Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: All's Fair in Glam and War

• Start Topic

That was mildly entertaining.  I guess the sex talk at the dinner table doesn't get old with me because some of it made me chuckle, and it wasn't anything we haven't seen before.  

Not a fan of Sutton being on her best behavior.  Sutton putting her foot in her mouth was exponentially more fun to watch than Kyle being mad at Dorit for tardiness.  

I loved Rinna piping in with a counterpoint to Kyle's claim that she always defends her friends.  It was almost too easy to bring Kyle to tears with that one.  

Intrigued by Kyle taking a stab at Denise.  Did they have a little scuffle last season?  This could be a fun fight.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, princelina said:

Everything seemed off about this show tonight.

First of all, I've gone from thinking Teddi was worried about them ruining her retreat, to thinking her "retreat" was actually bringing in a few clients who wanted a chance to be on tv in return for a televised event for her to host/film.  Apparently it was a 90 minute boxing class, followed by lunch, followed by 4 hours of free time, meditation, dinner and done.   Wouldn't a real retreat that was her "business" include at least one seminar/talk/teaching from Teddi?  A couple different exercise sessions?  Something about nutrition?   Teddi interacting with her clients/fans?  The whole thing seemed not only fake, but a poorly done fake.

The actual retreat was over the course of a few days. I remember seeing Teddi post about it on Instagram. I think we just saw a snippet and as you said, it wasn't very enticing lol. Although, I would have loved that monogramed yoga mat. How cute!

• Useful 5
  • Love 8

Seems like Mauricio isn't the ONLY one on the weed train.  All these fools did the whole hour was EAT.  Eat this here, eat that there...

The retreat looked boring AF and what really made me laugh was the meditation section where every last person had sunglasses on and were all facing the wall instead of the beautiful blue Pacific.  STOOPID!

• LOL 4
  • Love 11

I really dislike when two friends have a disagreement then their other friends chime in. All of them do it and it’s annoying. I’ve always been the peacemaker of my friends and that isn’t an easy position to keep your mouth shut. Obviously you have opinions but you stay out of it as to not gang up on one person. 

Dorit forgets that Kyle did go to bat for her and lost her best friend. Dorit loved all the attention LV gave her and often rubbed Kyle’s nose in it. What Dorit did with that dog was kinda shady as she didn’t follow the adoption guidelines. As far as Lisa R goes, sorry not sorry, BLOOD is thicker than water. Nice try! 

Kyle should’ve left Dorit alone. It wasn’t her event and not her concern. Makes me wonder if Kyle was still pissed at Dorit for saying she saved Kyle’s fashion show. Denise chiming in made matters worse. 

• Love 17

Oh, with Lisa V. gone, it's a competition now to see who is the top dog in this group, and Kyle and Dorit are really crawling up each other's asses in the process. Dorit's comment about the hispanic husbands was... weird. She was just as petty as Kyle in this dumb argument.

Lisa R trying to get in on the action with her comment about Kim Richards was ridiculous. She thirsty!

• Love 24
1 hour ago, HeddaGabler said:

Oh, with Lisa V. gone, it's a competition now to see who is the top dog in this group, and Kyle and Dorit are really crawling up each other's asses in the process. Dorit's comment about the hispanic husbands was... weird. She was just as petty as Kyle in this dumb argument.

Lisa R trying to get in on the action with her comment about Kim Richards was ridiculous. She thirsty!

I agree 100% 

• Love 2

Well, it looks like this season’s goat is going to be Kyle & LVP must be enjoying the hell out of it. Lisa Rinna, your daughter has mental health problems because she as a completely self centered & narcissistic mother and a Father who spends all his time staying as far away from his family as possible. Who wouldn’t be fucked up?  Dorit, I highly doubt that you would have been spending the whole weekend being Mommy to your adorable children. They are only props in the “Glam” world that you’ve built for yourself. Erika and Sutton took a back seat this week, though I think Erika was on the Dorit team because she understands the “ importance” of being at the beck and call of your squad. Teddi’s event didn’t look that healthy to me.Never re@lized that a health retreat would have so many opportunities to drink.  And an hour of meditation seems like a long time.

• Love 8
(edited)

I have no idea why Kyle was so invested in what time Dorit showed up. In the recap of last week, it clearly showed her telling Teddy that she wouldn't be there before 1:00, and Teddy didn't give a damn. And for Kyle to carry on about it the whole episode was just too much. I think she was drunk at the dinner and she seems a mess. I don't think that i will be able to deal with her histrionics this whole season.And Mo seems to be baked all the live long day. Weird dynamic there.

