Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Rave Goodbye

• Start Topic

It’s the final weekend at the Summer House... but before the housemates celebrate with an epic end of summer rave, it’s a house divided for Kyle and Amanda’s bachelor and bachelorette festivities. Jules is blindsided when Danielle threatens to steal Carl’s attention, Luke hijacks Amanda’s spotlight, while Kyle confronts Carl about his recent issues. Finally, Paige attempts to mend Amanda and Hannah’s fractured friendship, but unfortunately some relationships are forever changed by the summer.

Airs May 6, 2020.

Where do we even begin. Amanda is such a massive bitch and was so unbelievably rude to Hannah. I think she’s been doing a little more than just bulletproof coffee to lose weight. Either Adderall which does NOT go well with alcohol, or she’s taken up skiing with Kyle. Paige is just downright full of herself. For the hundredth time, Kyle and Amanda should not get married. They know it, we know it, the tarot card reader knows it. Please spare us and cancel your appetizer wedding.

The rave party kind of grossed me out because it was just a giant mess with Kyle urinating everywhere. I didn’t really care about the rave party at all.

The Zoom Reunion. Lindsay looked really good. The rest of the women were dolled up like housewives which I thought was hilarious. Amanda’s insecurity really came through on-camera. She kept looking to Kyle for cues and sucking her cheeks in to make herself look better. They looked so awkward sitting there. They clearly hate each other. Hannah did not bring her cool girl act to the reunion. She annoyed me. I though Luke got the shaft to a degree. Jules is a whiny little bitch. I don’t like her now that we’ve seen her true colors. I also thought her glaring lamp without a lampshade set lighting was pretty funny. This season made me like Lindsay, and she also has a real job which earns points. I don’t really care about Carl or Danielle. 

• Love 7

Why wasn’t it even brought up if they were going to attempt to film at all this summer or not?   I’m guessing that means not.

It’s weird that Hannah and Luke have not had sex.  And using “feelings” or whatever as a shield is lame AF.  There’s something more to it.  I mean “I love her, I’m not in love with her” is friend zoning, no?   Obviously they can do what they want to do, but I think it is weird.

And damn they are an incestuous bunch!  Everett’s current gf is Carl’s ex gf.  Pretty much everyone has hooked up with either Carl or Lindsey.  

I’m glad Lindsey still isn’t all hung up on Everett.  

The reunion felt rushed.  

• Love 7

I don’t really think Carl wants to settle down. Guys like that never do. They’ll run that game into their 60s and beyond. I don’t exactly think Kyle does either, but Amanda is 50% of his story line at the moment. I don’t see the show recovering from covid unless they recast it completely. Kyle’s already knocking on 40’s door and Carl is not far behind. 

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

Amanda is a rude asshole.

THIS!! Why is she so angry at Luke or even Hannah? He is taking the high road and I have to give him props for that, b/c not many people would. We all know it's probably because she is miserable with Kyle, but she needs to chill and focus on her own relationship. 

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I don’t really think Carl wants to settle down. Guys like that never do. They’ll run that game into their 60s and beyond. I don’t exactly think Kyle does either, but Amanda is 50% of his story line at the moment. I don’t see the show recovering from covid unless they recast it completely. Kyle’s already knocking on 40’s door and Carl is not far behind. 

And if Carl is committed to his sober life (I hope for his sake that he is sincere), then I don’t see him being a full time house member.  I would hope he is smart enough not to even try to do a sober summer.  I know for him a lot of it is the girls / social, but ALL of that was alcohol fueled.  

I’m ok with shaking the cast up, but if Carl and Kyle go (Kyle will be dragged out of there on his last dying breath), then Lindsey is the only “senior” member and that would not be fun.  You can already see how the age difference divided the girls this past summer.  And there isn’t anything wrong with that, Paige was 100% correct when she said she gravitated to Amanda because they are the same age.  It makes sense.  But they need an even mix if they are going to do a mixed age house. 

I know Christina wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I wouldn’t  be opposed to bringing her back full time.  And maybe another peer of theirs, or even Danielle.

• Love 3
(edited)

Amanda very likely had a massive crush on Luke and was insanely jealous of both Luke and Hannah. Unfortunately for her she’s locked into a relationship and a job with a man-child and an ugly engagement ring.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

Oy, I was impressed w Kyle’s talk w Carl as well as Carl’s repsonse.

Amanda’s non-apology to Luke? Not so much.

I do feel for the 3 of them  trying to launch loverboy during a pandemic 😕

• Love 1
10 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Why wasn’t it even brought up if they were going to attempt to film at all this summer or not?   I’m guessing that means not.

It’s weird that Hannah and Luke have not had sex.  And using “feelings” or whatever as a shield is lame AF.  There’s something more to it.  I mean “I love her, I’m not in love with her” is friend zoning, no?   Obviously they can do what they want to do, but I think it is weird.

