Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: It's Not You, It's Me

• Start Topic

Filled with guilt and regret, Jen finds a civic-minded way to unleash some pent-up feelings. Judy revisits her past. The police uncover a new lead.

Of course Katey Sagal ends up being Judy’s mother.  Hi Peggy Bundy!!!!!

i really liked they scene between Judy and mom.   “Do you know how hard it is to hide and lie all the time?”  and “it’s not the worst thing.  Paying the price.”

• Love 8
(edited)

I've mentioned that I think it's ridiculous that Katey Sagal shows up in every. freaking. show. I watch and since I've mentioned that I've seen her in Brooklyn 99 and this show.  It's ridiculous.  She doesn't have to show up in EVERY show.  (Before this I had seen her in Superior Donuts, This is Us, LOST... )

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I've mentioned that I think it's ridiculous that Katey Sagal shows up in every. freaking. show. I watch and since I've mentioned that I've seen her in Brooklyn 99 and this show.  It's ridiculous.  She doesn't have to show up in EVERY show.  (Before this I had seen her in Superior Donuts, This is Us, LOST... )

Also, Shameless, Grand Hotel and The Connors. Yeah, Peg Bundy really gets around these days.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I've mentioned that I think it's ridiculous that Katey Sagal shows up in every. freaking. show.

17 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Maybe I'd feel different if I felt like she played a huge range of characters but I just don't!

And Morgan Freeman is in Every Freaking Movie of the last 30 years. Playing the same character. He doesn't even play a character. He's just Morgan Freeman.

The difference, for me, is Katy Sagal is interesting.

• Love 4
On 5/9/2020 at 5:04 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

She was also Penny’s mom on Big Bang Theory 

• Useful 1

I find it totally unbelievable that the nice, handsome, successful chiropractor would fall for Jen. She is a brittle alcoholic sourpuss who sneers everything she says. But then maybe there is something wrong with him too, cuz if I was looking for my brother who went missing and might be dead, I would be getting excited about some new guy at this time.    

• Love 3

None of you are even mentioning her in probably her best and most famous role, Gemma on Sons of Anarchy.  At least she didn't try singing on this show.....ugghhhhh.

And Futurama. 

No I actually don't mind her but she does pop up now in quite a few shows and did think about her and Christina Applegate being reunited. 

In general this season seems lackluster and they are dragging out a whole bunch of things.  I could see 3 episodes ago or so where things were going when the son found the car.  Its on easy conclusion to reach from there that things would tumble quickly.  Not as quickly as I expected since then though. 

I don't care one bit about Judy and her lesbian lover. 

I don't mind Jen so much as some of the other fans it seems.  At least she isn't the meek doting housewife all destroyed after her husband died. 

• Love 3

I hardly see her in anything, but it took me a minute to recognize Katey Sagal. Poor Judy - her face when her mother said that being a parent is overrated. 

I thought the argument near the end, was well done, and it made me cry. Jen's son's face when she said that she was scared. Also, probably the only amusing bit: when she told him to put his bowl in the dishwasher. 

I liked what Jen got to say to the guy who tried to force himself on her, too. 

• Love 5

I just binge-watched this season over the last few days, & Jen telling the councilman that he was "gross", in front of the entire council, was hysterical. One of my favorite moments this season. 

My favorite scene in the entire series, so far, is in season 1, when they're at the grief retreat, & they're doing "carry-on-oke". Telma Hopkins character adds her dead husband's name to every line of the song. I can't remember the song, but I'll go with Elvis. 

"Wise men say, Burt
Only fools rush in, Burt
But I can't help falling in love with you, Burt.
Shall I stay, Burt?
Would it be a sin, Burt?
If I can't help falling in love with you, Burt."

I could barely type this, because I was laughing so hard I am crying, typing away at my computer. So, so funny!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, nkotb said:

I just binge-watched this season over the last few days, & Jen telling the councilman that he was "gross", in front of the entire council, was hysterical. One of my favorite moments this season. 

My favorite scene in the entire series, so far, is in season 1, when they're at the grief retreat, & they're doing "carry-on-oke". Telma Hopkins character adds her dead husband's name to every line of the song. I can't remember the song, but I'll go with Elvis. 

