Type keyword(s) to search

Snowpiercer Media

• Start Topic

Snowpiercer Season 3: Archie Panjabi Suits Up as Asha, 'The Last Person on Earth' — 2022 FIRST LOOK

snowpiercer-season-3-asha-1.jpg?resize=6

In Season 3, Archie Panjabi is playing Asha, a character who believes she is the last person on Earth, who has managed to survive under extreme conditions.

snowpiercer-season-3-asha-2.jpg?w=630

When she is discovered by someone from the train, her survival instincts kick in.

snowpiercer-season-3-asha-3.jpg?w=631

Mike O’Malley (Roche) and Chelsea Harris (Mr. Wilford’s right-hand advisor, Sykes) have been promoted to Season 3 series regular.

• Love 1
On 12/6/2021 at 4:10 PM, AnimeMania said:

When she is discovered by someone from the train, her survival instincts kick in.

I know I have to suspend my beliefs as The Walking Dead has numbed me for realistic situations.  But, and I'm not saying a small woman can't be strong, but this Asha looks very petite and had a hard time being convinced that, after 7 years of living underground with God knows how much of a food supply inventory she had to maintain some semblance of energy, that she was able to stay pretty much toe to toe with Layton during that fight - while in those restrictive suits.  Same with hair - I don't know what kind of water or hygienic products she had down there, but my hair would most likely resemble Daryl's from TWD after 7 years!

But I am curious about her story and what value she'll add to the story line

Edited by ctlady

What will season 4 of Snowpiercer look like in a warming world? And who will survive season 3?

We’ll know more after the season 3 finale airs March 28th on TNT.

Which coincidentally is the start of filming date for season 4 in Vancouver.

Filming dates: March 28th to August 5th, 2022.

Edited by tv echo

Snowpiercer's Daveed Diggs And Mickey Sumner Dish On Working With Sean Bean And Jennifer Connelly - Exclusive Interview
BY KATY KROLL    JAN. 24, 2022
https://www.looper.com/743450/snowpiercers-daveed-diggs-and-mickey-sumner-dish-on-working-with-sean-bean-and-jennifer-connelly-exclusive-interview/ 

In the previous two seasons, Jennifer Connelly was a major presence on the show. But this season, she's presumably gone. How do you feel her exit has affected the show? And do you miss working with her?
Daveed Diggs: We're lost without her. We should give up. There's no way to move forward without Jen. [Laughs.] Well, for me from a story perspective, in a lot of ways that was Layton's biggest ally. They were enemies, obviously, but in terms of people who he could really work with to affect change, Melanie was his ally, and she's gone now, and now [Layton] has to figure out how to be a leader without that. That's a big wrinkle, but also, working with Jen is great when she's around. It's boss.

Mickey, I feel like every season Bess becomes a bigger, more important character. What's been the biggest challenge of portraying her? And, on the flip side, what makes her fun to play?
Mickey Sumner: There are no real challenges. The challenges are all fun. I embrace all of them. I love the physicality of this character. I love her awkward, vulnerable moments when she struggles to trust and struggles with connection.  I love her loyalty towards Layton, but, especially in Season 3, she really starts to question and prod at his mission, which was really fun ... to not always agree with Andre. Yeah, no challenges, just all fun.
Any interesting memories or scenes with Sean Bean? He makes a fantastic bad guy as Mr. Wilford..
Diggs: Sean Bean's at 11 all the time. My favorite scene I've ever shot with him is, I can't tell you about it because it's in this season, but he had such a lack of concern for his own safety shooting it, and I was terrified for him. He was just like, "Hit me!" He went for it, and I was very impressed, and had to reconsider my own physicality quite a bit.

