very funny, in sort of a Hotwives of Orlando train wreck way.  They all either peaked in the nineties or the early aughts.  Unless one is a legend, as opposed to spank bank material for young men, I just don’t think that gets said, regardless of the audience.  

If any of the women rested on the laurels of a career that peaked two decades ago, I would have a problem with that aspect of their personalities; it’s not personal to Denise.  

It kind of reminds me of that Married With Children episode where Al and Peg were so impressed that they met the man who shook hands with Andy Griffith.

I’m more of the Janet Jackson school of, “what have you done for me lately?”  I knew Denise’s name when she came on the show, I just didn’t see why she would be important.  She sits in the same category as Lisa Rinna to me on that one—we all know who you are, but what are you doing right now that you can name-drop your own name?  That’s Ariana Grande territory right there.  

I also think it’s probably a bad deal for Denise to name-drop her own name when she doesn’t have what she once had—I always looked at her as someone who was beautiful, and if I had any time to think about it, I’d think she had a ton of money.  I would never think about her acting performances as something great, and I think that most people would agree on that.  And now she’s on a soap opera and doing Lifetime and Hallmark movies.  To me, that’s c-list or d-list.   

Now she’s on a show where her looks have taken a significant turn south, so she’s got major competition there, and she appears to be the poorest Housewife.  She brags about not being a gold-digging whore, and as a result, she doesn’t have a lot of money, and she rents what is probably the most modest home on the show.   At least if it were Jenny McCarthy, she still looks great and she has a sick house and a husband who doesn’t think he’s being followed. 

The last thing I will say—I never thought I would be writing this much about Denise Richards, just like I never thought I’d write so much about LVP last season—is that, now that it’s been two days since Kyle and Denise argued about Denise’s glam, and I’ve had time to think about it, I  don’t think Denise was being very honest about her situation.  Her whole schtick last season was how down to earth she was and how she wears jeans and raises kids and everyone was falling all over themselves praising her for being the normal one.  I remember when they went to the Bahamas and she was wearing what looked like a really cute pajama set on the balcony when the other women were dressed to the nines, and Denise made that face that I’m sure she finds super endearing and said, “I thought this was dressed up.”  She’s the gal who, when her daughter asked her if she could wear sneakers to her wedding, Denise responded, “I don’t give a shit.”  

I think last season’s Denise was trying to cultivate that image on purpose, and now if she’s turning it around, and someone asks her a question or makes a comment on it, she gets super defensive, because she knows she’s departing from type.  I don’t care if Denise is glam, not glam, or going to a poetry slam, but she seems to be taking this glam thing almost as seriously as Kyle, and I think there’s a little bit of embarrassment surrounding that, because that’s not the person who won over viewers last season.  

If Denise was cool and laid-back and she was just glam because she was coming from shooting something sometimes, I don’t know why she wouldn’t just say that to Kyle’s question and make Kyle look foolish and petty.  To get so defensive and lash out tells me there’s something more there, like perhaps Bravo told her to amp up her image.  (I read that Bravo told her to lose 15 lbs last season, so it’s not like they’re above those machinations).

At least with Teddi, she was like, “I have no idea how to dress,” she got help, and she found her own style with no ego.  Denise seems to be struggling a bit with how she wants to portray herself, and I think that’s where the name-dropping her own name, along with a bunch of curses came in.  It read to me like, “I’m Denise Richards, so who are you to question my choices,” which seems very pompous to me.  Because I think the answer to that question is, “I’m your co-star, and it’s my job to question those choices” (albeit in a better way, of course).  

So I completely acknowledge that Denise was/still is somewhat famous—I’ve never said otherwise—but I’m not bowled over by her at this point in time.  When she starts to get nasty, I think it’s borne out of something else—usually insecurity or frustration—and I don’t find her to be a joy.  Given what we’ve seen of her husband’s insane ramblings, and her defense of him, I think things are going to happen over time to magnify that, so we’ll see.  Maybe I’m wrong, and she’s the sweetest person ever and this is all just a blip, and she is just having her second season hiccup that happens to almost all of the Housewives.  I’ll Watch What Happens.  Whenever a Housewife proves my opinions about them wrong, I’m happy to admit it.  But it will have to be something forward-looking that gets me to change my opinion about her.  There’s nothing about her past that makes her better than these women IMO.  I think I’ll leave it there about Denise.  