"Wise men say, Burt
Only fools rush in, Burt
Shall I stay, Burt?
Would it be a sin, Burt?

I could barely type this, because I was laughing so hard I am crying, typing away at my computer. So, so funny!

I didn’t catch this the first time, I have to rewatch now

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/18/2020 at 7:51 PM, nkotb said:

"Wise men say, Burt
Only fools rush in, Burt
Shall I stay, Burt?
Would it be a sin, Burt?

It's been a couple of months since I watched this. My recollection (could be wrong) is that the song was "Don't Leave Me This Way" with, of course, the insertion of "Burt" at any given opportunity.

Don't leave me this way
I can't survive, I can't stay alive
Without your love, no baby

Don't leave me this way
I can't exist, I will surely miss your tender kiss
So don't leave me this way

Oh, baby, my heart is full of love and desire for you
So come on down and do what you've got to do
You started this fire down in my soul
Now can't you see it's burning out of control
So come on down and satisfy the need in me
'Cause only your good loving can set me free

Thelma Hopkins! She is a treasure. Who remembers Tony Orlando and Dawn (she was one of the "Dawn" duo)? Good on her for taking that opportunity and rising above and beyond it!

Edited by Ashforth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I LOVED that Jen got to tell everyone what a gross lecherous pig that councilman was in front of everyone. The fact that he brought up how they met without any hesitation or the slightest twinge of regret just goes to show that he thought his behavior was normal and okay and that he probably does that kind of shit ALL THE TIME.

I don't mind Katey Segal showing up on lots of shows. She is 66 years old and she is still a working actress who gets hired regularly, which is pretty fucking rare in this industry, especially since she hasn't been relegated to Old Woman at the Bank, White Haired Granny Talking About Menopause with Strangers on the Bus, or other roles that would normally go to actresses who are over the age of 35. For a long time, I could only see her as Peggy Bundy but Sons of Anarchy managed to change that.

I really felt for Judy during that conversation with her mom. It's clear that although she has tried to get past all of her issues with her mom, it still hurt to hear her casually mention that being a mom isn't that great. Most kids will continue to crave their parents' love, attention, and approval no matter how old they are, so I wasn't surprised when Judy said that she would try to find the money to pay for her mom's lawyer. Her mom is a lifelong hustler so what I really wanted was for this visit to give Judy closure so that she would never feel the need to seek out her mom again.

• Love 6
On 7/29/2020 at 4:17 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I LOVED that Jen got to tell everyone what a gross lecherous pig that councilman was in front of everyone. The fact that he brought up how they met without any hesitation or the slightest twinge of regret just goes to show that he thought his behavior was normal and okay and that he probably does that kind of shit ALL THE TIME.

I don't mind Katey Segal showing up on lots of shows. She is 66 years old and she is still a working actress who gets hired regularly, which is pretty fucking rare in this industry, especially since she hasn't been relegated to Old Woman at the Bank, White Haired Granny Talking About Menopause with Strangers on the Bus, or other roles that would normally go to actresses who are over the age of 35. For a long time, I could only see her as Peggy Bundy but Sons of Anarchy managed to change that.

I really felt for Judy during that conversation with her mom. It's clear that although she has tried to get past all of her issues with her mom, it still hurt to hear her casually mention that being a mom isn't that great. Most kids will continue to crave their parents' love, attention, and approval no matter how old they are, so I wasn't surprised when Judy said that she would try to find the money to pay for her mom's lawyer. Her mom is a lifelong hustler so what I really wanted was for this visit to give Judy closure so that she would never feel the need to seek out her mom again.

Katey Sagal can pop up on my screen anytime!  Loved Gemma in SOA.  What an actress is our Miss Sagal!

• Love 1

Just finished watching the series so my comments so late. I don’t mind Katie Sagal. Yes it is good that an older actress is still getting roles. I’ve seen her on the Connors lately and she looks fine.  But I was shocked to see what she looked like on this show just less than two years ago. What happened  with her face? I know they made her look haggard but her hair was hiding most of her face and she had these two huge cheekbones, she looked terrible. The way they filmed her made her look like a giant too. Had she been in an an accident?