Type keyword(s) to search

Jason Quartermaine Morgan: Patron Saint of Not Blinking

• Start Topic

Loved that Jase remembered imaginary Robin today. It's interesting that Helena never ordered him to forget her like he did with Sam, the ring, the phoenix, etc. I wonder if that will come to play down the line or the writers are just clueless.

• Love 1

I can - Knowing the lengths Jason went to protect Michael (however misguided those efforts were) and what I think was actual love Jason had for Michael, combined with Sam's love of Jason and her increasing distaste for Sonny, I would be surprised if she was anything but a Michael supporter.

What gets me is that considering Jason Morgan's history with A.J., he would have probably seen Sonny killing A.J. as protecting Michael.

Even if Sonny killed him for a crime he didn't commit and while he was unarmed, Jason would have still seen it as "justice" for all A.J. had done to his family, blah blah bullshit.

In the same way Jason was still more than willing to kill Dante even though he knew he was Sonny's biological son, if he ever believed that someone was a "threat" to his family DNA be damned.

Jason Morgan never showed much,if any, respect or appreciation for human life unless he felt like it, he was capable of killing anyone if he felt it was warranted. He even threatened Sam's life without batting an eye.

Jason never forgave A.J. for taking the kids and kidnapping Michael when he was the little red headed stepchild so I have no doubt he would have been in Sonny's corner just as much, if not more, than Carly. 

Heck, if Jason had been living when A.J. returned he probably would have threatened him to stay away from Michael "or else" to start with so the A.J. and Michael reunion might have never even happened.

• Love 1

If Jason lived, AJ would have never returned. He came back to comfort Monica. Then he said the amazing line "Well Mom, with Jason's line of work, is it any surprise that this happened? " But he still said he loved his brother and apologized for everything and showed remorse in that scene. Everyone forgets that pre-Carly lies and Sonny that AJ and Jason were close. I actually think that this Jason- disgusted with what he's done- will take Micheal's side.

Wasn't there some scene, before his "death", of Jason acknowledging that he'd done AJ wrong?  I'm on day 6 of 103+ fevers, so I could be totally imagining that, but I could swear I remember him actually being somewhat remorseful about it at some point in the not too distant past. 

What gets me is that considering Jason Morgan's history with A.J., he would have probably seen Sonny killing A.J. as protecting Michael.

That's an interesting point to ponder. Would Jason's desire to not hurt Michael overrule his sense of "justice"? I'm not sure, but I lean toward thinking that especially since Sonny promised no to kill AJ, Jason wouldn't have supported Sonny over Michael.

• Love 1

I'm leaning towards Jason Quartermorgan. It will be joyous to see Jason go revenge on Sonny and Carly. I think he will choose Monica/Micheal over Carly/Sonny.

I also like to dream. ;)

But Ron kills dreams and then allows Spencer to lisp his way through an eulogy about how fat those dreams became before death.

• Love 3
Well, Jason v. Michael would never truly be a thing because Jason always put Michael first and loved him unconditionally.

The way Sonny is speaking to and about Michael is so revolting. Carly wouldn't stand for that shit.

He loved him unconditionally. Put him first . . . if that was the case he would have told Carly not to let Sonny adopt Michael. But he let his anger at Carly distance him from Michael, imo. He left town and then never after became quite as involved with Michael again. He was always there, but he was kind of a fairy godmother hitman always looking out from him from afar. 

• Love 1

I've noticed a lot of people commenting that Jason would never know about "Titanic." Well, he made a Liza Minnelli reference in 1996 (heeeee), so I think it's completely plausible he would find out pop culture stuff from whatever chick he was with.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

Exactly. Jason was always around women! And Sonny. But mostly his women. You don't think they talked about girly stuff!? It just baffles me that people just think Jason sat around like a robot and stared at a wall. I recommend all viewers watch '90s Jason. The one who cried rivers and wrote on a piece of paper how much he loved and missed Robin.

• Love 1
I recommend all viewers watch '90s Jason.

Sorry, but I never liked Jason. It's Pavlovian for me.  :-)  Hence my joy when he "died". But hey, more for you! But yeah, I find the dude vastly overrated.

