Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/4/2020

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Sunny said she didn't know why a grand jury hasn't indicted the father and son.  Who knows why it didn't happen back in February, but the video of the killing was only released on Tuesday by attorneys for the victim, and right now, there are no grand juries being held in Georgia.

Meghan thinks "the media" doesn't like her because she's overweight?!!!  She wouldn't be any more well-liked, respected, etc., even if she was skinny.  What happened to her go-to excuse of not being liked because she's a conservative woman? 

And her biggest worry right now is not the pandemic, not politics, but how the media will treat her when she comes back on the show after her pregnancy and she hasn't lost the baby weight?!!!  Yes, she really is that shallow.  (I think she said the quiet part out loud.)   

Admittedly, thin women in the media do have those kind of comments made about them after a pregnancy, but since Meghan's not thin to begin with, I doubt people would have that expectation of her.

"Starting to feel like...", Whoopie?!

^^^^  x 1000  ^^^^

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Sunny said she didn't know why a grand jury hasn't indicted the father and son.  Who knows why it didn't happen back in February, but the video of the killing was only released on Tuesday by attorneys for the victim, and right now, there are no grand juries being held in Georgia.

The authorities had the video all along.  It was shot by a 3rd person who also chased the victim.   The prosecutor office only released the video because they knew it was about to be leaked to the press.  The authorities botched this and decided it was self defense during a citizen's arrest.  However, citizen's arrest requires that someone witnesses the crime for which they arrest the person.  Neither of the killers  witnessed this young man commit a crime.    

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Dammit, I had signed out and turned off my laptop then I heard Meghan say that the jogger was hunted down "like cattle". Cattle. Does she hunt cattle? Are those in the wild or does she just go to a field of cattle and shoot one?

This is in no way to make light of this situation but to point out that Meghan is vocabulary challenged. 

Those men who murdered the black jogger should have been fucking arrested that day. WTF? They should be in jail NOW. IDGAF about the pandemic or whether or not there are grand juries meeting. When someone murders someone in cold fucking blood aren't they generally arrested?

OMG, my eyes rolled back on their own ... "cattle"????

I don't understand why those two mf's aren't in jail right now.  It's disgusting!!!

• Love 21
32 minutes ago, lusinia said:

And her biggest worry right now is not the pandemic, not politics, but how the media will treat her when she comes back on the show after her pregnancy and she hasn't lost the baby weight?!!!  Yes, she really is that shallow.  (I think she said the quiet part out loud.)   

Forgive me for saying something that isn't politically correct. How will we know if she has lost all the weight she gained?

34 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan thinks "the media" doesn't like her because she's overweight?!!!  She wouldn't be any more well-liked, respected, etc., even if she was skinny.  What happened to her go-to excuse of not being liked because she's a conservative woman? 

She is always going to present herself as a victim in some shape or form.  And as much as I despise her Meghan is very pretty woman.  As far as I know no mainstream media outlets have commented on her weight.  Do people on Twitter comment? Probably but so what? Nobody is making you read all the negative comments about you Meghan.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
51 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Dammit, I had signed out and turned off my laptop then I heard Meghan say that the jogger was hunted down "like cattle". Cattle. Does she hunt cattle? Are those in the wild or does she just go to a field of cattle and shoot one?

I actually had the exact same thought.  Who hunts down cattle?    

Unfortunately, who you are and who you know too often does matter when it comes to being arrested and charged.  Hopefully the fact that the video is now public will make a difference.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 11
(edited)

Was Mags in an echo chamber? 

I'm sure that being a nubile bleached-out blonde who shills for the GOP was the deciding factor in Mizz McNinny getting that job. 

And I'm confused.....was Mags the body beautiful before? I don't seem to recall and if that wasn't PC either...sorry? I guess......

Edited by Sam Spayaid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

Who hunts down cattle?

Even if you did, you wouldn't need to chase them.  And MM has never heard of the term "citizen's arrest" and doesn't think it is real?  Try google, moron.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
(edited)
29 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Even if you did, you wouldn't need to chase them.  And MM has never heard of the term "citizen's arrest" and doesn't think it is real?  Try google, moron.