Edited by LibertarianSlut
One more thought
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Just wondering: why does Lisa call her mother by her first name? 

There was one shot in which I thought I saw Kyle’s nipple. Yikes. She looks so much better in the TH without bangs.

Dorit’s braid was ridiculously long and stupid-looking. 

She seems angry this season, angry, insecure and possibly jealous of Denise and Dorit. 

Lisa strikes me as a big time narcissistic mother. 

My husband called his Grandmother by her first name ever since he was little, they though it was cute so he kept doing it.

• Love 2

She wasn't acting like Yo, I'm Denise Effing Richards out the gate, far from it. She was exceedingly mellow until she decided she'd had enough of being talked down to. That was her reaction to some condescending behavior.

If this show is about shitty tactics and reacting to shitty tactics then Paris Hilton's dim-witted, klutzy, insecure aunt has met her match and the game is on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 19
23 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I looked up Buca di Beppo - it looks like it's a franchise similar to a smaller version of Olive Garden or Maggiano's??  Glad I live in NJ, where there are literally hundreds of amazing Italian restaurants all over the state.  

That’s what it is. Maggiano’s is tolerable. Buca is not. It’s so cheesy. The name translates to Joe’s basement. I thankfully don’t know anyone’s basement that is mike that. Lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Meh. Legal drinking age in most Canadian provinces is 19 (18 in Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec) so it didn't raise my eyebrows any. I know legal age out there is 21 and lemme tell you, it suuuucked having to wait the extra two years to go to Vegas to party but I also don't think those two years make a lot of difference. I'm more concerned that it's the same kid who had to come running home from New York because of her severe anxiety - alcohol is definitely not a coping method for that. 

I am not clutching my pearls because the daughter wanted a drink, I started drinking at 14... but to say to your mom, "I need a fucking drink!" and for Rinna to not bat an eye.  That sounds like you said, she is dying for a drink as a coping mechanism.  This is the girl that ran home because living away from her parents is too difficult for her, due to anxiety.  NEEDING a drink is not a good sign.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
23 hours ago, Mar said:

Is Garcelle going to become at all integrated into the show? I keep forgetting that she’s a member of the cast

I know. I like her but she seems to be in this far less than Sutton who is just "friend of."  She needs to learn that she needs to invite these girls to the birthday party for her twins---or at least a shadow birthday party that they can blow up.  That's how it works. 

22 hours ago, Mar said:

She is trying sooo hard to make Lois “happen”, just like she tries with her daughters. Do I remember correctly that she said that Lois is a legend? A legend in your own mind, Lisa

She tries to make her daughter's happen but I think Lois is pretty awesome on her own.  She's a sharp, active 91 year old who has been funny on this show and survived a serial killer.  Bring her on as far as I'm concerned. 

17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm surprised that Rinna didn't prep Sutton better. And now is on the other side of the divide. I bet Sutton didn't see that coming.

See, I guess I thought Rinna prepped Sutton well enough but maybe it's because I find it hard to believe she'd burst into tears over Dorit's stupid digs. So it struck me as fake even thought it might not have been. 

10 hours ago, Callaphera said:

Meh. Legal drinking age in most Canadian provinces is 19 (18 in Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec) so it didn't raise my eyebrows any. I know legal age out there is 21 and lemme tell you, it suuuucked having to wait the extra two years to go to Vegas to party but I also don't think those two years make a lot of difference. I'm more concerned that it's the same kid who had to come running home from New York because of her severe anxiety - alcohol is definitely not a coping method for that. 

I don't even remember what she grabbed but it didn't really make me all that surprised either.  It'd be kind of fake if Rinna pretended to be shocked that her college age daughter drinks alcohol.  Heck, my parents are as straight laced as they come and even they allowed occasions for us to have a little bit of alcohol before we were 21.  (Ironically, it's probably the reason I don't really drink. I was exposed to it too young to appreciate the taste and it made me never want to get accustomed to it except in desserts.)

• Love 1
21 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I posted about that last week - I couldn't understand why Kyle went on and on about the diamond ice sculpture. It was an obvious nod to the diamonds the ladies hold at the opening of the episodes. I wish Denise had pointed that out, but I am sure she was as dumbfounded by Kyle's inability to grasp the obvious as many of us sitting at home were. 