And damn they are an incestuous bunch!  Everett’s current gf is Carl’s ex gf.  Pretty much everyone has hooked up with either Carl or Lindsey.  

I’m glad Lindsey still isn’t all hung up on Everett.  

The reunion felt rushed.  

They probably haven’t heard from the producer about filming yet.  Ian Gelfad, the producer, was on a podcast last week and was asked the question about new season and he said they were hopeful but still not sure. 

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

And if Carl is committed to his sober life (I hope for his sake that he is sincere), then I don’t see him being a full time house member.  I would hope he is smart enough not to even try to do a sober summer.  I know for him a lot of it is the girls / social, but ALL of that was alcohol fueled.  

I’m ok with shaking the cast up, but if Carl and Kyle go (Kyle will be dragged out of there on his last dying breath), then Lindsey is the only “senior” member and that would not be fun.  You can already see how the age difference divided the girls this past summer.  And there isn’t anything wrong with that, Paige was 100% correct when she said she gravitated to Amanda because they are the same age.  It makes sense.  But they need an even mix if they are going to do a mixed age house. 

I know Christina wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I wouldn’t  be opposed to bringing her back full time.  And maybe another peer of theirs, or even Danielle.

I liked Christina too and I think they'd need more sophisticated housemates than Amanda/Hannah/Paige/Jules i.e., people with real jobs beyond social media influencing. I think the fact that Lindsay and Danielle have career jobs and the rest of them have jobs based on appearances and staged situations with no substance furthers that divide. Two totally different playing fields.

Totally agree that Kyle will be rolled out of summer shares feet first, especially since they rely on partying to market Loverboy. That's going to be a tough one for Carl. I know a guy who was an account executive for a major beer brand and he developed a massive alcohol dependency with all the entertaining and steakhouse dinners he had to do. 

Another thing about Amanda/Kyle and Hannah/Luke - it came out on the reunion last night. Amanda defffffinitely didn't want any other couples action in the house. I think part of her jealousy was she was afraid Huke would eclipse them because they actually had chemistry and were really into each other.....where Kyle and Amanda are basically a relationship belly flop because they hate each other. I mean, they had closet hate sex for the finale last night, ew.

• Love 4

Impressed with Carl. Good for him realizing the issue and taking steps to correct it. 

Luke came across like an ass. Did he set up the camera to show off his hockey trophies? 

Paige & Jules in ball gowns. The bow on Paige's dress was trying to eat her head. 

Seriously entertained by this season, might be due in part to the quarantine. I hope they find some way to film this summer. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, snarts said:

Luke came across like an ass. Did he set up the camera to show off his hockey trophies? 

Ha!  I mean even Hannah didn’t record from the tennis court. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, geauxaway said:

I know Christina wasn’t everyone’s cup of tea, but I wouldn’t  be opposed to bringing her back full time.

YES!  That would make Lindsey so angry, it would be worth it!  Also, I really liked Christina.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

If Luke and Hannah did not have sex. What was going on the night they left the door open and you could hear Hannah moaning all over the house?

IDK.  I think Lindsay made reference to him going down on her for hours.  

Lindsay's foundation was so yellow and so distracting during the girls only dinner. Maybe it was just the lighting, but it seemed to only be her face that was yellow...

Does Amanda realize everyone could tell she was sucking in her cheeks during the reunion? And she couldn't stop touching her hair. Girl, staaaahppp. 

Hannah looked messy during the reunion, which is her brand, so I guess she's at least staying true to herself. Also she looked naked half the time because of her shirt style, but that would also be staying on brand.

• Love 5

I felt like some of the people on the reunion (Jules, Hannah, Lindsay) were completely different people than in the house!  Julie and Hannah on the negative side and Lindsay on the positive.

I got the impression that Jules was a dick, even with the "harsh treatment" she received at the beginning of the season.  She hit Luke?  Accidentally?  Could you imagine the backlash if that conversation went the other way?

And not believing Hannah for one second that she wanted a fun summer boy toy.  She was way into Luke and he just wasn't that into her outside of the show.

Hey Paige, Hannah & Amanda, when you enjoy the company of some people to the exclusion of other people, that's a clique.  It can be innocent and not catty, but yours wasn't. 

Help me.  I actually felt sorry for Carl.  It's not going to last because he will be drinking again, but, wow, he seemed self aware and almost truly apologetic!

I hated that rave party so much.  The outfits, the "hilarity", the outdoor peeing, the making out, the mess that some poor PA had to clean.  Ugh.  However, I did enjoy Carl telling Danielle he enjoyed her more than Jules because he could actually talk to Danielle.  Jules is about as deep as a puddle.

Lindsay looked gorgeous at the reunion.  I thought Amanda looked better than normal too!  Didn't you guys think that Kyle was going to come back with a wig on when Lindsay dared him to do that or stay out of the girls conversation?  I could totally see him doing that.  