Meghan's so ignorant, and insists on proving it on tv every day.

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 15

Hmmm....I'm looking at an ad just above this thought bubble ⬆️.  Its an ad for masks but it gave me a brainstorm on a new source to make them from...bras!  Its perfect depending on which materials you have and you get 2-for-1!  Love it.  Patent Pending lol!  Hmmm more thought...i guess those would be on the more expensive side since bras are not cheap.  BUT if you have any old ones you can recycle those.

13 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Meghan's so ignorant, and insists on proving it on tv every day.

What?!  Shes never heard of a CA? Wtf?  I must have been in the bathroom or just not listening cz i missed that one totally.  That would have definitely been spit take worthy. Oh my.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Hmmm....I'm looking at an ad just above this thought bubble ⬆️.  Its an ad for masks but it gave me a brainstorm on a new source to make them from...bras!  Its perfect depending on which materials you have and you get 2-for-1!  Love it.  Patent Pending lol!  Hmmm more thought...i guess those would be on the more expensive side since bras are not cheap.  BUT if you have any old ones you can recycle those.

yeah, I had thought of that, but have none I am willing to donate to the cause.  you could also use an old pair of underpants

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

This is in no way to make light of this situation but to point out that Meghan is vocabulary challenged. 

Those men who murdered the black jogger should have been fucking arrested that day. WTF? They should be in jail NOW. IDGAF about the pandemic or whether or not there are grand juries meeting. When someone murders someone in cold fucking blood aren't they generally arrested?

Oh man I really must have been preoccupied cz i totally missed that one too!  Hunt cattle. Heh.  After that you can fish for some chicken and have a surf'n turf dinner.

That video makes my blood boil every time i see it. I want to spit nails.  This was in GA wasnt it?  Wow can you imagine if Ms Abrahms was in office? The shit would fly! Or Ms Lightfoot!  She rocks it too. That was nothing but a cold blooded murder.  Since there was more than one person and they were chasing him, i wonder if that could be considered a posse and a lynching?  They better make this right although it will never be right with his family again and I am so so sorry for them.  I hope they can find comfort somewhere.

10 minutes ago, cinsays said:

yeah, I had thought of that, but have none I am willing to donate to the cause.  you could also use an old pair of underpants

I saw that as well.  And a sock.  Gotta love the creativity!

46 minutes ago, deirdra said:

They must not ranch in AZ, or WY for that matter hehee

*oops*  wrong quote attributed to that one.  I was talking about the hunt of the cattle, not the citizens arrest.  Theres just a plethora to pick from lol.  I know, glass houses 💥💣

Edited by Tammee
Correction
  • LOL 6
  • Love 7
On 5/6/2020 at 12:39 PM, ThePurpleArcher said:

'Hollywood' has been streaming since May 1, it's gotten mostly negative reviews from the major publications, and viewers are disappointed as well (just read the various chat forums and viewers' reviews)

Actually, Rotten Tomatoes site shows that more than half (57%) of the critic reviews have been positive - so not rave reviews, but not mostly negative.    and on the same site, 80% of  "audience"  (anyone who wants to review it on the site)  rated it positive (average 4 on a scale of 1-5).   I liked it a lot, especially seeing some campy, over-the-top performances from actors like Rob Reiner.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

That nurse's interview was powerful - minus Meghan's "devil's advocate" interruption. (Why did she do that?) I did not realize the exponential level of care required for Covid patients until I heard her talk about her experience. I vote for more pieces on the brave frontline workers standing up to LARPing ammosexuals.

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 18
52 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

That nurse's interview was powerful - minus Meghan's "devil's advocate" interruption. (Why did she do that?) I did not realize the exponential level of care required for Covid patients until I heard her talk about her experience. I vote for more pieces on the brave frontline workers standing up to LARPing ammosexuals.