Sorry, but I never liked Jason. It's Pavlovian for me. :-) Hence my joy when he "died". But hey, more for you! But yeah, I find the dude vastly overrated.

Lol, it's not about liking Jason. I've hated the character since like, 2000/2001. I'm more discussing that I don't think Jason was always this unfeeling robotic bastard.

• Love 1

Exactly. Jason was always around women! And Sonny. But mostly his women. You don't think they talked about girly stuff!? It just baffles me that people just think Jason sat around like a robot and stared at a wall. I recommend all viewers watch '90s Jason. The one who cried rivers and wrote on a piece of paper how much he loved and missed Robin.

Heh, I know it sounds silly, but to me it's because that's what he acted like. Like SBu by the last four or five years on the show gave no evidence that he actually did anything off screen. I seriously could not picture the guy just sitting around and casually watching tv and just relaxing by himself. Relaxing with Sam reading gun magazines, sure. But by himself? Just sitting, bare feet on the couch, hanging out? Nope. I think it didn't help that I don't even recall seeing Jason in socks the last couple of years. It was just the jacket, tee shirt, jeans, and shoes.

90s Jason was a different story.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

The funniest thing is this love scene where Sam has to sneak into the prison as Brenda (Jason is there protecting Micheal ). You see KeMo doing her best, and SBu is like "Eh, it's work." Cue the damn "I said uh baaabaaay" song" then the next scene Jason is dressed and buckling his belt. We've seen nothing. So romantic. So much love. That was SBu's later Jason.

I've noticed a lot of people commenting that Jason would never know about "Titanic." Well, he made a Liza Minnelli reference in 1996 (heeeee), so I think it's completely plausible he would find out pop culture stuff from whatever chick he was with.

I vaguely remember Robin making Jason watching the English Patient, because he said something like it was "3 hours of Jax" and I lol'd (oh the 90's, when Jason was likeable and occasionally funny). I am sure Robin made him watch Titanic.

I am on board with Jakeson, but mainly because I really liked Billy Abbot. He was the best. And to me, this Jason is basically a less funny Billy Abbot in more casual apparel and with frequent brain related issues, basically a hybrid of Jason and Billy... Jasilly Morbot.

Edited by NewRadical
  • Love 2

That song is dreadful.

A major pet peeve of mine is how bad the music got on GH. I get some songs are expensive but I remember it seemed like every Friday in the 90's ended with a montage and like a hit song like there was the Smashing Pumpkins, Madonna, Bittersweet Symphony, etc.  I think JFP was responsible for the music during her time, as I think that was her thing before being EP so maybe we get rid of some of the tired songs.

Edited by NewRadical

Dude.... can JaSam get a new song since Jason has a new face and personality?

As long as it's a public domain showtune from 1921. They can't afford anything else.

• Love 4

This is the song from the Montauk scenes. I like watching Robin with Stone more than with Jason, but this song is great:

And re: JFP and songs, near the end of her tenure, I know she frequently went overbudget, and I think still using some relatively popular music had something to do with it. Hell, Lante's first love scene was set Adele's "Make You Feel My Love". Just a year or two later, Adele was so big that they would NEVER afford to play one of her songs again! 

I realize that any attempt at logic was abandoned pretty early in the Jasus resurrection story but hasn't Jason been shot about a dozen times? I know he was hurt in the car accident but he should have at least half a dozen old bullet scars that would've been used as identifying marks in the Jake Doe description.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

Facts and logic have no place here.

They are the Devil's own sputum.

I mean just because Jason got run over and had his face rearranged and somehow that meant his voice changed, as well as his height, and his weight, as well as his body build in general, oh and his hair, and even his teeth...who would notice such things anyhow?

They are the Devil's own sputum.

I mean just because Jason got run over and had his face rearranged and somehow that meant his voice changed, as well as his height, and his weight, as well as his body build in general, oh and his hair, and even his teeth...who would notice such things anyhow?

and they are too busy running DNA tests on babies. because you know, an assassin Doe killer, you wouldn't want to run SOMETHING CSI-ish through the data system well would you?