I will sadly miss this show.  It's vapid and nothing ever happens, but I find it entertaining.   

• Love 8

After finally watching the Reunion show last night I am even more puzzled by the Luke/Hannah thing. Perhaps their "friendship/relationship" was only done as a story line? I was surprised to hear they never had sex at all even after filming ended.  Maybe it's just me, but the fact he wanted to take her home to meet his family but didn't want to sleep with her or call her his girlfriend was really strange. 

• Love 5
On 5/7/2020 at 9:46 AM, Koalagirl said:

They probably haven’t heard from the producer about filming yet.  Ian Gelfad, the producer, was on a podcast last week and was asked the question about new season and he said they were hopeful but still not sure. 

My guess is, no.  Connecticut just extended their shutdown into mid-June.  NYS will probably follow suit, being in much worse shape than [pretty much] anywhere else in the country.  I just don't see them doing the show this season, unless it's an abbreviated season starting after mid-July (maybe only four or five weeks).

23 hours ago, Kerrey92 said:

I felt like some of the people on the reunion (Jules, Hannah, Lindsay) were completely different people than in the house!  Julie and Hannah on the negative side and Lindsay on the positive.

I got the impression that Jules was a dick, even with the "harsh treatment" she received at the beginning of the season.  She hit Luke?  Accidentally?  Could you imagine the backlash if that conversation went the other way?

And not believing Hannah for one second that she wanted a fun summer boy toy.  She was way into Luke and he just wasn't that into her outside of the show.

Hey Paige, Hannah & Amanda, when you enjoy the company of some people to the exclusion of other people, that's a clique.  It can be innocent and not catty, but yours wasn't. 

Help me.  I actually felt sorry for Carl.  It's not going to last because he will be drinking again, but, wow, he seemed self aware and almost truly apologetic!

I hated that rave party so much.  The outfits, the "hilarity", the outdoor peeing, the making out, the mess that some poor PA had to clean.  Ugh.  However, I did enjoy Carl telling Danielle he enjoyed her more than Jules because he could actually talk to Danielle.  Jules is about as deep as a puddle.

Lindsay looked gorgeous at the reunion.  I thought Amanda looked better than normal too!  Didn't you guys think that Kyle was going to come back with a wig on when Lindsay dared him to do that or stay out of the girls conversation?  I could totally see him doing that.  

I will sadly miss this show.  It's vapid and nothing ever happens, but I find it entertaining.   

I honestly suspect, should there be another season, that Luke and Jules will not be back.  There's no reason for either one of them to take up space on the show.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, b2H said:

My guess is, no.  Connecticut just extended their shutdown into mid-June.  NYS will probably follow suit, being in much worse shape than [pretty much] anywhere else in the country.  I just don't see them doing the show this season, unless it's an abbreviated season starting after mid-July (maybe only four or five weeks).

The good news, they typically don't start filming until late June. I don't remember seeing any Memorial Day weekend parties over the years,

Their show has to be one of the cheapest to film. Strap some go pros on them, sequester them in the house (none appear to have essential positions, they can work remotely) and edit the results.  Seriously. if none of the Bravo shows can be filmed, we're in for a world of hurt entertainment-wise next year.

eta I bet Big Brother will find a way to continue this Summer!

Edited by snarts
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, snarts said:

eta I bet Big Brother will find a way to continue this Summer!

But this show isn’t Big Brother 90% of it is them either having big drunken parties and/or going out to restaurants and other places that are also probably not going to be accommodating large groups this summer. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

But this show isn’t Big Brother 90% of it is them either having big drunken parties and/or going out to restaurants and other places that are also probably not going to be accommodating large groups this summer. 

Let a girl dream!  But seriously, they rarely if ever interact with other people, even those invited to their parties.  It's almost like they're just extras. So quarantine the cast + a few more in the house and film their antics.  Better than nothing.

• Love 3
On 5/9/2020 at 5:05 PM, snarts said:

Let a girl dream!  But seriously, they rarely if ever interact with other people, even those invited to their parties.  It's almost like they're just extras. So quarantine the cast + a few more in the house and film their antics.  Better than nothing.

That would be a great season if they were quarantined with each other. They fight all the time just being together for weekends, imagine an extended amount of time? It would be very entertaining!

• Love 1
On 5/9/2020 at 5:05 PM, snarts said:

I don't see a page for the "Reunion," so I will put this here.  I agree, they don't seem to interact with anyone else, but apparently they do, as Jules and Luke were fighting about how he brought a guy for her to one of the parties and she didn't talk to him or something.  Why don't they show us THAT?  I would rather see that than another clip of them dancing with the zebra*.  Are the clips of them dancing supposed to make us think they are just crazy and fun?

*I wish they would stop trying to make Wesley Stripes happen.  It is so stupid.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2