Type keyword(s) to search

Gizelle Bryant: The Baddest Storyline Walking

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

You are correct, that they are not financially linked but Karen and Gizelle have a very structured playbook:

• Karen will bring up Jamal's tax issues because she's still hella salty about that t-shirt and Gizelle kicking Ray while he's down
  • Gizelle will respond with fervor over Karen's comments, not because she's wrong, but because her kids will see it (even though those girls know their daddy comes from a long line of "Ain't shit"); and
  • Karen will then respond with a faux-pology along the lines of "I'm sorry that your taste in men is so poor and I was wrong for pointing that out to you"

Rinse, lather, repeat...

then ray will just be sitting there like I want to be anywhere but near this woman ... I feel so bad for ray ..

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Karen will then respond with a faux-pology along the lines of "I'm sorry that your taste in men is so poor and I was wrong for pointing that out to you"

More like "I'm sorry you can't keep a man".  I can't stand Karen!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

The link is in the Gizelle thread, but RadarOnLine is saying that Jamal owes $749k in back taxes. Not quite Ray's "millions" but enough.

I had to look this up ( link ) ... just how people get so deep in the IRS tax hole - I just don't get it..

What year did they divorce ? What the hell happened to his cash flow in 2018 - he took a W2 job that withheld taxes? Trying to get out of child support?

"According to official records obtained by Radar, the pastor/reality star was hit with a federal tax lien by the Internal Revenue Service on March 19.

The document claims Bryant owes a ton of cash for 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2018. The breakdown of the debt is $302,044.14 (2008), $99,427.57 (2010), $132,242.78 (2011), $78,778.20 (2012), $28,039.41 (2014), $49,148 (2016) and $336.55 (2018.)"

I take it that Karen doesn't know about the tax bill?🍿

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, sATL said:

I had to look this up ( link ) ... just how people get so deep in the IRS tax hole - I just don't get it..

What year did they divorce ? What the hell happened to his cash flow in 2018 - he took a W2 job that withheld taxes? Trying to get out of child support?

"According to official records obtained by Radar, the pastor/reality star was hit with a federal tax lien by the Internal Revenue Service on March 19.

The document claims Bryant owes a ton of cash for 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2018. The breakdown of the debt is $302,044.14 (2008), $99,427.57 (2010), $132,242.78 (2011), $78,778.20 (2012), $28,039.41 (2014), $49,148 (2016) and $336.55 (2018.)"

I take it that Karen doesn't know about the tax bill?🍿

And Gizelle said Grace was bringing down the Bryant name by continuously failing her Drivers License test...

I hated that Grace had to have that on tv...but I hope it will end with her triumphantly passing when the season winds down.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sATL said:

What year did they divorce ?

She filed in early January of 2008 after finding out he cheated and was accused of sleeping with some woman in his congregation but officially were divorced in 2009… there is a dailymail article that chronicles it 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 2
21 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

They divorced in 2009 

oooohhhhweeee 🍿🍿🍿 that is after tax year 2008....  $302,044.14 (2008)... Giz could be on the hook for some of that - how's that "For Every Hue" line in Target coming along - people need less due to COVID ?... And I wonder what is the bill owed to the state of MD ?

Sounds like we have another Teresa Guidice (RHONJ) in the making.. doing what ever to clear debt, primarily caused by hubbie... or in this case soon-to-be-ex-hubbie... Does Andy know ? He kinda  bent over backwards to help Teresa earn $$ for restitution ; even created a special mini series for her to call in from federal prison...

Even some of Teresa's  frenemies' did things to help in the name of "her four daughters". GIz bestie is one step out of financial troubles herself.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, sATL said:

oooohhhhweeee 🍿🍿🍿 that is after tax year 2008....  $302,044.14 (2008)... Giz could be on the hook for some of that - how's that "For Every Hue" line in Target coming along... And I wonder what is the bill owed to the state of MD ?

Sounds like we have another Teresa Guidice (RHONJ) in the making.. doing what ever to clear debt, primarily caused by hubbies... or in this case soon-to-be-ex-hubbies... Does Andy know ? He kinda  bent over backwards to help Teresa earn $$ for restitution ; even created a special mini series for her to call in from federal prison...

Even some of Teresa's  frenemies' did things to help in the name of "her four daughters". GIz bestie is one step out of financial troubles herself.

If she was on the hook for it it would be out there trust and believe… if they were separated in 2008 I don’t think so 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I always feel like those tax bills come from an attempt to hide income.  

Jamal works with a church and IIRC, had "charities"  if this was done, even to hide SOME money that should have been taxable income you don't just owe it back. 

You owe, taxes, penalties and interest.  So now you're rolling with an 800k bill. 

• Love 2

She's going to have to show that she filed separately in 2008 or else the IRS will come after her as well. If you are a joint filer normally and you didn't file, then your marital status doesn't trump that. 

• Useful 4
5 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

She's going to have to show that she filed separately in 2008 or else the IRS will come after her as well. If you are a joint filer normally and you didn't file, then your marital status doesn't trump that. 

She doesn’t have to do shit at this point. If the IRS comes calling for her then she will have to answer but at this point there is no indication that is happening. It’s entirely possible that they did come to her and she paid her shit.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She doesn’t have to do shit at this point. 

