Type keyword(s) to search

Jason Quartermaine Morgan: Patron Saint of Not Blinking

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, melody16 said:

Well, she is the most beautiful woman Patrick had ever seen!!

My favorite moment will always be Patrick, Ric, Jason, and Sonny all commenting on her beauty within 30 seconds of each other in one episode.   If only Lucky and Jax were there, it would have set a soap record or something. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

I never saw anything on screen that indicated Jakeson actually loved Liez. She (stupidly) took him into her home, took care of him, gave him attention, had sex with him, etc. With Liez he got an insta-family and didn't have to worry about pesky things like trying to find out his real identity. He could safely live inside the bubble she created for him and not have to think for himself. Jakeson had absolutely no ambition or desire to have his own life so I could see how he would find the situation appealing and decide to marry her because why not? He had a pretty sweet deal so why not settle down with her before another man could swoop in and mess everything up. 

I didn't like Jason and Elizabeth so I didn't watch a whole lot of them, but he did propose right? I'm assuming he told her onscreen he loved her then.  Elizabeth didn't force him to move in with her or "fall" for her or propose to her.  How you feel about Jason and Elizabeth is how I feel about this Jason and Sam (Old Jason certainly loved Sam).  Sam certainly loves Jason (Elizabeth, I don't think, really loves Jason, its more like an unhealthy obsession), but this Jason seems more like a "love the one you're with" kind of guy to me.  

My main point is I was looking for more with this whole Jason story, and I didn't get it.  There was so much potential here for a good, soapy story and it got blown to smithereens in the service of plot points.  It's not a Jasam v Liason issue.  It's just a poor story.  

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, melody16 said:

It's not a Jasam v Liason issue.  It's just a poor story.  

It's not a Sam vs Liz thing for me. Ron was a hack who only wrote plot points and as a result the Jakeson/Liz thing didn't resemble any type of real relationship to me. Replace Liz with anyone else and I would still feel the same way.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, melody16 said:

this Jason seems more like a "love the one you're with" kind of guy to me.  

He's so frickin' passive. UGH.

44 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

It's not a Sam vs Liz thing for me. Ron was a hack who only wrote plot points and as a result the Jakeson/Liz thing didn't resemble any type of real relationship to me. Replace Liz with anyone else and I would still feel the same way.

The women are so badly written it doesn't matter who Jason's with.

• Love 3

Jason: I did what I thought was best at the time, I didn't say it was right.

......Isn't it amazing how only Jason had this luxury?

ETA:

Sam: How do you even make it work with a woman like Elizabeth? She doesn't understand you! She doesn't understand your life! She doesn't know how to stand by you for the man that you are!

I never really understood this thought from the show. Ever. I mean, forget Jason for a second. And Sam and Liz. And just focus on those words. To define a character as a criminal, as a killer, and nothing else? And people had to accept that? So weird.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

I have a feeling - based on absolutely nothing, mind you! - that Billy Miller is outta here soon, and this whole Jason/Jakeson mess will have been for naught. And yawn.

Still, yeah. I see a decided lack of interest and think this show will once more be Jason-less soon enough.

And then I'll laugh. And yawn again. Because it's Jason.

2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Maybe Jason is going to die again. I mean, the stanvil about Sam being perfectly happy has to result in something bad....or it would if these were soap writers

As far as I'm concerned, the best Jason is a dead Jason, but I just had a vision of how this would go down.  Michael renews his disgust with Sonny and/or Carly as Sabrina's death brings back the traumatic time he suffered through at AJ's death.  We get a few glorious weeks of Michael hating those two assholes, and then Jason dies, and he goes back to them, because he feels their pain.  I'm loving everything up to and including "Jason dies," and then it just all goes to hell.  Although if they went another way with it, and had Michael marry Sam after Jason dies, to make sure Jason's kids are kept away from the mob completely - no Carly, no Sonny, no Julian, I could get into that.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

the stanvil about Sam being perfectly happy has to result in something bad....or it would if these were soap writers

She's pregnant. Something will go wrong with that and/or the baby when it's born. We'll watch Jason ineffectively rant and rage about justice and fairness and all that crap. Maybe he'll even find that ol' time religion and pray.

Edited by dubbel zout
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 2:40 PM, HeatLifer said:

You really think they'd play that story again? He can just leave town. I can't do another round of mourning.

Jason can't leave town.  He can't exist without his harem and worshippers.  At least with the BM version, I get that maybe Jason isn't comfortable with it.  Maybe BM really doesn't like the character- which is cool because Jason Morgan as he's been written literally is very boring.  However, if the writers/FV would allow another interpretation and just let the acting dictate the writing in this case, it could work.  I think somewhere along the line, soaps got a little too caught up in their own hype and let the soap press and fans dictate how stories went.  It shouldn't be like that.  Look at Shonda Rhimes.  Do you honestly think she didn't get crap for Derek dying on Grey's or George dying?  Hell no.  But she did it.  She is probably one of the most successful show runners because she does take chances.  It's literally do or die for this show and the genre as a whole. 