I agree. Everyone needs to hear the details of what having and treating this illness is like. Meghan should be ashamed of herself for asking that dumbass question. I have seen morons on FB actually complaining that the numbers aren't higher and using that to justify their assertion that it is a hoax. This woman is brave and was brave for going to that demonstration. I don't care how big the lenses are on Meghan's glasses, she always comes off looking like a mean moron.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, lusinia said:

It's because of racism. The DA said that the Arbery tried to grab the gun and thus the lynchers had the right to use deadly force to protect themselves.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, MeThinkMeNot said:

It's because of racism. The DA said that the Arbery tried to grab the gun and thus the lynchers had the right to use deadly force to protect themselves.

Seems to me he was trying to protect himself. 

• Love 24

I’m  Sorry what the Hell with MeeAgain’s glasses?! She looks like Tammy Faye with mascara running down her cheeks. She says she got them at Nordstroms and must have put a prescription in them yesterday.  I need an eye exam a mammogram and audiology appointment none of which in my case are essential.
So ignorant not knowing about citizens arrest she’s away of stand tier ground but nit CA? 
  I thought she has indicated  many times that she was happy in her body/ skin.  She’s happy with being a big girl.  Now she’s frightened about what her body will look like after giving birth? Geez she was afraid to step out of her apartment or eat in a restaurant for some time, so I don’t think she’s cut out for a public life. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I appreciated The View giving attention to the counter-protesters (the nurses in masks standing peacefully and silently). I hadn't even heard about that until seeing today's show, so it was nice to hear about. This show was also the first time I'd seen the new press secretary as well. I had read about the Ahmad Arbery story already though. So sad and horrifying.

Does anyone else think the opening segments have been inexplicably shortened since they started doing this show remotely? The show used to be on for the first 15-17 minutes before going to the first commercial break, and then all the segments after that were around 5 minutes long. Now it's like they're going to commercial already after 10 minutes... No wonder Whoopi doesn't get to give her opinion until they come back from commercial all the time now. And I really don't blame her for making sure she gives her two cents on the previous topic when they come back before moving on.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Who knows. Cows probably would be a big challenge for Hunter Time Messy, just going by how inept she is as a "pundint" and talkshow host even after three years of experience at this.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
33 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Does anyone else think the opening segments have been inexplicably shortened since they started doing this show remotely? The show used to be on for the first 15-17 minutes before going to the first commercial break, and then all the segments after that were around 5 minutes long. Now it's like they're going to commercial already after 10 minutes...

That's because Whoopi would waste 5-7 minutes with her Welcome to The View Welcome to The View Welcome to The View Welcome to The View Welcome to The View Welcome to The View Welcome to The View Welcome to The View Welcome to The View

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
(edited)

During the first segment Meghan gave the word “egregious” four syllables but when she repeated the word in the second segment she correctly gave it the correct three syllables. Do you think during the break her hubby said “Uhhh, honey, if you happen to use the word ‘egregious’ again it’s actually three syllables, not four”? I guess it would explain why she used the damn ten dollar word two segments in a row.

Edited by TimWil
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Tammee said:

That video makes my blood boil every time i see it. I want to spit nails.  This was in GA wasnt it?  Wow can you imagine if Ms Abrahms was in office? The shit would fly! Or Ms Lightfoot!  She rocks it too. That was nothing but a cold blooded murder.  Since there was more than one person and they were chasing him, i wonder if that could be considered a posse and a lynching?  They better make this right although it will never be right with his family again and I am so so sorry for them.  I hope they can find comfort somewhere.

The video brought me to tears. I can't imagine what his family is going through, absolutely heartbreaking. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I can't believe that when they were discussing Adele's weight loss, McCain said her biggest fear right now is returning to the show and having her weight criticized after she gives birth - whether she loses weigh fast enough. That's her biggest fear right now. 

Is she kidding ?  People are losing their lives, their livelihood, their loved ones to COVID 19 and her biggest fear 'right now' is what people will say about her weight six months from now????

How shallow is she ? I thought she was this tough-chick who has said millions of times she doesn't give a damn about what people think about her or say about her (in columns, social media, etc.) So much for that strong, independent woman she pretends to be. 

And hasn't she repeatedly said she doesn't care about what anyone says about her weight?  And bragged that she will eat and drink anything she wants, and everyone else can just FO?!

