Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

COVID-19: Personal Stories

Recommended Posts

I do love a good conspiracy theory.  Of all the things that the governments of the world should team up for, this is the only thing they all agreed to.  

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

I found hand sanitizer wipes at the grocery store today - first time since March. Off brands, but that doesn't bother me. Kind of like when tp first started showing up in stores it was off brand. Can the fridge we bought in July be far behind?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Early this year, I decided I needed new kitchen curtains.   I finally remembered to take measurements, and wrote them down, intending to go to a local drapery shop on my lunch hour to pick out fabric and design for a custom order.  It was the first week of March.  I'm glad I didn't get around to going, because I would have had to put down a hefty deposit, and whatever fabric I selected would no doubt still be on a slow boat from China. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

My housekeeper texted me this morning that someone in her son’s daycare tested positive this week, and thaT she and her family have to quarantine for 14 days. Then she said she could come to clean later this week, since she had a negative test. I shut that down fast, and said we’d wait until the first week in December (but pay her for this week) to make sure everyone is safe. I was really surprised by her text, because I thought that she was being very careful, but it seems like she has a different idea of quarantine than I do. 

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MargeGunderson said:

My housekeeper texted me this morning that someone in her son’s daycare tested positive this week, and thaT she and her family have to quarantine for 14 days. Then she said she could come to clean later this week, since she had a negative test. I shut that down fast, and said we’d wait until the first week in December (but pay her for this week) to make sure everyone is safe. I was really surprised by her text, because I thought that she was being very careful, but it seems like she has a different idea of quarantine than I do. 

We stopped our cleaning service back in March. Even if the individual people are being careful, they're going into a bunch of different homes & cleaning up other people's dirty stuff. Not worth the possible contagions IMO.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I was at a Safeway yesterday and the cereal  isle was pretty darn bare, as well as frozen dinners.  It appears  I’m not the only one addicted to Cherry Garcia. 
My current dilemma is my son texted asking me asking if I had plans for Thanksgiving.  He is well aware I’ve been in pretty much in  solitary confinement ( in fact those in solitary confinement most likely have more human contact than I do) I understood his little family was going to his wife’s  sisters place that they consider in their bubble.   He said I could come along If I wanted.  I said thanks no.   I felt the need to say his wife and kids most likely to be able to bounce back from a Covid but he would not.    So now he’s on a campaign to get us 2 individual meals and eat together.    . At this point of endless days of not even knowing what day it is doesn’t seem like any other day.   Christmas is what I’m concerned about. 
I see on a local FB page and it’s incredible the people who say if you’re afraid stay home and then  let them live their life.  They feel compelled to announce statistics  of herd Immunity.  They also give numbers of yearly cancer , heart disease etc deaths a year.  Are those contagious?  
yeah it all makes me very cranky.  

 

  • Like 7
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I was at a Safeway yesterday and the cereal  isle was pretty darn bare, as well as frozen dinners.  It appears  I’m not the only one addicted to Cherry Garcia. 
My current dilemma is my son texted asking me asking if I had plans for Thanksgiving.  He is well aware I’ve been in pretty much in  solitary confinement ( in fact those in solitary confinement most likely have more human contact than I do) I understood his little family was going to his wife’s  sisters place that they consider in their bubble.   He said I could come along If I wanted.  I said thanks no.   I felt the need to say his wife and kids most likely to be able to bounce back from a Covid but he would not.    So now he’s on a campaign to get us 2 individual meals and eat together.    . At this point of endless days of not even knowing what day it is doesn’t seem like any other day.   Christmas is what I’m concerned about. 
I see on a local FB page and it’s incredible the people who say if you’re afraid stay home and then  let them live their life.  They feel compelled to announce statistics  of herd Immunity.  They also give numbers of yearly cancer , heart disease etc deaths a year.  Are those contagious?  
yeah it all makes me very cranky.  

