Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/4/2020

• Start Topic

(edited)

Whoopi seemed excessively jovial in today’s first segment. While bringing up the topic of self-isolation and the new normal she had a big grin on her face and even chortled a bit. Did she imbibe a bit of the “joy juice” between shows yesterday? Thousands have died from this pandemic and thousands more will die. I’m not saying she needs to be overly somber all the time but still. Show a little respect when you’re touching even tangentially on this particular subject. It pissed me off.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

She has said virtually nothing about the baby. The only time she talks about being pregnant is when it can be about her. She talks about having to go to her doctor's appointments alone. Now she is talking about losing or not losing weight after she gives birth.  Most pregnant women love to talk about the baby. If they know the sex they like to talk about baby names. They like to talk about the nursery. But she is the most unpleasant expectant mother I have ever seen.

Megan is playing a role and it is expected of her to have children as a good conservative.  Megan seems like she would enjoy being an aunt  more than being a mother.. There is nothing wrong with not wanting children.  Women in this country can make that choice...

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

What I find ironic is that they have these businesses trying to survive with 'View Your Deal' at 50% off. I've been reading on business websites that retailers are already marking their stock down to 70-80% off to get rid of the inventory no one is buying. ( I can attest to that from the number of emails I get each day advertising 75% off on average - just to clear their stockrooms).

If these small businesses going on VYD these days want to survive  in this horrible economy, they're going to have to bite the bullet and mark their stuff down more. A candle made out of melted crayons will sell quicker at 75% off than 50% off these days. 

• Love 3
On 5/8/2020 at 9:17 PM, Pearson80 said:

Megan is playing a role and it is expected of her to have children as a good conservative.  Megan seems like she would enjoy being an aunt  more than being a mother.. There is nothing wrong with not wanting children.  Women in this country can make that choice...

Well put.  Thats the option both me and my sister took.  Never had a misgiving or second thought.  We both just knew it wasnt for us. I knew at 18 but they wouldnt sterilize me then. No offense to anyone.  HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!  Does conservatism follow the same kind of rules as Catholicism?  Meaning no birth control and whatever happens, happens.  I was just curious.  I have a feeling shes just going to be a coldish matriarch.  Not much warmth.  Thats kind of what i had growing up.  My Mom was just too busy with a lot on her plate.  Dont get me wrong, i know now that she loved me and probably wasnt easy to show.  I love her with all my heart, but she keeps it all inside.  Ok Sunday therapy at the Tammee's lol.

• Love 5
On 5/8/2020 at 8:06 PM, TimWil said:

Whoopi seemed excessively jovial in today’s first segment. While bringing up the topic of self-isolation and the new normal she had a big grin on her face and even chortled a bit. Did she imbibe a bit of the “joy juice” between shows yesterday? Thousands have died from this pandemic and thousands more will die. I’m not saying she needs to be overly somber all the time but still. Show a little respect when you’re touching even tangentially on this particular subject. It pissed me off.

Yes i understand you have a kind of feeling, but to play devils Advocate for a second.  She might have been having a moment of levity, of the Friday Glee.  I am prone myself of being just so damned happy that it is Friday, and having that perpetual smile all day long.  I dont think for a minute that Whoopi is being disrespectful.  Theres only so far sadness and oppression can go. And then you break.  Maybe she was losing it literally.  Who knows. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Tammee said:

Yes i understand you have a kind of feeling, but to play devils Advocate for a second.  She might have been having a moment of levity, of the Friday Glee.  I am prone myself of being just so damned happy that it is Friday, and having that perpetual smile all day long.  I dont think for a minute that Whoopi is being disrespectful.  Theres only so far sadness and oppression can go. And then you break.  Maybe she was losing it literally.  Who knows. 

I get your point but still think it was disrespectful because the topic she was talking about at the time was ABOUT the pandemic. If it wasn’t then I might feel differently.

• Love 3