Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

COVID-19: Personal Stories

7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Went for a pedicure and manicure today- and the woman who I always go to- the one I mentioned up thread who didn’t want to get vaccinated because she was afraid of needles? She told me she got her first shot and it didn’t hurt. She told me talking with me convinced her. I’m happy for her.

I went to the dentist this morning we were talking about the vaccine and she mentioned that she doesn't like needles (she did get it, though).

Then she stuck a giant needle into my mouth.

• Laugh 10
  • Surprise 2

5 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

This is exactly why you'd expect medical people to get over a fear of needles!  But my doctor is the same, last year I had to get my follow up shingles shot and his nurse was off so he gave it to me.  After spending at least 5 minutes telling me he hates needles and also that he rarely gives them as, of course, this is part of what the nurse is expected to do.  I felt so reassured about getting a needle from him after that - not!!  Actually it wasn't too bad to be fair but I definitely felt it!

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I went to the dentist this morning we were talking about the vaccine and she mentioned that she doesn't like needles (she did get it, though).

You’d think they would have found a way by now to numb the area for the novacaine shot so we wouldn’t have to suffer that shot in the mouth!

But yeah, all staff and dentists are fully vaccinated already.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

You’d think they would have found a way by now to numb the area for the novacaine shot so we wouldn’t have to suffer that shot in the mouth!

But yeah, all staff and dentists are fully vaccinated already.

She did put some kind of gel (that tasted like artificial strawberry) on my gum first. The needle wasn't too bad. It's a little sore now that the novocain has worn off (mostly; it's been hours but I can still sort of feel it when I touch just above my lip. I went to Target afterward and it was a good thing I was wearing a mask because at that point it was at that tingly stage that makes me all twitchy. People would have wondered what was wrong with me.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I was speaking with a colleague.  She said her arm was really sore after her first shot.  However, she is pretty sure she knows why.  The person stabbed her about ten times, saying "The needle doesn't want to go into your thick flesh." 😳 Seriously.  This person has nothing different about her skin.  She will definitely avoid that person if she gets a chance. 

Please tell me your colleague isn't black.

• Sad 2

When flu vaccine was in short supply last fall, I happened to be in a Walmart and saw a sign in the pharmacy that they had it in stock.  Their pharmacist did the best jab I have ever experienced, I didn't even need a bandaid.  When my age group can get the vaccine, I'm hoping they have an opening there. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’ve turned into a flip flopping sleeper. I got the shot in my left arm-I’m right handed. Only because it was a mass vaccination site and I was in my car. It was just easier to get the jab in my left arm since I live in America and most steering wheels are on the left side.😄

Went for a pedicure and manicure today- and the woman who I always go to- the one I mentioned up thread who didn’t want to get vaccinated because she was afraid of needles? She told me she got her first shot and it didn’t hurt. She told me talking with me convinced her. I’m happy for her.

Downside is that one of the receptionists doesn’t want it, so she’s not getting it. But, it’s her choice and right, though I don’t understand it as she gets the flu shot every year. We always talk about how achy we feel after. 

I CANNOT WAIT to be able to get a pedicure! It has been a very long time due to the pandemic and finances. I miss having pretty feet for a while until their hobbittiness comes back. Bless my boyfriend for pretending like my feet aren't scary.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

I also went for a mani and pedi today. It was so relaxing. I usually don’t get a manicure but my nails have been a mess (they chip if I as much as look at them). 

On topic, I will be 2 weeks vaccinated on Tuesday. Since I had the J & J shot I’ve been watching for any strange symptoms but nothing since the day after I got it. I haven’t been worried about it since the blood clots are so rare. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Quof said:

When flu vaccine was in short supply last fall, I happened to be in a Walmart and saw a sign in the pharmacy that they had it in stock.  Their pharmacist did the best jab I have ever experienced, I didn't even need a bandaid.  When my age group can get the vaccine, I'm hoping they have an opening there. 

I booked my Moderna shots through this link:

https://www.walmart.com/cp/1228302   

There are two Supercenters in my town (Dothan, AL), and both had the vaccines.    You do have to register for a Walmart account, but that's mostly for contact information.    You just see where they are giving it near you, and they show you available appointments. 

If you have a local Sam's Club, they are separate websites, and you don't need to be a member to get the vaccines there, but you will probably need to register too.   

If they get a lot of patients, they use one of the rooms that used to be businesses, in the front of the store (a lot of the nail salons, etc. in the front of the store closed down here), so they had room for a bunch of patients at once.  