 

Yes and the people who say if you afraid stay at home never seem to reply when I say I would  love to stay at home but I have to work to afford my apartment, pay my bills, buy food and go to the dentist. I then ask if they would be willing to support my while I am staying at home. Surprisingly they have no response. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

I took a break from this thread, because I was just trying to shut most of it out. I'm almost always at home, and I didn't want to continue being annoyed by locals in local groups, so I snoozed the groups, and finally started to read more. Up until the last two weeks, when my focus was lost again. Now covid is surging all over my State, and I'm getting nervous again (after I'd finally started to do my own food shopping again, and tried on some boots recently, trying to beat the crowds that are sure to form - but my heel is too narrow, so I didn't find anything).

Our governor has issued a curfew starting Thursday night. I'm never out late anymore, so it doesn't affect me. I've seen a lot of instagram posts and adverts, talking about how this Thanksgiving and Christmas will look a lot different this year. One thing that is also getting to me, is that it won't be that different for us. We don't go to family (mostly - dad has once in the past), mum is gone, my sister won't be here, and hasn't been since early 2017. We have gone to the movies every New Year's since we lost mum (2016), but we can't do that this year. There's hardly anyone there when we've been, because it's New Year's, but I wonder how many people will make that assumption this year. Dad talked about splurging on a huge TV for the living room, but we can't really afford it. 

I wasn't baking when everyone else was, because I was depressed and living on frozen dinners. I've been thinking about getting a less expensive stand mixer, but don't know if I should. I have stomach issues, so I can't eat a lot of bread or pies, but I was finally in the mood to try, just before Halloween. Also: what if there ends up being another shortage of flour and yeast? I've only just found my favourite chips at Fresh Thyme again (Sweet Maui chips, that taste really good to me at first, and after a few handfuls, they don't taste so good, and I wonder why I bought them).

Edited by Anela
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I found hand sanitizer wipes at the grocery store today - first time since March. Off brands, but that doesn't bother me. Kind of like when tp first started showing up in stores it was off brand. Can the fridge we bought in July be far behind?

In NE Ohio, I found them at the World Market, but we don't appear to have a shortage right now. I saw shelves of them at Giant Eagle, too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

One of my aunts is also dying from cancer. She had trouble walking over a month ago, and now she's worse. I've been wondering when we will lose her, and if the funeral will be over something like Zoom. Ugh, I need to think about something else. I've missed people in this thread - I was not only avoiding covid talk, but still not watching much at all. I can't binge watch when I'm stressed. We got rid of cable, and should have done that earlier in the year. We now have basic Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. I might upgrade to hulu + live TV for a couple of months over the holidays, but damn, we could have saved over $600 if we'd got rid of it in April. 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, I'm talking too much but Jane the Virgin was the main thing that I watched, until the end of October, and I loved it. So sweet, and hilarious. I might do a re-watch, but I want to cross some thing off my list first. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'm seeing all these long lines to get tested and figured it was because the virus is rampaging, but then realized it's more likely a peek into the massive numbers of people who are planning get-togethers for Thanksgiving.  And these are just the ones who think they are being safe.

 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, Anela said:

One of my aunts is also dying from cancer. She had trouble walking over a month ago, and now she's worse. I've been wondering when we will lose her, and if the funeral will be over something like Zoom. Ugh, I need to think about something else. I've missed people in this thread - I was not only avoiding covid talk, but still not watching much at all. I can't binge watch when I'm stressed. We got rid of cable, and should have done that earlier in the year. We now have basic Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. I might upgrade to hulu + live TV for a couple of months over the holidays, but damn, we could have saved over $600 if we'd got rid of it in April. 

I’m sorry you are having such a hard time. You have so many stressful things happening .   I know I can’t read/ concentrate when I’m in this state, and don’t eat.  It was 10 last night when it dawned on me I hadn’t eaten since breakfast.  .  
Can you do something mindless like I do word puzzles or solitaire? I ordered cards to play solitaire because it reminds me of my grandmother teaching me as a kid.  The cards came from Amazon and they were only in two colors so I downloaded a app. I play both all the time as I let the piles of mail and crap around me stack up.  
Hopefully our minds will get a boost when we know there Is light at the end of the tunnel in the form of a vaccine for everyone. 
My son was not letting up on me so I did order 2 thanksgiving meals from a restaurant  and will eat at his house while his wife and my grandkids are at her sisters. 
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/15/2020 at 6:48 PM, Giant Misfit said:

Please do! I am still reeling from the shit show I saw in AC yesterday. The size of that indoor crowd was totally irresponsible. (As I was for staying there for a couple hours. But at least everyone had their masks on properly.)