7 hours ago, Axie said:

Where’s Harry Hamlin during all these couples dinners?

Same place PK is? I think PK will be keeping a low profile due to thèir sketchy financial situation - no loss there. Harry wants nothing to do with any of this crap.

I really enjoyed Garcelle. She is so down to earth and seems to be raising some good kids.

Glad Sutton reined it in and hope she keeps that up.

Rinna has the worst case of dehydration ever. It is disgusting how she is airing her daughter's issues. 

Edited by lizajane
  • Love 20

“Let’s be real—none of us want to be here.”OK Erika J. made me guffaw with that one.  I wonder if Teddi made the ladies pay to come to that lame-ass retreat? “Regular” people had to cough up $4650 for 3 days of .... Teddi. Hard pass!

5 hours ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I also found it odd when Dorit was talking about Edwin and Mauricio's cultural backgrounds and how that's bonded Kyle and Teddi. I'm pretty sure neither Mauricio nor Edwin has an accent of any sort. 🤷🏾‍♀️Weird comment from her lol. 

Mauricio has an accent—at least to my ears. Still an odd comment from Dorit though.

8 hours ago, Axie said:

Where’s Harry Hamlin during all these couples dinners?

Same place he’s been for the last 5 years that Lisa’s been on the show... “camping”! Or maybe baking pies. I honestly can’t recall him ever showing up at any Housewives event... unless maybe he came to a few “wrap parties” in her earlier season. 

4 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Seems like Mauricio isn't the ONLY one on the weed train.  All these fools did the whole hour was EAT.  Eat this here, eat that there...

Yes, very off-brand for the BH ladies. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

“Let’s be real—none of us want to be here.”OK Erika J. made me guffaw with that one.  I wonder if Teddi made the ladies pay to come to that lame-ass retreat? “Regular” people had to cough up $4650 for 3 days of .... Teddi. Hard pass!

Mauricio has an accent—at least to my ears. Still an odd comment from Dorit though.

Same place he’s been for the last 5 years that Lisa’s been on the show... “camping”! Or maybe baking pies. I honestly can’t recall him ever showing up at any Housewives event... unless maybe he came to a few “wrap parties” in her earlier season. 

Yes, very off-brand for the BH ladies. 

I remember Harry Hamlin accompanied Rinna to a dinner during her first season on the show.  I think it may have even been her birthday & it was at one of LVP’s restaurants.
 I think HH gave Rinna a pair of earrings.  All staged BS to me.  He’s barely made an appearance since & I think it may be because of what Kim said.

He may feel its best to stay out of sight, therefore out of mind. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think he has appeared a few times here and there after Kim said what she said. I think he just only films the occasional scene with his family, or if Lisa is attending a benefit that has nothing to do with the HWs. But he definitely avoids HWs events.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

“Regular” people had to cough up $4650 for 3 days of .... Teddi. Hard pass!

It was interesting that the activities were secondary to meals, $4650 is a lot of money to pay for hotel meals.  I would have expected guest speakers, one on one's with Teddi or break out groups for specific challenges in losing weight, etc..padding the schedule with 2 hours of meditation and 3 hours of free time, WTF?

I think Dorit had the right idea, come for lunch and a massage!

• Love 9
(edited)

Amidst all the Covid 19 outbreaks and heartbreak I’m just feeling sick watching this show atm. With isolation and restrictions, I’m now so acutely aware of what’s important to me that this show isn’t fun escapism anymore ...  it’s just ridiculous. Pettiness. Consumerism. Narcissism. I could go on. It’s now making me so uncomfortable about enjoying these shallow vacuous women. Eg Who has been invited? Who turned up on time? Did they turn up late because they spent so long with their glam squad and taking photos for Instagram... 

.... enough already. In this current climate I really can’t countenance all this rubbish. No judgement toward anyone still enjoying this show and I’ll possibly still watch because I’m the kind of person who hates to miss out on anything, but I’m really not enjoying it. 

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I have never understood how Teddi's accountability generates money.  It seems like people pay her to report how they are doing on their diets and exercise workouts.  They can't find a cheaper way to be accountable like maybe Weight Watchers?  Her plans start out at $599 per month for a jumpstart and then go to $499. This reinforces the notion that some people have more money than sense. 

