Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
falltime

"The View": Week of 5/4/2020

Recommended Posts

Monday, May 4 (ENCORE BROADCAST - OAD: 4/15/2020) – White House coronavirus response coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx; Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)

Tuesday, May 5 – Anthony Anderson (ABC’s “black-ish”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Wednesday, May 6 — “The View” celebrates Teacher Appreciation Week with special education teacher Michael Tricarico from Smithtown, NY.  

Thursday, May 7 — Sean Penn

Friday, May 8 — Dylan McDermott (“Hollywood”); “The View” celebrates Mother’s Day honoring moms working on the frontlines during the pandemic

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know, I wondered the same thing. I even checked my calendar when I made the post to see if there was a holiday I wasn't aware of.

Edited by falltime · Reason: fixed words
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, falltime said:

Thursday, May 7 — Sean Penn

That looks so funny.  No movie, show, book to push?  Just Sean Penn with nothing better to do than appear on The View?

Oh, thank goodness we'll get VYD on Tues since Mon is a repeat.  More hand cream and tote bags!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

Penn is very active in the COVID fight......visitited the Navajo Nation, has his own nonprofit for virus testing sites, etc.

  • Like 11
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if Friday is a 'live show' which is why Monday is a repeat ? That way they can stick to their four day work week. 

I'm surprised Dylan McDermott will be on this Friday - his show "Hollywood" began streaming last week on Netflix. He should have been on April 30 or May 1, when it dropped.

Now it's old news; why promote it ? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

This happened last week but I'm posting it here because if I post it there, nobody will see it and it needs to be seen.

Ignorant Megan said crisises instead of crises.

Carry on.

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/2/2020 at 1:35 AM, bannana said:

Wait, what?!  Sean Penn is going on The View?

this must be the place goth GIF

Caught him on a talk show last week talking about his CORE testing. I’m sure he would prefer this type guest appearance. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I wonder if Friday is a 'live show' which is why Monday is a repeat ? That way they can stick to their four day work week. 

I doubt it. They NEVER seem to be live on a Friday.

Maybe they are going to a three day work week!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, ThePurpleArcher said:

I'm surprised Dylan McDermott will be on this Friday - his show "Hollywood" began streaming last week on Netflix. He should have been on April 30 or May 1, when it dropped.

Now it's old news; why promote it ? 

It's not "old news", since not everyone watches all episodes of a show the day Netflix releases it.  It was only released May 1.   Maybe he wasn't available last week to be on The View.  McDermott isn't the star of the show anyway. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, I was with Whoopi until she started with taxes and stockpiles of money waiting to be handed out. THAT’S NOT HOW TAXES WORK!  But I do agree with her asking just whose loved ones are to be sacrificed so protesters can get their nails done.

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 18
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hmmm interesting, spitting on officers and stomping on the American flag. Sunny beat me to it, but is this the same “Blue Lives Matter” and “I Stand For The National Anthem” crowd? 🙃

  • Like 20
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Hmmm interesting, spitting on officers and stomping on the American flag. Sunny beat me to it, but is this the same “Blue Lives Matter” and “I Stand For The National Anthem” crowd? 🙃

It's just a front for them being racist ignorant hypocrites.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/4/2020 at 1:47 AM, slasherboy said:

Ignorant Megan said crisises instead of crises.

 

I have heard her say 'crisises' at least 5 times in the last few weeks, and yet NO ONE in her life corrects her! So ignorant.

Edited by Eileen Dover · Reason: punctuation counts
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I have only two words to describe the first forty minutes of today's show:  cluster-fuck!!!  Whoopi STILL doesn't know what she's doing, reads like it's a new language & is giving lessons in totally inept!!!  Gawd!!!

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Ooh, show improvements.  They have green screens nows, that can display the show's regular backdrop.  And much better lighting.  Consistent sound.  They're all sitting closer to the camera (for some reason Whoopie's closer than the other two, but still not as close as Meghan has been lately).

