Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: King Of Wishful Thinking

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Dobian said:

So the burning question of the week: how much did TLC pay Lana to show up?

I wonder if TL. Paid the dating agency, and also pointed out that one of these days, David will stop the gravy train.    

And just because she showed up in person and will likely, IMO, accept a proposal, no way does she go to Las Vegas, especially when her dating site bosses test the ring and find out it is CZ.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

Have Stephanie and Erika have more than just a couple of quick kisses?  They are not very touchy feeling...…….or at least Stephanie isn't.  I think Erika would be.

And WTF?  Stephanie cannot tell her mother who has taken care of her all her life, because her mom may disown her???  Based on Stephanie glowing opinion of her mother, she wouldn't be that type of mom to accept her daughter for who she is.  But I don't believe Stephanie is Gay or Bi or even sexual at all.  She is a cold piece of work.

And her meltdown when Erika told her of a past gf that hid her relationship with Erika, shows how self centered Stephanie really is.  Run Erika she is not worth it.

• Love 19
9 hours ago, Meowwww said:

So true.  The conundrum that is Geoffrey astounds me.  He made a huge scene with her friends. And now he’s pouting that she didn’t accept his proposal. What, did he think he was saving her from her life in Russia and can’t fathom her saying no?   Asshole.  

Same with Ed.  These guys are so confident that a green card can buy any woman, no matter how poorly they behave.  

Varyas instinct was right and I liked that she couldn't be talked into changing her mind. 

I really hope she avoids him.  He would use this "betrayal" and his "hurt feelings" to justify every bit of horrible future behavior.  

She can see now how Geoffrey, a man who is nearly 40, handles disappointment and a bump in the road.  All of life has disappointments, if he handles them like this, he would be impossible to live with. 

• Love 16
43 minutes ago, toodles said:

David never fails to crack me up.  Walking around in his groovy "Shaft.  John Shaft" coat looking for some random chick who will iron his shirts is some funny shit.  

Lana is busy with hockey games and fictional deceased family members.  She won't have time to iron his shirts. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Because they focused on just a few couples, there was actually a lot deeper look into their (non)relationships.

Geoffrey and Varya:  She didn't want to give a firm answer right now, so he got scary aggressive looking and made her ride with him to the airport while he made verbal potshots at her.  He was done begging her and gaslighting her and just kept repeating "I gotta go" when he thought it was useless to keep trying to get her to change her mind.  But then - when SHE wavered - his attitude was "Nope.  I'm leaving now.  You hurt my feelings, so I'm gonna run away to make you feel bad."  IMO, the alternative behavior was he would have stayed, gotten rid of the camera crew, taken her to a hotel, and beaten the living daylights out of her.  And made it her fault.  She's lucky.

David and Lana:  Maybe the private investigator was being paid by TLC, so his real reports went to them and then the PI told David what TLC said to tell him.  Maybe the PI did find Lana (which is why he knew she was a scammer, which appears to be quite the cottage industry in Ukraine).  Maybe it took a few weeks for TLC and Lana's agent to haggle a price for her actual appearance.  Maybe they agreed on a price, at which point she agreed to meet David if he came back to Ukraine to meet on the agreed-upon Friday.  Maybe on Thursday, Lana and her agent balked and wanted more money.  Maybe TLC figured the "Lana stood him up" scenario had been done too many times, so they haggled a new price.  Maybe we all spend too much time wondering about this.  But - for sure - she is NEVER coming to the US to be with David.

Or.....TLC contacted her modelling agency and paid her for the meet through them.  

The chance to make a few bucks and be on American TV was probably better than modelling at a yacht show. 

David wants her to be "Lana" so I don't think he is going to ask very specific questions about their "conversations"

Bonus for whatever "chat site" David is on is that a bunch of other delusional losers will see this and think that, they too, are really talking to a Lana for $4.99 a minute.  This one easy opportunity could be great for this business.  Whenever a family member says "but that's a scam" they can point to David meeting Lana for like a few hours. 

• Love 13

Lana may play nice while David is around but if he thinks their conversations will continue on anything other than that site he is nuts...she is making way too much money keeping him on line.

Also, her hair is fried and she is not that pretty, I hate saying that but...David has such a fantasy life going on he probably did not notice that her photo's are filtered.

I wish I had the money that David has pissed away on chats and airline tickets. 