One would think her biggest fear would be the health of her family members, and her unborn baby.

• Love 19

A modern day lynching was what Sunny said to describe a young Black man being hunted like an animal and being killed.. I wonder what was going through his mind as he knew he was going to die.  It just brought tears to my eyes, it just never ends..

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

How shallow is she ? I thought she was this tough-chick who has said millions of times she doesn't give a damn about what people think about her or say about her (in columns, social media, etc.) So much for that strong, independent woman she pretends to be. 

13 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I thought she has indicated  many times that she was happy in her body/ skin.  She’s happy with being a big girl.  Now she’s frightened about what her body will look like after giving birth? Geez she was afraid to step out of her apartment or eat in a restaurant for some time, so I don’t think she’s cut out for a public life. 

10 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

And I forgot to say, as far as McCain's baby weight--PUHlease! Being overweight is the least of the world's issues with you. She is so absurd.

6 hours ago, bannana said:

And hasn't she repeatedly said she doesn't care about what anyone says about her weight?  And bragged that she will eat and drink anything she wants, and everyone else can just FO?!

Since her grief over father's death is now being overshadowed by the pandemic she has to change tactics.  So now her body armor (no pun intended) will be she is being fat shamed for not losing the pregnancy weight.  Meghan was a heavy woman before the pregnancy.  I don't think anyone, not even her worst critics, is going to attack her for not slimming down.

Meghan refuses to believe any criticism towards her is anything more than a partisan attack.  You could tell her her shoes don't match her dress and she would turn that into you hate me because I'm a conservative.

If she was honest with herself she would realize her worries about the media attacking her for her weight are actually her own worries about  her weight.

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan refuses to believe any criticism towards her is anything more than a partisan attack.  You could tell her her shoes don't match her dress and she would turn that into you hate me because I'm a conservative.

Exactly.

• Love 13

It is odd that meghan describes as her "biggest fear" being criticized for not losing pregnancy weight. She's pregnant during the worst pandemic the world has seen.  Maybe there are other things to be concerned about.

I have always hated the emphasis on how much weight a woman gains while pregnant,  and how quickly she loses it. As if a woman's worth is defined by her waistline. 

• Love 18
(edited)
7 hours ago, bannana said:

One would think her biggest fear would be the health of her family members, and her unborn baby.

So on point, bannana, x 10000. 

Again,  Me-again contradicts herself. 

She has no self awareness at all.  

Or much of a memory ether,  apparently.

Idiot.

Go away Megaphone.  

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 11

Meghan welcomes the criticism; it gives her the opportunity to play the victim. This concern about people commenting on her post baby weight is her ramping up her defenses in advance. She’s getting ready to neck roll and hit back about how she doesn’t care but why is everyone so mean to her?, instead of worrying about the health of her baby. (Not to mention all the covid issues.)

• Love 20
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

If she was honest with herself she would realize her worries about the media attacking her for her weight are actually her own worries about  her weight.

BINGO! That's exactly what I was thinking while watching the show. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Does anyone else think the opening segments have been inexplicably shortened since they started doing this show remotely? The show used to be on for the first 15-17 minutes before going to the first commercial break, and then all the segments after that were around 5 minutes long. Now it's like they're going to commercial already after 10 minutes..

This show has been "commercial overload" for a long time. I can only watch it recorded.

I think the "hot topics" are shorter because now it is really just Whoopi asking questions.

• Love 8

Usually the first six minutes is devoted to Whoopie screaming “Welcome to The View”, or, until she passes out.  Whatever comes first.

Nice sentiment, Jimmy Buffet, but, you sounded pretty bad.

That’s it from me for now.  I’m on my way to hunt me some cattle.

• LOL 12
(edited)
22 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I can't believe that when they were discussing Adele's weight loss, McCain said her biggest fear right now is returning to the show and having her weight criticized after she gives birth - whether she loses weigh fast enough. That's her biggest fear right now. 

Is she kidding ?  People are losing their lives, their livelihood, their loved ones to COVID 19 and her biggest fear 'right now' is what people will say about her weight six months from now????

