Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

COVID-19: Personal Stories

Recommended Posts

I received my second Pfizer shot today. My understanding is it's going to take hours before major side effects show up, if they do, so wish me luck. 🙂

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I don't see a clear path to recovery for personal social impacts, whereas the vaccines are *relatively* straightforward. 

I feel like I've been so guarded for so long I don't know how to let myself trust a vaccine that I have no reason not to trust (fully in two weeks), especially when so much of the country/world is not where I'm lucky to be right now and we still need to take precautions for a while.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, tres bien said:

In case you missed this.

Today the CDC and FDA are recommending that the use of the J & H vaccine be paused over blood clot concerns.

There have been six cases reported of rare and severe blood clots out 6.8 doses given,  to women only,  ages 18 to 48. The blood clots occurred six to thirteen days after receiving the J & J vaccine. 

 

3 hours ago, tres bien said:

Update to J & J vaccine pause.

One patient died. One is in critical condition. However the CDC and FDA expect the pause to only be temporary. 

My son had his J & J vaccine Saturday and has complained of massive headaches since... do you think he will call his PCP just in case?  No.  ugh.   He feels that since the headache started so soon after, that it can't possibly be anything to worry about. 

But I'm his momma and I'm going to keep freaking out till his headaches go away/he sees his doctor, whichever comes first.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post

Headache is a documented side effect of all three that have EUA in the US. I definitely got a headache within an hour of both doses (Pfizer). It's also one of the default things v-safe asked me about.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Callietwo said:

 

My son had his J & J vaccine Saturday and has complained of massive headaches since... do you think he will call his PCP just in case?  No.  ugh.   He feels that since the headache started so soon after, that it can't possibly be anything to worry about. 

But I'm his momma and I'm going to keep freaking out till his headaches go away/he sees his doctor, whichever comes first.  

☹   The J & J pause was because six patients were affected. All were women between the ages of 18 and 48.  And that was 6 out of nearly 7 million total doses administered to men and women. 

 

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

So I officially won’t have internet or cable until Wednesday. And I find out that they might make us work from home for another SIX MONTHS.

200.gif

 

18 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

When my son's company sent everyone home last March it was supposed to be for a month.  Then somewhere along the line the powers that be decided to close the office and have everyone work from home indefinitely.  Last he heard the indefinite was going to be permanent.  He's happy about it as he hated his commute and now his commute is down a flight of stairs to the home office otherwise known as a corner of the basement.   I'm glad he's happy about it but for me I'd really  miss being in the office and out of the house.  Being out of the house was why I went back to work in the first place!!

Please PM me the names of these companies and/or the people who can hire me because the assholes I work for are trying to rushing us back to the office before we even get vaccinated even though 1) I've always been remote, and 2) the job was presented as remote and never anything different. The office is across the county and I'm NOT looking forward to going when I don't go ANYWHERE now.

My first shot is tomorrow!

  • Like 6
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Abra said:
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I don't see a clear path to recovery for personal social impacts, whereas the vaccines are *relatively* straightforward. 

I feel like I've been so guarded for so long I don't know how to let myself trust a vaccine that I have no reason not to trust (fully in two weeks), especially when so much of the country/world is not where I'm lucky to be right now and we still need to take precautions for a while.

At least for me there's an overlap between my default-paranoid-fear-of-catching-Covid mode and the general toll of social isolation isolation. I had my 2nd Moderna over a month ago, but it's been less than a week since I've started carrying a mask in a pocket instead of around my neck when I go for my walks on a beach where I might encounter at most one other person who would be at least 12 feet away. And I still get nervous in stores and put off grocery and other shopping. All of this is making me less social.
What I meant by the vaccines being "relatively straightforward" was that you get one or two shots --or possibly a booster in the future-- and that's it. After that, we don't have to think every day about where and how we're going to get our shots.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Overheard after coworker got off the phone with a customer: "He says 'no way am I getting that vaccine. I had covid; what are the odds I'll get it again?'"

Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

  • Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

If that gif doesn't just sum up how I've felt this past year in general...

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

The director of my company just sent a survey asking 1) do we want to go back?  2) if so, how many days a week 3) what would we need to continue working from home (tools) and 4) what tools would we need if we go hybrid.  

