Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Where Have You Been

• Start Topic

I get that they love James Marsden (same!), but a secret twin is such a hackneyed, embarrassing road to go down. I am hoping for a twist on a twist; otherwise, it's a kinda garbage ploy. 

• Love 17
22 minutes ago, RedInk said:

I get that they love James Marsden (same!), but a secret twin is such a hackneyed, embarrassing road to go down. I am hoping for a twist on a twist; otherwise, it's a kinda garbage ploy. 

Secret to whom?  Judy knows that Steve has a twin brother.  Or do you mean to the audience?

• Love 3
On 5/10/2020 at 11:50 AM, RedInk said:

But remember, he's only semi-identical! While I also think it's a pretty cheap ploy, I didn't really care because of how much I like Marsden as well. Also I laughed at Jen's reaction and "am I dead" line.

• Applause 1
  • Love 18

I love James Marsden, so I cant complain too much about him being around but...an identical twin? Really? And Judy didnt think to bring this up after Jen killed his brother, who is now missing, who looks just like him?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I agree about the same actor playing his own twin.  It seems so..... Gilligans Island.  I almost expect 'the semi twin' to end up playing possum and actually be Steve.  Just pretending to be the out of town twin to see how mich Judy & Jen let out of the bag

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Yeah, the twin thing is so soapy and silly. I was  momentarily hoping Steve wasn't actually dead and had come back to scare the crap out of them and do even more nefarious things.

Is Jen going to take the Fentanyl her MIL gave her? Is her MIL hoping Jen will OD so she can take the boys? Don't do it Jen!

So they've just left Steve in the garage in an unlocked deep-freezer that anyone could open?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

So they've just left Steve in the garage in an unlocked deep-freezer that anyone could open?

There was definitely a lock on it. Now, I don't know if it was actually locked but the lock was there lol.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

Yeah, the twin thing is so soapy and silly. I was  momentarily hoping Steve wasn't actually dead and had come back to scare the crap out of them and do even more nefarious things.

Is Jen going to take the Fentanyl her MIL gave her? Is her MIL hoping Jen will OD so she can take the boys? Don't do it Jen!

I dont think her MIL wants to OD Jen.  I think that how she rolls.  MIL just sees fentanyl as a all around feel good pill.  For pain, sleep, relaxation, etc.  She feels the opioid crisis is for 'those' people, not her.  

Reminds me when I was watching KUWTK once.  Kris casually offers somebody an ativan- as if she's offering a tylenol.  Same thought process IMO

• Love 4

Even though the twin thing is cliche, my husband and I are loving this season so far. We were going to try to pace ourselves, but ended up watching the first three episodes in one night--would have watched more but I needed to get up early today.

I am confused about something--if they put Steve in the freezer, why did they need to put the pool cover on, and why did Jen freak out when the neighbor opened the pool cover if there was no body?

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 5/11/2020 at 10:04 PM, jiminycrispies said:

But remember, he's only semi-identical!

I guess he's actually a fraternal twin who looks nearly identical to his brother? At any rate, I like how he emphasizes they are only semi-identical.

I don't mind the twin trope, because I love James Marsden. And it's not as if he's some long-lost relative.

On 5/14/2020 at 7:48 AM, Paloma said:

I am confused about something--if they put Steve in the freezer, why did they need to put the pool cover on, and why did Jen freak out when the neighbor opened the pool cover if there was no body?

I think it was to hide the blood in the pool. The filter eventually got rid of it, but it had to have taken some time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

I don't mind that they brought James Marsden back as Steve's (semi-identical) twin. I think he's a fun actor to have around and now we get to see him play someone who isn't such a slimy creep.

I do wonder how guilty he is going to make Jen and Judy feel every time they see his (semi-identical) face though.

The semi-identical twin thing made me laugh because it's just funny that they're trying to play it off like they're not EXACTLY identical but also because I have known more than one set of fraternal twins who looked so similar that strangers thought they were identical twins (weirdly, now that I think about it, there were A LOT of twins in my class - I can think of four different sets of twins that I had classes with in middle school and I know there were a few more who I didn't have classes with).

• Love 4