Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: You Snooze, You Lose

• Start Topic

(edited)
19 hours ago, dleighg said:

I'm am not only face blind, but clueless about pop culture, but who was the woman on the guest's T-shirt (that the captain complimented)?

nm - already answered

Edited by sharkerbaby
15 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Oh I thought it was Cher!

My daughter thought it might be Cher also but we finally decided it was Michelle Visage.  If you aren't watching Drag Race you should give it a try.  Fun show.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

If you aren't watching Drag Race you should give it a try.  Fun show.

I'd never even considered it. But a bit of reading makes it sounds like a cross between project runway and america's next top model-- and a bunch of emmys says a lot.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, stcroix said:

I can't get over how these people working on the boat aren't trying their best to make this trip the most unbelievable and fun adventure for this poor dying woman!!  I really can't. 

I would agree that Jenna is too wrapped up in Adam, and they both need to be spoken with about separating their personal life from their professional life.  However, I got the impression that the guests were very happy with the charter. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

I'd never even considered it. But a bit of reading makes it sounds like a cross between project runway and america's next top model-- and a bunch of emmys says a lot.

Yes ! I love it ! I hope you will too ❤️

Whatever happened to Jenna saying she was going to pull out all the stops and make this charter the best ever, considering the health situation of the primary?  I guess that only lasts for the first afternoon when they arrive, and it all falls apart the next day when she wants to cuddle with Adam because the wind shifted and he's in an approachable mood for a moment. 

Sorry if this has been stated already - I haven't been able to read through all the comments yet.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Maccagirl said:

primary?  I guess that only lasts for the first afternoon when they arrive, and it all falls apart the next day when she wants to cuddle with Adam because the wind shifted and he's in an approachable mood for a moment. 

It didn’t even last the full day. She bailed on part of service that night to talk to Adam about their fucked up relationship.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

It didn’t even last the full day. She bailed on part of service that night to talk to Adam about their fucked up relationship.

Yes, you are sooooo right.  I forgot about that special time they had with one another - AGAIN!!!  It's too bad Adam doesn't get any breaks and Jenna cannot rely on her minions to do all her work so she can gawk at Adam in the galley while she dries a glass over and over and over again.

• Love 6

I really like this show but I can't believe that Jenna and Adam carried on so unprofessionally.  At the same time I wondered if Adam was just stoking the plot with this romance never really intending to follow through as he shows he won't do.  He was deceptive before on the other series having met the coworker on that boat before taping and finally admitting it.   Does he just want to stay relevant and interesting?  I have wondered many times if he avoided intimacy because he really had a girlfriend off the boat in secret and didn't want to jeopardize that relationship but he since proved that wrong with following through with Jenna.  Jenna is just an idiot to think this relationship could ever be anything more than a fling.  She needs to grow up.

• Love 7

Kerry and her friends were my favorite charter guests of all time.  Fun, appreciative, not over demanding or acting entitled.  Quite the opposite. Her friends obviously planned ahead and brought items for special surprises like the party decorations and PJ's. Mark brought those jammies, not Production.  Jenna totally provided pathetically subpar service to this group. She was totally disengaged and uninterested.  The guests were so nondemanding that they didn't complain. Throughout the episode I kept thinking that I wish they had been on a charter with Kate and Capt Lee.  Kate has so many special ways to add to a charter, fun games and activities (ie. a treasure hunt) and goes above and beyond to make guests entire dining experience memorable.  I wish Kerry had received a Kate level service.  She really deserved that. 

• Love 14

Watching a Bravo show from 2016 ,Timber Creek Lodge. Seems like Below Deck Sailing Yacht recycles plots. There is a couple of the staff on this show who felt entitled enough to use one of the guest bedrooms for their little trysts. Coincidentally the girls name is Jenna. On this show the manager called them in and read them the riot act. Pretty much threatened to fire the guy because of his disrespectful attitude when called out.  That's how you handle this Captaiin Glenn not look the other way. And tonight we get the recycled   plot from season 1 of Below Deck, drugs on the boat 

• Love 3
On 5/11/2020 at 10:05 PM, 65mickey said:

People like Jenna never think that they do anything wrong. They feel superior to everyone else and think they are entitled to do anything they want and to hell with everyone else.

Jenna is very entitled.  She made a comment that she's been working for many years without a break and now she wants to "do her."  If she feels that way then don't work.  Jenna is a terrible boss who didn't even bother to see how Madison was after she was abused by that Charter of Pigs, earlier in the season.  Jenna is also an awful boss because she should NOT be sitting on Adam's lap during working hours.   No one is saying they can't be together but they need to stop acting like two tweens who just discovered sex.  Jenna certainly should NOT have taken a break to sleep with Adam. 

I used to like Madison but she plays the victim too much.  She's not the only person who's worked for a jerk.  She seems entitled too like, "How DARE you treat me like I'm anything less than a special snowflake."  And her "ugh couples" makes her sound like a twelve year old.

• Love 2