Type keyword(s) to search

Jason Quartermaine Morgan: Patron Saint of Not Blinking

• Start Topic

I hate Jason !  Have since he picked Carley and Sonny over his family. Jason doesn't lie was the biggest joke they ever wrote on this mess. I don't care who he returns as , if he returns I will never like him.Steve Burton and his selling that juice whatever , was even a bigger Ass than Jason.

• Like 1
(edited)

Jason was nothing more than a block of wood ever since he dumped Robin for telling the truth about Michael. He basically just stood around wearing a black tee shirt with his arms folded, just staring and when very emotional blinking.

The borg was a bore, perhaps when he comes back Robin will have done some medical magic and given him a decent personality.

Edited by Lillybee
  • Love 3

The only good Jason is a PERMANENTLY dead Jason, as far as I'm concerned. This show was hostage to the "great Jason Morgan" for far too long, and the show has survived without his constipated self. I have a feeling he'll return (as a recast), but frankly, I don't think his overrated ass is needed whatsoever.

• Love 4

I admit, without shame, that I loved the Robin and Jason romance, before Jason became Sonny's hitman; up until he fell for that she-beast's manipleations. (no that's not a typo).  Steve and Kim just had this amazing chemistry (which, I know, chemistry is subjective and not everyone will see what others see and vice versa), and it was just...I don't know...I was glad to see my Robin happy for awhile, after Stone's death.  Then Cujo returned and all hell broke loose.

And Jason claiming to hate lying is the biggest joke, since him staying mum and letting that beast continue the lie that he, Jason was Michael's son was a HUGE lie.

I did feel their first break up, with all that ugly crying Steve did. For all his becoming a block of wood, whenever he was around Kimberly, he just seemed to put more effort, and his eyes literally lit up and sparkled. Maybe it was because he and Kim were friends in real life as well, I dunno.  The one thing I will give him credit for was his insistence that Jason and that succubeast NOT get together after their one night stand.

• Love 3

I do hate Steve Burton, but I think he genuinely wanted Jason/Robin together. Like Jason mourning over Robin's "death" was the most emotion he gave in a while.

I'd take Jason Quartermaine back with a committed actor because Monica deserves a living child, Robin deserves to be put first for once, and I'd like to see Micheal parented decently now that AJ is allegedly dead. I want to see Jason mourn over AJ's murder and make Sonny pay. And Carly. I want to see Jason acknowledge his misdeeds to AJ and Alan and Edward and regret missing the last years of his grandfather's life. That's an awesome story.

• Love 1

I admit, without shame, that I loved the Robin and Jason romance, before Jason became Sonny's hitman; up until he fell for that she-beast's manipleations. (no that's not a typo).  Steve and Kim just had this amazing chemistry (which, I know, chemistry is subjective and not everyone will see what others see and vice versa), and it was just...I don't know...I was glad to see my Robin happy for awhile, after Stone's death.  Then Cujo returned and all hell broke loose.

And Jason claiming to hate lying is the biggest joke, since him staying mum and letting that beast continue the lie that he, Jason was Michael's son was a HUGE lie.

I did feel their first break up, with all that ugly crying Steve did. For all his becoming a block of wood, whenever he was around Kimberly, he just seemed to put more effort, and his eyes literally lit up and sparkled. Maybe it was because he and Kim were friends in real life as well, I dunno.  The one thing I will give him credit for was his insistence that Jason and that succubeast NOT get together after their one night stand.

I so agree with you Jason and Robin was a great love story, the boy with no past and the girl with no future. Both actors sold their relationship. There was a scene when Robin almost got blown up by a car bomb that SBu really showed how much he care about Robin. It may have been the last time that he emoted.

• Love 1

I will always be a Robert Redford fan after he called Stevie B the most wooden actor he had ever worked with, after Steve appeared in Redford's "The Last Castle".

