Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Update Eve

• Start Topic

The ending made me sad. I hope he remembers her but I’ve a feeling he might not for DRAMA.

... I was expecting more from the Jamie reveal. It’s just that he slept with Ingrid?  (I got that vibe from the first episode when he was shocked to see her at the family dinner). 

Ingrid looks to be embracing her dark side now that she’s been scorned.

• Love 4

Awwww, I loved that Nora decided that Nathan finding out the truth about what happened to him was more important than him keeping/losing his memories of her. She was finally able to be with him but she was willing to sacrifice that in order to solve the mystery of who killed him. She could have been selfish and not given him the option so that she could keep her new boyfriend but she did the right thing.

The Christmas party cracked me up. But I really don't get Byron. He's still meeting other girls but he thinks that he and Nora have a real connection? I've been convinced he was a plant sent by Ingrid's family to spy on her ever since he jumped at the chance to see the inside of her workplace on their first date.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The Christmas party cracked me up. But I really don't get Byron. He's still meeting other girls but he thinks that he and Nora have a real connection? I've been convinced he was a plant sent by Ingrid's family to spy on her ever since he jumped at the chance to see the inside of her workplace on their first date.

Or Nora's father was right and nobody ever takes an interest in anybody on that hookup app, they just have sex and leave. Are people just substituting sex for a meaningful connection with another person.

• Love 1

Okay, so Nathan's partner was just avoiding him out of guilt. That's nice and non-sinister as a motive. Did they clarify whether he slept with Ingrid before or after Nathan died?

But Ingrid actually knows more than she let on? Interesting. At the start of the season I really disliked her, she seemed cold and superior, and seemed to see Nathan as more of an accessory than anything else. But she actually does love him?

"Your maid is cleaning that up."

"Make her!"

That's the funniest privilege joke I've heard in a while.

So on most shows Byron would be an obstacle, a guy who Nora actually likes and stops the central pair from getting together. In this, he is 100% being used by Nora just to protect what she and Nathan have. I really like that Nora isn't doing the usual 'will they, won't they' thing of not being sure what she wants and being torn between two men - one living and one uploaded. It suits her character that she doesn't fall for that stuff.

Speaking of obstacles, though, memory erasure? Really?

• Love 6
On 5/19/2020 at 12:41 PM, AnimeMania said:

Are people just substituting sex for a meaningful connection with another person.

I do think that's what they are going for, the young people on the show will have grown up with app hook ups and the like, so he probably thinks it is love because they actually talked afterwards which is probably not something he's used to. 

On 5/19/2020 at 12:42 PM, Danny Franks said:

So on most shows Byron would be an obstacle, a guy who Nora actually likes and stops the central pair from getting together.

I was afraid that was the way they were going to go at first, so I like the way it actually played out. Nora is also from the world of casual sex and app ratings for hook ups so it makes sense she wouldn't get attached to a guy she hooked up with, but I do find it refreshing that it was the male who got attached while the female just saw it as a convenient hook up. It is usually the other way around. 

• Love 3

So it looks like the real bad guys here might be Ingrid's dad and Justin?  They tampered with his car to kill him so that Justin would get the whole company?  But Ingrid snuck back to the car and changed the setting to "Protect Occupant"?

The character of Lucy infuriates me.  I know she's written as incompetent and clueless and a general asswipe to her employees.  Makes you wonder how she ever got to that position.  But the character of the irritating boss is such a TV trope.  I've definitely had several bosses in the past that are just like her, the ones that drink their own kool aid, and I'd rather not see this kind of boss character on TV.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

So it looks like the real bad guys here might be Ingrid's dad and Justin?  They tampered with his car to kill him so that Justin would get the whole company?  But Ingrid snuck back to the car and changed the setting to "Protect Occupant"?

By Justin, I am guessing you mean Jamie, Nathan's business partner. I don't think Jamie is a bad guy or involved in Nathan's death. Jamie's company is called beyond and is barely scrapping by, all of a sudden a new company that is pretty much identical to Jamie's called Freeyond is launched and they are well funded. Whoever owns Freeyond and Ingrid's dad is probably involved in Nathan's death.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, blackwing said:

The character of Lucy infuriates me.  I know she's written as incompetent and clueless and a general asswipe to her employees.  Makes you wonder how she ever got to that position.  But the character of the irritating boss is such a TV trope.  I've definitely had several bosses in the past that are just like her, the ones that drink their own kool aid, and I'd rather not see this kind of boss character on TV.

My first three jobs out of university were in customer service, and a lot of Nora's scenes resonate. They're really capturing that feeling of working in a shitty, customer service centre - dull, thankless days, having to take crap from unhappy customers, forced 'morale boosting', bosses who are absolutely clueless and low-level cruel, who you can't figure out how on earth they got the jobs they have.

• Love 4

"How old's your baby?" "Fourteen months. But this is her only chance to live forever." What. The. Fuck.

Hey, the tech guy announcing that everyone's gotta be asleep for the upgrade is the annoying sketch artist from iZombie! 

"Sorry. Integrity is cool." Hehe. I like the mom. 

I love that Luke offered to be Nathan's "sugar daddy." That was sweet. 

I'm glad the confrontation between Jamie and Nathan finally came. For the last few episodes, it's really seemed that Jamie might've had something to do with Nathan's death, but I can see the guilt over sleeping with Ingrid keeping him from talking to his buddy. 

• Love 2
On 5/24/2020 at 7:17 PM, bettername2come said:

"How old's your baby?" "Fourteen months. But this is her only chance to live forever." What. The. Fuck.

Hey, the tech guy announcing that everyone's gotta be asleep for the upgrade is the annoying sketch artist from iZombie! 

"Sorry. Integrity is cool." Hehe. I like the mom. 

I love that Luke offered to be Nathan's "sugar daddy." That was sweet. 

I'm glad the confrontation between Jamie and Nathan finally came. For the last few episodes, it's really seemed that Jamie might've had something to do with Nathan's death, but I can see the guilt over sleeping with Ingrid keeping him from talking to his buddy. 

Still not convinced he is not involved. The erased memories still involve him.  

On 5/5/2020 at 7:25 AM, Avabelle said:

... I was expecting more from the Jamie reveal. It’s just that he slept with Ingrid?  (I got that vibe from the first episode when he was shocked to see her at the family dinner). 

Maybe I misheard it, I thought she left with Jamie AFTER Nathan died, which is why he was ghosting him, he just felt guilty.