Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
katisha

Masterchef (AU) Spoilers: Read at your own risk!

Recommended Posts

Thought it might be time to check out the Sportsbet odds again to see if anything has changed in the past few weeks.

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/novelty-bets/masterchef-australia/masterchef-australia-2020-back-to-win-5042016

Reynold being odds-on at this early stage doesn't surprise me and Poh being part of the top three is probably a given.  Laura will make it a long way (hopefully not because of Jock).  But Reece at number five and Callum in the bottom six?  I can't see how that could possibly happen!

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

I'd be very pleased if Reynold won. I really like Callum but if he can't win, calm and competent Reynold will make a fine winner and take away the sting of last season's winner who I really really really did not like at all!!!

They are still filming though right? So this isn't like a leaked result?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

They are still filming though right? So this isn't like a leaked result?

As far as I'm aware, they still are.  But in the past few seasons Sportsbet have been pretty accurate, especially with their predicted winners.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/9/2020 at 6:08 AM, katisha said:

Thought it might be time to check out the Sportsbet odds again to see if anything has changed in the past few weeks.

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/novelty-bets/masterchef-australia/masterchef-australia-2020-back-to-win-5042016

Reynold being odds-on at this early stage doesn't surprise me and Poh being part of the top three is probably a given.  Laura will make it a long way (hopefully not because of Jock).  But Reece at number five and Callum in the bottom six?  I can't see how that could possibly happen!

We outside of Australia can't access sportsbet.  Any chance you could copy and paste in future posts so we can see for ourselves?  (I'm really curious where Tessa comes in 😉 )

Edited by ReallyRealReality

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, ReallyRealReality said:

We outside of Australia can't access sportsbet.  Any chance you could copy and paste in future posts so we can see for ourselves?  (I'm really curious where Tessa comes in 😉 )

Here you go

Screenshot_20200511-200217.thumb.png.db3862f5dcedff937d5027edb24c2ef3.png

504464592_Screenshot_20200511-2002312.thumb.png.45d5db2327b65381a48b808a39c90ea3.png

Share this post


Link to post

Thank you!!!!!

Poor Simon, I hope he can stick around longer than Laura... I'm ready for her to go.  Tessa's odds are middle of the pack, which gives me hope she still has a chance,, but I'm really surprised Reece is slightly better than her.  Huh?!!!!

Share this post


Link to post

Can't believe Hayden is in the Top 10. I swear he is being graded on a curve or kept around because he's more well known. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Reece is a bit of a surprise but otherwise yes these all sound like a very plausible top 10. 

Share this post


Link to post

Thought I'd attach this again for anyone who can't access it as the odds have changed!

Screenshot_20200521-210748.thumb.png.d4831c33dc377af37944cb43f22b36e2.png

 

Share this post


Link to post

They sure have! How on earth could Jess be near the bottom? The odds have been all over the place so far this season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, huge change. But I usually find the odds get far more accurate by this point of the season (I guess because the final/final episodes actually happen and people on set leak), so I have to imagine that's a likely top 3?

Share this post


Link to post

Wow!  Thank you!

Looks like Tessa still has a shot.  But I'm kinda surprise Emelia's up there now, she really hasn't been shown that much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, ReallyRealReality said:

But I'm kinda surprise Emelia's up there now, she really hasn't been shown that much.

I remember this happened to Elena. She was basically in the background the majority of S8 and then really started getting attention with less than 8-6 contestants remaining. I think it's more the show favouring some contestants too early on for their stories and personalities. They end up overlooking more talented and quieter contestants. Similar thing happened with Billie; I remember Georgia getting way more attention for most of the series.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Athena said:

I remember this happened to Elena. She was basically in the background the majority of S8 and then really started getting attention with less than 8-6 contestants remaining. I think it's more the show favouring some contestants too early on for their stories and personalities. They end up overlooking more talented and quieter contestants. Similar thing happened with Billie; I remember Georgia getting way more attention for most of the series.

If that's the case, it's very poor production.  I never saw Emelia's season so I know nothing about her except what they showed leading up to the sushi train immunity challenge.  It's tough for the public to have faith enough in any contestant to wager on them winning if they never get to see them!  As it is, here we are with over 25 episodes in and whenever I see a wide shot of the contestants I try naming them off and actually have difficulty because I can't remember which one they are, or what their name is (sorry Emelia, it's taken a while).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

@katisha!!!!

We don't have a new week thread yet but can you tell me what happened tonight?

I always love to know what happens based on your comments before I watch a few days later!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@katisha!!!!

We don't have a new week thread yet but can you tell me what happened tonight?

I always love to know what happens based on your comments before I watch a few days later!

Haa, I do that as well with eliminations & pressure tests! I like to know beforehand who's going home. Thank you @katisha  😄 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

@katisha!!!!

We don't have a new week thread yet but can you tell me what happened tonight?

I always love to know what happens based on your comments before I watch a few days later!