Sumner: For me, growing up in England, Sean Bean was such a hero of mine. Any time to be on set with him has been a bit of a pinch-me moment.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Mickey Sumner on ‘Snowpiercer,’ Sustainable Skin Care and the Best Beauty Advice Mom Trudie Styler Ever Gave Her
By Liz Ritter, Executive Editor · Feb 9, 2022
https://www.newbeauty.com/mickey-sumner-interview/ 

Your character, Bess Till, has a pretty specific style on the show. What do they use on-set to get you into the role?
“Half my head is shaved, and they shave it every other day, which sets me up for the character. It’s basically a ritual—it’s really an amazing moment to be able to sit in the chair and have my head shaved and turn into her. It’s very much, ‘Okay, there she is! I’m ready!’ My hair has been a big part of my character development and we have a lot of discussions about it. It’s also evolved over the seasons, which has been fun.

I do wear makeup on the show, which is dramatic and really well done. Sometimes, it’s the end of the world and there is Till wearing eyeliner! Before I go to work, I use Dr. Gross’s Daily Peel Pads. It’s nice to have that daily exfoliation.”
What are you most excited about for this year as we get into February?
“I go back to work soon; we go back to Snowpiercer season four at the end of March. We move to Vancouver for that and I get to see my cast and my crew. They’ve all become family at this point. Especially during the pandemic, there’s an isolation aspect so I’m excited to go to work every day and see their faces and have that sense of community again. I love working and I love playing this character. I think I’m moving house. I don’t know where I’m moving to, but there’re some big life changes ahead for me. I separated from my husband and we’re learning how to co-parent, so it’s a big year. But I’m feeling good about it all, and I’m excited about what’s next.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Snowpiercer got 3 Critics Choice Super Awards nominations....

Nominations Announced for the 2nd Annual Critics Choice Super Awards
February 22, 2022 
http://criticschoice.com/2022/02/nominations-announced-for-the-2nd-annual-critics-choice-super-awards/ 

(Los Angeles, CA – February 22, 2022) – The Critics Choice Association (CCA) announced today the nominees for the 2nd Annual Critics Choice Super Awards, honoring the most popular, fan-obsessed genres across both television and movies, including Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, and Action. Winners will be revealed on Thursday, March 17.
TELEVISION NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2ND ANNUAL CRITICS CHOICE SUPER AWARDS
BEST SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY SERIES
Foundation
Resident Alien
Snowpiercer
Star Trek: Discovery
Station Eleven
The Witcher

BEST ACTOR IN A SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY SERIES
Henry Cavill – The Witcher
Daveed Diggs – Snowpiercer
Matthew Goode – A Discovery of Witches
Jared Harris – Foundation
Lee Pace – Foundation
Alan Tudyk – Resident Alien

BEST ACTRESS IN A SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY SERIES
Mackenzie Davis – Station Eleven
Laura Donnelly – The Nevers
Sonequa Martin-Green – Star Trek: Discovery
Teresa Palmer – A Discovery of Witches
Jodie Whittaker – Doctor Who
Alison Wright – Snowpiercer

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Daveed Diggs won a Critics Choice Super Award for Best Actor in a Science Fiction/Fantasy Series for his performance in Snowpiercer...

Winners Announced for the 2nd Annual Critics Choice Super Awards
March 17, 2022
http://criticschoice.com/2022/03/winners-announced-for-the-2nd-annual-critics-choice-super-awards/ 

(Los Angeles, CA – March 17, 2022) – The Critics Choice Association (CCA) announced today the winners of the 2nd annual Critics Choice Super Awards, honoring the most popular, fan-obsessed genres across both movies and television, including Superhero, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, and Action.
BEST ACTOR IN A SCIENCE FICTION/FANTASY SERIES
Daveed Diggs – Snowpiercer (TNT)

• Useful 1

‘Snowpiercer’: Jennifer Connelly on Melanie’s Fate & Why Wilford Is a ‘Liability’
Kelli Boyle    March 22, 2022
https://www.tvinsider.com/1036457/snowpiercer-season-3-episode-9-melanie-alive-alex-reunion-jennifer-connelly/ 

Fans were hoping you’d be back in the Season 3 premiere, but they had to wait much longer to see the real Melanie again. What was the energy like when you came back to set to film your return?

Jennifer Connelly: It was great. I had been back to film an earlier episode, but in that episode she was sort of summoned by Alex. She was in her imagination, walking beside Alex to help her confront that part of her past. So it was really fun to come back in Episode 9 and be on set with all those people again. It’s a great group. The cast is fantastic. They’re so talented, and everyone gets along so well and are so supportive of one another. And the crew is amazing.