No Meghan either.  Is that a new improvement?   Oh, darn.  Well, thank you, technical issues, for a brief respite.  (What do you want to bet that she called and told them that they  hadn't announced why she wasn't there?) 

So everyone kept mentioning that Biden has asked the Senate to release any personnel records.  Their researcher didn't do a very good job, because yesterday the relevant office in the Senate said they couldn't legally release any records, or even confirm if they exist, since any such records can't be made public for 50 years.  The show left people with the impression that it's still a possibility.

Edited by lusinia
  • Like 8
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

The talking over/start/stop/dead air/everyone speaking at once is really annoying.  They need to find a way to get around the time lapse. Other shows have done it. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/2/2020 at 6:28 PM, maggiemae said:

Penn is very active in the COVID fight......visitited the Navajo Nation, has his own nonprofit for virus testing sites, etc.

He's probably seen first hand the rampant effects of disease after a disaster with all he has done with Haiti etc.  I wish what he's doing here got as much press.  I'll take any good news to be inspired these days. Thank Goodness for all the teachers!!  Been dig'n all the Teacher Love!  💝💝

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

The talking over/start/stop/dead air/everyone speaking at once is really annoying.  They need to find a way to get around the time lapse. Other shows have done it. 

Throw in the echo during the dead air and ya got a party going on people! F-i-x-i-t ...dot dot dot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Every time MM says "crisises" I cannot help but think of David Alan Grier saying "big breasteses" on In Living Color, while playing an ignoramus.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 21
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopi looked really pretty and refreshed today.  Working from home agrees with her.  She did miss the free food lol. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

The talking over/start/stop/dead air/everyone speaking at once is really annoying.  They need to find a way to get around the time lapse. Other shows have done it. 

It's downright painful to watch and it's true - other shows are doing it much better.

Mags? Please don't hurry back on my account. It's so wonderful NOT having you there with your slicked back hair, giant scary glasses and laughable attempts to sprinkle your conversations with new big words.

Joy was right on the money about Obama vetting Biden. Knowing that the knives were out for him, I'm sure that they were extra extra careful. Those Republicans would have had a field day if there was even a whiff of impropriety even remotely associated with him! I'm sure that "fine tooth comb" doesn't even begin to cover it!!

I have also noticed Whoopi is looking much better these days. She always looked like she just rolled out of bed and threw on the first thing she found on the floor when they were in the studio. Is it because she's at home...relaxed....doesn't have to go anywhere and can spark up the doobs whenever the mood hits?

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

I can’t believe it took ABC this long to make this show look professional. 

But when will they SOUND professional?

The new backgrounds must be a The View thing because kelly, Ryan, Jimmy still have their homey backgrounds.

So glad Sunny got rid of the throne  chair that screamed opulence.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

The new backgrounds must be a The View thing because kelly, Ryan, Jimmy still have their homey backgrounds.

I miss their houses!  Today, when I first watched, I thought Sunny was in the studio.

Edited by OnTime
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Great show today without Messy. I was definitely feeling Sunny's anger over the armed protesters.

It's too bad Whoopi gets all pissy every time Joy tries to speak. Joy ends up starting to speak and then stopping even more because she wants to be deferential to Whoopi, so there ends up being even more times where there's silence. lol

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Whoopie's the worst at wanting to fill up every second of silence. 

When they go off the air, they need to stick around for a little while and practice, every day, like piano lessons, until it becomes second nature - one one thousand, two one thousand - then it's okay to talk.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ok, I was with Whoopi until she started with taxes and stockpiles of money waiting to be handed out. THAT’S NOT HOW TAXES WORK!  But I do agree with her asking just whose loved ones are to be sacrificed so protesters can get their nails done.

Why hasn't someone sat her down and explained this to her? She really does think all the taxes you pay are put into some escrow account and is just sitting there waiting for you to draw on it.  It is ridiculous that she doesn't understand taxes is the government's revenue they use to pay for things.  Has she not ever heard about the budget?  