Sorry, @Mellowyellow! I usually don't go out on a "school night", especially now, but tonight a friend invited me over for dinner so I watched MC a bit later than usual. 🙂

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Another shuffle-up in the market but interestingly, Emilia is still favourite. And it would appear we are losing Reece or Brendan on Sunday.

 

Masterchef latest market.jpg

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if they've filmed the final episode yet?

Because just for the franchise's sake I hope the odds are correct and Emelia is the winner.

MasterChef is all about being wholesome. I don't see how they can let Reynold win.

Would they strip him of the title? Refilm it? He's going to be the new MasterChef Voldemort if he wins.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/29/2020 at 11:17 PM, Mellowyellow said:

Because just for the franchise's sake I hope the odds are correct and Emelia is the winner.

MasterChef is all about being wholesome. I don't see how they can let Reynold win.

In the latest market without Jess (😢😢😢), Emilia is still the favourite but it appears pretty clear Reynold will be the last man standing.  The bottom five in the market are all blokes at the moment and the current boot order would be something like Simon, then Brendan, then Callum, then Khanh, then Reece. 

Sportsbet have got the last few years very right but this season it's all over the place.  They predicted Jess for top four and she's gone.  Does anyone know if this season will have the usual second chance for the eliminated contestants?

Share this post


Link to post

I can "almost" live with that, but only if Emilia wins.  To me, it wouldn't be fair if Laura won because of Jock.  I don't want "I'm not a homophobe but gay people are freaks" Reynold to win either, and I'm sick of the sight and sound of Poh and we've got weeks of her to go yet, so I kind of hope she finishes second again. God, I hope the bookies are right!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm the fact that Jess had good odds so recently does make me more skeptical this season. I always assumed they were paying off staffers on the show?!

Share this post


Link to post

Latest odds:

Emelia Jackson 1.19

Laura Sharrad 5.00

Reynold Poenomo 7.00

Poh Ling Yeow 20.00

Callum Hann 45.00

Khanh Ong 51.00

Sarah Tiong 67.00

Reece Hignell 81.00

Brendan Pang 91.00

Tessa Boersma 101.00

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, retrograde said:

Latest odds:

(...)

Betting is not very common in my country so not sure how that works. Is that based on what people think will happen, or is it based on some spoiler info that people actually have?

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Sarnia said:

Betting is not very common in my country so not sure how that works. Is that based on what people think will happen, or is it based on some spoiler info that people actually have?

Well, for the past three or four years, it's clear someone involved in the production of the show must have been leaking stuff because Sportsbet were absolutely correct about the winner.  Even in Elena's season when she'd had virtually no airtime, she was right at the top of the market.  

This season the market has been a lot less consistent and I've been wondering if COVID-19 has had an impact i.e. there's likely a lot less crew than there would have been in past seasons, or else they've plugged up the leaks somehow!  But Emilia has been the favourite for the last few weeks and whilst the order behind her keeps changing, she is staying at the top so I think that might be significant.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, katisha said:

This season the market has been a lot less consistent and I've been wondering if COVID-19 has had an impact i.e. there's likely a lot less crew than there would have been in past seasons, or else they've plugged up the leaks somehow!  

Plus they probably have no more service challenges, which usually involve many diners. But I agree they must still have some insight into who competed in the finale itself. Every other online betting site has the same top three, but a fair bit of variation in places 4-9. And as we just saw, Sportsbet didn't seem to have banked on Sarah T going last night.

Edited by retrograde
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Here is an article about Emilia being favourite to win with major bookmakers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I read somewhere on facebook that they’re filming the finals, and guess who are the top 3 .. 

-Reynold

-Poh

-Laura

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, xchouchoutex said:

I read somewhere on facebook that they’re filming the finals, and guess who are the top 3 .. 

-Reynold

-Poh

-Laura

God, I so hope the ones about Emilia winning are true, then.  Knowing Callum is probably going to go next means the only one I could stand to win this season is Emilia.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm ok with Laura.

I actually think she's an excellent cook who can do both sweet and savoury when she's not focussed on pasta.

Laura and Emilia are both ok choices for me. The others not so much.

Callum is my dream winner but that's not happening. I've had an excellent run on the other competitive cooking shows this year but probably not with MC AU.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

THREE WORDS (okay one is not so much a "word" but kind of...):

CELEBRITY MASTERCHEF UK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TVBitch !!!!! I know you're watching with me!

I'll come back here at some point to see who won Masterchef AU. Sadly, it is no longer must see TV for me 😞 I'm really impressed at those of you, whom I respect and admire as commenters, managed to hang in for this entire season.

So I just noticed I posted this in spoilers and I have no idea really, who even remains in the contest, so I'll just mosey over to the latest episode thread.......

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I'm ok with Laura.

Actually, she would be fine too. As long as it's not the "shoved down our throats" Poh or Reynold, that's okay by me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Reynold's Harry Potter dessert being hailed as the Second Coming notwithstanding, the bookies still don't think he's gonna win.

MCAU.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size