I had my second Moderna on 30 March, and except for a sore arm for a day or so, no real reaction. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2

My middle daughter is putting off getting vaccinated until either she needs to be vaccinated for some specific requirement, or until they've done research on the effects of the vaccine specifically on those who have had Covid. 
I can't and won't argue with her because she's genius IQ and because an old best friend who had Covid did have a bad reaction to the vaccine.
My middle daughter is not an anti-Vaxxer by any means. She's just not seeing the need to get it yet.
She doesn't have kids or any friends who have kids, and she's currently unemployed. She mostly hangs out with her friends who had Covid a year ago, and she wears a mask when she goes in a store. 
I hope she does get a job soon. Maybe they will require her to get vaccinated, but probably not. 

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

They have!  My dentist always “paints” on some kind of numbing agent, then comes back 5-10 minutes later with the shots.  No pain at all.  And I am a huge dental procedure chicken.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I can't and won't argue with her because she's genius IQ and because an old best friend who had Covid did have a bad reaction to the vaccine.

People who have had COVID19 do tend to have the “bad” reaction to the first dose, but then the second dose is nothing (so the reverse of the usual). I’m basing this both on articles I’ve read, and people I know in RL including my mother in law. My non doctor assumption is that because, for them, the first vaccine dose is the second time their immune system is seeing what it thinks is the virus, so it brings out the big guns. Not because of anything “bad” about the vaccine. 

I have a coworker who had long covid (from last year), and finally felt much better after getting her vaccines. This is another thing they’re seeing a lot (meaning, you can find NPR articles about it, I’m not just spitballing). My coworker didn’t know it was a known phenomenon and thought she was just experiencing a placebo effect.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

5 minutes ago, kieyra said:

I have a coworker who had long covid (from last year), and finally felt much better after getting her vaccines. This is another thing they’re seeing a lot (meaning, you can find NPR articles about it, I’m not just spitballing). My coworker didn’t know it was a known phenomenon and thought she was just experiencing a placebo effect.

My long-hauler Covid friend felt like her first vaccine set her back to the beginning all over again. I think she decided to skip the second dose after reading articles that it might not be necessary for those who have had Covid --which kind of follows this theory: 

7 minutes ago, kieyra said:

for them, the first vaccine dose is the second time their immune system is seeing the virus, so it brings out the big guns.

As for me, I had my 2 Modernas and will be happy to have a booster if recommended. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I was speaking with a colleague.  She said her arm was really sore after her first shot.  However, she is pretty sure she knows why.  The person stabbed her about ten times, saying "The needle doesn't want to go into your thick flesh." 😳 Seriously.  This person has nothing different about her skin.  She will definitely avoid that person if she gets a chance. 

The person who did me was so good I didn't even feel the needle going in. But I got the same sore arm. 

I'm assuming of course that we're talking about muscle soreness, and not inflammation at the injection site. 

• Like 2

There's currently a 25% limit in grocery stores and pharmacies in Ontario.  And what bugs me are people chitchatting and holding up the line, not only in stores, but even to go in.  A woman who WASN'T lining up bumped into a friend (who was) and they started going on and on about family and friends (and standing far closer than 6'/2 metres) while the woman who WAS going to shop was waiting to go in.  The woman in front of me and I were both worried that the shopper would not realize she could go in and just stand there.  We both really wanted Ms. Non-Shopper to leave.  This was at a very tiny store which currently has a capacity of NINE shoppers.  

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

My middle daughter is not an anti-Vaxxer by any means. She's just not seeing the need to get it yet.
She doesn't have kids or any friends who have kids, and she's currently unemployed. She mostly hangs out with her friends who had Covid a year ago, and she wears a mask when she goes in a store. 

Does she know that just because they had COVID last year doesn't mean they can't get it again? She should get vaccinated ASAP to protect her, you and everyone, including her friends.

• Like 10

I am vaxxed!  Yay!!!  

For the first shot, the actual process took about an hour and a half (which did not include driving and traffic waiting to park).  Today, my appointment was at 3:30.  I got out of my car at 3 and got back into my car at 3:30.  The whole thing - house door to door - took 2 hours.  I hope this is just because it's Sunday and not because people don't want to get shot...so to speak. 

• Like 11
  • Laugh 1

35 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I am vaxxed!  Yay!!!  