I'm so glad they're asking this rather than telling us we have to do XYZ.  I chose 1-2 days a week, if I have to go back at all.  I'd rather just keep working from home.  Especially in the summer when I can work from my patio.  That was awesome last summer.  My mental health really benefitted from all the sunshine.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, kieyra said:

Is there any chance you had COVID19 in the past? Totally anecdotal but everyone I know who has reacted significantly to shot 1 was confirmed or suspected exposed last year ...

Either way, thanks for the info.

Shot 2 for me later this week ...

No .. no covid, no cold, no sore throat .. nothing.  Also tested negative twice before 2 eye surgeries.  Plus, my husband, 2 daughters, 1 Son and 2 Sons in laws had some affects after the first Pfizer and Moderna shots.  None had Covid before.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, bilgistic said:

 

Please PM me the names of these companies and/or the people who can hire me because the assholes I work for are trying to rushing us back to the office before we even get vaccinated even though 1) I've always been remote, and 2) the job was presented as remote and never anything different. The office is across the county and I'm NOT looking forward to going when I don't go ANYWHERE now.

My first shot is tomorrow!

Oh I can tolerate working from home but not when I lose my fucking internet and cable and therefore can’t work. Hoping it gets fixed tomorrow.

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Silver Bells said:

No .. no covid, no cold, no sore throat .. nothing.

The only upside to this pandemic has been going over a year without a bad cold or flu or, well, anything really.  Makes me almost want to wear a mask all the time and sanitize grocery carts etc as a part of my routine.  Would I get a lot of weird looks 5 yrs from now?  God I hope so!!

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

31 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Oh I can tolerate working from home but not when I lose my fucking internet and cable and therefore can’t work. Hoping it gets fixed tomorrow.

No internet —or at least phone data— right now, for more than a day, would drive me nuts, and I’m retired.  
@Spartan Girl, do you at least have unlimited phone data? One of my daughters “tethers” her laptop to her phone instead of subscribing to WiFi ––or at least she did when she lived in an apartment that was going to be nearly impossible to wire. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

No internet —or at least phone data— right now, for more than a day, would drive me nuts, and I’m retired.  
@Spartan Girl, do you at least have unlimited phone data? One of my daughters “tethers” her laptop to her phone instead of subscribing to WiFi ––or at least she did when she lived in an apartment that was going to be nearly impossible to wire. 

Yes and I’ve been using it for the past day. Better than nothing I guess but I want to watch TV, dammit!

Still can’t complain. We went to the humane society for the first time in a year and we petted the cats. I think we were careful enough.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Callietwo said:

The director of my company just sent a survey asking 1) do we want to go back?  2) if so, how many days a week 3) what would we need to continue working from home (tools) and 4) what tools would we need if we go hybrid.  

I'm so glad they're asking this rather than telling us we have to do XYZ.  I chose 1-2 days a week, if I have to go back at all.  I'd rather just keep working from home.  Especially in the summer when I can work from my patio.  That was awesome last summer.  My mental health really benefitted from all the sunshine.  

Wanna drop me the name of your company, too...?? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Yes and I’ve been using it for the past day. Better than nothing I guess but I want to watch TV, dammit!

I know it’s not the same, but does your TV provider have an app?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, tres bien said:

My son had his J & J vaccine Saturday and has complained of massive headaches since... do you think he will call his PCP just in case?  No.  ugh.   He feels that since the headache started so soon after, that it can't possibly be anything to worry about. 

But I'm his momma and I'm going to keep freaking out till his headaches go away/he sees his doctor, whichever comes first.  

Please don’t freak out.  Me and my whole family had bad headaches after Pfizer and Moderna shots.  Some right away, some after a few days.  They go away.  2 Tylenol’s.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Woo!  I'm scheduled for my first shot (Pfizer) next Thursday, and with my healthcare provider (which I prefer, although I'd have happily gone to a city/county mass vaccination site if it was going to take too long to get an appointment with Kaiser).  I wasn't supposed to be able to make an appointment until I became eligible, which is the 15th, but a mass automated call went out, so I tried it, and was able to do it online.