So far so good. The mask police or the casino employees are out in full force to make sure everyone has their mask on properly. I spot a couple of those who had those nose above the mask and the employees stopped them to remind them of the rule. Everyone was commenting on my Star Wars mask, so all was cool. Everyone seems to fine. The machine are separated and it is not that busy now in the week. We are holding our own, but still having fun. That’s all that matters. We will let you know how we did Friday. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

So here in MN, the Governor has placed a modified Stay-at-home order for the next four weeks. Dine-in restaurants, gyms, movie theaters, basically anyplace groups gather together for a period of time. He also said that he's recommending that people do not have guests outside their household for the same period. He said he was not going to bust into people's houses to arrest anyone, he just said he hoped people would follow the guidance. So Thanksgiving is off. 2020's being very stubborn during its last days.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

My oldest daughter is cleaning out the assisted living apartment in Florida where my mom died in August. 
I asked her about mask wearing.
My stress briefly changed to laughter when she told me my 88-year-old uncle showed up wearing his mask upside-down.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

25 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Are your state's casinos open?  If you wouldn't mind telling what state you're in.  Thanks in advance for participating.

In PA, but NJ-adjacent: casinos are open in both states. They're supposed to be operating at lesser capacity but from what I saw in Atlantic City in Saturday, it's lip-service only. When I gamble in PA, I go super early in the morning where it's me, a couple of other people, and the casino staff. I stay for an hour and leave. 

11 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

So far so good. The mask police or the casino employees are out in full force to make sure everyone has their mask on properly.

That's great! Unfortunately, I've seen poor mask compliance in the casinos I've been in and no employees willing to say anything. Win big, @Robert Lynch!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm taking a straw poll - 

Are your state's casinos open?  If you wouldn't mind telling what state you're in.  Thanks in advance for participating.

I'm in Georgia. Everything is open, crowd limits aren't being enforced. Masks are optional. Numbers are spiking! Nothing is wrong. Everything is fine. I have no idea if we have casinos but if we do, I'm sure their open. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm taking a straw poll - 

Are your state's casinos open?  If you wouldn't mind telling what state you're in.  Thanks in advance for participating.

I'm in Maryland.  Seems the casinos are open.  I hate casinos, so I won't be giving any reports on how the mask thing is working out. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I'm taking a straw poll - 

Are your state's casinos open?  If you wouldn't mind telling what state you're in.  Thanks in advance for participating.

Pennsylvania casinos are open since June.
Tomorrow is a different story for Philadelphia. 
The city of Philadelphia announced a Department of Public Health order, that imposes many business restrictions effective Nov. 20-Jan. 1, including the shutdown of casinos within the city. Rivers Casino is the only casino within the city limits.

Share this post


Link to post

Here in Iowa it looks like ours are still open, but our governor did finally get with the program and ordered a mask mandate for our state the other day. So if people go into casinos, they'll be required to wear them and observe the social distancing guidelines, and there'd be limits to how many people are allowed in there. I don't go to casinos, so that's not an issue for me one way or another. 

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I broke even! That’s the most positive thing I could say about that. I can’t complain, though. This was fun. Well, my parents are planning a 40th Anniversary next year at home or this casino. We are not sure. We are definitely looking at the positivity rate at CT, which is about 6.74 while NY is 3. So that is always good to be informed. I had a nice massage and my favorite female masseuse is always great. I learned a lot as to how they did social distancing. And the food is always great! MJ and Soltoro are my favorite places. Until next time, Mohegan.

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks folks for the information.  I suspected this was the case (that they would all be open).  They are here in Indiana as well.  Isn't it interesting that Governors are again ramping up the closure of in-person dining and other businesses, equalling nearly 5% of the nation's GDP, but casinos which are heavily taxed by these states, are allowed to continue operating.  In Michigan for example, where the governor has once again shut down in-person dining, the tribal casinos (sovereign to a point) are still going.  