I think this used of the past tense verb of "vax" may be a first? "
Alert the editors of The Online Oxford English Dictionary!

37 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

The whole thing - house door to door - took 2 hours.  I hope this is just because it's Sunday and not because people don't want to get shot...so to speak. 

Hah hah hah! 
If you have an opportunity to fill in a questionnaire about post-vaccination effects, be sure to include: Deliriously happy and prone to making puns

• Laugh 4

2 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Does she know that just because they had COVID last year doesn't mean they can't get it again?

I remember back when this all this first started - 5 years ago right?? -  and I actually thought maybe it would be better just to get it and get it over with.  And then not only did we start hearing about the deaths and the long haulers but we started hearing how people could get it again.  Damn.  Anyone who isn't aware of this by now is avoiding the news even more thoroughly than I am!

• Like 5

Just now, WinnieWinkle said:

I remember back when this all this first started - 5 years ago right?? -  and I actually thought maybe it would be better just to get it and get it over with.  And then not only did we start hearing about the deaths and the long haulers but we started hearing how people could get it again.  Damn.  Anyone who isn't aware of this by now is avoiding the news even more thoroughly than I am!

She's been abnormally healthy this past year (based on phone conversations). Usually she gets colds that turn into ear infections at least every few months. So maybe that means she's sticking to a very small social pod?🤞

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

She's been abnormally healthy this past year (based on phone conversations). Usually she gets colds that turn into ear infections at least every few months. So maybe that means she's sticking to a very small social pod?

Could be. I know I commented earlier that I've gone a year without a bad cold or flu or anything communicable I guess.  I'm pretty sure there have been a few articles going the rounds about the low #s with flu this past winter.  Not too surprising really.  Around here since at least last August masks and social distancing have been the order of the day in most public places,  And for me my main source for sickness are my darling germy grandschildren 🙂  and I'm not around them much (or at all really).  So plus side?

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Drives me bonkers. Some of the "not going to get the vaccine" people I know use "I already had COVID so I don't need the vaccine" (others use complete nonsense to justify their selfishness). It's not the chickenpox. You can get it again. You can get it again and give it to others, or get sicker, or die, or kill someone else who you gave COVID to. Get the damn vaccine. I have zero tolerance for this level of ignorance. At this point it's willful.

My level of anger and anxiety hasn't changed since this started. It's just shifted. Living in a state that never shut down and doesn't have a mask mandate (and is now fully "open for business" - what. we closed??) will do that to ya. 

One day, when this is all over and I am safely back in CA for good I'm going to need to get some therapy to deal with this shit.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, theredhead77 said:

One day, when this is all over …I'm going to need to get some therapy to deal with this shit.

“So say we all”?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ebk57 said:

I am vaxxed!  Yay!!!  

For the first shot, the actual process took about an hour and a half (which did not include driving and traffic waiting to park).  Today, my appointment was at 3:30.  I got out of my car at 3 and got back into my car at 3:30.  The whole thing - house door to door - took 2 hours.  I hope this is just because it's Sunday and not because people don't want to get shot...so to speak. 

Yay!

My parents were in and out in half an hour for their first shot; for their second they were home by 15 minutes after their actual appointment time. The place was 20 minutes from their house.

• Like 7

I have an older sister who legitimately thinks she discovered everything before me even though for a gazillion years we have lived on opposite sides of the country. I have documented proof that as adults most of her proclamations are untrue but I will never live down that she in Massachusetts found a pop up clinic, four blocks from my apartment  in Sf, that didn’t show on any official sites and I got the first vax the day after it became available to everyone in SF (which happened three days early) and only had to wait 20 minutes pre vax.  
I have now acknowledged if she eventually dies before me that my niece (now age 8) can have written on my urn: She probably would have died of COVID-19 if my Mom didn’t find her a vax appointment! I can only imagine what will be written there if my sister outlives me!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 10

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I have an older sister who legitimately thinks she discovered everything thing before me even though for a gazillion years we have lived on opposite sides of the country. I have documented proof that as adults most of her proclamations are untrue but I will never live down that she in Massachusetts found a pop up clinic in Sf that didn’t show on any official  and I got the first vax the day after it became available to everyone in SF (which happened three days early) and only had to wait 20 minutes pre vax.  
I have now acknowledged if she eventually dies before me that my niece (now age 8) can have written on my urn: She probably would have died of COVID-19 if my Mom didn’t find her a vax appointment! I can only imagine what will be written there if my sister outlives me!

