Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

COVID-19: Personal Stories

4 hours ago, ams1001 said:

On an unfun note, I woke up with a migraine, thought I might throw up a couple times (but didn't), crawled back into bed with an ice pack around 3:30, and just got out of the shower. Still a little pain but not as bad. Now contemplating what my stomach might be able to handle for something resembling dinner.

I've had a migraine too, but prescription sumatriptan and a cup of green tea fixed it.
I have a theory based purely on anecdotal evidence (coworkers who also get migraines) that there is in part something that triggers them in all of us at the same time. I know fragrances are my main trigger, but still, it seems odd that we would all get them at the same time --kind of like people who get herpes and shingles (not me, but my sister) all seem to get them at the same time that Chickenpox starts going around--although now that there's a Chickenpox vaccine, maybe not so much?
I keep seeing a commercial on TV for a new migraine med that looks like it might be better than sumatriptan WRT side effects, but I can't recall its name.

Anyway, I am totally stressed because of a mask/no-mask back-and-forth with some people I don't know who responded ignorantly (IMO, but maybe in time it will turn out I was wrong) on my brother-in-law's FB page. I am glad we are not allowed to engage in such arguments here, and I do now solemnly swear not to respond to anyone IRL or online again about it. Besides, my BIL is totally capable of responding should he choose to do so. I just don't think he knows how to delete stuff on his page. But Not. My. Problem. 
Right? Right.

ETA: And now one of my daughters just posted an angry defense on my behalf. 
Like mother — like daughter, I guess. 😐 

Final edit: BIL took down the post. Guessing someone must’ve made a nasty comment. BIL is one of those all-round nice guys. 👏

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I have a theory based purely on anecdotal evidence (coworkers who also get migraines) that there is in part something that triggers them in all of us at the same time. I know fragrances are my main trigger, but still, it seems odd that we would all get them at the same time --kind of like people who get herpes and shingles (not me, but my sister) all seem to get them at the same time that Chickenpox starts going around--although now that there's a Chickenpox vaccine, maybe not so much?

I was up way too late last night, and haven't gotten a ton of sleep the prior few days, so that's one thing that gets me. They're also predicting thunderstorms this weekend so maybe there's something in the air...

Edit 9:23pm: and the storm has arrived...

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

I keep trying to keep this in mind as I touch stuff (still haven't opened the packages that came in the past couple days), but it's hard.

I completely understand. I so wish I could find the article that referenced that "perfect storm". Someone here posted it in the original thread but my search skills aren't tuned enough to find it again. That's what helped me get out of my own head. It's also not absorbed through the skin, so even if you did touch something that had enough live virus to make you ill, washing your hands properly will wash it away. 
If it helps, the CDC hasn't changed their guidance that COVID does not transmit easily from surfaces and there are still zero reported cases from surface contact including the mail or packages. 

• Like 7

Anytime I hear someone whine about wearing a mask, I mention that my pregnant ass has to wear one in the 90 plus Florida heat everyday and somehow I live with it. I already suffer from shortness of breath due to the pregnancy, and wearing my KN95 mask makes me feel like I'm about to pass out, but it is what it is.

I miss being able to feel comfortable with going into any store and not have to think about what I'm touching or how close I am to the next person.  I miss going to outdoor activities. I miss being able to stand in line and not have to worry about how close anyone is next to me. It just feels so hopeless that things will ever return to normal, when people are being so irrational about following simple procedures. I am starting to get very depressed over this--it feels like there is no end in sight.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

28 minutes ago, AgentRXS said:

I miss being able to feel comfortable with going into any store and not have to think about what I'm touching or how close I am to the next person.  I miss going to outdoor activities. I miss being able to stand in line and not have to worry about how close anyone is next to me. It just feels so hopeless that things will ever return to normal, when people are being so irrational about following simple procedures. I am starting to get very depressed over this--it feels like there is no end in sight.

You are not alone.

• Like 5