I thought it was just one more thing Kyle was jealous of - Denise thought of the diamond ice sculpture before she did.  Maybe grabbing the crown out of her hands.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Door County Cherry said:

She tries to make her daughter's happen but I think Lois is pretty awesome on her own.  She's a sharp, active 91 year old who has been funny on this show and survived a serial killer.  Bring her on as far as I'm concerned. 

I know!  More Lois, less Rinna!

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 5/13/2020 at 10:46 PM, esco1822 said:

There’s a big difference between Teddi (who was made fun of mercilessly in her first season for her bad taste and lack of style) now getting glam when she’s on camera and Dorit getting glammed up in workout gear solely to do a bullsh*t at home photo shoot and then claiming she was late for the legit workout  because she has a life. Teddi was literally just trying to keep up with these bitches in the show. Dorit, as always, is trying to make herself look more important, famous, and “fashun” than she actually is. Which is the bigger offense?

Why does either of these have to be an offense? Teddi and everyone else knew Dorit was going to be late and Teddi was fine with it. As much as I dislike Dorit, she is not required to explain to the women why she is going to be late. She only has to let them know. If production were asking why she would be late to filming, that would be one thing, but obviously they were just as ok with it as Teddi was. 

Edited: In the end, the only thing Dorit really did wrong was not be "accountable" to Kyle Richards. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

I don't know, I feel like Dennis Richards is a household name for this target audience. She was so Hot in the 90's, then married the bad boy so there was some mystery to that.

I get her saying I'm Dennis Effing Richards. I mean she isnt new to Hollywood, she has seen some shii. In my Yolanda voice "who is Kyle Richards in this world?"

I don't know, I feel like Dennis Richards is a household name for this target audience. She was so Hot in the 90's, then married the bad boy so there was some mystery to that.

I get her saying I'm Dennis Effing Richards. I mean she isnt new to Hollywood, she has seen some shii. In my Yolanda voice "who is Kyle Richards in this world?"

• Love 14
2 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

Why does either of these have to be an offense? Teddi and everyone else knew Dorit was going to be late and Teddi was fine with it. As much as I dislike Dorit, she is not required to explain to the women why she is going to be late. She only has to let them know. If production were asking why she would be late to filming, that would be one thing, but obviously they were just as ok with it as Teddi was. 

Edited: In the end, the only thing Dorit really did wrong was not be "accountable" to Kyle Richards. 

This is exactly the issue Kyle is having with Dorit.  And production was fine with it because they know their OG Housewives and what sets them off.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, bkathi said:

I thought it was just one more thing Kyle was jealous of - Denise thought of the diamond ice sculpture before she did.  Maybe grabbing the crown out of her hands.

Yeah it’s becoming evident Kyle has a real need to put others down unless they’ve landed in her safe zone (Teddi and Sutton for now). Why would she care about the ice sculpture or Dorit doing a photo shoot and showing up late?  

It’s like she has put them in boxes- you’re a ragamuffin and not allowed to have an ice sculpture. I stood up to Lisa for you Dorit so you need to go to the end of the world for me. That  was your mistake. I wouldn’t do Dorit a solid any day of the week.  

So I’m generally a bandwagon type viewer when it comes to RH. But I really like Lisa Rinna (small voice).  Now I HATE any scene involving her children.  She comes off oddly real to me and funny. She’s got a spark I dig. It’s so weird bc I’m always on board to get on a hate train but for some reason I like her. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

Yeah it’s becoming evident Kyle has a real need to put others down unless they’ve landed in her safe zone (Teddi and Sutton for now). Why would she care about the ice sculpture or Dorit doing a photo shoot and showing up late?  

It’s like she has put them in boxes- you’re a ragamuffin and not allowed to have an ice sculpture. I stood up to Lisa for you Dorit so you need to go to the end of the world for me. That  was your mistake. I wouldn’t do Dorit a solid any day of the week.  

So I’m generally a bandwagon type viewer when it comes to RH. But I really like Lisa Rinna (small voice).  Now I HATE any scene involving her children.  She comes off oddly real to me and funny. She’s got a spark I dig. It’s so weird bc I’m always on board to get on a hate train but for some reason I like her. 