I got my brother vaccinated and his price was having to say he's thankful for his wonderful younger sister every Thanksgiving until death.

But an urn!  I feel like I misplayed this.......

• Laugh 19

26 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I got my brother vaccinated and his price was having to say he's thankful for his wonderful younger sister every Thanksgiving until death.

In one of the documented cases that she insists that she discovered something before I did was when I was 7 and she was 12 she bet me I couldn’t give up meat for a month. To prove her wrong I didn’t eat meat until I turned 25. She became a vegetarian at 19 but as a far better cook than her or her husband she always praises my vegetarian entrees, I imagine more so after missing several holidays!  But we are hardcore so until a better end game urns it is!*
* I should point out that our family has a tradition of having levity in funerals, wakes, tombstones, urns, benches, etc. No disrespect to others who don’t.

Both my sister and I got the Moderna everyone else close to us Pfizer and we both had arm pain and a little tiredness on the first shot. I was mostly surprised I didn’t break out into hives which is common for me. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 6

My daughter's birthday is today and she got a lovely present - she and her husband work in a hospital and they just got notified that they're able to schedule for their first vaccine this week!  They are well behind the scenes employees BTW so it's understandable they weren't first in line 🙂.  But this is wonderful news.  Slowly but surely the family is getting vaccinated!

• Like 20

10 months ago we bought a new refrigerator, and were told it would be delivered in 6 weeks. We're still waiting, as it is a victim of the chips shortage. Today the store offered us the floor model and threw in a free 5 year warranty. I've been making ice the old fashioned way since last July. Woohoo. A refrigerator with a working icemaker come Thursday.

• Like 14

Getting my shot at 6:05 tomorrow! And today I got an email from the state registration system telling me I can schedule my appointment. Um, little late, but thanks. (My brother got the email a day or two after he got his first shot last week; he said it was two months after he registered. I don't remember when I signed up.)

Anyone in New Jersey have a "witness signature" line on the consent form? Is that for someone at the site to sign or do I have to get someone to witness it?

I'm nervous but trying not to let the anxiety get to me. (My kingdom for a xanax!)

• Like 5

I keep getting notified by various medical groups that I am now eligible for a vaccine.  Round two is scheduled for Friday afternoon, so thanks, I'm good.  Some folks I work with are in this weird competitive thing of who got the vaccine when, as if it was some super power that allowed them to get it earlier.  A few things stand out to me. 1) Some of them weren't eligible when they got it unless they claimed a medical issue on their forms.  Of course, I don't know everyone's health history, but the state had a fairly limited list at that time.  We all work in tech and work from home, so no one was an essential worker.  They could qualify as a caregiver, again, I wouldn't know.  2) When they get all superior with me I have to stop myself from saying, "Yeah, I delayed because of that little surgery I had.  You know. The tiny thing when they replaced a disc in my neck.  Then I had to get a round of steroids to take down the swelling in my throat so I could swallow.  Most reasonable choice was to wait after that since it impacts the immune system. And of course I couldn't drive or stand in line at one of the walk in clinics so . . . ." People, it's not a competition! 

Either way, shot #2 is on Friday.  That way if I'm tired I have the weekend to recover. 

• Like 12

5 hours ago, chessiegal said:

10 months ago we bought a new refrigerator, and were told it would be delivered in 6 weeks. We're still waiting, as it is a victim of the chips shortage. Today the store offered us the floor model and threw in a free 5 year warranty. I've been making ice the old fashioned way since last July. Woohoo. A refrigerator with a working icemaker come Thursday.

Is that due to all the ones going into vaccines? 😀 I've heard that nurses get the microchip joke all the time. However, someone recently posted this about when he got his second dose and I may just have to use it when I get my second this coming Saturday: "Can I also get the Mark of the Beast tattoo on my forehead right now?"

• Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Day after second shot was pretty rough.  Slight fever, mild chills and body aches.  Bill Gates would have much better success chipping everyone if he made it not so unpleasant!  😄

Edited by ebk57
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 5

Considering my many health issues and compromised immune system, I got off very lightly. Barely had any side effects from the second Pfizer except for a sore arm that felt rigid for a few days and just tired for a couple of days.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 4

Several provincial governments have now lowered age eligibility for AstraZeneca to 40+!  I’ve seen funny messages all over social about how GenX is taking what Boomers don’t want, etc... I even posted one of my own:

510EA24A-EDF6-489B-8E5C-6ECF2FC4E69D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

On 4/18/2021 at 8:22 PM, theredhead77 said:

My level of anger and anxiety hasn't changed since this started. It's just shifted.