• Love 1
On 9/24/2016 at 3:41 PM, Chairperson Meow said:

Jason can't leave town.  He can't exist without his harem and worshippers.  At least with the BM version, I get that maybe Jason isn't comfortable with it.  Maybe BM really doesn't like the character- which is cool because Jason Morgan as he's been written literally is very boring.  However, if the writers/FV would allow another interpretation and just let the acting dictate the writing in this case, it could work.  I think somewhere along the line, soaps got a little too caught up in their own hype and let the soap press and fans dictate how stories went.  It shouldn't be like that.  Look at Shonda Rhimes.  Do you honestly think she didn't get crap for Derek dying on Grey's or George dying?  Hell no.  But she did it.  She is probably one of the most successful show runners because she does take chances.  It's literally do or die for this show and the genre as a whole. 

To be fair, Grey's Anatomy is her show. She created and it succeeded. FV, Jelly and RC (and by extension Guza and JFP) have nothing to do with the reason this show is on the air. (Guza maybe during his work in the late 90s). This show continues to make so many bad and baffling choices for all the characters, from brand spanking new to old as dirt legacies, that FV and Jelly have proven that they shouldn't make any unreversable decisions from here on out, especially with characters they didn't create.

• Love 1

Did I miss a scene or is Jason really doing nothing about the serial killer who tried to kill Monica/killed Michael's gf? I know he told Sonny to think about it or whatever bc this isn't the mob but it's so strange to see Jason doing...nothing.

The Julian thing is a different story bc they have to be playing that for drama with JaSam, right? Sam doesn't want him involved (which is ironic given her "I accept you as a killer" past), so he eventually will be?

I'm now reaching in hopes that Jason will be doing anything but the nothing he's been doing for months.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Given Jason's general shittiness during Sam's pregnancy, she could've named Danny after Ric and Jason would just have to swallow it. There are other women in Jason's family and I don't see why they can't just name the kid Lila.

Besides, Liz will probably want to use the name Emily for her daughter with Franco.

* I'm sorry, but you know it's coming. They're going to give RoHo's murderhobo a little girl 

Sure, it doesn't have to be Emily. I do think it should be Jason's choice, though. Sam already got her pick.

1. Liz's uterus should be closed for business. And a HELL NO! to Franco spawning anything.

2. I loathe Jason (and Liz and Sam are no great shakes), but - hypothetically - Jason [and Sam] has/have every right to use Emily/Umily for the spawnette, should it be a girl. (Is it? Haven't watched in forever.) Emily may have been Liz's BFF, but sister trumps friend. Liz could do it as a middle name. But she won't have to because NO MORE SPAWNS FROM LIZ'S WOMB!

• Love 2

Emily and Jason had such a solid relationship. Their scenes were always  really adorable. The only thing that  bugged me was Emily had to treat AJ like crap sometimes in the name of Jase. I hated when the show would do that. It was unnecessary.

• Love 3

They could named the baby after their mothers-  Natasha Monica Morgan.  Or Alexandra Monica Morgan.  I know Alexis isn't Alexandra, but it's close to Alexis and Alan- which honors both of them, plus Monica for, well Monica.   They could call her Alex.   That would be better than Emily imo.  

• Love 1

Jason hasn't been close to Monica or Alan since the accident so naming the baby after one of them would be somewhat...I don't know what word I'm looking for here so I'm just going to say weird. They don't need to name their baby in honor of someone anyway, they could just pick something random like Brittany. 

In the past few years, Jason has made an effort to get closer to Monica, so I don't think naming the baby after her would be odd. He's also expressed regret about how he treated Alan, so honoring him (Alan) wouldn't be amiss, either, IMO.

Jason has no memories of his parents while he was Jason Q and he's barely interacted with them during his time as Jason Morgan. He may have made an effort to build some type of relationship with Monica but I still wouldn't call them close. When people name their child after someone they know it's usually someone they have a really close relationship with, which is not what he has/had with Monica and Alan. If he wanted to name the baby after a family member Emily would make more sense to me than Alan or Monica.

8 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

They could named the baby after their mothers-  Natasha Monica Morgan.  Or Alexandra Monica Morgan.  I know Alexis isn't Alexandra, but it's close to Alexis and Alan- which honors both of them, plus Monica for, well Monica.   They could call her Alex.   That would be better than Emily imo.  