Exactly. Looking back, the women Kyle gets along best with generally haven't been competition as far as favorite housewife or hottest housewife or whatever. 

Maybe Kyle would still be friends with Lisa V if there was no Lucygate, but maybe not. They had been friends for many years, but it's been rocky for most of their friendship. It's not like everything was great until Kyle backed Dorit or someone forced her not to believe Lisa even when she swore on her children's life and was grieving. That's on Kyle imo, not Dorit. Even though I've liked Kyle and defended her shenanigans many seasons, I never liked how she treated Lisa when she was vulnerable. 

I like Rinna too. She's no saint, but I think she's far more genuine, funny, and likable than she's given credit for. It's refreshing for a housewife to not take herself seriously.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, KnoxForPres said:

I like Rinna too...anytime I have tried to not like her she will do or say something that reels me back in. I like her confidence and the fact she will rock any outfit (even if the outfit itself is lacking or tacky) I agree with you about her daughters and wish she would stop trying to make them "happen" She should do way more scenes with Lois and limit those with her daughters.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

It looks to be the Buca di Beppo close to my house. And she really hasn't invested in it; she's going to 'reimagine' it somehow.

Where are they getting this imaginary money? They're a couple of grifters who don't actually own anything. Robert Earl is looking for free publicity to his restaurants. 

I'd love to see the financials on this one.

If it is as you describe then there doesn't need to be any financials - the guy gets his publicity, gives Dorit a budget and she decorates his room and brags to the audience that people "do business" with her and PK.  Win-win and the only financials are the budget she gets.

4 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

Well she also took that doofusy "photo shoot" 😄 

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

Come sit by me, I love Rinna. She’s hilarious, I find her authentic, and she’s FUN! I even like her kids - I’ve accepted that I’m probably alone in that though lol. 

I don’t feel like anyone is ‘plotting’ against Kyle. She got her knickers in a bunch because Dorit arrived later; not late, but later. Teddi was very clear that people were free to arrive/leave whenever they wanted. I usually like Kyle, but I don’t like her behaviour this season, so far. 

• Love 7

I'm starting to wish that Wiccan lady would return to put the smackdown back on Vyle. Her behavior at the BBQ Denise threw was so idiotic. The bemusement at the diamond ice sculpture brought back memories of "is that a Jewish star?" Omg! Vyle converted to Judaism & should've known what a Star of David is- I know & am not Jewish.  She does this sh** where she plays dumb to make the other person feel less than. Maybe she is just that dumb. Idk. She bugs to no end and kudos to those who mentioned she has 4 kids and 3 of them are grown! 

I'm team Denise all the way no matter what her and Aaron do with holisitc stuff or what their marriage is like on the inside. I believe she worried more about the GUEST kids overhearing the sex talk than her own. She seemed to outline as much to Erika who STILL had to say "you knew who you were inviting" after their lunch. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, princelina said:

If it is as you describe then there doesn't need to be any financials - the guy gets his publicity, gives Dorit a budget and she decorates his room and brags to the audience that people "do business" with her and PK.  Win-win and the only financials are the budget she gets.

Well she also took that doofusy "photo shoot" 😄 

What was that photo shoot for, anyway? 😄

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Thumper said:

What was that photo shoot for, anyway? 😄

20 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Her Instagram followers? Her ego? 😁

I'm pretty sure they said for her instagram 🙄

(edited)

She posted the pics to IG the day of the episode, just like she posted the rat tail pony pics on Wednesday in advance of this week's episode.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1

I don’t feel like anyone is ‘plotting’ against Kyle. She got her knickers in a bunch because Dorit arrived later; not late, but later.

Yeah, that sums it up.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, princelina said:

I'm pretty sure they said for her instagram 🙄

I am vexed by Dorit's need to post pictures for followers, she wasn't doing anything interesting, just leaning awkwardly...maybe it would have more interesting if she had taken photos at Teddi's event instead.  

• Love 7
(edited)

I bet Dorit told production that she needed extra time because she has young kids.
 And when she showed up late, fully glammed, having posted to her IG, it pissed Kyle off, because Kyle knew it was a b.s. excuse.

I can’t stand Kyle, but that would piss me off too.  