And it's funny because IMHO, SBu actually was a good actor before he left in 99.  I don't know if he became bitter that his movie career was over after Last Castle bombed and he was critically panned, but aside from literally a small handful of scenes, he was awful from his 2002 return until he finally left.

• Love 3

I don't want to see Jason in any form played by any actor.I certainly don't want to have to listen to Michael talk about what a great father figure he was. How much he did for him YUCK.Jason was the original idiot. He hated those Quartermains.The ones Sonny told him were disgusting. He never lied ,yea sure. He never hurt anyone except when Sonny sent him out to kill someone. Sonny was his savior, the same way Fagin was olivers.I don't watch much anymore, but if this show goes back to the Guza days Stick a fork in me, I will be done , it is so very close to that now. The borg is exactly what he was,  better yet I will stick the fork in me myself. I have done it before. Shut the show off, and never went near any boards to see what was going on.

• Love 2

Probably the single most blissful moment I had in 45 years of watching GH was watching the Borg get shot and unceremoniously dumped in the harbor.  A lot of that was due to the fact that I could not stand SBu.  

I don't really want Borgie back, unless it is as Jason Q come to fuck with Sonny and Franco.  That I would break out the popcorn for.

• Love 5

Probably the single most blissful moment I had in 45 years of watching GH was watching the Borg get shot and unceremoniously dumped in the harbor.  A lot of that was due to the fact that I could not stand SBu.  

I don't really want Borgie back, unless it is as Jason Q come to fuck with Sonny and Franco.  That I would break out the popcorn for.

I also liked Faison for a while for doing it.

I'll take Jason Q for Monica's sake and if he's hell bent on avenging AJ's death, wants to make things up to Robin, Micheal, Monica. He has to tell Liz and Sam to kick rocks. i want him to hate Carly and Sonny too, but be a father to Danny.

Ditto. I've always had a soft spot for JnR (even though I couldn't stand Jason because of the Michael BS) and believe that Steve played Jason completely different when he was around KMc/Robin compared to other characters.

One of my favorite scenes:

I do hate Steve Burton, but I think he genuinely wanted Jason/Robin together.

I'm pretty sure he did, too. When KMc was originally leaving for good in 2012, she interviewed a bunch of cast members. When she interviewed Steve, he straight up said he wanted them to start JnR up again. I think he also said that the storylines he remembers the most are the ones he did with her.

• Love 2

Dang, they were so hot together.

Weren't they?

And when they finally made love for the first time, with her sneaking into his bedroom (after he and Brenda had survived that plane crash), the conversation should have been dry and boring and taken me out of the romantic moment, but it didn't. It was sweet...about the spermicide and condom, and when Robin looked at Jason? His answer was to cup her face in his hands and kiss her...and...sigh...

Whatever happened to that Jason? He was still salvageable and rootable at that point.

Man, that shebeast and moobster ruin EVERYTHING.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

Aw, Jason loved her so much. "I SAID DON'T TOUCH HER." So beautiful.

Steve's acting fluctuated over the years, but I always enjoyed his scenes with KMc. He would come alive. And I liked the stuff he did with Robin's "death." I especially loved some of the dialogue he had, like when he told Liz that Emma wouldn't remember how smart Robin was or the little things that made her smile. And when he told Sonny that it basically killed him because Robin died to save him and Sonny said "You know why" and Jason was like, "Yeah." Sniffles.

• Love 2

So many J&R scenes still have the ability to make me ugly cry and I don't cry easily.

I'm with you. They definitely activated the tears.

I wonder how I'm gonna feel about JnR with BM in the role. So far, KMc has an excellent track record (IMO) with generating chemistry with all her dudes.

• Love 1

I an not looking forward to a Jason return. He ate the show for years and now it's looking like the Sonny and Jason Show with sides of Carly and that was the version of GH that I couldn't stand and while I usually like Laura Wright, I don't like her entitled junior high mean girl Carly at all.