So just on a personal level it was really great to be back, and I really enjoyed those scenes. I really loved the storyline of her survival, going in and seeing her in that pod and what she got up to and how she made that work. And I loved the chance to then have her re-boarding the train and getting to see all those people again that she thought she might never see.
Snowpiercer is always life or death, but the stakes have been especially life or death for Melanie for six months. She’s had to cling on to hope like never before. In your mind, what did Melanie tell herself all those months to keep herself alive and believing she would make it?

She says herself, “I’m incredibly stubborn.” I think she’s an incredibly willful person. I think she’s someone who’s able to compartmentalize and separate what she needs to do from sentimentality and emotion. Not that she’s cold and doesn’t feel emotion, but that she’s able to separate it from what she needs to do. She won’t sink into it. And I think she’s someone who’s very much one foot in front of the other, this is the next thing that I need to do. I think that she would have established a routine of her checks that she has to make, everything that she has to do, her exercises, her log, things that will keep her focused on small increments of time moving forward. She knows her team back on the train and knows that they’ll be looking for her. And she thinks of the ones that she loves and trusts that they’ll be looking for her.
Melanie and Wilford’s reunion was interesting. It’s so hard to believe Wilford when he says he’s looking out for everyone’s safety. Self-preservation seems like his main focus. Melanie, of course, doesn’t trust him one bit, but if you were a viewer, would you trust Wilford when he says he’s looking out for everyone?

I personally would take everything that he says with a grain of salt. I feel like it’s always an ulterior motive with him.

We don’t see many genuinely good moments from Wilford. He’s a very fun villain, but he’s a villain.

Yeah, I agree. He had that near-death experience — which Mel does too, and I think it does impact her as a person. I’m not sure it has the same effect on Wilford
Between Melanie’s return, Alex coming into her own while Melanie was gone, and Layton and the rest of the team running the train fairly successfully, does Melanie think Wilford is still necessary?

Things survived without him all of Season 1. There was just an idea of him. I don’t think his presence is actually critical to the survival of the train. I think he’s more of a wrench in the works, actually. With his agenda, he’s more of a liability in reality. The idea of him still has influence and power. There are still people who are loyal to him, and I think that that has to be managed, and she’s aware that that needs to be managed to an extent. But I think the reality of him is more of a liability.
And because he still has a steady group of supporters, it would be hard to just say, “You know what, done with you, Wilford. You’re kicked off the train.” That would cause more chaos. Melanie threw a bit of a plot twist at the end, to say the least, by revealing Layton’s lie about New Eden.

Speaking of introducing chaos! She’s not someone who’s afraid of doing that if she has to.

She survived those six months alone against all odds. Why do you think she has a hard time trusting in hope about New Eden now? She’s going off the data and doesn’t believe New Eden will be a haven for them, but everyone else is telling her to hold out hope.

There wasn’t a choice when she was in the car. She could only hope that she could make it, and she did everything that she possibly could to survive, but there wasn’t a choice at that point. There was really only one way forward for her. I think in this situation, she loves the hope. She loves what the hope does for the passengers in the way it unites them and gives them a sense of purpose and joy. But it’s founded on a lie. And the people don’t know that.

I think that her interpretation of the data is very different from Javi’s and Ben’s, or maybe they don’t really want to look at it. It seems like everyone’s in denial, and she knows that it’s a complete fiction, the story that Layton has fed to the passengers that have rallied them in this way. That, to her, feels unjust. So, knowing that there are these extenuating circumstances — which is that the track that goes to that location is really unsafe and unsound, and they have to cross this bridge and it’s very unstable — there could be no coming back from that decision. I think that her feeling is why would we, on a maybe, take that risk? Risk throwing everything away?

I don’t think it’s that she’s a pessimist. I think that she’s just a realist and feels there’s a more conservative approach to that that doesn’t negate the possibility, but isn’t quite as dangerous. I think she loves the hope, but she just feels like she doesn’t want to be reckless about it. I think that she feels it’s a little bit reckless.
I think that’s a fair opinion to have when literally the fate of humanity is in your hands.