I thought it would be even harder with the temporary pause on J&J meaning their supply now only consists of two, not three, options, but they had a lot of days and times to choose from.  I was afraid I was going to have to drag my ass out of bed, but I got an appointment for 2:00, which is my prime time.

Things are s-l-o-w at work right now <knocking on wood>, so I'll easily be able to rest if I have any significant side effects.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Saw this on Twitter earlier-can this letter be posted in every single paper possible?

 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

One of my daughters “tethers” her laptop to her phone instead of subscribing to WiFi ––or at least she did when she lived in an apartment that was going to be nearly impossible to wire. 

Definitely helpful. I didn't even know you could do that until recently! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

It took me quite a few tries at different places to get an appointment, but I finally did and got my first shot this morning. I was quite impressed with their organization. I guess it's lucky they have a space with a hallway that goes all the way around. Just follow the different colored arrows, stopping in little offices to check in, get the shot, check out and just like that, you're back at the lobby to rest! I was mostly happy the snow waited until I got home!

My arm is slightly sore. It probably didn't help that on my walk tonight I found a small headboard out with someone's trash that I wanted to use in my mini gnome village (Gnomeland Security) and I carried about 8 blocks. But even with that, it's not bad. I was sort of headache-y but I think that's likely because I didn't sleep well last night more than anything.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

My arm is slightly sore. It probably didn't help that on my walk tonight I found a small headboard out with someone's trash that I wanted to use in my mini gnome village (Gnomeland Security) and I carried about 8 blocks. But even with that, it's not bad. I was sort of headache-y but I think that's likely because I didn't sleep well last night more than anything.

Upthread some said that using the shot arm is good, so I think carrying your Gnomeland board may be why your arm is only "slightly sore," whereas mine felt like I'd been hit by a cannon ball. 😉

Reading upthread that the J&J vaccine caused headaches makes me glad I had Moderna, because headaches usually become migraines for me. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

My brother got his first shot today, Moderna. Just a sore arm, so far, at least.

I'm the only one left... 😕

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, kieyra said:

A friend of mind said he was getting his vaccine card laminated at an office supply store (PSA: DON'T GET YOUR VACCINE CARD LAMINATED, but anyway), when a cop started chatting with him and mentioned that the vaccines were the govt's way of collecting your DNA.

I wish someone would say this kind of thing to me in RL. I never get to have any fun. I must just have that kind of face. 

People are ridiculous. That's what Ancestry DNA is for, heh. 

I got my altered pay stub. I hope all goes well and there are no problems getting the vaccine tomorrow. 

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

6 hours ago, jewel21 said:

I got my altered pay stub. I hope all goes well and there are no problems getting the vaccine tomorrow. 

Good luck!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, jewel21 said:

People are ridiculous. That's what Ancestry DNA is for, heh. 

My first thought was: "He's a cop. Has he never watched a single episode of Dateline? He can get anyone's DNA by taking their garbage."

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, kieyra said:

Respectfully, it's Johnson and Johnson (and AstraZenica) linked to the (incredibly rare) chance of blood clots. 

Pfizer and Moderna don't have the link and are a very different kind of vaccine.

I recall reading that Pfizer has been linked with blood clots as well, not sure about Moderna, but as you say the risk is infinitesimally tiny.  All I could find was from a piece in the Daily Fail on 16th March: 

“... data from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) regulator in the UK show more people have reported blood clots after having Pfizer's vaccine than the Oxford one — even though Pfizer's jab has not been suspended anywhere.

Up to February 28 there were 38 reports from approximately 11.5million doses of Pfizer's jab, compared to 30 from 9.7m AstraZeneca doses. However, neither figure – the equivalent of one blood clot seen in every 367,000 jabs – is thought to be higher than the risk expected in the general population. “

Still a bit grumpy that I can’t get my second Pfizer on Sunday; have to wait a fourth week for my appointment.  I was going to try switching online but the husband is worried I’ll mess things up somehow or I’ll get something that interferes with his all-important GOLF SCHEDULE.  As if I would do that just to be vaccinated sooner!!  😁

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/13/2021 at 7:31 AM, kieyra said:

A friend of mind said he was getting his vaccine card laminated at an office supply store (PSA: DON'T GET YOUR VACCINE CARD LAMINATED, but anyway), when a cop started chatting with him and mentioned that the vaccines were the govt's way of collecting your DNA.