There was an Alexandria Quartermaine in 1981 who was killed during the Ice Princess story.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, UYI said:

There was an Alexandria Quartermaine in 1981 who was killed during the Ice Princess story.

Yeah, but this regime barely remembers that Jason has a brother named AJ that Sonny murdered in cold blood.  I doubt they know of any Quartermaines beyond Edward, Lila, Dillion, Tracy, Alan, and Monica tbh. 

8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

In the past few years, Jason has made an effort to get closer to Monica, so I don't think naming the baby after her would be odd. He's also expressed regret about how he treated Alan, so honoring him (Alan) wouldn't be amiss, either, IMO.

Yeah, this Jason would do that.  The scene where Jason spoke to Monica after he got his memories back was actually quite touching.  UO, but I think Miller shines in scenes with JE and LC.  When he's allowed to have that softer, repentant Jason Quartermaine edge, he becomes more of a character and less of a caricature.  Also, before Jason dock and rolled, he was on quite good terms with Monica/Alan.  He did love his parents, no matter what he showed.  That's actually something biological that should have been explained further in the show imo.  If he injured his frontal lobe during the crash with AJ, he possibly turned into a Phineas Gage sort of fellow.  Which, in some ways he was until he became a super awesome super great moral awesome yay hit man hero.  Your personality derives from the frontal lobe.  The show could've maybe pulled a proverbial rabbit out of the hat by stating that Jason's frontal lobe was hit again during the time Ava hit him with her car in the road, leading to him having a totally different personality.  But memory loss?  Not exactly. 

• Love 1

It would go a long way for me if Jason would admit that the tactics the Qs used on their family members, like buying there way out of trouble, using influence to get privileges they other ways wouldn't get and doing just about anything to protect the family are the same tactics CarSon ended up using for their family, just the Qs were smarter about it.

• Love 1

Anyone can play Jason as long as he's written in a favorable way aka Sam is #1. I still remember when BM was severely bashed by those who love him now. And it's not bc his acting/looks changed, you guys.

• Love 3

So yes, I do think Sonny has just an inkling of a conscience. He ignores it, but he has one. Not so sure Jason has one. I think the man's a sadist, who enjoys inflicting pain.

Jason's felt bad about stuff once in a while . . . he apologized to Robin about Michael. 

As for Jason being a sadist . . . eeeh. I think SBu's Jason wasn't shocked at violence, but I don't think he went out of his way to be sadistic.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Jason's felt bad about stuff once in a while . . . he apologized to Robin about Michael. 

I always feel like Jason's interactions with Robin happen in an entirely different universe than his reactions with everyone else--at least that's how SBu used to play them, to me.  BM just plays Jason like an angry frat boy 99% of the time.

• Love 2

Faith and the tarp. Only a seriously sick, twisted, and yes, sadistic, person would do that, and make no mistake: Jason enjoyed it. There was a cop waaay back in the day, who was harassing Robin because of her HIV status, and it was heavily implied Jason "took care" of him. There was Jason BEGGING Sonny to let him shoot Dante. He's a killer, through and through, and they can have this version sit around on a couch and NOT shoot people all they want: the meanness, the cruelty...it's in his eyes. They're cold and empty IMO.

Anyway, to me, crap like that is sadism, because you just know Jason makes most people suffer first. Billy Miller plays his version a lot like SBu did in that respect. He plays him like the kind of guy who LIKES inflicting pain, that and the fact that both actors are low energy mumblers. But, what the crap did Jason have to apologize to ROBIN for about Michael? What an idiot. The ONLY person he owed an apology to over Michael was AJ.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 3
On 4/19/2017 at 10:40 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

Faith and the tarp. Only a seriously sick, twisted, and yes, sadistic, person would do that, and make no mistake: Jason enjoyed it. There was a cop waaay back in the day, who was harassing Robin because of her HIV status, and it was heavily implied Jason "took care" of him. There was Jason BEGGING Sonny to let him shoot Dante. He's a killer, through and through, and they can have this version sit around on a couch and NOT shoot people all they want: the meanness, the cruelty...it's in his eyes. They're cold and empty IMO.

Anyway, to me, crap like that is sadism, because you just know Jason makes most people suffer first. Billy Miller plays his version a lot like SBu did in that respect. He plays him like the kind of guy who LIKES inflicting pain, that and the fact that both actors are low energy mumblers. But, what the crap did Jason have to apologize to ROBIN for about Michael? What an idiot. The ONLY person he owed an apology to over Michael was AJ.

Because he made Robin keep that secret and then turned on her when she outed to AJ. The only person that had any right to hold a grudge was AJ.

• Love 2
On 4/19/2017 at 7:40 PM, IWantCandy71 said:

But, what the crap did Jason have to apologize to ROBIN for about Michael?