That’s all that they’ve been doing, that she’s been fighting for all this time: keeping the passengers safe until it’s time. That is what she wants to do. It’s not like she’s changed her mind and is like, “Actually, I want to stay on the train,” or “I’m afraid to have a new future,” or “I want to keep power.” It’s nothing like that.

I think literally she’s just looking at the numbers and thinks, “Why not just make sure before you go? Why not just have the odds a little bit more in your favor?” What’s the worst thing that happens if you wait? I think she just feels like she likes the odds better of waiting. And at minimum, she feels that the passengers should know what they’re getting themselves into.

Edited by tv echo

Jennifer Connelly Interview: Snowpiercer Season 3
BY JOHN ORQUIOLA   MARCH 22, 2022
https://screenrant.com/jennifer-connelly-interview-snowpiercer-season-3/ 

Screen Rant: Before we talk about episode 9, I want to ask you how you reacted when you found out you and Melanie would be gone for most of seasons 2 and 3?
Jennifer Connelly: It was more of a conversation that we had together. So it wasn't a revelation, it was more the result of a process of conversation about what would happen with Mel and the storyline.

Was it purely a creative decision or did you have scheduling conflicts?
Jennifer Connelly: I think it was a creative decision.
I love that turn where it went from so many happy reunions, then Melanie watched the science, she checked out what really happened, and then she got really grim. She became Melanie "I've gotta do what I've gotta do" again. I love that character.
Jennifer Connelly: I love that about her too. She just can't... And she tries to. She tries to along with it, and she gets dressed up, puts on the makeup, goes to the party, and she really wants it to be so. But she just can't deny the facts and the science. She doesn't know for sure that she's right. She just knows for sure that the version of truth that Layton has presented is not accurate. And she doesn't feel that that's fair so she has to intervene. Which is so frustrating of her. But I love that she makes that choice. (laughs) It's so frustrating and so noble at the same time.
Going into the finale, it’s Melanie vs. Layton and Wilford [Sean Bean], of course. That train is 1,029 cars long. Is it honestly not big enough for the three of you?
Jennifer Connelly: (laughs) Those are three very big personalities. Yeah, well said. I think that Layton and Melanie have really come to respect one another. They find themselves in oppositional positions in this episode. But I think, fundamentally, they are people that can work together. And respect one another. And that can talk [to each other]. I think that she's very frustrated that he won't talk to her when she comes back and so she forces the issue. And it happens again as it happens in the past that once they're able to sit down together and begin some negotiation that they're able to get somewhere together.

Edited by tv echo

'Snowpiercer' Season 3: Jennifer Connelly on Melanie's Return and Betrayal
BY ROXY SIMONS ON 3/22/22
https://www.newsweek.com/jennifer-connelly-snowpiercer-season-3-interview-melanie-return-1690372 

"There's been a huge reckoning, I think she's gone through some things that have really changed her and changed the way she looks at things and [she's had] a fundamental shift in her being, I think," Connelly told Newsweek of how Melanie has changed over three seasons.

"I think, just the extent to which things were getting out of control in season one, I think that she was forced to confront the person that she had become, and how reprehensible so many of her actions were.

"She had to really come to terms with that, and I think it changed her. And I think that Layton was the one that that brought about that change, he was the catalyst for that change in her."
"Then I think that this experience that she had, this sort of near death experience, also pushed her further along in that journey and strengthened her resolve in terms of what she thought justice looks like, and fairness and respect for the passengers.

"She just felt that it was too much to gamble with, to keep the power from the people by keeping them in the dark and telling them a lie, even though she had been guilty of doing the same thing herself. She just felt she couldn't bear to go back there, especially given that it was so risky."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

‘Snowpiercer’: Jennifer Connelly On Melanie & Layton’s Feud in Season 3 Finale
Kelli Boyle     March 27, 2022
https://www.tvinsider.com/1037922/snowpiercer-season-3-finale-jennifer-connelly-melanie-layton-feud/ 

In all fairness, Melanie was right to give the passengers the full picture of what to expect on this perilous journey. The data doesn’t guarantee that the horn of Africa will be habitable, if they even make it across the bridge that takes them there. But there’s merit to Layton, her daughter Alex (Rowan Blanchard), and the rest of the team’s decision to take a leap of faith. Conditions on the train are getting worse, resources are steadily decreasing, and they all want off the train.