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

Well, I broke even! That’s the most positive thing I could say about that. I can’t complain, though. This was fun. Well, my parents are planning a 40th Anniversary next year at home or this casino. We are not sure. We are definitely looking at the positivity rate at CT, which is about 6.74 while NY is 3. So that is always good to be informed

Here in Illinois the current positivity rate is hovering close to 20%. Does that mean in a casino 20 out of every 100 people (or 1 in 5) would have COVID? 
On a recent marathon of 1970s or 80s Classic Concentration hosted by Alex Trebek, there was a contestant who was a semi-professional gambler. When the other contestant, who was a pastor’s wife, won a trip to Vegas, Alex asked the experienced gambler if he had any advice for the novice, to which the gambler replied: When you get a few miles outside of Vegas, stop the car, and throw all of your spare change out the window —for practice. 
 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

My cousin's dad* with COVID died this morning.  He'd been briefly put back in the hospital once, and then was admitted again a couple of days ago when his fever spiked. 

*I guess I should say my mom's cousin; I never bother with the [#]cousin, [#]removed thing in describing "my cousins". Bottom line: He was someone I knew and loved all my life, and now he's gone. 

I don't know the trajectory of the spread within the family; I think (but am not certain, since I'm getting all this third-hand) I know the order in which people tested positive and in which those who are positive got sick, but I don't actually know who became infected first or where they were exposed.  It obviously doesn't change anything, but if this was all set in motion by someone I love being foolish/reckless, that will be a hard pill for me to swallow.  Maybe I don't want to know.

Edited by Bastet
  • Sad 25

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Here in Illinois the current positivity rate is hovering close to 20%. Does that mean in a casino 20 out of every 100 people (or 1 in 5) would have COVID? 

No, I believe that means 1 in 5 tested will test positive.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

The one thing I see more often in both NY(my state) and CT are the bank robber masks or what some like to call the kerchief masks that looks protective, but it is not. I just remembered a study said those type of kerchief masks are not very safe. They showed a difference between a regular masks and a kerchief when a person sneezes. Turned out a regular mask works better.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Our tribal casino here in NC is open. I hate going to the casino but my husband enjoys it so I obliged him for his bday back in August. That place was packed! Every other machine was open but I don’t think they were limiting the number of people inside.
 

My mother in law is super paranoid about COVID. She should be since she’s a heavy smoker and diabetic who is experiencing severe complications from said diabetes. However she won’t keep her ass out of the casino and has proclaimed that she’s not sure about attending Thanksgiving next week.  Hypocrite. There will be 16 of us. Our mandate is 10 people at indoor gatherings. I’m actually surprised my sister in law is hosting because she tends to be pretty rigid regarding COVID precautions. My immediate family is not (obviously) so we would have just had Thanksgiving with my family had this not worked out. Judge away 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post

The problem with the real casinos in Alabama (where I live) is that the big casinos with slot machines, and other games are Native American tribal property, so the state can't mandate anything.    The big bingo places that are operated by various companies are on property the state can dictate, but if the people who go to bingo, or video poker, don't care about masks, and the operators don't enforce it, then it's not going to happen.     The only thing limiting the capacity at stores here is that people are staying home, or wear a mask, and want to get in and out of the stores as quickly as possible.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

So are the two CT casinos and Turning Stone in NY way upstate. I believe that's what you call sovereign casinos. Racinos are much different than tribal casinos since a racino can be run by a casino company(not Native American) or something like MGM for that matter. I remember when Empire Casino in Yonkers was run by the Rooneys and before that, it was Yonkers Raceway by the same family. It wasn't until MGM brought it from the Rooneys and that's when it became affiliated with MGM. It's one of those useless information tidbits I know of Yonkers. That must have a been a year ago now. 

Edited by Robert Lynch
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

As far as I know the local tribal-run casino in my area (central coastal California) is up and running, but we are now under curfew orders so are supposed to be home between 10 PM and 5 AM; I assume that applies to them too.