I think with Teddi she charges you an obscene amount of money so you are more inclined to stick with the program... its kind of like a back up plan for the diet .... if you don't stick to it you are out a shit load of money ... with weight watchers you can just opt out no big deal.... I mean I would never do it but I can see why some people with no will power or drive who really want to lose the weight yet don't want to lose out on the money you know

• Love 3

I have never really minded Kyle--I always thought she was OK and seemed more or less like a "regular" person. And I have often been put off by Dorit (especially in the whole dog fiasco). But last night I was wondering the whole time why Kyle was being so crazy at Dorit's lateness to this event. 

Still annoyed that Teddi couldn't have just said from the start, "You're invited but I won't feel bad if you don't come" vs. basically, "Who gives a shit if you're there?"

• Love 9
12 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:
12 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I didn't mind Sutton in this episode either. But that's probably because she wasn't featured very much.

I think all the women should have stayed home like Garcelle did. It's clear none of them wanted to be there...not that I blame them. The retreat looked super boring.

It looked like it would have been ok to attend with a bunch of your girlfriends - if retreats are your thing. It didn't seem too restrictive or have your day scheduled hour by hour. Wasn't there like a 3 or 4 hour "free time" gap in the middle of the day? And a fajita bar for dinner? Count me in!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Momager said:

Will someone please explain what Kyle was saying about Denise at the dinner (when Denise got up from the table)?  She came across as a mean girl and it seemed totally unwarranted. I couldn’t figure out what was going on.

It seemed as if something was edited out - Kyle flipped too fast. Somewhere I read that the issue separating Denise from the others was not an affair, but something else entirely - wonder if this is the start of it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Amidst all the Covid 19 outbreaks and heartbreak I’m just feeling sick watching this show atm. With isolation and restrictions, I’m now so acutely aware of what’s important to me that this show isn’t fun escapism anymore ...  it’s just ridiculous. Pettiness. Consumerism. Narcissism. I could go on. It’s now making me so uncomfortable about enjoying these shallow vacuous women. Eg Who has been invited? Who turned up on time? Did they turn up late because they spent so long with their glam squad and taking photos for Instagram... 

.... enough already. In this current climate I really can’t countenance all this rubbish. No judgement toward anyone still enjoying this show and I’ll possibly still watch because I’m the kind of person who hates to miss out on anything, but I’m really not enjoying it. 

Agreed. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Rhetorica said:

I just can't stand Kyle anymore. She's so entitled and assumes her position in the group is at the top...

Yep .. and I can’t stand Dorit.  What’s with those dumb hats and that big lump on top of her head.  She speaks like she belongs in England or Australia or some place real important.  Isn’t she and her husband in some kind of debt and are crooks?  Yeah, she loves him.  Phony.  BTW, do all these so called dress designers have degrees in fashion?  One by one, they’re all having shows.

• Love 1

From what I recall, Harry didn't even really want Lisa on this show.  I suspect he does the bare minimum of appearances to help her keep her diamond kind of like Tom these days.  (Wasn't one of the reason Sutton didn't get a full diamond this season is because her ex wouldn't let her show her kids?) But beyond that, he'll always be "camping" even if he's in the next room.

I loved Dorit's blue jump suit.

I get why Denise might want to control the conversation but after all that she has shared, including talking about Aaron's big penis at the table, I'm not sure why she's all up in arms about Erika talking about dating a couple or the others having been with a woman.  Their step-father's big dick is a far more embarrassing and vulgar topic than what others were sharing about their sapphic pasts. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, HeddaGabler said:

Yep, here we go. Dorit will be prickly and Kyle will be petty - but Rinna will gladly rip their guts out.

8 minutes ago, JustDuckie said:

Lisa Rinna is a one-upper. Especially with her own daughters.

Not cute, not fun, not hip. Kind of annoying IMO.

And pathetic.

• Love 12

Denise should have really put her foot down regarding the vulgar talk if it bothered her that much. Not just saying “I wish they’d wait until the kids are done” or “I need to get the kids out of here” and then proceed to do nothing.

I liked seeing Garcelle’s parenting — that’s the kind of parents I grew up with! “Oh, you want Gucci? Then you need to start making Gucci money.” LOVED when she said it would be obnoxious for her kids to have Gucci anything at this age.

Kyle...WTF? She is so annoying — starting shit with Dorit over literally nothing, then crying and running home when she’s called on her BS. I’m glad Rinna called her out.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Hiyo said:

I think he has appeared a few times here and there after Kim said what she said. I think he just only films the occasional scene with his family, or if Lisa is attending a benefit that has nothing to do with the HWs. But he definitely avoids HWs events.