Melanie wants the same, but is convinced now is not the time to do it. Connelly says not to expect Melanie to back down on this stance in the finale.

“I think that Melanie is going to hold her ground, and that the thing that she wants is to have Layton come to the table,” she says. “I think she really tried. She tried to have a conversation with him, she tried to talk to Alex. She was shut down. She’s made this move, and the thing that she wants is for Layton to come to the table and discuss another way forward. I think that that’s what she is going to play for.”
“Wilford is another issue,” she says. “What we’ve found in the past when Layton and Melanie have come together, they may find themselves on opposite sides of a train or other ends of an argument, but they fundamentally respect each other and value each other as leaders and as people and as thinkers. And so, that’s the thing that she really wants, is to get the two of them together to come up with some kind of solution together.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Snowpiercer Adds Clark Gregg to Cast for Season 4, Names New Showrunner

As production begins on Snowpiercer Season 4 — and ahead of tonight’s Season 3 finale — TNT has announced that Agent of SHIELD favorite Clark Gregg is boarding the dystopian drama.

Michael Aronov (The Americans) is also joining the Season 4 cast; no character details were disclosed for either actor.

Additionally, Paul Zbyszewski (Agents of SHIELD, Helstrom) is taking over as showrunner next season, succeeding EPs Graeme Manson and Aubrey Nealon.

• Useful 1

Daveed Diggs breaks down the ‘unfathomable’ idea behind ‘Snowpiercer’s’ season finale
BY DAWN BURKES    MARCH 29, 2022
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2022-03-29/snowpiercer-season-3-finale-daveed-diggs-blindspotting 

In the season finale, the denizens of the train decide whether to stay on board or go to “New Eden,” a place supposedly warm enough for life.Layton, flying in the face of science, chooses life off the train.

Diggs? Well, not so much

“As just a citizen of the train with no actual science to support [me], it would have been hard because I do believe in science,” he says. “I don’t know that I agree with all of the ways that Layton has chosen to be a leader. There’s something powerful in his belief in people. I love people, and I sort of thrive off small interpersonal interactions. And I think Layton thinks much more globally. Generally, he thinks people are good. And I’ve started to sort of see a little bit of value in that, that I probably wouldn’t have placed into it before, because I still am kind of incapable of it.”
“Snowpiercer” marks his first leading role in a television series.

“It was one of the first things I auditioned for post-’Hamilton,’” he says. “That was damn near six years ago. We’re still on this train. So that’s wild to me.”
The third season of “Snowpiercer” seemed slicker somehow and even delved into other genres, especially in the first few episodes.
I think we got better at making it. One thing about television, and really about episodic television, that I think is pretty unique to it is you can really lean into a moment. There’s this idea that for any piece of art, there should be a useful elevator pitch, “Oh, this is a show that feels like this.” But life doesn’t feel like that. Life feels like all of those things. And like, sometimes your life is a horror movie. And sometimes it’s a romantic comedy. Part of the fun of making it is, “How close can we stick those things together? How are those things more similar than we think they are?”

Let’s talk about the finale.
I haven’t watched it yet. I know we get off the train. [Deadpan] What else happened?