Jason for me died a few times. 

he died when his head smashed on that rock. 

He died when he couldn't or wouldn't (after so many circumstances) realise what his family went through and why/how they acted that way. Like i always found it funny how everyone is like "OH MAW GAWD, IT IS SO EVOL HOW THE Q'S WANTED THEIR SON BACK, WE WUV YOU JASON AS YOU ARE." bull. 

He died when he freaking stole his brother's kid, and then got mad when said brother stole his kid back and was going to kill brother in his parents house. 

He died when when he chose to go play mobsters with Jerry Jacks vs. stay by his dying father's bedside, and went "well. you know, might as well continue playing mobsters"

He died when his sister was murdered due to his actions/life style. and went "well you know, might as well continue playing mobsters."

He died when his nephew got shot in the head and went "well you know, this sucked, but gonna still continue playing mobsters."

by that point, I didn't give a rats behind that he threatened to kill Sam, couldn't be with his raped wife and raise the rape baby, because everything has to be about him.. Jason Morgan was an ass. Having a Jason Quartermorgan would have been awesome. Having Jason Quartermaine would be awesome (and no i don't buy that stupid dream Monica had that Jason Q would be a drug user). 

I wish they never brought him back because Jason eats up the show, and not in a great compelling storytelling way, but in a selfish butthole way. 

• Love 7

I still don't get why no one thought to do a damn blood test on Jason while he was a lump in the hospital. His DNA must be all over that lab. I've learned a few things from GH. One is always ask for a DNA test when I find an amnesiac at night.

• Love 1

Would there have been? He's known for over a month now and he hasn't exactly made an effort with or Danny. Has he even seen Danny since the day Jake had a play date with him?

I don't know. I think play dates have probably decreased in priority while he tries to figure out the rest of his life.

But 7 months ago? Yes. I think he would have

I still don't get why no one thought to do a damn blood test on Jason while he was a lump in the hospital.

I think they did do a DNA test, but Helena was able to make it so that the results were unknown. Or was that just his fingerprints? It's so stupid, like everything else about this story.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Twas his fingerprints, which they matched against the Criminal Database. Port Charles has learned to check for criminal history, but not DNA. At least Nik did.

All hope aside, all theories aside, what's the best Jason? Jason Quartermaine? Jason Morgan, in love with Robin? Jason Morgan, Stone Cold? Jason Morgan, Holy Hitman? Jason Jake Amnesiac? Or Jason Blank Slate Don't Call Me Morgan?

Only if he's AJ under the mask.

That would be the way to really either kill Sonny or rehabilitate him. Either have this Jason be AJ faking it as Jason the whole time with Carly, Monica, Tracy, Michael, and reveal offscreen that Scrubs knew as well in this unholy alliance. Hell, they can say Stephen Lars has been posing as Franco in a weird long con. Maybe they used Carter's organs in that black market scam. Carly has been picking up Sonny's meds, controlling everything in his life. Just have the Jason mask come off with AJ and Carly making out, then becoming the new Alan/Monica of PC. Revenge, bitches! Imagine, Sam and Liz both shocked and crying. No one gets Jason. Sonny stutters. Carly has stolen all of his money, booze, guns, and barware. Michael dismantled his Gummy Bear Mafia. Jason is fish food. As he should be.

• Love 1

Jason Morgan is my least favorite. It is probably why I am more outraged that Liz has been made the goat in this triangle than Liz keeping Jason's identity a secret for seven months and I am not too pleased that instead of ending Liason at least for the next few months or years, they are going ahead with stoking the Liason/Jasam wars.

Why don't I like him? I actually had no problem with Jason Q, as "boring" as he was. I do think that Jason always had the undercurrent of aggression. His first scene featured him punching out AJ for an insult (and Alan and Monica kissing his ass afterwards). While what AJ said was demeaning, the little bastard couldn't use his words and instead physically abused his older brother. However he had a broader sense of justice (verses the nuanced one he developed from Sonny) and his sense of right and wrong was more mainline. He actually tried to talk Brenda out of dating Sonny because he was a mobster. While he could be the voice of reason at times, he was not the moral arbitrator for the Qs, let alone Port Charles.