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

These women are too much like a pack of predators sniffing out the most vulnerable (at any given moment) and going in for the kill - a bloody mess!

On second thought, each of these shows has degenerated to its lowest common denominator - this one to hungry predators, NYC to desperate drinkers, etc. No surprise I guess, but still sad somehow.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 5

I just watched the latest episode.  

First and foremost, this is a television show and ALL of these women are ACTING.  It’s one of the ways they make a living and stay relevant.  This is not news to me but when I find myself forming opinions or siding with one woman or “storyline” over another, I need to reel myself in.  I believe they laugh themselves silly when the director yells cut.  They will say and do a LOT for ratings.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sterling said:

I bet Dorit told production that she needed extra time because she has young kids.
 And when she showed up late, fully glammed, having posted to her IG, it pissed Kyle off, because Kyle knew it was a b.s. excuse.

I can’t stand Kyle, but that would piss me off too.  

I am not a parent, and I have definitely experienced coworkers getting away with working less due to their kids while making the same money. It sucks when you're always there on time, and someone else comes in and out as they please. I know most parents work very hard juggling parenthood and working, but I know for a fact I had coworkers who'd lie about their kids being sick just so they could stay home. It doesn't feel fair when everyone isn't pulling their weight in the office, but I still don't think this excused Kyle's behavior. Her bestie who hosted the event said she didn't care who was there, and she wasn't bothered by Dorit coming in late. It's not like Dorit showed up late to Teddi's wedding. 

19 hours ago, marymary said:

Come sit by me, I love Rinna. She’s hilarious, I find her authentic, and she’s FUN! I even like her kids - I’ve accepted that I’m probably alone in that though lol. 

I don’t feel like anyone is ‘plotting’ against Kyle. She got her knickers in a bunch because Dorit arrived later; not late, but later. Teddi was very clear that people were free to arrive/leave whenever they wanted. I usually like Kyle, but I don’t like her behaviour this season, so far. 

I'll sit by you guys too! Rinna is one of the most fun and funny cast members that's been on BH. I also think people need to cut her girls some slack. They seem pretty harmless. 

I don't see this plot against Kyle either. She was the one that went in on Dorit. Denise said what's the big deal, stop judging, and Rinna said no Kyle the only one you defend all the way is Teddi. That isn't everyone plotting against Kyle. Erika and Sutton even tried to support Kyle at the table, when no, what Dorit said wasn't strong, nor did she say Kyle didn't have a life. Teddi also saw Kyle's side more and defended her after she was gone. 

Ditto again on Kyle! For many years I thought people were rough on her and that she's not this terrible green-eyed monster she's made out to be. I still think she's a beautiful lady with a beautiful family, but she is totally jealous of some of the other girls and not very good at hiding it this season. If you look back at previous seasons, she's always gotten along better with the women who aren't as attractive. I truly think if Dorit didn't look like a Barbie, Kyle wouldn't care if she showed up late for a bullshit reason. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, tinderbox said:

I believe they laugh themselves silly when the director yells cut.  They will say and do a LOT for ratings.

I doubt that Kyle is laughing herself silly when she sees the responses on her twitter. So much negativity toward her. Does she even consider how this affects her daughters and THE AGENCY?

I don't think that any housewife signs up for this show thinking "Won't it be funny when I pretend to be an asshole so that the entire viewing audience despises me!?"

Lack of self awareness is Kyle's problem. Seeing her double down on twitter is proof of it.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She posted the pics to IG the day of the episode, just like she posted the rat tail pony pics on Wednesday in advance of this week's episode.

The last person on TV that had a haircut like that was Hop Sing on Bonanza.

• LOL 11
14 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I doubt that Kyle is laughing herself silly when she sees the responses on her twitter. So much negativity toward her. Does she even consider how this affects her daughters and THE AGENCY?

I don't think that any housewife signs up for this show thinking "Won't it be funny when I pretend to be an asshole so that the entire viewing audience despises me!?"

Lack of self awareness is Kyle's problem. Seeing her double down on twitter is proof of it.

Pretending to be as asshole or actually being an asshole isn’t the point.  There wouldn’t be a tv show if they all sat around and happily interacted episode after episode.  They know, and accept, stirring up trouble for one another is the true premise of the show.  Over the years, some cast members handle it better than others.