Right she would have already been named after 13 years and Karen would have used this against her.  This isn’t like something just a few years old this is 13 years …

I wonder who was being boss bitch while Mia tore herself away? HAs anyone asked what her husband does yet? I know I asked before but really what the hell does he do? Did Mia go to business school? I have so many questions  

edit this shit is hilarious mia’s business website sells candles and candle holders and shit… no wonder Wendy been coming for her lol 

https://amilleonlondon.com

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, sATL said:

oooohhhhweeee 🍿🍿🍿 that is after tax year 2008....  $302,044.14 (2008)... Giz could be on the hook for some of that - how's that "For Every Hue" line in Target coming along - people need less due to COVID ?... And I wonder what is the bill owed to the state of MD ?

Doubtful because the last tax year they were together was tax year 2007 if she filed for divorce in early 2008.  I'm pretty sure she didn't file "married/filing jointly" for 2008, which would be the absolute year she could be liable for any of Jamal's taxes (since he doesn't have a lien for tax year 2009).

The IRS doesn't just up and slap you with a lien.  They will write you several letters FIRST.  For you to get the lien means you ignored all the IRS' letters.  That goes for Ray and Robyn, too (Robyn admitted she ignored the letters last season when she got slapped with a lien).

If Gizelle was responsible for 2008 and responded to the IRS' letters and paid what she owed, the IRS wouldn't be slapping her with a lien.  And she's certainly not responsible for Jamal's taxes from 2010-2018.

Gizelle won't be facing a downgrade in her lifestyle because Jamal didn't pay his bills.  She won't have to sell her house or have to hand over her BRAVO paycheck to Jamal.  So Karen can laugh but Karen is the one who had to sell her house, move into a series of rentals and hand over her money because Ray didn't pay his bills.

For all we know, last season was a quid pro quo: you help me have a storyline for this season and I'll break you off some of my BRAVO paycheck so you can pay your bills.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

yet? I know I asked before but really what the hell does he do?

She said on one of her first episode that he used to run the franchises but decided to slow down/be more of a hands on dad/retire which is when she became more involved in the day to day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She said on one of her first episode that he used to run the franchises but decided to slow down/be more of a hands on dad/retire which is when she became more involved in the day to day.

I zone in and out with her .. so thanks for clarifying 

• LOL 2
15 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

How does a “Pastor” ignore his tax bill to the tune of almost a million dollars? He ain’t reading the same Bible I am!! Despicable.

How does a pastor have taxable income of almost a million dollars? 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

How does a pastor have taxable income of almost a million dollars? 

Well it’s several years and because it’s a lien it most likely includes a ton of fines and interest penalties which if you defer it long enough can grow to more than you initially owed. That said tons of pastors make bank. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

But how is that G’a problem? She isn’t and hasn’t been married to the man. Hasn’t been linked to him financially at all. 

It may come out that the restaurant Jamal "gave" his daughters was some sort of tax dodge. That's about the only way his tax problems would involve Gizelle, other than maybe causing him to beg off paying child support.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RedHawk said:

It may come out that the restaurant Jamal "gave" his daughters was some sort of tax dodge. That's about the only way his tax problems would involve Gizelle, other than maybe causing him to beg off paying child support.

Jamal "gave" the restaurant to the girls in 2019 and the lien situations are for 2008, 2010-2018.  So that "may" be a problem in the future but has nothing to do with Jamal's current 2008, 2010-2018 tax woes.

• Useful 2

#RHUGT 3 Preview: Gizelle puts Leah McSweeney on blast in front of the whole group 😭

In all the years I've been watching Potomac, I've never seen Gizelle get as buck as she does here.

Where was this energy for Candiace? For Wendy? Hell, Gizelle should have brought THIS personality to every skirmish she's had with Auntie Kern! I guess there's just something special about Leah ....

I won't even mention the fact that Giz seems to be trying to pin some type of racist motivation on Leah.

[Grumbles in eXiled] Gizelle got me out here feeling sorry for one of the people who helped ruin my beloved RHONY. That's another reason why I'll never see it for this lame heffa. I'm shallow as fuck and like pretty people, but I just can't bring myself to like this basic chick. [/Grumbles in eXiled]

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, eXiled said:

#RHUGT 3 Preview: Gizelle puts Leah McSweeney on blast in front of the whole group 😭

In all the years I've been watching Potomac, I've never seen Gizelle get as buck as she does here.

Where was this energy for Candiace? For Wendy? Hell, Gizelle should have brought THIS personality to every skirmish she's had with Auntie Kern! I guess there's just something special about Leah ....

I won't even mention the fact that Giz seems to be trying to pin some type of racist motivation on Leah.

[Grumbles in eXiled] Gizelle got me out here feeling sorry for one of the people who helped ruin my beloved RHONY. That's another reason why I'll never see it for this lame heffa. I'm shallow as fuck and like pretty people, but I just can't bring myself to like this basic chick. [/Grumbles in eXiled]

Gizzy did not have to work hard on RHOP because she was an Executive Producer or something of that sort, so she thought of herself as a boss.

On Girl's Trip, she's just one of the cast so she actually has to work.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1