I just, for the first time in my life, emailed a podcast host (and CC’d the CEO of their main sponsor) to let them know why I was unsubscribing after six years—their inexplicable pivot to spreading an anti-science, anti-vaccine stance ... on a formerly innocuous travel podcast. I mean, I get it, you’re in the travel biz and your paychecks are taking a hit, but going full nihilism isn’t the answer. 

• Like 16

3 hours ago, ebk57 said:

Day after second shot was pretty rough.  Slight fever, mild chills and body aches.  Bill Gates would have much better success chipping everyone if he made it not so unpleasant!  😄

Curious which shot, even though I know the symptoms vary so individually that it probably doesn’t matter!

I just want to some day soon gather with friends, family  and strangers either how we breezed through, had crazy side effects were suffered, wait you didn’t have Covid you don’t even know... and why one vaccine is better than the other. I can easily point out several friends and family will adopt all of the above depending when or who they are talking to!

I learned today that Fast and the Furious 9 comes out June 25th! There is no way in hell this is not going be the first film I see in theaters!

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Curious which shot, even though I know the symptoms vary so individual that it probably doesn’t matter!

I had the Pfizer.  I was feeling better mid-afternoon, but worse as the evening went on.  Not as bad as this morning, but still... I hate feeling sick.  I'm going to take some ibuprofen now and go to bed and hope I feel well enough tomorrow to go to the office.  

• Like 5

My friend and former coworker from the Before Times and a thousand miles away had her second Pfizer yesterday. She had a slight fever but hadn’t taken anything for it. Her arm was much more sore than her first shot, and I think we agreed it was mostly due to the lack of shot-giving skill of the second person. I wondered if I could volunteer to give shots now that I’m a more than a month out from my second Moderna, and I’ve had plenty of practice on myself with 2 other medications in the past.  Gently pinching the skin really makes it painless. But then again, once I managed to give myself a bruise. 😔

• Like 2

After assuming we had run out of vaccines after they closed the drive-thru stations around here, turns out appointments were still available. Even more than last week when I checked. I don't understand our province's planning. But I never did.

So, got my first shot of AstraZeneca. So far, no reaction of any kind. But it's only been a half hour. Took about half an hour including waiting 15 minutes after the shot. All very anticlimactic.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Getting my shot at 6:05 tomorrow! And today I got an email from the state registration system telling me I can schedule my appointment. Um, little late, but thanks. (My brother got the email a day or two after he got his first shot last week; he said it was two months after he registered. I don't remember when I signed up.)

Anyone in New Jersey have a "witness signature" line on the consent form? Is that for someone at the site to sign or do I have to get someone to witness it?

I'm nervous but trying not to let the anxiety get to me. (My kingdom for a xanax!)

I got my first shot this morning at the mega site in Edison.  The paper I signed didn’t have a witness signature line, only thing was if the person getting vaccinated was a minor, someone over 18 had to sign it for them.  The guy at that station asked if I was nervous and I said a little then he asked if I wanted the vaccine.  I said yes (I don’t want to be responsible for creating and or spreading a variant!).  My anxiety went down as I was going through the process.   It was just not knowing exactly what to expect.  I should be ok for the 2nd shot.  
My appointment went pretty smoothly.  I was on a constantly moving line through a maze like in the bank then when I got to the spot where I got vaccinated the young woman asked me a bunch of questions.  I took the shot in my left (non dominant) arm and hardly felt a thing.  I go back on May 11.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cobb Salad said:

I got my first shot this morning at the mega site in Edison.  The paper I signed didn’t have a witness signature line, only thing was if the person getting vaccinated was a minor, someone over 18 had to sign it for them.  The guy at that station asked if I was nervous and I said a little then he asked if I wanted the vaccine.  I said yes (I don’t want to be responsible for creating and or spreading a variant!).  My anxiety went down as I was going through the process.   It was just not knowing exactly what to expect.  I should be ok for the 2nd shot.  
My appointment went pretty smoothly.  I was on a constantly moving line through a maze like in the bank then when I got to the spot where I got vaccinated the young woman asked me a bunch of questions.  I took the shot in my left (non dominant) arm and hardly felt a thing.  I go back on May 11.  