She (or any of them) doesn’t see the responses to her actions, on her Twitter account, weeks or months after filming ends.  Then, the Twitter universe becomes Act 2 of each episode.  It’s how the entire franchise works.  Kudos to them.  Very successful television show(s).  

• Useful 1
44 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

She (or any of them) doesn’t see the responses to her actions, on her Twitter account, weeks or months after filming ends.

I am pretty sure that Kyle sees the responses to her twitter account considering that she is now tweeting out comments about what was filmed months ago. She is definitely seeing how her actions are being viewed now that the viewers are privy to her horrible behaviour. Mauricio is going to have to double down on his weed orders.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 5/13/2020 at 5:10 PM, Silver Bells said:

Kyle looks like Morticia Adams.  She must have PMS lately.

Why all of a sudden is Denise worried what her kids are hearing?  They all must hear the house practically falling down all night long from sexy time.

I was kinda puzzled as to why Denise was so protective of the kids (all teenagers except Eloise) when we all know she curses like a sailor on leave 24/7 and then she said it -- she doesn't want to get a reputation in the neighborhood with the girls' guests talking about wild things they heard at the Richards/Phyphers house.

• Love 5
On 5/13/2020 at 5:41 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Denise said “fucking” at full volume at the beginning of the episode, well after she’d shushed everyone else.  I’m not saying she can’t make up rules in her own backyard.  If she thinks it’s ok to say fucking, but not to talk about lesbianism, that’s her right.  I’m just saying I think it’s inconsistent.  Last episode I asked why is it ok for Denise to say these things, and it was reported that Denise said her thing about Aaron’s dick still being big in a hushed voice and before the sex discussion started.  That was not the case with the “fucking.“ I was listening this time.  She’s not walking her own walk.  

I think what happened was that Denise knew it was wrong, but she allowed it to go on anyway, because she wanted to film the drama at her house.  It reminds me of that middle school party I went to where everyone was raiding my best friend’s parents’ liquor cabinet and she was like, “oh, um, no, you guys shouldn’t do that.  Fuck it, hand me one.”  Today we call that plausible deniability.  

I feel like last season Denise got to skate big time and basically got to be Switzerland, and I’m glad she’s finally being forced to show her hand, even if it’s by Kyle, who is coming out of left field.  

Kyle was being a big baby, but at least she said she’s tired of the ass kissing. Even though she was being phony while she said it, I appreciate that it was said.  I have been counting the number of times they would see each other and say “GOR-juss! since last season, and it’s a lot.  

I like Dorit saying everyone in the group are “fake ass bitches.”  The first step is admitting it, right?

I have to disagree with Teddi that it was a pile-up.  Kyle was kind of somehow piling up on everyone else, and then she took her toys and went home when Garcelle asked one neutral question. 

What lesson was Amelia supposed to extract about anorexia when her 20 lbs less than her mom steals the photog’s attention?

I love that Erika doesn’t want to put anything but heavy cream into her Cuban coffee.  

Dorit’s hair!  Chinese queue chic.  Giving Erika and her yak hair a run for her money.  I love it.  

I liked Sutton’s heel in the same vein.  Not something I’m going to attempt, but fun to watch.  

I’m so glad Garcelle and her husband talk to their kids about sex.  Why isn’t Denise talking to hers about sex?  She’ll scream at them, which she copped to last season, but she won’t tell them about HIV?  

Wasn’t Erika’s “ughhh” about “being around a pregnant girl” the same kind of thing Sutton said two episodes ago?  Is it ok because she said it behind Teddi’s back and not to her face?  I’m already dreading the reunion when Teddi dredges this up ad infinitum.  

So...Lisa replaced Harry with Lois?

Well, I think Lois is so much more entertaining than Harry.  It looks like she enjoys being on the show too, and Harry doesn't.

• Love 5

Denise is falling victim to the second season chagrin.

Lots of housewives have a great first season and then are the target in their second season.

The problem is that Denise has no natural allies  in the cast. Except maybe Garcelle and she seems to be someone who is out for herself and is a rookie to boot.

I would be very surprised if Denise returns next year.

Another victory for Vyle and her flying monkey.

• Love 4
On 5/13/2020 at 9:14 PM, TattleTeeny said:

Hey now! Messy updo is my day-to-day style in these "uncertain times"! 

