Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Secret Celebrity Edition #104

• Start Topic

In this conclusion to the four part special event, three new celebrities step inside the workroom to form a fierce glam rock-inspired pop group sensation. Alyssa Edwards, Monique Heart and Vanessa Vangie Mateo guest star.

Airs May 15, 2020.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Yeah I did not know who any of these girls were, but I ended up really liking Hayley/Queen Eleza Beth and Phoebe/Cocotini. Hayley deserved the win but Phoebe was good too. 

I'm sure Madison has her struggles but yeah, it's hard to work up sympathy/empathy for someone who is young and gorgeous and apparently famous in some circles. Count your blessings, sweetheart. I will say that Coral Fixation is a great drag name.

I've come out of this great iteration of the show a big Alyssa Edwards fan!

ETA: I Really liked the rocker maxi-challenge. All the girls looked like they had a lot of fun with it.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 3

Even though, again, I knew no one, I still enjoyed it, in large part thanks to the mentors. I mean, Alyssa, Monique and Miss Vanjie? I'm in no matter what.

I think if they had started with both the younger men and this episode, it would have lost audience. I do think last week's should have been the finale, but it went so well with the mother ship episode last week and was a great night of tv.

It does seem to skew toward a younger demographic, but as long as I get great mentor queens and people who turn out to be likeable whether I know them or not, I'm good.

• Love 6
(edited)

I believe this was originally supposed to be the 2nd episode, saving the best for last with Vanessa Williams. 

With the caliber of guest judges they're able to get on the mothership, I'm surprised there weren't more recognizable celebrity contestants. But maybe that comes down to timing/commitment/$$$. 

Still fun tv. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 2

This should be called Rupaul’s Secret Unknown Nobody Drag Race. Even though I love all three of the mentors, I had no interest in watching this show. I waited all week to see 3 new celebrities and all I got were three nobodies I never heard of. This episode was a swing and a miss! Shouldn’t the finale show be the best episode with the most popular celebs? Ru should have ended the show last week. What a let down. 

(edited)
5 hours ago, funnygirl said:

I believe this was originally supposed to be the 2nd episode, saving the best for last with Vanessa Williams. 

With the caliber of guest judges they're able to get on the mothership, I'm surprised there weren't more recognizable celebrity contestants. But maybe that comes down to timing/commitment/$$$. 

Still fun tv. 

SEj7.gif

Edited by amass
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I finally figured out the title of the show:  it’s not RuPaul’s Secret Celebrity Drag Race because the contestants are kept a secret until the show airs; it’s actually named that because it’s a secret that most of these people are celebrities.   

This might as well have been an extended episode of Drag U; if Ru brings this spin-off back VH-1 should really cough up a few extra bucks to put the actual “Celebrity” in Celebrity Drag Race.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
On 5/16/2020 at 9:34 AM, Just Carol said:

Boo hoo, cry me a river, Madeline Beer or whatever your name is.  Do you think we know the "real you" now?  Looks like the regular you.

LOL! I’ll be nice and say she seemed well intentioned at least.

Her makeup on the runway wasn’t exaggerated at all, and her dress barely had a hint of camp in it. She was aiming for “Violet Chochki fishiness” because they’re both very pretty to start with, but she forgot that Violet also knew how to camp it up. Ultimately her drag had the least amount of personality to it, which is disappointing considering she had Monique Heart as her drag mother.

• Love 5

I give Maddie some grace because she's only 20, has probably lived in a fishbowl since she was discovered by Justin Bieber, and has a lot of growing up to do - she's probably too young to realize that she is totally un-self aware.  Phoebe bothered me more because she is in her 30s and was dressing like she was a teenager.  I think Hayley deserved the win because I think she embraced the change more than the others and really transformed herself.

• Love 2

Well, I’m bummed that the series is over and that this was the final show. I really thought with the trajectory that the last show was going to be the most fantastic. But it didn’t totally work for me. They really should have made last week’s show the finale.

And like many, I only knew about three or so of all the people in the series. I do have to give it up to especially the straight guys for wanting to participate in a challenge like this. I enjoyed that.

• Love 2

My daughter was disappointed that the last episode wasn't a "grand finale" where the winners of each week came back and competed against one another.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

This whole escapade felt kind of like a sizzle reel, like a little trial run to test the concept and work out logistics and see who would watch. Apart from giving away not small amounts of charity cash, almost nothing else felt like they were doing this for real. I agree they should've saved Vanessa anem's episode for last. If they bring it back, with non-secret celebrities, more episodes, and less filler, I'll tune in. I've been turned off of the regular seasons and all-stars, so this was a refreshing twist.

• Love 1