• Love 24
On 5/7/2020 at 9:57 AM, Kyanight said:

And he was definitely going to just leave Avery sitting there on that rock wall until the producer ran up and said "What are you doing??"   You could see him turn and look at Avery and the wheels were turning in his head and he realized that he was being filmed for National TV and he wasn't going to look so darned sensitive and understanding to the viewers if he sprayed gravel in her face from his retreating tires.   If the camera crew had NOT been there (and this wasn't staged for drama or something) Avery would have been left somewhere in a foreign country with no way to get back to the B&B or hotel or wherever it was they were staying at that time.   Was she supposed to hike back?  Thumb a ride? Ash has issues way worse than Avery's, in my opinion.

I haven't read all the comments yet. But isn't this what Erika tried to do as well when Stephanie broke up with her? Erika told Stephanie she was leaving the AirBNB and going back back to her parents'. Then Stephanie said she would try to figure a way to the airport. And Erika shrugged. I was very surprised by that, too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Lana is busy with hockey games and fictional deceased family members.  She won't have time to iron his shirts. 

Maybe "iron his shirts" is a euphemism for sex, lol.

Does David have any idea how blunt Ukrainian women can be, they are very matter of fact and she won't mince words, she does not have to play nice, she has David where she wants him. Wait till she starts telling him she only flies first class, expects designer clothes, expensive dinners...we all know this is not love for her, this is transactional, da?

Sergei eats men like David for breakfast, he gives no fucks.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

I haven't read all the comments yet. But isn't this what Erika tried to do as well when Stephanie broke up with her? Erika told Stephanie she was leaving the AirBNB and going back back to her parents'. Then Stephanie said she would try to figure a way to the airport. And Erika shrugged. I was very surprised by that, too.

I’m pretty sure the film crew would have given her a lift to the airport.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, BallisticNikki said:

Stephanie said she would find another way to whatever city the airport was in (Adelaide?). What was Erika supposed to do, say that she'll come back and give Stephanie a ride after getting all weird and screamy and pottery throwing? Stephanie's a big girl, she offered before Erika said anything. That's completely different from just ditching someone and taking off without a word, which is what it seemed like Ash was doing. And even in that case, as rude as it would be, Avery is also a big girl and I'm pretty sure she could have navigated the Uber app or called a taxi. It's not like either of them are being abandoned on the side of a mountain hundreds of miles from civilization.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Lana looked like a hard 27 and really looked like she was at least in her mid to late thirties. Maybe it's the blonde hair or a lot of makeup.

I thought to myself that she looked about 40.  You're probably right with mid to late thirties.  No way she was in her twenties.  She is very hard-looking.  On another note,  David's leather coat.  I was trying to figure out what decade that was from and figured 70's.  Or maybe 1870's as it looked like something a cowboy might've worn back then. lol

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Geoffrey and Varya:  She didn't want to give a firm answer right now, so he got scary aggressive looking and made her ride with him to the airport while he made verbal potshots at her.  He was done begging her and gaslighting her and just kept repeating "I gotta go" when he thought it was useless to keep trying to get her to change her mind.  But then - when SHE wavered - his attitude was "Nope.  I'm leaving now.  You hurt my feelings, so I'm gonna run away to make you feel bad."  IMO, the alternative behavior was he would have stayed, gotten rid of the camera crew, taken her to a hotel, and beaten the living daylights out of her.  And made it her fault.  She's lucky.

That whole scene had "Look what you made me do" all over it.  Geoffrey, you have known each other ten days, you have a criminal past (plus more icky stuff) that you did not disclose plus those awful nipple tattoos.  She said she was not ready and you sulked like a four year old who had his toy truck taken away.  Then took potshots at her in the van.  That is you reaction to rejection?  Yikes.

Ed - so you treat her like the poor relation and are stunned SHE pumped the brakes AND called you out?  Loving it that these men are learning, why yes, we ladies have standards.

Ash is still the most troubling (and that is saying A LOT and yes, it is debatable.)  But his reaction to Avery was stunning.  Calling her heartless, cold, etc - then he gets pissed when she wants her own room because now he can't brainwash her with awesome sex.  Hey Ash - allow me to let you in on a little secret:  When you verbally berate and diminish a woman, they ain't exactly in the mood for the boom boom.

• Love 22
On 5/7/2020 at 12:56 PM, Kareem said:

Anyone think the pouting Ash stayed with the ex- while she was at the hotel?  

Yeah, that was odd. I assumed they'd stay at the same hotel that night but in different room and drive to Sian's house together the next day. But why did it look like Avery took an Uber alone to Sian's house and Ash had already been there for a while.? Why didn't he drive her? Where did he drop her off and where did he stay?