I got the email from the state registration system yesterday, and just out of curiosity I clicked the link. The only thing it showed me was the site down at Rowan, which I would not want to drive to by myself (it's ~2 hours away). That was where my brother was originally planning to go last Wednesday, but he was able to get an appointment at (or near?) Rutgers last Tuesday, which was a drive-through thing. Much better since he lives in the Woodbridge area (but he went to Rowan so he knows the area, and doesn't mind driving). We both go back on May 11, as well.

I'll be okay once I am confident I am not going to have an allergic reaction or something (this is a long-time anxiety thing with me, not strictly related to the vaccine; I do the same thing when I get a flu shot even though I've never had more than a sore arm in 10+ years of getting the flu shot. Also sometimes with certain foods and other medications. I have never been allergic to anything except Spring). Not really worried about the common potential side effects that have been reported. I won't have to go out for the next two days; so if I do get some and feel bad enough I'll take sick time, otherwise I can just camp out on the couch with my work laptop.

The form from the hospital website has a place for me to sign with date/time (and a line to list the relationship if the person signing is not the patient), a witness signature line (also with date/time), and then a line for the administrator of the shot. I just printed two copies yesterday and stopped at my parents' on my way home. My dad signed one and I left the other blank. I'll just give them whichever one they need.

• Like 4

Weird. I didn't need to sign any forms when I got my shots. The nurses completed my vaccine card. The only thing I had to provide was my driver's license.

• Like 2

Weird. I didn't need to sign any forms when I got my shots. The nurses completed my vaccine card. The only thing I had to provide was my driver's license.

Did you fill out an online form for your appointment? That might have transmitted info to the place where you got your vaccination.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shapeshifter said:

Did you fill out an online form for your appointment? That might have transmitted info to the place where you got your vaccination.

Oh, yes. That was what I had to do when the slots opened up and I kept hitting any and all dates to schedule an appointment and the form popped up that provided the Q code and confirmation of my vaccine shots dates and times.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

There's an "informed consent" form (plus a separate fact sheet for each vaccine) and a questionnaire asking if you feel sick today, have you had a severe allergic reaction to this or any vaccine or anything else, have you had covid, and a few other health-history-type questions.

• Like 1

There's an "informed consent" form (plus a separate fact sheet for each vaccine) and a questionnaire asking if you feel sick today, have you had a severe allergic reaction to this or any vaccine or anything else, have you had covid, and a few other health-history-type questions.

I get that via text. I signed up for vaxsafe through the CDC, so I completed their questions for up to three days after each shot, and then each week for two weeks.

The form I completed when making the appointment was to answer the questions to prove my eligibility. But didn't have to sign anything at the site.

• Like 1

I get that via text. I signed up for vaxsafe through the CDC, so I completed their questions for up to three days after each shot, and then each week for two weeks.

The form I completed when making the appointment was to answer the questions to prove my eligibility. But didn't have to sign anything at the site.

Interesting... never heard of vaxsafe...

When they called to make the appointment, she told me to go to the hospital website to print the forms, and also bring my ID and insurance card.

• Like 1

Interesting... never heard of vaxsafe...

When they called to make the appointment, she told me to go to the hospital website to print the forms, and also bring my ID and insurance card.

My mistake-it's V-Safe. Maybe it's because I went to a mass vaccination site? They were passing out flyers with instructions and in the left hand corner was a QR cod for V-Safe (issued by CDC), and when you sign up, it sends you texts, asking how you're feeling, what symptoms you're having, etc. 

I would get a text about six hours after each shot; and would get follow up text at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

My mistake-it's V-Safe. Maybe it's because I went to a mass vaccination site? They were passing out flyers with instructions and in the left hand corner was a QR cod for V-Safe (issued by CDC), and when you sign up, it sends you texts, asking how you're feeling, what symptoms you're having, etc.

I signed up for V-Safe after my first shot as well and got all the text messages.  Now they keep sending reminders that it’s time for my second shot, but there is nowhere to reply that the state won’t let me get it until next week even though it’s Pfizer and I could have had it a week ago. 😢

• Like 2

SilverStormm

Community Manager Notice

To those who have followed the rules, we thank you. However, unfortunately, a number of folks seem to find themselves unable to adhere to the topic rule (it's in the topic title) of Personal Stories only, which means - once again - the mods are having to babysit in here more than is acceptable. Consequently, this topic will remain locked until further notice; with a caveat that when it does return, if the same situation arises, warnings and bans will be issued and the topic may be locked permanently.