I agree with your entire post - she has said in the past that she is a girl who enjoys her food and drink, and screw anyone who has critiques about her body shape. 

You would think that as an expectant mother, Meghan's "biggest fear" should be that, God forbid, something goes wrong with her pregnancy or her child's health.  I just could not believe that those words came out of the mouth of a happy pregnant woman.  This comment furthers proves to me that Meghan is not really crazy about being pregnant or being a Mom - she is just too self absorbed.  

Every fucking week, Meghan's "biggest fear" changes - a couple of weeks ago, her biggest fear was stepping outside her door in NYC.  A couple of months ago, it was that Trump would be re-elected (well - I'd have to agree with that one!).  Her biggest fear changes like others change their socks, and I for one, am sick of all her biggest fears. 

I can understand, from a TV personality perspective (and, yes, that is ALL she is - a TV personality), being somewhat concerned about outward appearance criticism, but if she's that concerned about it, get off of friggin' Twitter and Instagram because that is where you find your harshest critics - all those "followers" who love to bash people on social media behind the safety of their phone/laptop screens. 

Hate to tell you, Meghan - you're not that popular to warrant a story about your baby weight loss on Entertainment Tonight!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 17
47 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

You would think that as an expectant mother, Meghan's "biggest fear" should be that, God forbid, something goes wrong with her pregnancy or her child's health.  I just could not believe that those words came out of the mouth of a happy pregnant woman.  This comment furthers proves to me that Meghan is not really crazy about being pregnant or being a Mom - she is just too self absorbed.  

She has said virtually nothing about the baby. The only time she talks about being pregnant is when it can be about her. She talks about having to go to her doctor's appointments alone. Now she is talking about losing or not losing weight after she gives birth.  Most pregnant women love to talk about the baby. If they know the sex they like to talk about baby names. They like to talk about the nursery. But she is the most unpleasant expectant mother I have ever seen.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I agree with your entire post - she has said in the past that she is a girl who enjoys her food and drink, and screw anyone who has critiques her body shape. 

Every fucking week, Meghan's "biggest fear" changes - a couple of weeks ago, her biggest fear was stepping outside her door in NYC.  A couple of months ago, it was that Trump would be re-elected (well - I'd have to agree with that one!).  Her biggest fear changes like others change their socks, and I for one, am sick of all her biggest fears. 

I can understand, from a TV personality perspective (and, yes, that is ALL she is - a TV personality), being somewhat concerned about outward appearance criticism, but if she's that concerned about it, get off of friggin' Twitter and Instagram because that is where you find your harshest critics - all those "followers" who love to bash people on social media behind the safety of their phone/laptop screens. 

Hate to tell you, Meghan - you're not that popular to warrant a story about your baby weight loss on Entertainment Tonight!  

My wonder is, how she is dealing with not getting her drink on, and whether or not she's  going to breast feed.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Now they’re going to commercial only six minutes after they’ve come on. Jeez.

It is laden w/ commercials i agree.  In this case though i think it was because they wanted to get right to Sen Booker. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, lusinia said:

Good news - the killers of Ahmaud Arbery have been arrested, and both were charged with murder and aggravated assault.

I wonder about the town's ability to have a unbiased trial.  The father is a retired civil servant of some sort. I dont know if it was police dpt or what.  But I'm sure there's a lot of connections there.  Two of the DA's already recused themselves.

(edited)
On 5/7/2020 at 12:49 PM, blondiec0332 said:

Forgive me for saying something that isn't politically correct. How will we know if she has lost all the weight she gained?

How would we have known she was even pregnant, unless she told us?   And I too was rolling my eyes at her saying "the big bad press is going to come after me for not losing the baby weight, wah wah wah".    First off, Nutty, you are so far down the list of what's important in the news that you needn't lose sleep over that one.   And second, if you're so freaked out about it, then lose the baby weight.   It sounds to me that she's already of the mindset that the weight will be sticking around and she's defensive about it before it's even happened.   And yes, this all is politically incorrect, but she brought the subject up; I'm only replying to her own comments.

Edited by Ladyrain
  • Love 13