It seems like Sian is 110% over Ash. But then again, something kept her from finalizing the divorce...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Ash/Avery:  Well well well......Ash was divorced for 10 years, only one year.....same time as his "dating" with Avery began.  I thought Sian and Avery's conversation went well and Sian gently pointed out that no, Taj is not moving to America.  Ash can come back a few times a year to visit HIM.  But Sian:  Don't worry about that.   Avery is dumping his gaslighting, lying ass in a day or two

Ash's plan the entire time was to have a fling with a cute American woman. He pretended that he wanted a relationship with her but like Jesse said, "Its all illusion." Avery flew 12000 miles for this guy, took time off work, technically, its not wrong, but I dont think a single mother of a toddler should spend her valuable resources (time, vacation days) on an intl trip to try to make another "relationship" with a guy who clearly, obviously, will never move to the US. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Very similar.  But Stephanie was at the AirBNB, not on the side of some road in the dark.  Stephanie is quite capable of calling for a taxi or a shuttle.  I suppose Avery could have done the same, if she could have figured out who to call (find a number) and find cross streets to tell them where to pick her up.  But it seems more dangerous at night in the dark on your own, than safely inside of wherever you are staying.   Hopefully this was just drama for TV, because for both couples it was really rude and inconsiderate.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Stephanie said she would find another way to whatever city the airport was in (Adelaide?). What was Erika supposed to do, say that she'll come back and give Stephanie a ride after getting all weird and screamy and pottery throwing? Stephanie's a big girl, she offered before Erika said anything. That's completely different from just ditching someone and taking off without a word, which is what it seemed like Ash was doing. And even in that case, as rude as it would be, Avery is also a big girl and I'm pretty sure she could have navigated the Uber app or called a taxi. It's not like either of them are being abandoned on the side of a mountain hundreds of miles from civilization.

Offer to come back or ask Dad or a friend to drive her. Or arrange for a paid ride. Stepanka is nuts but is still her guest.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Ash's plan the entire time was to have a fling with a cute American woman. He pretended that he wanted a relationship with her but like Jesse said, "Its all illusion."

I think you are onto something.  

5 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I'd like to give a shout out to the real winners of the show -- Taj's dog, the hotel clerk, the translator, and the PI. The PI couldn't give any more fucks about David's situation if he tried. The hotel clerk is like "oh, here comes another one!" Also shout outs to past folks like Ash's florist and the restaurant person in Kiev. These side players really are the best and I love when the producers break the wall and talk to them. 

I think Taj deserves a mention - what a cutie!  While I was watching that scene in the wine bar, all I could think was:  "Avery, please....do NOT come between a mom and her son.  You will lose."  I am glad she dialed back the moving Taj to America talk.  Cause he ain't leaving Australia for good, unless he is 18 and moves on his own.

LOVED SERGEI.  Like a lot.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Very similar.  But Stephanie was at the AirBNB, not on the side of some road in the dark.  Stephanie is quite capable of calling for a taxi or a shuttle.  I suppose Avery could have done the same, if she could have figured out who to call (find a number) and find cross streets to tell them where to pick her up.  But it seems more dangerous at night in the dark on your own, than safely inside of wherever you are staying.   Hopefully this was just drama for TV, because for both couples it was really rude and inconsiderate.

Uber is Uber, I use it in Paris and I don't speak much French so I am sure Stephanie could have managed an Uber to the airport.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kareem said:

THIS. Highlight of the season to me because he’s so disgusting. He still has no clue how each thing out of his mouth was more vile than the last and yet he believes she needs to calm down. If she were any more calm during her explanation, they would’ve had to check her for a pulse. He’s sickening and repulsive. And now all of 90 Day World knows he’s a loser. Can’t score in the US and can’t impress a poor girl abroad. Love that she suggested he change his behavior for the next girl. Beady eyed freak.  

She has more patience than me, I would've told him off after the toothpaste incident. He's so repulsive, no wonder he's been single for 28 years. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I think Taj deserves a mention - what a cutie! 

I agree Mrs. Hanson! Taj was super cute! Only thing is I hate seeing these kids dragged into this shitshow. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

I thought to myself that she looked about 40.  You're probably right with mid to late thirties.  No way she was in her twenties.  She is very hard-looking.  On another note,  David's leather coat.  I was trying to figure out what decade that was from and figured 70's.  Or maybe 1870's as it looked like something a cowboy might've worn back then. lol

I think Slash wore a coat like that in the November Rain video.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, hookedontv said:
6 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Why should Erika have to shuffle Sad Sack Stephanie and Her Illness around?