Layton wasn’t a scientist. So what made him hold on to the idea of a “New Eden” so strongly?
When he first presented the idea, he totally lies to everybody and doesn’t give them any of the necessary information. It’s only until those last couple of episodes where people are allowed to make their own decisions with all of the information. He does believe that this place must exist. And even if it doesn’t, it’s probably better than what they have now. And for him as a father now, watching Miles grow up on the train and the last nine years that he’s spent on the train, the idea of bringing a child into that world is pretty unfathomable for him. And like the cyclic nature of power [a three-way tussle between Layton, Cavill and Mr. Wilford, played by Sean Bean] on the train, so for him, even the chance that it might be better was worth it. And it turned out a lot of other people felt that way too.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Snowpiercer: Aleks Paunovic on Origin of Boki's Name; Teases Season 4
Posted on June 5, 2022 by Tom Chang
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/snowpiercer-aleks-paunovic-on-origin-of-bokis-name-teases-season-4/

Aleks Paunovic is proud of how much of himself he's able to put into Breachman Bojan "Boki" Boscovic on the TNT post-apocalyptic series Snowpiercer. A longtime employee of Mr. Wilford (Sean Bean), Boki's responsibility as the leader of the Breachmen certainly had its share of hazards, to say the least. After nearly 15 years of service, he witnesses Wilford's betrayal and defects to Andre Layton's (Daveed Diggs) side. In the season two finale, Boki is presumed dead following the destruction of the train's aquarium car. He returns in the season three finale having been nursed back to health by Mrs. Headwood (Sakina Jaffrey) and changed. While promoting his latest film Zero Contact, I had a chance to speak with Pauvonic about his larger absence in season three, the origins of his character name, and what's the future of his character.
When it came to creating the character of Boki for Snowpiercer, Paunovic revealed producers had a different idea, but was allowed to make it his own. "I think the character of Boki/Bojan Boscovic is something that's really dear to me, because that character started with a totally different Eastern European name. So when I went in for the audition," he said. "My heritage is Serbian, Croatian. I did an improv in Serbian, knowing that when I did the improv for the producers and the director, who I assumed didn't know the difference between Serbian and Polish. The other character was a Polish guy. When I got the role, I went, 'Just you guys know, I did the improv in Serbian. So if we can make the character of Serbian, that would be pretty cool.'"

Paunovic had the idea of naming him. "They were saying, 'The character's original name was Harold and that my whole thing was, you don't look like a Harold.' So I don't want a hard name like a hard Eastern European name, like Vlad or something. I said, 'My brother's name is Bojan. What about Bojan?' [Co-creator] Graeme Manson kind of hesitated a little bit saying, 'But his nickname is Boki because I like Boki because I actually went to college with a guy whose last name was Boscovic.' I went, 'Oh, come on, Graeme! Breachman Boki Boscovic!. That's a killer name.' So he agreed to it. For me, it was such a huge honor because I got to give tribute to my brother, who I love, and that's his name, Bojan and we call him Boki. I get to give tribute to my heritage. So that role and that character, they allowed me to be very free with the character. It allowed me to bring my heritage and my family into it. So it's a very special role to me." The actor teased that Boki will have a greater presence in season four. "You're going to see some very exciting things coming from Boki and I'm excited for the world to see it."

Edited by tv echo

Snowpiercer got 1 Emmy nomination...

Emmys 2022: The Complete Nominations List
By Jordan Moreau, Michael Schneider   July 12, 2022
https://variety.com/2022/tv/awards/emmys-nominations-list-2022-1235313788/ 

Outstanding Special Visual Effects In A Single Episode

The Man Who Fell To Earth • Hallo, Spaceboy • Showtime • SHOWTIME Presents, CBS Studios Inc., Secret Hideout, Timberman & Beverly, StudioCanal Jason Michael Zimmerman, Lead VFX Supervisor/ Supervising Producer Aleksandra Kochoska, Senior VFX Producer Shawn Ewashko, Senior VFX Coordinator Simon Carr, VFX Supervisor Elizabeth Alvarez, Senior VFX Coordinator Richard R Reed, VFX Supervisor (Cinesite) Jesper Kjolsrud, VFX Supervisor (Outpost VFX) Anna James, VFX Producer Neal Champion, SFX Supervisor

SEE • Rock-a-Bye • Apple TV+ • Chernin Entertainment / Endeavor Content in association with Apple Chris Wright, Overall VFX Supervisor Parker Chehak, Overall VFX Producer Scott Riopelle, On-Set VFX Supervisor Javier Roca, VFX Supervisor (El Ranchito) Tristan Zerafa, VFX Supervisor (Pixomondo) Nathan Overstrom, VFX Supervisor (Zoic Studios) Sam O’Hare, VFX Supervisor (Chickenbone FX) Tony Kenny, SPFX Coordinator Tamriko Bardo, Senior VFX Coordinator

