Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Powerless

jewel21
  • Start Topic

As a second-career doctor, I would love for them to continue the storyline with Hen, although I don't know how they could do that and keep her on the show.

• Love 1
On 5/5/2020 at 9:07 AM, luna1122 said:

The whole episode fell kind of flat for me. The urgency and desperation that should have been present and palpable when Bobby and Co. were racing to save Athena just wasn't there. The truck didn't even seem to be going terribly fast! And I love Peter Krause, but his micro expression-face just didn't work in this scene, he didn't appear distraught or anguished. I don't know. Maybe it's me.

I'm not a particular fan of Krause, but I thought he showed a lot of tension and fear. Mileage varies.

On 5/5/2020 at 4:10 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Was I the only person who thought that the detective would turn out to be the "bad guy"? Glad they didn't go there. Yet.

Sasha Ruiz does tend to play shady guys - I had to fight the inclination to believe he was a bad guy. I love Sasha no matter what. Grimm and Caprica - loved him in both of those.

On 5/5/2020 at 5:55 PM, Buckbabe911 said:

Why did we get absolutely no explanation of why the lady was mad about the trees? And if your dog was an "important show dog" like she said it was, would you really leave it on the side of the road alone?! And also why were the keys still in the truck?!

Since I live in a town where the city sends crews in to "trim" the trees, I totally get it. What happens is when trees grow too tall and are getting close to power lines, so typically the crews will pretty literally give the trees a crew cut. So you'll have a tree with widely spread branches like that one - with a flat top. It's pretty hideous. It helps to get an arborist who can trim the tree all around to retain it's beautiful shape - but that's big bucks that the city won't pay for.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:27 PM, DearEvette said:

Right?  I saw him and I was all, well hello Capt. Renard.  Nice to see your fine self again.  LOL.

Oh yeah.

• Like 1

I'm binging this show now on Hulu. That fight scene was brutal. I know this is petty, but it bugged me that  Athena's hair still looks perfect as she was being rolled away. I know it's a wig, but they should have messed it up to add some realism.