Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Still Got It

• Start Topic

I don't see how Eve gets over the guilt from Niko's death. He had already been through so much because of his association with her, and now it gets him killed even though he was trying to get away from her. If she really loved him she should have let him go, especially when she knew V was back and she was getting fully involved Carolyn and her pursuit of the 12 again. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, BellyLaughter said:

So The 12 don't want Villanelle distracted by Eve (who is currently investigating them in connection to Kenny's death.... are they unaware that Eve is doing this?)  Dasha was told to get rid of the distraction and she thinks the best way to do that is lure Eve to Poland and pretend to be Villanelle and kill Niko...maybe it's just me but that makes ZERO sense....Dasha just metaphorically held a red rag to a bull...

I'm officially confused.

It's not just you. Why do The Twelve think that killing Niko would somehow make Eve and V less fascinated with each other? Was it supposed to be a warning signal to Eve? If they had done any homework on Eve AT ALL, they would know that witnessing someone's death, even if it is someone she loved or cared for deeply (i.e. Bill, Kenny) isn't going to get her to back off, it's only going to fuel her obsession with unwinding the mystery of The Twelve more. 

• Love 4
On 5/7/2020 at 7:44 PM, Stats Queen said:

I’m with you on this.

So am I.  Too much same-old, same-old with Eve being even more pathetic than usual and Villanelle being too over-the-top in every way - I'm even losing interest in her wardrobe.  Geraldine is a stiff, Konstantin is too over-involved in, well, everything, the online newspaper or whatever it is just feels awkward and gimmicky, etc.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I was more bored and irritated than entertained or surprised with this episode, and I don't know if I'll even bother with the rest of the season.  

• Love 2

This episode, and the previous one, have felt like the old show. Finally.

I did not care about Niko at all so his death meant nothing to me and I saw it coming a mile off with all the cheery scenes. Dasha clearly does not understand Eve, tho, if she thinks this will scare Eve off Villanelle.

• Love 2

The sound of frogs croaking for white noise? Oh no, that would never work for me. It would keep me awake. Hmm, maybe that's what Caroyln actually wanted.

Holy crap, that was brutal for Eve to witness. Poor Niko thought he'd finally escaped.

dollar discount Idris Elba guy

Heh, if Idris got hit by a semi and then it backed up over his body several times. 😼

Dasha clearly does not understand Eve, tho, if she thinks this will scare Eve off Villanelle.

I don't think scaring is what she was going for. She wanted Eve to be angry. Guess she doesn't understand how people can get motivated for revenge, or how Eve might figure out Villanelle didn't do it. Dasha sure better hope Eve gets to her before Villanelle does.

• Love 1

I also would add that it tells us something about Dasha’s character that she made this fundamental miscalculation where Eve (and Villanelle, really) is concerned. Konstantin, for example, has bothered to get to know/understand Eve and instinctively would know that killing Niko is a bad move and would backfire. Dasha thinks she has it all figured out, and she really doesn’t.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

If anything, once they figure out that they've been manipulated this is the kind of thing that would make Eve and Villanelle team up again.  My guess...after Eve accuses Villanelle and Villanelle fingers Dasha , Eve will kill Dasha, the 12 will put a hit on Eve and then Villanelle and Eve will go after the 12

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Or V. will kill Dasha for trying to frame her for Niko's murder.   I think Eve arrived a little earlier than Dasha thought she would, so that's why she put the note on the pitchfork.   I think V. likes being known for her kills, but I don't think she's going to be wanting the credit for Niko. 

On 5/7/2020 at 6:14 PM, seacliffsal said:

I am beginning to think that I'm the only person losing interest in the season and the show.  I thought there was a lot of wasted time in the episode and felt the stories did not advance very much.  So, the big action?  Killing Niko which I get is to ratchet up the action (finally!) with Eve getting revenge minded.  But otherwise?  Killing the widow of the accountant who had been killed?  Didn't surprise me at all (cleaning up loose ends), and I always knew Constantine was playing many sides.  Villanelle got a promotion?  About time.  

They may be killing off characters, but they are also adding more-Dasha, Carolyn's daughter and supervisor, mysterious woman at the swimming pool, the investigative journalists, etc.  I have a hard time caring about the new characters.

Okay, maybe I'm just grumpy, but I wish I was liking this season more than I am.

I was also going to post this. I am just bored by this season. I hope it gets better (I am an episode behind so maybe it does). 

• Love 1

I loved V's reaction to the promotion.   Someone said it was out of character, but I think it showed us a bit of a new side.  V can be excited, emotional about something.  But that something was all about her.  That seems to fit very well with the character.  It's like how she's very happy with herself after a good kill.  She likes external validation, we've seen that with Konstantin and her. 

I'm glad Niko's gone for good (I'm assuming this, of course.  It's really not definite at this point, but I'll go with he's dead.)  I like that it sets up Eve vs. V again, and gives Eve some good motivation.  I wasn't crazy about the method, though.  All the dots lined up way too perfectly, which would be impossible in real life.  Niko just happened to a) be texting Eve, b) on a phone with no lock screen, when he c) gets swept up by the crowd leaving the phone on the bar, which d) no one notices an unknown old lady in a small village taking, followed by e) Eve apparently hopping on the first flight she could (ugh, I feel so sorry for whoever had to sit next to her on that flight - pee-eww stinky!), to f) arrive at the farm where Niko didn't even live but g) just happened to be, at that very moment, e) in a perfect position to be seen from the entrance and f) also next to a wall that would hide Dasha from being seen while stabbing him.   Dasha must be the Rube Goldberg of assassins to pull that off!

I don't quite understand the openness of Carolyn and Konstantin's relationship.  Isn't he known to be part of a big bad Russian criminal operation, the handler to known assassins?  So how is he walking around London so freely, attending funerals where there are members of MI5/MI6?  Why would Carolyn allow him so much access to her children when they were younger?  It seemed in season 1 and/or 2 that they were meeting more on the down low. 

All that aside, I am so loving the location shots!  I love V's apartment in Barcelona, and all the Barcelona street shots.  There's a video posted in the media thread that shows the village where they shot Niko's scenes.  I'm hoping they stay in that village for at least another episode.  It's Viscri, Romania.  Teeny tiny, but full of character.  I hope to see more! 

On 5/4/2020 at 8:16 AM, stealinghome said:

Also, I call bullshit on Eve just happening to know that some random Soviet gymnast got killed by chalk in like the 70s. That was way, way too convenient for the plot.

Dasha mentioned in an earlier episode that her kills are still being studied. So they did set that up. I can easily imagine Eve researching showy kills - especially in Russia - to try to gain insight into Villanelle. After all, even though that was Dasha's kill originally, the style is so like Villanelle that as soon as the Catalonian woman turned up dead, MI-6 and Eve knew Villanelle was the killer.