I wish someone would say this kind of thing to me in RL. I never get to have any fun. I must just have that kind of face. 

Someone told me (in IRL) that getting a vaccine meant the government could track me. I had the pleasure of responding back "because they couldn't already do so via my iPhone (work), Android phone (personal), smart watch, or GPS in my car?" That was fun.

I've been having fantastic luck finding appointments for all my friends. I think I shared I got a same day appointment for a friend in CA at a grocery store not far from his house (slid right into a cancellation) and a next day appointment for a different friend. Last night I found an appointment for a friend in FL at a WalMart 8 miles from their office instead of one we scheduled earlier 45 miles away. Georgia went from zero slots to walk-in appointments at at least one vaccination site. We're still last in the country percentage wise so this doesn't bode well for the population being vaccinated but I do hope that our vaccination numbers go up since Georgia is officially "open for business" to which I say "we were ever closed??".

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Caoimhe said:

I recall reading that Pfizer has been linked with blood clots as well, not sure about Moderna, but as you say the risk is infinitesimally tiny.  All I could find was from a piece in the Daily Fail on 16th March: 

The articles that talk about the blood clotting say it hasn't really been noted in Pfizer or Moderna. 

https://www.statnews.com/2021/04/13/researchers-search-for-answers-in-puzzle-of-blood-clots-and-covid-vaccines-and-see-some-clues/

On Tuesday, Peter Marks, head of the FDA center that regulates vaccines, said on a call with reporters that there have been no cases of CVST with thrombocytopenia with the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines, indicating that the side effect is not occurring with those vaccines.

Another article I read said there were three reported cases out of 68 million doses given in the US but I'm guessing that's so negligible or unconnected to the vaccines. 

But COVID has a much higher risk of blood clots compared to J&J. Luckily, people I know weren't set to get J&J so their appointments weren't cancelled but I feel for those who thought they had an appointment and now have to wait again. 

 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Please keep to personal experiences as laid out in the orange note above where you post. 

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

But COVID has a much higher risk of blood clots compared to J&J. Luckily, people I know weren't set to get J&J so their appointments weren't cancelled but I feel for those who thought they had an appointment and now have to wait again. 

The folks I know who were volunteering at a supposed-to-be J&J site this week said no appointments were cancelled (at least not cancelled by the clinic). They were switched to Pfizer. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that. That may not be the case everywhere, and of course people who had allergy reasons for needing J&J and not Pfizer do have to wait, but it seems like it's not necessarily a wait for folks who had those appointments.

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Our local mass vaccination site switched to Pfizer, but I do know some (all?) of the neighboring counties that had clinics scheduled put them on hold. I'm not sure if they couldn't get Pfizer, or if because of the nature of the clinic they want J&J so it's a one-shot deal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I got my first shot earlier. It was a drive-through setup at one of the two healthcare system's main hospital's parking lot. It was super organized and so fast that I felt overwhelmed. I barely had time to write my name and birthdate on my card.

I'm now treating myself to brunch outside because it's a beautiful day and work is slow and my partner has it covered for me because we have each other's back like that.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I scheduled my 1st cataract surgery today - first available was in June! I have to have a Covid test 3 days prior to surgery and then completely isolate until surgery. Can't even leave the house. I've never been tested for Covid. I'm fully vaccinated, so things should be okay.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I posted about the botox spa that was making 1400 appointments a day, which had an inspection last Saturday that caused the authorities to "pause" vaccinations immediately due to "irregularities in vaccine storage and handling":

On 4/10/2021 at 4:11 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I'm glad I noticed how many appointments they were scheduling and decided not to make the 1-1/2 hour dive down there, because I thought there was no way they could actually do it.  Plenty of people didn't put as much thought into it, and are not happy with their current situation. 

