Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
AnimeMania

S01.E08: Shopping Other Digital After-Lives

Recommended Posts

After a surprising revelation, Nathan shops for a new digital after-life. Nora travels to LA to help Ingrid stop him from leaving Lakeview.

Airdate: May 1, 2020

Share this post


Link to post

I love Nora, and I knew she would pull that on him again at the end of the episode. 🙂

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

I really like Nathan and Nora but I LOVE Ingrid. She is absolutely my favourite break out character of this series.

Im also happy that Nathan and Nora acknowledged Ingrid had good qualities and he owed Her a conversation before they did anything. A trope I despise in a lot of those shows is when the obstacle to the OTP is just an it and out villain.  

Edited by Avabelle
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I loved Nora and Ingrid bonding over their love of the future version of Real Housewives. I enjoy the small details about the future (like a flight from New York to LA is now only 30 minutes). I'm guessing economy minus flights are super cheap if Nora was able to afford a last minute flight to see Ingrid.

I knew Nora was going to switch the hard drives! Ingrid's reaction to being in the fountain was hilarious. 

I hope that Nathan has a plan for paying for his Lakeview expenses in place before he talks to Ingrid about how he really feels. Her discussion at the grief group was pretty illuminating. Not only is she thinking about deactivating him but she doesn't have as much money as her apartment, wardrobe, and lifestyle might indicate. If she can't afford to fix her AC without asking her dad for money, she doesn't have as much disposable income as she seems to have. Was it ever mentioned what she does for a living?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I hope that Nathan has a plan for paying for his Lakeview expenses in place before he talks to Ingrid about how he really feels. Her discussion at the grief group was pretty illuminating. Not only is she thinking about deactivating him but she doesn't have as much money as her apartment, wardrobe, and lifestyle might indicate. If she can't afford to fix her AC without asking her dad for money, she doesn't have as much disposable income as she seems to have. Was it ever mentioned what she does for a living?

I have a feeling that the whole Ingrid sleeping with Nathan was Ingrid's dad's idea. Ingrid was probably aware that her father was planning to murder Nathan and changed the car settings in an attempt to save Nathan's life after Ingrid caught some real feelings for Nathan. That would suggest that Ingrid's dad had initially paid Ingrid to sleep with Nathan, or at least get close to him. That might explain why Ingrid also slept with Nathan's business partner, she was trying to see which one was the easiest to turn.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

So I would guess that it's also against company policy to use another employee's avatar in the Upload. If not, it should be.

The sleazy heaven agent was depressing. Strip mall, second hand car salesman stuff. And he had an original Atari joystick to control it! And I'm just imagining spending eternity in virtual Las Vegas. It sounds like a fate truly worse than death.

The contrast between Nora and Ingrid was cool. Nora all edgy black and pixie cut, Ingrid in gauzy white, with her perfectly styled blonde hair. 

It was nice to see Ingrid genuinely upset over Nathan's "death". Not so nice that Nora let her thrash about in the water, crying.

I do like that the romance between Nathan and Nora is acknowledged by both of them, already. There's no denial or stubborn refusal to admit anything to each other. It makes it feel that much more real - two people who met and like each other, and aren't crippled by narratively convenient insecurities.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Danny Franks said:

I do like that the romance between Nathan and Nora is acknowledged by both of them, already. There's no denial or stubborn refusal to admit anything to each other. It makes it feel that much more real - two people who met and like each other, and aren't crippled by narratively convenient insecurities.

I think that is part of what makes me actually root for them, that and they are super adorable together. I like how rather than just pining away and going for some tragic love that can't be thing, Nathan is proactively trying to find a way out of the trap Ingrid has him in. 

I actually appreciate that the show is moving along and not dragging it's feet with storylines. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I think that is part of what makes me actually root for them, that and they are super adorable together. I like how rather than just pining away and going for some tragic love that can't be thing, Nathan is proactively trying to find a way out of the trap Ingrid has him in. 

I actually appreciate that the show is moving along and not dragging it's feet with storylines. 

Robbie Amell is growing on me a bit, although I'm still not a huge fan. But Andy Allo is bringing it with the chemistry and a vivacious energy. Amell honestly doesn't have to do a lot to convince me he's smitten by her because... who wouldn't be?

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Danny Franks said:

Robbie Amell is growing on me a bit, although I'm still not a huge fan. But Andy Allo is bringing it with the chemistry and a vivacious energy. Amell honestly doesn't have to do a lot to convince me he's smitten by her because... who wouldn't be?

I've never seen either of them in anything before. He is a fine "every man" for me. I don't think we're supposed to love him completely, but he works as just a guy that something weird is happening to. I find Andy Allo absolutely charming. She does seem like the kind of person who would have chemistry with pretty much anybody. 

The show has some flaws but their relationship, and I do think that Allo is the majority partner in that, is enough to keep me tuning in. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I liked that Ingrid seemed to genuinely like Nora and gave her a great review that saved her job. 

I didn't predict creepy guy stealing "Nathan" and throwing him in a fountain or Nora's stealing the case. It was so cute to see her in bed wearing his t-shirt while she pranked him again.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size