^^^ Dead. 

Let's be real, it's the first ever throuple on 90 Day Fiancé: Erika, Stephanie, and Stephanie's Illness. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, BallisticNikki said:

Offer to come back or ask Dad or a friend to drive her. Or arrange for a paid ride. Stepanka is nuts but is still her guest.

Stephanie would have used any time with Erika or associated family members to make drama so she could be the center of attention.  Erikas parents live like hours away, right?  Why would they drive an hour to take princess perpetual victim Stephanie to the airport? 

She is nearly 30 years old and the number of things that she cannot manage makes me think she will live with her mom right up until the day they push her off to a husband.  She cannot manage medication by herself and she can't manage airport transportation by herself. 

She is in a hotel, in a country where everyone speaks English.  At nearly 30 she is useless and helpless.  

Ash was going to leave Avery at that dock, no doubt in my mind, but she hadn't just thrown a plate after her s/o expressed a secret fear to her that was so painful she hadn't brought it up before and Stephanie proceeded to make it all about how wronged she had been. 

So, not only are those apples and oranges, but if ash had left her there I would expect Avery, an adult woman, to figure out a way back to the hotel and then to the airport.  I wouldn't have said that ash had to send his brother.  

• Love 5
On 5/9/2020 at 9:25 AM, DEL901 said:

Wondering exactly how much time Ash spends with his son.   The ex lives 3 hours away and clearly has primary physical custody. Why would it even be on the table for Ash to take the boy to the US?

Yep. But I wonder why Sian was not shown telling Avery, emphatically, "Taj will not be moving to the US. I DK why Ash implied that might happen bc there is simply no way on earth. So make your decision on the basis that Ash will be leaving his son and moving halfway around the world without him or any means to see him regularly."

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think Slash wore a coat like that in the November Rain video.

There is a hilarious bit on its always sunny in Philadelphia about the duster. 

Just now, BallisticNikki said:

Yep. But I wonder why Sian was not shown telling Avery, emphatically, "Taj will not be moving to the US. I DK why Ash implied that might happen bc there is simply no way on earth. So make your decision on the basis that Ash will be leaving his son and moving halfway around the world without him or any means to see him regularly."

I think it's because Sian doesn't want to upset ash and because she seems to still have feelings so she tiptoes around the truth for now and hopes it's enough to send Avery packing without upsetting ash. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

So yes I think it's 'Lana'. At least to David she's Lana!  Not sure if Russian actresses use their real name!

She could barely play the role she was given to play and glanced directly into the camera during the hug!

Gawd this used to be a kind of fun show but no mo now that it's all mostly written with wanna be actors barely able to play and read their lines!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Or.....TLC contacted her modelling agency and paid her for the meet through them.  

The chance to make a few bucks and be on American TV was probably better than modelling at a yacht show. 

David wants her to be "Lana" so I don't think he is going to ask very specific questions about their "conversations"

Bonus for whatever "chat site" David is on is that a bunch of other delusional losers will see this and think that, they too, are really talking to a Lana for $4.99 a minute.  This one easy opportunity could be great for this business.  Whenever a family member says "but that's a scam" they can point to David meeting Lana for like a few hours. 

Yeah the person on the other end can be anyone or even a bot.  The company contracts models for the pics.  David told "Lana" he was coming back to Ukraine, TLC got wind of this and notified "Lana" on the chat site with a cash offer, "Lana" notified the company, the company contacted the model playing "Lana" and voila.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
15 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Stephanie would have used any time with Erika or associated family members to make drama so she could be the center of attention.  Erikas parents live like hours away, right?  Why would they drive an hour to take princess perpetual victim Stephanie to the airport? 

She is nearly 30 years old and the number of things that she cannot manage makes me think she will live with her mom right up until the day they push her off to a husband.  She cannot manage medication by herself and she can't manage airport transportation by herself. 

She is in a hotel, in a country where everyone speaks English.  At nearly 30 she is useless and helpless.  

Ash was going to leave Avery at that dock, no doubt in my mind, but she hadn't just thrown a plate after her s/o expressed a secret fear to her that was so painful she hadn't brought it up before and Stephanie proceeded to make it all about how wronged she had been. 

So, not only are those apples and oranges, but if ash had left her there I would expect Avery, an adult woman, to figure out a way back to the hotel and then to the airport.  I wouldn't have said that ash had to send his brother.  