20 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Thanks Joy for mentioning the fact that our first black POTUS certainly vetted tf out of all his potential presidential VP nominees. His vetting team came out already and said nothing came up at all. You can bet your ass that if even a whiff of sexual assault allegations or any type of scandal in general came up, Biden would never have become VP to our first black POTUS. 

 

17 hours ago, Sam Spayaid said:

Joy was right on the money about Obama vetting Biden. Knowing that the knives were out for him, I'm sure that they were extra extra careful. Those Republicans would have had a field day if there was even a whiff of impropriety even remotely associated with him! I'm sure that "fine tooth comb" doesn't even begin to cover it!!

Not only did Obama's team not find anything but neither did Trump's team when they went looking for stuff. All they found was Hunter Biden and tried to make that into something.  If there was anything to be found they would have found it. Even if it was nothing they would  have still tried to turn into something.

 

20 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

At this point there’s nothing more Biden can do. In his interview he didn’t attack Tara, nor did he question her motives. After that interview Tara cancelled appearances with Chris Wallace and Don Lemon. 

People who want to believe this will.  Nothing will change that. Even if Tara Reade recants people who already believe it will continue to believe it.

  • Like 11
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post

Thank goodness Meghan is farther away from the camera.

That the previous administration left this administration "bad tests" for a virus that didn't exist before the end of last year is one of the most nonsensical statements ever. 

Having hearings in the House just because they're after "a Spartacus cable news moment"?  I wonder how, in Meghan's mind, that would work exactly.  

Oh, so Meghan's not as interested in the mistakes that have been made in this country as she is in what China did.  Well, she's got her right-wing talking points down.

All four talking at once; that's a feat.

Whoopie - "...and the adults who are teenagers".

That guy seemed like he'd be a great, fun, teacher.  (And even with that feel-good story Meghan could hardly bother to look anything but grim when they were wrapping up the segment.) 

She thinks she looks so serious and smart wearing her big 'ol glasses, when they just serve to make her look extra ridiculous.

  • Like 11
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Having hearings in the House just because they're after "a Spartacus cable news moment"?  I wonder how, in Meghan's mind, that would work exactly. 

She obviously has no idea what a Spartacus moment is. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, lusinia said:

That the previous administration left this administration "bad tests" for a virus that didn't exist before the end of last year is one of the most nonsensical statements ever. 

And sadly people will believe this. 

 

27 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Oh, so Meghan's not as interested in the mistakes that have been made in this country as she is in what China did.  Well, she's got her right-wing talking points down.

She will forever defend what her tribe did and when she can't she will just ignore what they did.

  • Like 13
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post

On a totally shallow note about today's show:

I was looking at MM as she spoke.  I got distracted by her eyes - she looked cross-eyed as she was speaking.  It distracted me so much I didn't listen to what she said. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, pinguina said:

I got distracted by her eyes - she looked cross-eyed as she was speaking.  

Maybe it's the ginormous glasses, which are very distracting.

During that segment when they gave the teacher his own computer and they were all in their Brady Bunch formation, Mags looked like she was standing in line at the DMV. Could you possibly look any more miserable, angry and foul-tempered?!!! I hate to think that a knocked up Mags is even going to be MORE insufferable as the months go on!

I can hardly wait.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/4/2020 at 4:28 PM, tinkerbell said:

It's not "old news", since not everyone watches all episodes of a show the day Netflix releases it.  It was only released May 1.   Maybe he wasn't available last week to be on The View.  McDermott isn't the star of the show anyway. 

Sorry, I totally disagree. Publicity started on this show the week of April 20, when other cast members started doing interviews including Patti Lupone and Darren Criss. It lasted through April 30. 

It's not usual at all for celebrities to promote a project after it's been released to the public. They always do it prior to release, to drum up interest / business, which is why the hosts say they saw 'the preview of the TV show or movie' before they interview the guest or they got an advance copy of a book or CD, before it's actual release date. 'Hollywood' has been streaming since May 1, it's gotten mostly negative reviews from the major publications, and viewers are disappointed as well (just read the various chat forums and viewers' reviews). It's not only old news, but bad news for Ryan Murphy. (And there is no 'star' of the show, since it's an ensemble piece. McDermott is one of the highly touted in the ensemble).