I think Jason and Robin scenes always clicked. Steve Burton could act but he became more and more wooden as time went by.

In honor of the JnR mood I've been in this week, I've been watching a bunch of their old scenes. I loved these from late 2011 when Robin went to Jason to help her leave town because she thought she was going to die. Loved when Jason held her hand and talked about the bridge. "It's too soon to jump."

I also liked that they had him donate money for the bridge. I always thought the show did a really good job of keeping JnR's lifelong connection present without making it romantic or sexual. They'll always be friends and important to each other no matter what. Nothing will break it. Ahhh. I'm just so looking forward to their upcoming scenes with BM as Jase.

• Love 2

Oh HeatLifer Thank you for those scenes! I missed them the first time around because I was in the hospital undergoing surgery...

Wonderful, emotional, even if Burton looked downright fugly. And that Hair!

Of COURSE the shebeast had to come in and ruin it, marking Jason as her territory, per usual...only she's allowed to be his friend and confide in him. So glad he told her to basically STFU and didn't betray Robin's confidence.

And man was Kimberly just gorgeous in these scenes?! I have a newfound hatred for everyone on the crew whoever, that is responsible for making Robin look as unattractive as possible ever since she returned alive.

A big OLE CAN of FUCKYOUANDDIAFF.

Bitter? Who, me? Whatever would give you that idea?

• Love 5

If the rumors/spoilers

there's an accident that requires surgery & the change in Jason's looks

are true, I now wonder if they will have any scenes together.

I'm assuming KMc will eventually have scenes with BM when she films again. Because I don't think this storyline will come to a head or be able to come to a conclusion until everything has been revealed.

GHScorpiosRule, I can't stand Carly, and I especially think she is a complete moron when it comes to her dislike of Robin, but I think over the years she began to accept and semi-understand JnR's history and relationship. Obviously, a lot of that had to do with Robin not really being a threat anymore in terms of Jason's romantic attention (Sam and Liz got that hell in the past decade and longer), but I also think she started to respect Robin (as much as Carly could) being a doctor who had a hand in helping A LOT of her family members.

I really liked Carly's appropriate reaction to Robin's "death." I think she told Johnny that while they couldn't stand each other, Jason loved Robin. And then she rushed to the hospital to be with Jason and yelled at Sam for keeping the news from him. She said, "Don't you know their history!?" Which was cute coming from Carly, really. That she was the person who knew and acknowledged JnR's love and importance to each other.

And I liked that Carly wanted to bury the hatchet a few months ago when Robin came back.

I'm actually really looking forward to Carly/Robin's relationship after everyone knows Jase is alive.

GHScorpiosRule, I can't stand Carly, and I especially think she is a complete moron when it comes to her dislike of Robin, but I think over the years she began to accept and semi-understand JnR's history and relationship. Obviously, a lot of that had to do with Robin not really being a threat anymore in terms of Jason's romantic attention (Sam and Liz got that hell in the past decade and longer), but I also think she started to respect Robin (as much as Carly could) being a doctor who had a hand in helping A LOT of her family members.

I really liked Carly's appropriate reaction to Robin's "death." I think she told Johnny that while they couldn't stand each other, Jason loved Robin. And then she rushed to the hospital to be with Jason and yelled at Sam for keeping the news from him. She said, "Don't you know their history!?" Which was cute coming from Carly, really. That she was the person who knew and acknowledged JnR's love and importance to each other.

And I liked that Carly wanted to bury the hatchet a few months ago when Robin came back.

The HELL she did. It was all plotty, plotty, and I didn't believe a word coming out of her mouth.

Did you see how she buried the hatchet? By accusing Robin of being selfish AGAIN, for leaving her family after two years, without her knowing SHIT about anything.  I loved Robin's line to her about how the shebeast would get on her knees and kiss Robin's feet, if she knew why she was leaving, or words to that effect.