Snowpiercer • A Beacon For Us All • TNT • TNT in association with Tomorrow Studios and CJ Entertainment Geoff Scott, Series Visual Effects Supervisor Darren Bell, Series Visual Effects Producer Chris Ryan, Series On-set Visual Effects Supervisor & CG Supervisor Christine Galvan, Series Visual Effects Production Manager Anita Milias, Series Visual Effects Production Coordinator Jordan Acomba, Series Visual Effects Editor Jason Snea, Visual Effects Compositor: Series VFX Production Team Hannes Poser, Visual Effects Supervisor: Image Engine Jamie Barty, Visual Effects Supervisor: FuseFX

Squid Game • VIPS • Netflix • Siren Pictures for Netflix Cheong Jai-hoon, VFX Supervisor Kang Moon-jung, CG Supervisor (3D) Kim Hye-jin, VFX Producer Jo Hyun-jin, Layout Lead Kim Seong-cheol, Matte Painting Supervisor Lee Jae-bum, Animation Supervisor Shin Min-soo, CG Supervisor (2D) Seok Jong-yeon, Compositing Supervisor Jun Sung-man, Compositing Supervisor

Vikings: Valhalla • The Bridge • Netflix • A Netflix Series / An MGM Television Production Ben Mossman, VFX Supervisor Melanie Callaghan, VFX Producer Vishal Rustgi, VFX Producer Troy Tylka, CG Supervisor Mina Gaued, 2D Supervisor Jorge Perez, Lighting Lead Liz Sui, DMP Lead Blayke Nadeau, FX Lead Summer Zong, Asset Lead

‘Snowpiercer’: Production Suspended In British Columbia Due To Extreme Heat; Multiple People Sought Medical Attention

As many as 14 people, including background actors and crew members, were transported via ambulance to local hospitals.  Production of Snowpiercer wrapped early 7/28/2022 and was suspended for 7/29/2022 due to extreme heat on location. Temperatures hit the mid-90s on the show filmed in British Columbia that is about extreme cold temperatures in a frozen wasteland.

• Useful 1

Snowpiercer Producer Jay Prychidny on Final Season, Franchise's Future
by Tom Chang     December 10, 2022
https://bleedingcool.com/tv/snowpiercer-producer-jay-prychidny-on-final-season-franchises-future/ 

Jay Prychidny might just be one of the busiest people in Hollywood as an editor and producer on several high-profile projects under his belt, including Orphan Black, Altered Carbon, Into the Badlands, The Alienist, and the upcoming Scream 6. While promoting his latest series on Netflix's Wednesday, he spoke with Bleeding Cool previewing the fourth and final season of TNT's Snowpiercer and how it could expand in the future.
Bleeding Cool: What's your role been 'Snowpiercer' entering the final season?
Prychidny:
As a producer on the fourth and final season, I've been helping supervise the editing, music, sound, and creative post-production aspects. I haven't been editing on season four because I was working on 'Wednesday' and now I'm working on 'Scream [6]', but I've still been involved in 'Snowpiercer' from a producing angle.

What could we look forward to entering into the final season?
It was such a great cliffhanger at the end of season three. All of us who kind of worked on this show, it's hard to do a show on a train for three years [laughs]. There's always been this desire from people who work on the show to find ways to get off the train. That's been the exciting thing about the final season is at the end of season three, they get off the train. It's teased they're going to live in this warm pocket they've found. That's been the exciting thing about season four is getting this whole other layer to the show, which is the colonization that happens off the train. There are still lots of train stories. There are other new locations, and season four is different in that there's now a show taking place over multiple locations, not just New Eden but other new places as well. It's a different feel and setting to the show, that's for sure. It's exciting to see these familiar characters in entirely new ways. Hopefully, the audiences like it, too.
Given the developments, has there been talk about maybe a spinoff?
I don't really know the details of that, but certainly, it's an IP that people are really interested in. There's really so much potential, and I love metaphorical storytelling, and there's definitely been interest in exploring. The studio has entertained that as a possibility as a way to take the IP in a new direction. In terms of specific ideas or whatever, I don't know what those would be, but I know people are thinking about it. There's so much potential and so many different kinds of stories you can tell that is reflective of our society in really meaningful ways.
TNT's Snowpiercer stars Jennifer Connelly, Daveed Diggs, Mickey Summer, Alison Wright, Lena Hall, Iddo Goldberg, Katie McGuinness, Sam Otto, Sheila Vand, Roberto Urbina, and Mike O'Malley, and returns in 2023.