I think being an actor, he feels like he’s lowering himself by going on this show on a semi regular basis.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Denise had my type of party, pizza and sundae bar. She was ridiculous about the conversation at the dinner table tho, especially when she constantly talks about her sex life and her husbands penis. 

I don't think she was ridiculous. Maybe she curses in front of her kids but doesn't talk about actual sex acts? Maybe she decided at some point to make an effort not to talk about that kind of thing (whether ever or anymore) in front of the kids? Maybe because other people's kids were there too, she was hoping to curtail it?

No matter her rationale, there was no reason for these guests not to comply with her perfectly reasonable wishes--regardless of her own previous language/actions, her ex-husband's escapades, or accessibility of this TV show to kids. Especially considering that, not too long ago, they were pearl-clutching over stuff she said outside of the presence of kids.

Also, the part of the conversation about lesbian tendencies because of sharing a bed is really dumb, and I don't believe that any of them even really think that. Who hasn't nonsexually shared a bed with a friend at some point? I've done it a million times with guys and/or girls (the real question is who has managed to do so without making or hearing dumb, obvious jokes during it, hahaha!).

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Kyle should’ve left Dorit alone. It wasn’t her event and not her concern. Makes me wonder if Kyle was still pissed at Dorit for saying she saved Kyle’s fashion show. 

Did Kyle know that at the time of filming? Seems that didn't come out until after filming when Kyle saw the episode. 

It feels to me like this whole Kyle/Dorit fight is producer driven. LVP is gone, they need to stir new shit somehow so let Kyle be the big bad bitch. I'm sure she's happy to fill that role. She's an actress, she's playing a role. It's obvious. 

Garcelle is boring and not a good fit for this show. One and done season for her. 

I want to see a gang up on Rinna. She's out of control. Her daughters are void of any personality. You can't compete with a loud mouth phony mother like Rinna. 

7 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

No matter her rationale, there was no reason for these guests not to comply with her perfectly reasonable wishes-

Especially since Denise asked them more than once to shut it and they kept on and on and on as if she wasn't even there. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Especially since Denise asked them more than once to shut it and they kept on and on and on as if she wasn't even there. 

Yeah! And she didn't tell them to shut up forever, just until the kids wandered off.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Like someone up thread said, he wants nothing to do with this crap.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Rhetorica said:

I just can't stand Kyle anymore. She's so entitled and assumes her position in the group is at the top...

This. Didn't take long to find her new target. I hate Dorit too, but Kyle supposedly is her friend. Yet, she is annoyed to realize that Dorit is a self absorbed twit. Because she never noticed before? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 5/7/2020 at 4:25 AM, Caseysgirl said:

And an hour of meditation seems like a long time.

Meaningful meditation. As opposed to F-it-meditation, I guess.

(Or was it mindful meditation? Either way, I don’t think most people need an adjective to understand the reason for the meditation session.)

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Yeah! And she didn't tell them to shut up forever, just until the kids wandered off.

They should not have needed to be told. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, link417 said:

Denise should have really put her foot down regarding the vulgar talk if it bothered her that much. Not just saying “I wish they’d wait until the kids are done” or “I need to get the kids out of here” and then proceed to do nothing.

I liked seeing Garcelle’s parenting — that’s the kind of parents I grew up with! “Oh, you want Gucci? Then you need to start making Gucci money.” LOVED when she said it would be obnoxious for her kids to have Gucci anything at this age.

Kyle...WTF? She is so annoying — starting shit with Dorit over literally nothing, then crying and running home when she’s called on her BS. I’m glad Rinna called her out.

Denise should have placed the kids' table farther from the adults. I know way too much about her sex life for her to suddenly be all pious. She knows how these women are and the first thing she said when asked how the first year has been was that What's his name's dick is still big. I think she's very trashy.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, politichick said:

Denise should have placed the kids' table farther from the adults. I know way too much about her sex life for her to suddenly be all pious. She knows how these women are and the first thing she said when asked how the first year has been was that What's his name's dick is still big. I think she's very trashy.

I also just don't see the point in having the kids' friends over for this particular gathering when Denise knows fights break out during filming. It's not like those people couldn't have come over for dinner on a non-filming day. As a guest in someone's house as a teen, I would be equally disturbed by a 50-year old woman breaking into tears (love Kyle, but this wasn't it lol) and telling people to eff off as with the sex talk. This may not be RHONJ or RHOA, but conversations go south very quickly and very frequently on this show too. Clearly the kids' parents signed the waivers for them to be seen. 