After his head met tree, he became a somewhat of nihilistic character. All those traits that made he a super awesome killer where always there, as I have a hard time believing the crash activated other parts of his brain, so the show basically said that traits like kindness, mercy and real justice were worthless and the win in life you had to become a complete sociopath (and if ability to kill someone without remorse and tell if someone is lying are any indications, which are both traits of sociopaths). So instead becoming an incredibly dynamic and skilled doctor, he became a top notch enforcer.

Maybe all of that would be fine if Guza and JFP didn't set out to make him the moral arbitrator of the show. Several instances of "Jason might of been this but he would never _______ ". Of course he wouldn't. Guza wouldn't set out to make Jason intentional look bad. He would never lie! He would never (at least purposefully) cheat on Robin! He would treat such and such with respect! Everyone would do the lying. Everyone else's character would go through the shredder, whether it would make sense or not, so Jason wouldn't have to lie or he had a good reason to snake someone else's wife (see:Courtney, Liz).

Turns out I did miss a few episodes in 2007, because Lulu did have a shred of loyalty to Lucky. When she found out about Jake's true paternity, she confronted Jason about it and told him she was going to tell Lucky about the massive paternity fraud that Liz and Jason were committing against him. Jason proceeded to give a laundry list of Lucky's bad deeds and how terrible Lucky was because he didn't decide to get sober for Cam and Liz, only his own bio kid and how Lucky made the decision to take pills. It was all true  I am not arguing that, but it really pissed me off because all of the damage Guza needed to do to Lucky in a short amount time in order to make him the goat in the Liason triangle. He didn't have the luxury of the years of character trashing he had with AJ because Lucky for the most part was "good" character who might have been the most moral among his own family. In the end Lulu changed her mind and participated in the Jake lie, so again, Jason didn't have to do any of the actual lying.

And for what? A character that even after his dramatic personality change turned out not to be very interesting on his own played merely adequate actor that got lazy. He had only a few interesting stories, mainly the story after his accident, it probably had more to do with the reactions and supporting players like Robin, Alan, AJ and the rest of the Qs than the rather dubious talents of Steve Burton.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 7

He shows more animation than SBu's Jason did, but that's not saying much. I wonder if they've decided what sort of Jason they want know. My guess is no, since Miller seems at sea most of the time.

Yeah going on 2 years now, and the character is still a cypher. I have no idea what he's thinking, what he's feeling, etc. Except when he's beating Nic's ass, and I could watch that all day. But as far as the rest? He has even less of a personality now that he's no longer reflecting Liez's pretend idea of him. It's old. And tired. And so am I, of this fakakta mess.

• Love 2

I know there are a few posts from the other day critiquing BM's delivery lately, but my computer keeps freezing up and I can't go quote them.  But it's regarding the notion that since he is Jason now, his acting hasn't changed/improved.   But he really ISN'T Jason.....yet.  Just because he is moving back towards Sam doesn't negate the fact that he STILL doesn't have all his memories.  So he ISN'T fully Jason Morgan yet.  JaSam reuniting doesn't automatically make him old Jason Morgan again.  Now, when he gets his memories back...I guess we'll see.

• Love 1

And I don't get that.  What a poor story telling decision.  It would have been compelling to see a guy disgusted with what he's done in the past and horrified that most of the people who love him seem to want him to go right back to being the friendly neighborhood hitman.  Or, hell, he should have just shown some real initiative to genuinely want to know about his past.  He's just been a blank slate, ready to be whatever each person he encounters wants him to be.  Hell, I'm surprised Helena had to use any mind control.  She could have just spent five minutes with him, being remotely nice to him, and he would have been all "OK, I'm your henchman."  

• Love 5

And I don't get that.  What a poor story telling decision.  It would have been compelling to see a guy disgusted with what he's done in the past and horrified that most of the people who love him seem to want him to go right back to being the friendly neighborhood hitman. 

I don't blame them for wanting to do something different - they did that story in '05. The problem is that they didn't do anything else