Edited by ThePurpleArcher

Share this post


Link to post

Sunny has been looking pretty bad the past two days. Her natural hair is growing out under her extensions as you can see it getting darker and frizzier along her forehead and left side of her head - then you have the blond extensions attached. I'm surprised she lets herself go on TV like this, when she's so meticulous of her on-air looks. 

I like that they do have the better backgrounds this week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, pinguina said:

On a totally shallow note about today's show:

I was looking at MM as she spoke.  I got distracted by her eyes - she looked cross-eyed as she was speaking.  It distracted me so much I didn't listen to what she said. 

I was distracted too. I didn't think she looked cross-eyed but I think she got a new prescription. The lenses looked extra thick. The handles seemed to be creating a shadow under her eyes too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

That guy seemed like he'd be a great, fun, teacher.  (And even with that feel-good story Meghan could hardly bother to look anything but grim when they were wrapping up the segment.) 

Good Lord, I came here to say that. Such a lovely story, a wonderful teacher and an appreciation for how good humans can be made everyone smile. Except Meghan, who, scowling, made me think her hemorrhoids were raging. Or maybe it was just her deeply disturbed, pathetically unhappy soul?

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, buttersister said:

Good Lord, I came here to say that. Such a lovely story, a wonderful teacher and an appreciation for how good humans can be made everyone smile. Except Meghan, who, scowling, made me think her hemorrhoids were raging. Or maybe it was just her deeply disturbed, pathetically unhappy soul?

A raging case of the 'roids!  That would explain a lot!

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/5/2020 at 8:50 AM, lusinia said:

Ooh, show improvements.  They have green screens nows, that can display the show's regular backdrop.  And much better lighting.  Consistent sound.  They're all sitting closer to the camera (for some reason Whoopie's closer than the other two, but still not as close as Meghan has been lately).

No Meghan either.  Is that a new improvement?   Oh, darn.  Well, thank you, technical issues, for a brief respite.  (What do you want to bet that she called and told them that they  hadn't announced why she wasn't there?) 

So everyone kept mentioning that Biden has asked the Senate to release any personnel records.  Their researcher didn't do a very good job, because yesterday the relevant office in the Senate said they couldn't legally release any records, or even confirm if they exist, since any such records can't be made public for 50 years.  The show left people with the impression that it's still a possibility.

I have noticed other shows have done that now this week.  It is less distracting to me having the regular backdrop.  I kept looking around the host's homes.  And not gonna lie, their hair roots.  HA!  

 I ordered a green screen a couple of days ago.  I am doing zoom events and wanted something other than my dining room on camera for the more professional shows I am doing.  CANNOT wait.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Such a contrast between how Nicolle handles the new normal of hosting remotely vs Whoopi. Whoopi isn't able to adapt. I'm hoping TPTB recognize this and adjust moderator duties.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I was distracted too. I didn't think she looked cross-eyed but I think she got a new prescription. The lenses looked extra thick. The handles seemed to be creating a shadow under her eyes too.

I was thinking that she might have had extra-heavy, dark eyeshadow on.  And yes, it does look like it's the side-pieces that are casting shadows on her face.  Does that normally happen?  

I've wondered if her glasses are prescription.  Someone online asked her what brand they were, and the name she gave (Quay Australia) sells blue light glasses with clear lenses, as well as sunglasses.  It wasn't as noticeable today since she was farther away, but there's a white brand logo on one of the upper corners, which wouldn't be there if they were prescription lenses.   

3 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

Such a contrast between how Nicolle handles the new normal of hosting remotely vs Whoopi. Whoopi isn't able to adapt. I'm hoping TPTB recognize this and adjust moderator duties.