• Love 5

I think Dorit's kids are adorable (but please no scenes with just them and her because boring) and I felt for Jagger when he was crying about her having to leave because I think most kids do that. However, her talking heads about how hard is to be away from them are annoying. Don't do this type of show if you don't want to have to go to the events. Plain and simple. 

• Love 15
(edited)
3 hours ago, link417 said:

I like Garcelle's parenting style so far too. 

Yeah she picked on someone over and over and over. The others didn't see her side so she ran off crying like a little girl? She wasn't the victim.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7

Cry Kyle, cry!  Her beef with Dorit was so petty and she definitely overestimated her standing with the other women. Rinna is no one's friend. 

It might be the quarantine but I'm actually enjoying watching these women vy for queen, snipe at each other, and try to decide who is the weakest link.  

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, Legalbeagle421 said:

I think Dorit's kids are adorable (but please no scenes with just them and her because boring) and I felt for Jagger when he was crying about her having to leave because I think most kids do that. However, her talking heads about how hard is to be away from them are annoying. Don't do this type of show if you don't want to have to go to the events. Plain and simple. 

Not to mention, when Dorito first joined the show she bragged about the fact that she had three nannies. I don't know how many she has now, but obviously when she goes out, her kids are not being watched by the teenage daughter of a neighbour. I remember for a least the first couple of years on the show, Dorito did not seem all that natural around the kids - like they were props to be handed back to the nanny when the cameras left. My guess is the kids have spent more time with the nannies than Dorito. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, chlban said:

This. Didn't take long to find her new target. I hate Dorit too, but Kyle supposedly is her friend. Yet, she is annoyed to realize that Dorit is a self absorbed twit. Because she never noticed before? 

And maybe she is tired of Dorit being fucking late ALL of the time.

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

It feels to me like this whole Kyle/Dorit fight is producer driven. LVP is gone, they need to stir new shit somehow so let Kyle be the big bad bitch. I'm sure she's happy to fill that role. She's an actress, she's playing a role. It's obvious. 

I came in here to say this very thing!  Kyle had her panties in a twist at Teddi's retreat and then carried on like that at Denise's dinner.  It was over the top, especially to get so riled up at Denise (for essentially trying to calm her down) and calling her a ragamuffin.  I'm sure she was told to stir up drama.  Mission accomplished!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I don't think she was ridiculous. Maybe she curses in front of her kids but doesn't talk about actual sex acts? Maybe she decided at some point to make an effort not to talk about that kind of thing (whether ever or anymore) in front of the kids? Maybe because other people's kids were there too, she was hoping to curtail it?

No matter her rationale, there was no reason for these guests not to comply with her perfectly reasonable wishes--regardless of her own previous language/actions, her ex-husband's escapades, or accessibility of this TV show to kids. Especially considering that, not too long ago, they were pearl-clutching over stuff she said outside of the presence of kids.

Also, the part of the conversation about lesbian tendencies because of sharing a bed is really dumb, and I don't believe that any of them even really think that. Who hasn't nonsexually shared a bed with a friend at some point? I've done it a million times with guys and/or girls (the real question is who has managed to do so without making or hearing dumb, obvious jokes during it, hahaha!).

I agree with this.  I was super uncomfortable at how everyone just ignored Denise when she tried to remind them about the children nearby.  She made several attempts.  Come on, people!

• Love 10

I think being an actor, he feels like he’s lowering himself by going on this show on a semi regular basis.  

Plus, unlike the husbands who do appear much on the show, he doesn't seem to feel the need to promote himself and/or has a product/business to promote.

• Love 4
(edited)
42 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I came in here to say this very thing!  Kyle had her panties in a twist at Teddi's retreat and then carried on like that at Denise's dinner.  It was over the top, especially to get so riled up at Denise (for essentially trying to calm her down) and calling her a ragamuffin.  I'm sure she was told to stir up drama.  Mission accomplished!

I think that is the problem with this franchise, certainly more than the other two I watch (NY and OC). Kyle, Denise, Rinna, Garcelle, Erika are all actresses. As was LVP many years ago. I think Teddi had wanted to be an actress, not sure about Dorito. It is so obvious, especially the last few years, that they are all playing parts and ramping up the drama. The show should be called The Sometime Actresses of BH. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13