In other news, people are hoarding TP again! I was just at both my local supermarket and Walmart and all the shelves of TP were bare. So, so annoying and unnecessary. However! absolutely every single person, including all the children, I saw were wearing masks!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Bastet said:

My cousin's dad* with COVID died this morning.  He'd been briefly put back in the hospital once, and then was admitted again a couple of days ago when his fever spiked. 

*I guess I should say my mom's cousin; I never bother with the [#]cousin, [#]removed thing in describing "my cousins". Bottom line: He was someone I knew and loved all my life, and now he's gone. 

I don't know the trajectory of the spread within the family; I think (but am not certain, since I'm getting all this third-hand) I know the order in which people tested positive and in which those who are positive got sick, but I don't actually know who became infected first or where they were exposed.  It obviously doesn't change anything, but if this was all set in motion by someone I love being foolish/reckless, that will be a hard pill for me to swallow.  Maybe I don't want to know.

So sorry for your loss.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

The one thing I see more often in both NY(my state) and CT are the bank robber masks or what some like to call the kerchief masks that looks protective, but it is not. I just remembered a study said those type of kerchief masks are not very safe. They showed a difference between a regular masks and a kerchief when a person sneezes. Turned out a regular mask works better.

The neck gaiters are also annoying.  Nobody brings them up so that they're level front to back, so they pull down off the nose pretty consistently.  Plus they're made of a thin, knit fabric with no lining.  The risks people will take in the interest of trying to look bad ass.  

 

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, isalicat said:

As far as I know the local tribal-run casino in my area (central coastal California) is up and running, but we are now under curfew orders so are supposed to be home between 10 PM and 5 AM; I assume that applies to them too.

In other news, people are hoarding TP again! I was just at both my local supermarket and Walmart and all the shelves of TP were bare. So, so annoying and unnecessary. However! absolutely every single person, including all the children, I saw were wearing masks!

Went to Costco this past Monday, and not a roll of TP in the place.  A fellow was just bringing out a skid of their in-house paper towel.  No Bounty, no Charmin.  Went to Meijer today and they had a good selection of TP, but in non-standard brands and package configurations.  Hopefully, it won't get worse, but with every "news" story about hoarding, it will surely exacerbate the problem.  Not sure why the msm feels the need to even discuss it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/17/2020 at 1:30 PM, MargeGunderson said:

My housekeeper texted me this morning that someone in her son’s daycare tested positive this week, and thaT she and her family have to quarantine for 14 days. Then she said she could come to clean later this week, since she had a negative test. I shut that down fast, and said we’d wait until the first week in December (but pay her for this week) to make sure everyone is safe. I was really surprised by her text, because I thought that she was being very careful, but it seems like she has a different idea of quarantine than I do. 

She sounds like one of the millions of people who think a negative test means you're negative. I think the new guidance is wait 5 days before getting tested, and if it's negative after 5 days you are negative from that exposure. It's all a a learning curve. I've been tested a handful of times. First it was 24-48 hours after possible exposure, then 48-72 and now it's a week.

I swung by Costco this evening, got out of my car, started walking towards the entrance and realized I forgot my mask. Normally I put them on before I get out of the car. Put on my mask, did my return, went to go in to the store to scope out this chair I want and I saw the card checker stop a guy and hand him a mask. Dude put it on without issue. Sadly the chair I wanted is no longer on display. I'll have to see if I can find it online. Lots of people leaving with TP and paper towel. I just cracked into my giant Costco pack I bought back in March so I'm not about to stock up, again. But I won't wait until I'm down to my last few rolls like I usually do. I figure I'll need to get a new pack in March.

Went to pick up dinner, a woman parked next to me and did what I did at Costco, realized she forgot her mask, turned around and got it, all to go 10ft inside Chipotle to pick up her food. The Chipotle allows dine-in and there were a handful of maskless people eating inside so I extra appreciated her dedication to safety.

Edited by theredhead77
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Moose135 said:
15 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Here in Illinois the current positivity rate is hovering close to 20%. Does that mean in a casino 20 out of every 100 people (or 1 in 5) would have COVID? 