To me it's not about her being able to figure out a ride. It's just good will. No promises they will say goodbye still as a couple. 

14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

There is a hilarious bit on its always sunny in Philadelphia about the duster. 

I think it's because Sian doesn't want to upset ash and because she seems to still have feelings so she tiptoes around the truth for now and hopes it's enough to send Avery packing without upsetting ash. 

You think she still has feelings for him? I wonder why she moved two hours away? (Well, I guess he could have moved two hours away...)

Edited by BallisticNikki

I thought it was funny how everyone David met in Ukraine had had experience dealing with Americans looking for their “girlfriends”.

• Useful 3
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, toodles said:

David never fails to crack me up.  Walking around in his groovy "Shaft.  John Shaft" coat . . . 

In a pair of shoes that look like they were on the old man reject discount shelf at Goodwill.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
(edited)

Stephanie/Erika:  This week just proved my theory:  Erika came out to her family a long, long time ago.  

I think Stephanie's look of horror when Erika confessed the 10 year relationship in which she was the "secret' was Stephanies realization that the idiot just blew that coming out to her parents storyline. I mean, you can only be upset at being the secret if you aren't also hiding the secret.

But hey, this gave Stephanie the chance to end it, like she's been waiting to do the first time she saw Erika.

Geoffrey/Varya:   Did they share the same Nice n' Easy bottle of dye this trip?  Both of them look like their hair doesn't get dyed by a hairdresser.  Good decision, Varya on the marriage thing. 

Avery/Ash:  The rest of this is just perfunctory for Avery waiting for the contract to be over.  I think she absolutely HATES Ash.  HATES him.   How did someone who seems so rational, like Sian, end up marrying Ash? Also, Avery is pretty but she needs to stop with the eyeliner on her lower lids.

Rose/Ed:  Good for her.  But a true punishment for Ed would be to live the rest of his life having to hear her God awful monotone voice.

Dave/Ukrainian:   I didn't believe this storyline from the beginning.  Didn't believe he spent the kind of money he did w/o ever meeting.  I believe it's more likely their relationship just started and they either scammed to get on the show or TLC lied about the story.

Edited by sasha206
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Temperance said:

Varya and Geoffrey: Run, Varya, run! Varya is one of the most reasonable, rational people in the world. I hope these two are over. 

I would love to see Varya again in another season with a person better than Geoffrey.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Wondering how many other “Davids” yanked their BarcaLoungers into the upright position when “Lana” graced their teevee screens....

Kudos to TLC and David for stringing us along this pitiful season....

NO one thunk early on  that “Lana” was an actual person who would be paraded out for us to ooh and ahh over....

Get “Lana” on the RV....ratings gold!

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Rose/Ed:  Good for her.  But a true punishment for Ed would be to live the rest of his life would be having to hear her God awful monotone voice.

someone here referred to it as primitive artificial intelligence voice! 😆

• LOL 8

Wonder how Geoffrey would have treated Varya if there was no camera crew and field producers accompanying them....he gives off a vibe of wanting everything done his way...his control...his ideal gf, wife, mate.

He doesn’t want Varya to come to the US on his dime and then seek her career aspirations if it isn’t in Knoxville.

Varya  is one of the more likable cast members of 90D and hope her TLC connections can get her a professional boost.

• Love 16
13 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Probably. 

I also think that Avery, does.NOT need to put herself into another "relationship" at this time. Relationships are not something you can add on your job resume. She should probably focus on her kids, her job, her hobbies, saving money, for the time being. Romantic relationships are expensive, time consuming, and sometimes culminate in an unexpected pregnancy, when youve already got young kids to care for.  Whats the rush ? 

It's totally legitimate and understandable for a single mom to want a relationship. The right man could help to ease a lot of the burden. (But pursuing something internationally seems more problematic and expensive.)

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Have Stephanie and Erika have more than just a couple of quick kisses?  They are not very touchy feeling...…….or at least Stephanie isn't.  I think Erika would be.

That was their first argument.

2 hours ago, gaPeach said:

And WTF?  Stephanie cannot tell her mother who has taken care of her all her life, because her mom may disown her???  Based on Stephanie glowing opinion of her mother, she wouldn't be that type of mom to accept her daughter for who she is. 

Yeah, ppl kill me with that bullshit. They rave about how close a relationship they have with someone but are terrified to show that person who they really are. Great relationship🙄

• Love 4