And they're even less happy now, because everyone who got a shot there at any time, and not just on the day of the inspection, is instructed to consider their vaccine invalid and they have to start over.  As if that's not bad enough, they can't start over until the date for their second dose comes up.  Like if they got a Pfizer vaccine, they have to wait until three weeks after the invalid dose before they can start the new two-dose schedule.  If Moderna, or if they don't know which one they got, they have to wait four weeks before starting over.  And these were people who were clamoring for an appointment, sometimes driving hours to get there.  Plus, they get to deal with wondering what the effect of three doses might be, since there's a chance their first dose was valid.

The new notice goes further than the first one, and cites "substandard vaccine storage and handling, vaccine preparation, mass clinic operations and poor recordkeeping practices."  I still can't believe that I, a mere civilian looking for an appointment, grokked that this was going to be a clusterfuck while nobody in authority did.  A couple of people on Reddit apparently did the same thing I did--looked at who was offering the shots, a satellite view of the location, the credentials of the "doctor," and the number of appointments being scheduled--and concluded, "I don't feel good about this.  I'll pass."  And honestly, I was mainly concerned that I would be waiting hours to be admitted to a superspreader event, not that they would fuck up the actual vaccines. 

And I tried to do my part.  I sent an email tip to the local news station I watch, which was all over a story about delays at a mass vaccination site, telling them that it didn't seem possible that this place could pull off that many vaccinations, but didn't hear back and there were no stories in any media until the inspection caused the "pause" a week later. 

I don't know...I feel terrible for the people who were affected, but come on.  Pay attention!  Unless you got the last appointment available on a given day, you could see on the page that there were up to 11 appointments available for every three-minute period, and the instructions before you even get to that page talked about waiting outside until your appointment time, and which door to use, so it wasn't a drive-through location.  Think to yourself, "How can this place handle this?"  The answer I came up with was, "They can't."  And I was right.  And I'm not that special.

 

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 6
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I scheduled my 1st cataract surgery today - first available was in June!

I had to have cataract surgery about 10 years ago.  I don't know if you are wearing glasses now but for me after the second surgery (they did one eye at a time) for the first time since I was 6 yrs old I did not need glasses.  Took me ages to stop automatically "pushing" my glasses up along my nose and to stop reaching for them first thing as I got out of bed!  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I had to have cataract surgery about 10 years ago.  I don't know if you are wearing glasses now but for me after the second surgery (they did one eye at a time) for the first time since I was 6 yrs old I did not need glasses.  Took me ages to stop automatically "pushing" my glasses up along my nose and to stop reaching for them first thing as I got out of bed!  

I had mine about 10 years ago too. First time since 7 years old with no glasses. Needed reading glasses after 5 years though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, rcc said:

Needed reading glasses after 5 years though.

I am experiencing this now too.  Mostly I am still ok without glasses but anything with small print (especially instructions on the back of medicine bottles!!) I definitely need reading glasses.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, I've been wearing glasses since I was 9 - 61 years. They've always been able to correct to 20/20, but this last exam the best they could do was 20/50 and said it would only get worse. I'm glad elective surgery is possible now. I can barely make out my online tv guide on a 60 inch hi def tv. They told me I'll probably need reading glasses, and I'm okay with that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

For those following the side effects - I had my second Pfizer dose yesterday morning. I had a little bit of a sore arm, then woke up around 4 AM today with body/muscle aches. I'm tired, but that of course could be from the lack of restful sleep. Tylenol is working really well on the muscle aches. I think I may have had a slight fever this afternoon,  but didn't check before I took another Tylenol dose.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I am experiencing this now too.  Mostly I am still ok without glasses but anything with small print (especially instructions on the back of medicine bottles!!) I definitely need reading glasses.  

I noticed reading labels at grocery store. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

27 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I had to have cataract surgery about 10 years ago.  I don't know if you are wearing glasses now but for me after the second surgery (they did one eye at a time) for the first time since I was 6 yrs old I did not need glasses.  Took me ages to stop automatically "pushing" my glasses up along my nose and to stop reaching for them first thing as I got out of bed!  

16 minutes ago, rcc said:

I had mine about 10 years ago too. First time since 7 years old with no glasses. Needed reading glasses after 5 years though.