Edited by tv echo

I can't say I'm shocked based on recent developments at TNT & TBS. But I really don't understand why they spend all that money to make an entire season and then don't show it. 

On another note, I really hope they don't try to make a "franchise" out of it. The content was mediocre at best. Even a third season of this incarnation was too much. 

• Like 1

I was wondering if, because of the writer's strike, shows that were written and even fully produced would be shown to fill up the gaps. I can think of 2 off the top of my head. That said, I haven't heard a thing. 

• Like 1

I too am surprised that this show hasn't found a home yet for an already finished S3 and S4.  I still haven't seen S3 because i never had access to TNT and watched on HBO (which never showed S3).  I'll be traveling in Europe later this summer and at least then i can watch S3 on Netflix there.  

Cancelled Snowpiercer’s ‘Incredible’ Final Season Will End Up ‘Somewhere,’ Series Vet Avows
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   DECEMBER 20, 2023
https://tvline.com/news/snowpiercer-season-4-update-premiere-date-network-casting-news-1235101192/ 

Snowpiercer — cancelled 11 months ago by TNT and in turn left without a home for its completed final season — will find new tracks for its farewell rotation, says cast member Mike O’Malley (who plays former brakeman Sam Roche).
TVLine recently asked O’Malley (creator of the midseason NBC comedy Extended Family) if and when Snowpiercer‘s swan song might see the light of day. “I’m trying to get an answer on that,” he said, noting that Season 4 boasts “incredible storytelling done by our [new] showrunner Paul Zbyszewski.”
Asked if Season 4 was written at all as a final season, O’Malley told TVLine, “We were actually hoping that we’d keep going, but I think there’s an ending to that where it could be the end, and it’s very hopeful…. So I really, really can’t wait for that show to get out there and for people to see it, because it’s awesome.” — With reporting by Ryan Schwartz

Inside Line: Scoop on S.W.A.T., Quantum Leap, #OneChicago, For All Mankind, Star Trek: Section 31, La Brea and More!
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   JANUARY 30, 2024
https://tvline.com/lists/star-trek-section-31-movie-spoilers-shazad-latif-tyler/one-chicago-crossovers-2024/ 

Please tell me where I can watch Snowpiercer Season 4. It’s driving me crazy! –Aaron
As we continue to await news on a (possible) new home for the TNT castoff’s farewell season, here is series vet Mike O’Malley teasing it (some more). (Kinda-sorta spoilers ahead?) “Season 4 was probably the season where I had the most on-screen time,” Roche’s portrayer told TVLine. “We get off the train, there’s incredible storytelling done by our showrunner Paul Zbyszewski, and the production designers on that show were unbelievable. They built this really amazing place called New Eden, and the visual effects [were great].”

‘Missing’ Shows, Found! The Latest on Snowpiercer, Severance, Holey Moley, Rings of Power, 61st Street and Others
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   APRIL 22, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/missing-tv-shows-renewed-cancelled/ 

SNOWPIERCER (AMC/AMC+)
Last aired: Season 3 aired on TNT Jan. 24 through March 28, 2022. Season 4 — which was ordered in July 2021, well ahead of Season 3’s premiere — was announced to be the final season in June 2022, but wound up getting scrapped at TNT in January 2023 (after production had wrapped). Lead producer Tomorrow Studios then set out to find a new home for that finished season of episodes.

Update: The fourth and final season will premiere on AMC and AMC+ in “early 2025.”

Edited by tv echo