You can tell, when someone inadvertently speaks over her, that Whoopie gets annoyed, even though she's guilty of doing it more often than any of the others.

This show only cares about "names".  Talent?  Eh, not necessary.  And those "names" agree.

Also, unlike them, Nicolle actually cares about doing a good job.

Edited by lusinia
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Another good show today even with McCain there. While the co-hosts being remote has come with its annoyances, the one good thing is it's put an end to McCain's attempt at screaming over top of everyone so they can't be heard and the interruptions. She tried it today when Whoopi was trying to have her turn to speak, but nobody was able to be heard and she finally gave up. I loved that. <3

I thought Joy had the best comments today, but I did like how Sunny addressed the China deflection on the Coronavirus topic.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Another good show today even with McCain there. While the co-hosts being remote has come with its annoyances, the one good thing is it's put an end to McCain's attempt at screaming over top of everyone so they can't be heard and the interruptions. She tried it today when Whoopi was trying to have her turn to speak, but nobody was able to be heard and she finally gave up. I loved that. ❤️

I thought Joy had the best comments today, but I did like how Sunny addressed the China deflection on the Coronavirus topic.

I agree with you. The show has become watchable again for me

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/5/2020 at 2:14 PM, tribeca said:

Whoopi looked really pretty and refreshed today.  Working from home agrees with her.  She did miss the free food lol. 

I did not miss Whoopie talking with her mouth full of food, so nasty..  

6 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Another good show today even with McCain there. While the co-hosts being remote has come with its annoyances, the one good thing is it's put an end to McCain's attempt at screaming over top of everyone so they can't be heard and the interruptions. She tried it today when Whoopi was trying to have her turn to speak, but nobody was able to be heard and she finally gave up. I loved that. ❤️

I thought Joy had the best comments today, but I did like how Sunny addressed the China deflection on the Coronavirus topic.

Joy and Sunny have been on point these past two days. I loved the shade, the truth, the facts and the anger thrown at you know who.. Yesterday being Tuesday was so good without Messy and of course she had to revert to her talking points regarding Fauci. Whoopie still sucks as a moderator, it stills astounds me that she has never gotten any better in her role after all of these years. I have been getting a kick out of her seeing her get flustered when she gets interrupted by the people in her ear and the other co-hosts..

 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Meghan, no one cares what your preg and post preg body will look like. Backlash?  Self important much?  

Whoopi is so bored (or high) she can’t remember if Sunny spoke yet. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

New sign-off phrase for the Whoopster : " remember to wash whatever you may happen upon!"

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

Am I only just now noticing it now, or has Sunny been emphasizing syllables with her hand movements more than usual this week?

There are no government suicide hotline programs, Meghan.

Most of the press corps isn't being tested, it's most of the White House press corps that's being tested.  So either Meggy was talking too fast and forgot to say that part, or she failed to recognize that distinction when she first came across that information.  Oh, and today she really cares about the job the White House is doing, unlike yesterday, when it was all about China.

Joy's glasses are making weird shadows, too.  I think Whoopie's would, too, if they were larger.  It must be the new lighting they have.

Sunny said she didn't know why a grand jury hasn't indicted the father and son.  Who knows why it didn't happen back in February, but the video of the killing was only released on Tuesday by attorneys for the victim, and right now, there are no grand juries being held in Georgia.

Meghan thinks "the media" doesn't like her because she's overweight?!!!  She wouldn't be any more well-liked, respected, etc., even if she was skinny.  What happened to her go-to excuse of not being liked because she's a conservative woman? 

And her biggest worry right now is not the pandemic, not politics, but how the media will treat her when she comes back on the show after her pregnancy and she hasn't lost the baby weight?!!!  Yes, she really is that shallow.  (I think she said the quiet part out loud.)   

Admittedly, thin women in the media do have those kind of comments made about them after a pregnancy, but since Meghan's not thin to begin with, I doubt people would have that expectation of her.

"Starting to feel like...", Whoopie?!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size