No, I believe that means 1 in 5 tested will test positive

Can anyone explain the difference between 1 in 5 people I encounter having Covid and 1 in 5 people I encounter being positive if they were tested for Covid? 
If there is a difference, perhaps it is based on potential false positives?
Or...?

—although maybe by the time I grasp this concept it might not matter anymore (because a different metric will be employed).

Meanwhile my 3 adult daughters seem to represent the diversity of opinions on mask wearing 😷🤬🦹🏻

Edited by shapeshifter · Reason: choice of preposition
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Can anyone explain the difference between 1 in 5 people I encounter having Covid and 1 in 5 people I encounter being positive if they were tested for Covid?

I'll try. It's because not everyone gets tested for covid. People are more likely to get tested if they have symptoms, know they were exposed, or work in front-line healthcare. Those groups are more likely to be positive. So the overall population is likely to have a lower rate (although how much lower, we'll never know unless they test the whole population on the same day.)

  • Like 2
  • Useful 4

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Jane Tuesday said:

I'll try.

You did it perfectly.  @shapeshifter, it's not 1 in 5 "being positive if they were tested", it's 1 in 5 who get tested being positive.  As @Jane Tuesday explained, because we have nowhere near universal testing, the population who currently gets tested is largely made up of people more likely than the overall population to be infected.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Bastet said:

My cousin's dad* with COVID died this morning.  He'd been briefly put back in the hospital once, and then was admitted again a couple of days ago when his fever spiked. 

*I guess I should say my mom's cousin; I never bother with the [#]cousin, [#]removed thing in describing "my cousins". Bottom line: He was someone I knew and loved all my life, and now he's gone. 

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I wish you peace and comfort in the coming days.  

A dear friend of mine lost her father to COVID last week.  We spoke on the phone, but I wish I could go to the funeral, give her a hug, and let her know that I am here for anything that she needs, just as she has done for me when I lost my parents.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post

My son-in-law’s grandparents both have COVID. His grandmother was transferred to ICU, and isn’t “expected to live more than two days”. 😔

  • Like 1
  • Sad 21

Share this post


Link to post

I went to a different chain grocery store today, the one I usually go to. They had plenty of tp but are limiting 2 packages per customer. I've been buying tp as I use it, and opened a pack this week, so replaced that. They also had generic alcohol wipes, limit 2 per customer.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:
23 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

The neck gaiters are also annoying.  Nobody brings them up so that they're level front to back, so they pull down off the nose pretty consistently.  Plus they're made of a thin, knit fabric with no lining.  The risks people will take in the interest of trying to look bad ass.  

 

I have neck gaiters that were made to wear as a mask and they *are* lined with a tight weaved fabric.  I bought them so that they'll be useful post-pandemic as well so as not to waste my money.  They weren't cheap and they are high quality and stay up well.  

Edited by Callietwo · Reason: weird formatting
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Callietwo said:

I have neck gaiters that were made to wear as a mask and they *are* lined with a tight weaved fabric.  I bought them so that they'll be useful post-pandemic as well so as not to waste my money.  They weren't cheap and they are high quality and stay up well.  

Cool.  Don't believe I've seen any that were made like that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Cool.  Don't believe I've seen any that were made like that.

I'm seeing a lot more gaiters that are functional in cold winter winds any time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/20/2020 at 1:40 PM, Mountainair said:

There will be 16 of us. Our mandate is 10 people at indoor gatherings. I’m actually surprised my sister in law is hosting because she tends to be pretty rigid regarding COVID precautions. My immediate family is not (obviously) so we would have just had Thanksgiving with my family had this not worked out. Judge away 🙂

Will do!

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/20/2020 at 4:40 PM, Mountainair said:

There will be 16 of us. Our mandate is 10 people at indoor gatherings. ...so we would have just had Thanksgiving with my family had this not worked out. Judge away

So if the mandate were 100, would 160 be okay?  

Judging hard.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
SilverStormm

Please Note:

Only personal anecdotes and experiences regarding C19 are permitted in here. Any violation of this will be subject to moderation measures.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size