Speaking of which, Rinna's kid had a mask. Is that weird? I don't know about filming timing or whatever.

Aren't the kids twins? The dad said "their birthday." Also, it seems like one boy has a deeper voice than the other and does seem older. 

I think they're probably petri dish twins - separate eggs implanted, developed and born at the same time.

On 5/14/2020 at 4:15 AM, Kiki777 said:

Can we take Rinna’s diamond away and give it to Lois?

I love that Erika goes for the heavy cream in her coffee, and her tone when she said ‘I love their chicken parm’ cracked me up.

You know, even with the bad fillers, Denise is still quite pretty.  But I don’t quite agree with her concern about her kids’ friends’ parents being all scandalized with the raunchy talk.  I’m sure they all gave consent for their kids to go to a filmed Bravo event at the house of Charlie Sheen’s kids, so they knew what was up.

I second the nomination - can we have a vote?

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/14/2020 at 1:11 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

My point keeps getting misunderstood.  I know that Denise Richards is an actress.  I know she’s known; I don’t need to ask my friends.  I just don’t think she’s that big of a deal.  I don’t think soap opera stars—with the potential exception of Susan Lucci—are a big deal.

I know Denise has had work, as I had the pleasure of watching her as a cheerleading mom on a Lifetime movie when I was in a hotel room over Labor Day. 

My point is that if you’re going to look someone in the eye and tell them how good you are by saying you’re “[Name] Fucking [Name]”, you look foolish, unless the names being supplied have like “Jennifer, Johansson, Roberts, Scarlett, Lawrence or Julia” in them. 

Denise is more well-known than Kyle, clearly.  I knew who she was before she came on the show, but the thing she’s most notorious for is Charlie Sheen’s ex-wife.  She definitely doesn’t have the name to throw around against someone professionally.  Very few people do.  

I think it’s a totally fair point for Denise to tell Kyle she’s a working actress and she’s glam for that reason alone.  That’s just a fact.  For her to say she’s Denise “Fucking” Richards or “Fucking” Denise Richards or whatever she said is laughable to me.  If you’re not A-list, you don’t get to say this, unless you’re huge at the film festivals or something, and I don’t remember her starring in movies at Cannes or Sundance.  In fact, I think it’s obnoxious for anyone to brag about how big their own name is.  Let others brag for you, is kind of PR rule 101.

When the other women make themselves out to be bigger and more important than they are, I call it out.  Kyle may not say she’s Kyle Fucking Richards either, even though she clearly has a lot more money than Denise.  It sounds warped to me.  Just because Denise has had numerous roles and magazine covers (and I never contended she didn’t) doesn’t make her at all immune to slinging bullshit IMO, and I am an equal opportunity bullshit caller-outer.  

I could not agree more with this ^^^.  I think the big deal about Denise Richards is fairly local.  BH and LA are company towns.  And those in the business respect longevity - talent and pretty faces come and go with some regularity.  What Denise Richards has in spades is longevity.  (Lisa Rinna too.)

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Kyle is my favorite lol since season 1. I don’t want the girls picking on her. Dorit is messy lol Sutton doesn’t fit on this show to me lol. Lois was so cute lol. I’m not a fan of Lisa Rinna but she made me laugh when she checked Sutton about her daughter’s event lol. But Dorit seemed to totally enjoy saying what she said to Sutton in front of everyone. But then again Sutton should of been nice to Dorit when she was about to “flip out” lol. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I am pretty sure that Kyle sees the responses to her twitter account considering that she is now tweeting out comments about what was filmed months ago. She is definitely seeing how her actions are being viewed now that the viewers are privy to her horrible behaviour. Mauricio is going to have to double down on his weed orders.

Yes.  That’s what I mean.  She is seeing them now and reacting to them now.... weeks or months AFTER filming the episode.

• Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

Yes.  That’s what I mean.  She is seeing them now and reacting to them now.... weeks or months AFTER filming the episode.

She didn't expect the negative response. She really thought that people would be on her side. I think that she is surprised at the hate directed toward her on twitter etc. When she filmed she thought that people would be on her side.