Maybe because I had my cataracts done 15 years ago and because I need to be able to see fine details, mine was not so successful. I still have astigmatism and always wear trifocals, except when walking on the beach.
But, yes, I have also been saying for the last 15 years that at least if there was an apocalypse and I didn't have any glasses, I would no longer be legally blind. 
Heh.
Who knew there really would be an apocalypse? 
(and I still have my glasses, because I have survived it rather well)

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

My internet and cable is back up, thank God. Also moved my work area to upstairs and it’s nicer. Got more space.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

.But, yes, I have also been saying for the last 15 years that at least if there was an apocalypse and I didn't have any glasses, I would no longer be legally blind. 
Heh.
Who knew there really would be an apocalypse? 
(and I still have my glasses, because I have survived it rather well)

Yes, don't be like poor Henry "Time enough at last" Bemis!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

I thought I was finally feeling better after my 2nd Moderna shot last Wednesday but I was back to feeling tired and yucky today.  It might be unrelated but I can't figure out what else could make me feel like this.  I haven't been out more than twice since the second shot or close enough to anyone other than my husband who has hopefully been very careful on the few occasions he's been out.  Unless I want to worry about the checkout line at the supermarket, but I've only been to two since the shot and I've been quick and use self serv. aisles.   It didn't help that my phone woke me up very early this morning and I didn't get enough sleep.  I had a nap but still felt yucky afterward.  It's strange because I felt very good on Tuesday and was thinking I was feeling better every day and was probably past it altogether.  It's not like I never felt crappy before the 2nd vaccine dose but not like this other than that one time last Fall where I had a reaction to medication and thought it might be Covid.  I got tested and it was negative.

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I thought I was finally feeling better after my 2nd Moderna shot last Wednesday but I was back to feeling tired and yucky today.  It might be unrelated but I can't figure out what else could make me feel like this.  I haven't been out more than twice since the second shot or close enough to anyone other than my husband who has hopefully been very careful on the few occasions he's been out.  Unless I want to worry about the checkout line at the supermarket, but I've only been to two since the shot and I've been quick and use self serv. aisles.   It didn't help that my phone woke me up very early this morning and I didn't get enough sleep.  I had a nap but still felt yucky afterward.  It's strange because I felt very good on Tuesday and was thinking I was feeling better every day and was probably past it altogether.  It's not like I never felt crappy before the 2nd vaccine dose but not like this other than that one time last Fall where I had a reaction to medication and thought it might be Covid.  I got tested and it was negative.

I've been having bouts of fatigue since my chemotherapy in 2016, so if I was filling out a post-Moderna checklist that included something like "extreme fatigue" I don't know whether or not I would check it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Just checked the NJ vaccine finder site and it said the hospital in my town had "appointments available as of 26 minutes ago." I went to the site and they have a request form so I filled that out and got an email that says, "Expect a call back within 5 business days between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. to schedule your appointment." Guess we'll see.

The other county site I've been checking has not even been letting me search the last two days, and CVS/Walgreens/Wegmans all had nothing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Had my second Pfizer shot yesterday afternoon at a local CVS. From walking in the door to my shot took less than 10 minutes, including them checking my insurance info in their system. I didn't sleep well last night, maybe due to the vaccine, not sure, but today I'm a little tired, the vaccine site on my arm is sore, and my shoulder is achy, but otherwise no ill effects.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Just checked the NJ vaccine finder site and it said the hospital in my town had "appointments available as of 26 minutes ago." I went to the site and they have a request form so I filled that out and got an email that says, "Expect a call back within 5 business days between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. to schedule your appointment." Guess we'll see.

The other county site I've been checking has not even been letting me search the last two days, and CVS/Walgreens/Wegmans all had nothing.

Have you been checking CVS.com, Walgreens.com, etc...? https://vaccinefinder.org/ isn't 110% with its inventory but it's been really good as a starting point. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
SilverStormm

Community Manager Notice

To those who have followed the rules, we thank you. However, unfortunately, a number of folks seem to find themselves unable to adhere to the topic rule (it's in the topic title) of Personal Stories only, which means - once again - the mods are having to babysit in here more than is acceptable. Consequently, this topic will remain locked until further notice; with a caveat that when it does return, if the same situation arises, warnings and bans will be issued and the topic may be locked permanently.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size