Sorry, but she always threw how Robin was jealous that she, Robin could never give Jason a child, while she did...hell, that second video you posted shows how she's still jealous that Jason loved Robin, but not her, in the sexual/romantic way she's always wanted and always will want.

Pfft. White trash, beast who has no fucking self awareness. And is constantly marking her territory.

• Love 3

LOL. Trust me, I agree with everything you wrote. Carly was jealous of every woman who took Jason's attention, Robin obviously included. But I do believe that over the years, at least medically, she turned to Robin and expected her to save Jason. And I do believe she was grateful for that. And she should continue to be grateful once she finds out about Jase being alive thanks to Robin.

Carly was jealous of every woman who took Jason's attention, Robin especially included. But I do believe that over the years, at least medically, she turned to Robin and demanded that she save Jason. And I do believe she EXPECTED nothing else but success for that. And she should continue to be grateful once she finds out about Jase being alive thanks to Robin.

There, I fixed that for you.

The only time that beast will acknowledge Robin's importance in Jason's life is if she thinks Robin is dead. We saw that two years ago. And again, I didn't buy her "grief" except maybe feeling sads because Jason was sads.

• Love 1

I dunno, I do believe that Robin saving Jason's life meant something to Carly. And I think this time she should be kissing Robin's ass for sacrificing everything for Jason AGAIN. That doesn't mean Carly isn't still a beast, though. Ha.

I dunno, I do believe that Robin saving Jason's life meant something to Carly. And I think this time she should be kissing Robin's ass for sacrificing everything for Jason AGAIN. That doesn't mean Carly isn't still a beast, though. Ha.

Oh absolutely, but she expects Robin or Stephen, Patrick, etc. to FIX him on her demand, and is never ever grateful. The only time she is when it's Jake. In short, she feels like she is Jason's wife, bestie, lover, be all and end all, and everyone should be trying their hardest to make sure they do what she has demanded. When really, she is NONE of those things except in her own delusional mind.

I saw this article where Billy's talking how he's approached taking on the role of Jason: https://tv.yahoo.com/news/miller-puts-own-spin-longtime-gh-character-184136420.html

He didn't say anything that took me by surprise, what a shock he's playing Jason his way in his acting style, but I did take note of the people he said he's most looking forward to/wanting to work with, Maurice and Roger and Tony.

So in other words...seeing Jakson bond with Liz over gingersnaps and Cam's history homework will just be the beginning of unbearable "Jason" scenes to come.

Jason and Sonny, Jason and Luke/notLuke and even Jason and Franco...*shudders*

• Love 1

I just read it as he's bored, he'll like to work with more than one actor. 

Also surprising is that he said 

However, Miller looks forward to the day when Jason's past collides with his present.

"It really does offer up some great story if we decide to go there. I really hope that's how we explore this because I feel like that might be more my strength," he said.

So his strength is not playing a buffoon with impressive pop fiction knowledge? Sorry buddy, but both Jasons were hella boring. Most people forget this about Jason Q. His blandness is he was turned into Jason Morgan and why he was so well received. But between the two, Jason at least had an edge. He didn't emote but the stoic persona was a deliberate characterization.

• Love 1

I can get why he'd like to work with some of the other actors, say Kelly or Laura or how about Leslie or even Chad, but to pick those three...with Ron headlining the scripts it'd be hell, I already know it.

I can already imagine Maurice and Billy in a scene together...that just has train wreck written all over it imo.

So his strength is not playing a buffoon with impressive pop fiction knowledge?

Who knew?

And from that quote it sounds like he wants to play Jason getting his memory back, especially if he wants to be paired up with Maurice/Sonny and Roger/Franco.

The whole bit about "playing more to his strength" I guess he means the angst and drama sure to be had by all. Certainly there was a good amount of that during his stint as Billy Abbott on Y&R.