TWIST. Now she sees "what is happening here". After all "It's not her first rodeo." LOL.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 5

As much as I detested Sutton at first (and maybe still), she read Dorit perfectly - Dorit gets off on playing with people, just like a cat with a mouse.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am vexed by Dorit's need to post pictures for followers, she wasn't doing anything interesting, just leaning awkwardly...maybe it would have more interesting if she had taken photos at Teddi's event instead.  

And yet, ALL of the women post IG photos for their followers especially when they aren't doing anything interesting. Erika, Rinna, and Kyle are ALWAYS posting photos of themselves doing nothing but being their fake selves. There is something about their need for attention that makes them think the world cares about what is going on in their homes. The only problem, is that there ARE a lot of people who care about what is going on in their lives, so they keep posting. It is a vicious cycle that they all fall into. 

And, while I am no Dorit fan, I would much rather she be called out for her lawsuits and bullshit than have her being called out for the exact same thing that every single one of these women do. I mean for heaven's sake take a look at Rinna's thirsty IG videos. 

4 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Kyle looks like Morticia Adams.  

Morticia Addams is WAY too fabulous to ever be compared to the likes of Kyle Richards. Come on now. 

• Love 9
(edited)
On 5/14/2020 at 10:59 AM, njbchlover said:

I noticed this last night, as well.  Kyle, especially, seems to have found a fondness for the F word.  

Kyle has always had a fondness for the F-word. Her most famous line from season 1 is "you're such a fuckin liar Camille!"

I keep thinking and stewing about Erika's "I thought we were at Wild Thing's house" comment and it keeps pissing me off. 

Erika seems to think that it is ok that the women ignored Denise's request that they cool it on the threesome talk around her kids and her kids's friends. She also seemed to think Denise was a hypocrite because of the women she invited to the party. 

This is the same woman who was ready to "stab a bitch" when Eileen (her supposed friend" said, "it's not like she is threatening your son" or something similar in Hong Kong. Keep in mind that not only was Erika's son not present, he was a fully grown adult. 

I suppose Erika only thinks it's important to think of the kids when they are adults who aren't present for the conversation. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Dorito has FOLLOWERS???  Are we sure they aren't process servers trying to find the best  time to serve her and that conman PK some lawsuit paperwork??  Some collection agencies??

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

What's up with PK and Dorit buying into  Buca di Beppo? That's so strange. It's a place to go to gorge on carbs and low-quality food. You go with a big group, everything  is family style, and it's in between a cafeteria, buffet, and Olive Garden. They are investors? In this shitty chain that buffet people go to for a fancy dinner? Dorit's getting punked. I don't think she nor PK have any clue about the history of that chain. I've been a few times, and it's inexpensive, tons of food, and geared towards those who want to gorge. Very very strange, IMO. 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

don't think she nor PK have any clue about the history of that chain. I'

They are literally friends with the owner of the company. Robert Earl is apparently their son Jagger’s godfather. He is also friends with LVP.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
50 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They are literally friends with the owner of the company. Robert Earl is apparently their son Jagger’s godfather. He is also friends with LVP.

Yes, I get that they know the guy. I'm saying that they don't know anything about the chain in terms of what kind of restaurant it is and the price point/ quality of the food. And the "dear friend" extremely rudely said, "you think I want to go bankrupt!" when she asked about budget. IMO, they aren't dear friends. They are sort of starting over. 

I'm thinking about it, and I see with both PK and Dorit not really understanding budgets and not being very financially savvy and also very self absorbed, I can see why they are struggling to gain respect as business people. I'm kind of understanding how they are being labeled as scammers.

Denise got the gig on Bold and Beautiful recently. She wasn't on it in the first season. I think the added stress of a full time job is making her less tolerant than before, because she just doesn't have the resources to deal with all the drama, and is, well, tired. 

I think Aaron is extremely good looking. I would totally understand him as a bartender, or personal trainer, or maybe a tennis coach. But I'm not going to him medical care. A massage? Hell yes. 

Here is a picture of how easily he blanks out...

stoned.JPG

Edited by bravofan27
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 minute ago, bravofan27 said:

Yes, I get that they know the guy. I'm saying that they don't know anything about the chain in terms of what kind of restaurant it is and the price point/ quality of the food. 

And since they have clearly been there as literally shown on the show, I disagree particularly when they know the business model. It’s not like it’s a big mystery what kind of place it is or that there is some code to crack. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1