Because she was right. He never should have pretended to be Michael's father.

• Love 2
On 4/21/2017 at 3:53 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

Because he made Robin keep that secret and then turned on her when she outed to AJ. The only person that had any right to hold a grudge was AJ.

Actually, he didn't make her do anything. She was capable of making a choice, and she made hers. She chose to stay silent because she couldn't bear the thought of losing Jason. Well first off, she should have known that if doing the right thing would cause her to lose Jason, he wasn't worth keeping. Secondly, that someone who truly cared about her, would never ask her to keep such a secret. But what really determines for me that Robin deserved no apology, is that she only ever came forward out of jealousy over Jarly and hatred for Carly. Not because she wanted to do the right thing. Not because she was morally conflicted.

33 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Actually, he didn't make her do anything. She was capable of making a choice, and she made hers. She chose to stay silent because she couldn't bear the thought of losing Jason. Well first off, she should have known that if doing the right thing would cause her to lose Jason, he wasn't worth keeping. Secondly, that someone who truly cared about her, would never ask her to keep such a secret. But what really determines for me that Robin deserved no apology, is that she only ever came forward out of jealousy over Jarly and hatred for Carly. Not because she wanted to do the right thing. Not because she was morally conflicted.

Disagree. Jason has always been a passive aggressive bitch. He had Carly live in Brenda's house, he knew that Carly was doing everything to undermine his and Robin's relationship and didn't do more to mitigate it. She deserved an apology for that.

• Love 1

Maybe Jason didn't owe Robin an apology over Opie Opus [though I personally think he did], but he definitely needed to apologize to Robin just for the blatant disrespect he showed her as the one he supposedly loved, all while he still messed around with Carly, knowing Carly disliked Robin and being well aware that he knew Carly wanted him for herself (though Lord knows why).

And, no, I don't buy the "brain damage made Jason not know it was wrong!" crap. He knew; he just wanted his cake and to eat it, too.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Yuuuuuuuuuup.  And I like Robin/Kim Mc.  Just could not stand jerrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  

• Love 1

I agree that Robin made the choice to keep the secret and she was wrong. That's why I was glad when she finally told AJ the truth (and IIRC, he was angry with her, though naturally much more with Carly and Jason.) I don't need Robin to never be in the wrong. I do need her, as a good person, to try to make it right when she recognizes that she's in the wrong. I also could not be less bothered by the fact that she was partially motivated by an urge to stick it to Carly (and Jason). She would have to be a literal saint not to take some pleasure in blowing that plaaaaan sky-high.

Anyway, Jason put her in the position of keeping that secret. He didn't force her, but it was still a shitty thing to do your girlfriend. I think it speaks well of him that he would apologize to her, even if it was years later. Very few things speak well of Jason, I'm willing to let him have this one.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

is that she only ever came forward out of jealousy over Jarly and hatred for Carly.

No, she came forward because Carly straight up proved to her she was using Michael to get Jason to "love" her. Robin didn't want Carly to take Michael away from him when she realized they would never be together romantically. So she actually did it for Jason more than herself or AJ.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I think it speaks well of him that he would apologize to her, even if it was years later.

Yep. 

I'm still confused as to why he wouldn't apologize. Again, she wanted him to tell AJ. She knew Carly was using him. He fought her on it and later realized she was correct. 

26 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

No, she came forward because Carly straight up proved to her she was using Michael to get Jason to "love" her. Robin didn't want Carly to take Michael away from him when she realized they would never be together romantically. So she actually did it for Jason more than herself or AJ.

That counts as hatred over Carly and jealousy over Jarly in my book. It was not over some moral quandary over telling AJ the truth.

22 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Yep. 

I'm still confused as to why he wouldn't apologize. Again, she wanted him to tell AJ. She knew Carly was using him. He fought her on it and later realized she was correct. 

Why are you confused? It's called a difference of opinion. We're both entitled to see it as we see it.

34 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

That counts as hatred over Carly and jealousy over Jarly in my book. It was not over some moral quandary over telling AJ the truth.

That's more protecting Jason. He didn't want protection then, though.

He told Liz that Robin kept the secret because she loved him. But that Robin knew it was wrong and that she was trying to save him from being manipulated by Carly. Jason's words.

He later told Sonny that Carly uses him with Michael because she knows he won't turn away from the kid. And that Carly believes she's fighting for "their family" and that he's ever going to love her like that. Robin knew all these things before he did. Jason eventually got the point. 

This was never about Robin's jealously over Jarly romantically. She never believed Jason was in love with Carly. If that's fan interpretation, that's fine. But it was never canon.

Edited by HeatLifer