Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E05: Breaking Point

• Start Topic

What a fascinating ep!  

I loved the Goldens arc.  Some obvious shenanigans (zero crab in both pots shown in the rescue) and a whole lot unsaid/unexplained about the process behind Junior being the prospect captain.  I'm confused as to how a $420K badge investment against a likely maximum payout of $500K works, but Disco cash is usually involved.

Bill's engine issues and the traveling engineer was great TV.  We saw, imo, real risks and rewards, informed by a lifetime of experience.  No bad guys in that process.  Then we have the alltimer Vasily.  

• Love 1

I just switch to something else and wait for the hour to pass then fast forward. But they run it into the next hour just to be sneaky. Wonder if the advertisers are wise to it? You know this garbage is going into Disco's deep circular file after the airing.

What's stunning to me is that they don't even pretend anymore that Josh is anything but a scrub hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride tryin' to be on tv. Gigantic heaping tables of crab, gorgeous weather...why isn't he sorting so they can move quicker and get home sooner? So the other guys can maybe be a little more rested and a little safer? 

27 minutes ago, kassa said:

What's stunning to me is that they don't even pretend anymore that Josh is anything but a scrub hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride tryin' to be on tv. Gigantic heaping tables of crab, gorgeous weather...why isn't he sorting so they can move quicker and get home sooner? So the other guys can maybe be a little more rested and a little safer? 

Right after Phil died and Josh and Jake Harris "bought" the Cornelia Marie, they hired Captain Derrick Ray because neither of the Harris boys were certified to operate a commercial crab boat.  Derrick tried to be a mentor to them on how to become real crab fishermen.  (I've spoken with Derrick and also read this in an article where he was interviewed.)  Josh flat out said to Derrick, "We're here to film a TV show; we are not here to catch crab."

And Josh is still following that career path.  Sadly, he's even worse at being interesting enough to watch on TV than he is at crab fishing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

If you can watch on the Discovery website, the first hour is usually available within 5 minutes of the beginning of the broadcast.  And the third hour is usually available within 5 minutes of the beginning of that broadcast.  You don't have to give any ratings points to the middle at all.

This is how I've been watching DC for several years now.

• Useful 1