I wonder though if he realizes that he does not, repeat does not, have the same writing team here...he'll learn soon enough I'm sure.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

Of course he's going to put his own spin on the character. I read that as he is not Steve Burton, nor will he pretend to be. The character has had a surprisingly slow introduction, so I'm not fully judging for a while. Jason is an established character, so it's not a new character like Nina, Dr O clan, etc being thrown in our faces. My only gripe is he hasn't had a scene with Monica. Which is dumb imo since she was one of his doctors.

As far as who he wants to work with, I got that as he probably as heard those three are known as the top three he hasn't worked with in soaps yet. So obviously, he'd want scenes with him. Since he's playing Jason, it's not a far stretch. Eventually he's going to have to have scenes with Sonny/Franco, probably Luke too.

Honestly, I wish people would at least let this play out. I get Ron isn't the most trustworthy writer all the time, but dude. The actor is very competent. People said for years they wanted Steve Burton gone. He's gone. We have a better actor. Enjoy it.

• Love 2

Every actor that comes on the show always cites Mo and Tony as actors they want to work with. I guess RHo has now also entered that sacred circle, in my opinion undeservedly so. If I was an actor, he is the last person I would want to work given his propensity to try to pull focus and insert ham into scenes where it shouldn't be.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

I'd actually put RoHo in there. This role isn't his best, but he is amazing given good material . His quiet scenes with MSt, which is subpar material, are great. His work as Todd on PP, in 2012, and in various times was damn near perfect. Considering the type of actor Billy Miller is and that he's friends with MSt, I'd think he wants to work with RoHo. Hell, who's he going to say he wants to work with? The kid who plays Spencer?

Notice he did not mention JT.

The actor is very competent. People said for years they wanted Steve Burton gone. He's gone. We have a better actor. Enjoy it

I didn't like Steve when he first came on the show, he has never impressed me in anything and I couldn't stand Jason Q back then either.

For two decades I've wanted Steve gone and Jason dead, and I still want Jason dead. The only good Jason is a dead one in my mind.

And frankly I don't care how good of an actor Billy may or may not be, and while he's alright I am personally not blown away by him either. 

And the sheer fact alone that he is playing Jason is enough for me to not enjoy anything about him being on this show for the moment. I am never going to give Jason a second chance regardless of whomever steps into the role. 

Unless they want to lock him away to rot alongside Sonny for the rest of his life or just put a bullet in his skull he's useless in my eyes. G

Jason has been given too many get out jail free cards already in his miserable lifetime.

I am sick and tired of seeing it. I am fed up with seeing other characters get passed over and destroyed and written so that they're utterly unrecognizable while the golden boy hardly even gets a slap on the wrist for being a murderer, a killer, a baby snatcher, a backstabber to his own brother, no.

No thanks, I see nothing enjoyable about another such go around.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 1

http://despairintheafternoon.wordpress.com/2014/12/08/a-good-minion-is-a-gift-that-keeps-giving/#comment-9931

lmao at this

St. Jason is suddenly looking much Jason-like, by the way. Expanding neck size? Check. Hair sticking straight up in the front like he’s just been electrocuted? Check. Dark t-shirt and jeans? Check. I mean, it’s not black, but I guess some minor brainwashing is bound to have an affect on a man’s personal style.

• Love 1

Why is it the Idiot who writes*I use the word sparingly* , this show, cannot see when he falls in the pot of poo just drops it. Britt and brad actually make me watch. and NOT FF. . I have been reading , but I haven't yet watched any since Thanksgiving . I try to talk myself into it, but I can't, I just can't let myself be sucked in once again. And mostly because this is the Jason thread. I would be happy to see Faison put another bullet in him, and this time make quite sure he is dead. The only Jason I want to see is DEAD Jason.

Edited by testardo
  • Love 1

Yeah. Billy Miller comes off great in this interview. He must go to the Maura West school of interviews. I actually don't hate that he's Jason, as they've taken the most unlikeable character and given him a portrayer that's likeable and can convert that to a character. He isn't mimicking, which is what I think most recasts would do.