Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Secret Celebrity Edition #102

• Start Topic

Three new stars strut their way from Tinseltown to the main stage of "RuPaul’s Celebrity Drag Race” to perform in a musical inspired by the cult classic "9 to 5". Alyssa Edwards, Trinity the Tuck and Asia O'Hara guest star.

Airs May 1, 2020.

Love! First, actual celebrities that I know (and I love Loni!) Alyssa Edwards! Dolly Parton! I mean. I would be thrilled if this was a short, once a year event. All in all, combined with the Mothership episode, a sincerely enjoyable and uplifting evening of tv, much needed right now.

• Love 10

I knew there was there was no way Ms. Vanessa Williams was going home without the win, but my favorite was Tami. She nailed Jane Fonda completely in the Rusical.  This was such a fun episode--I absolutely loved it. Miles better than last weeks episode.

• Love 7
(edited)

During the dance rehearsals they were talking about how seriously Vanessa Williams was taking learning the routine,  but she really shows you why when you see the performance and you see what a smart performer she is in any medium.  She absolutely nailed Dolly Parton— as somebody who’s pretty obsessed with Dolly herself and has seen Dolly perform a lot, on stage Vanessa got all sorts of even smaller things right, particularly in smiles and expressions— like I bet before the performance she really seriously studied tapes of Dolly.  Wow, now I have a fan-boy fantasy of Vanessa and Dolly doing a number together some day!

I loved Loni and Tami, too.  Tami was the one I knew least about, but she seems interesting.  She was so strong in the first half of the show I thought she might even win, and I liked her Jane Fonda, but I actually wasn’t a fan of her runway look— it looked a little too all over the place but that’s likely more from Alyssa’s help (who did look good when she came out on the runway in the giant bow outfit).  Loni felt like she did the best LSFYL— she didn’t do flips and death drops, but she really knew how to sell the song.

Edited by bobbyjoe
  • Love 4

Tami Roman will always be the girl from the Real World LA to me ("IT WASN'T NOT FUNNY!"), so it cracks me up whenever I see her do anything else because I never expected anyone from those MTV shows to have any kind of career in the spotlight.

Not surprisingly, Vanessa was the best overall. She looked amazing, her Dolly performance was fun because she really inhabited the character, and her LSFYL was the most relaxed. I expected no less from her because she is a pro, but I still loved seeing how well she did.

Heh, and she deserved to win just for keeping her shoes on!

Loni was great in the rusical. For someone who was so tentative and worried during rehearsal, she did so well in the performance. She knew her choreography and she really sold her performance. She looked like she was nervous and thinking too much during the LSFYL though.

• Love 7

I agree with everybody.  This should have been the first episode.

I am a big Vanessa Williams fan.  

Here IMDb profile says it all.  

She's ultra talented and overcame controversy like no one else.

She definitely brought some pedigree credentials to the competition.

As a former Miss America, she probably could have taught some of the queens a thing or two about ruling the runway.  Her Dolly was spot on.699a0346.thumb.jpg.e083b6530aa92afffde0fde7077c2e29.jpg

This production was probably the most watchable episode in the Celebrity Drag franchise.

• Love 7

This was fantastic. I hope it’s more representative of the season than last week’s. Agree that Vanessa deserves the win because her runway look was better & she kept her shoes on. Tami really did nail Jane. There were envelopes some points where I thought her face looked just like Jane’s I knew nothing about Tami but I loved her. If some queen doesn’t come on original recipe drag race with the name Miss...Shaunita Cocktail soon, I will be personally offended. 

• Love 2

Oh my gosh, I was beyond thrilled to see Vanessa Williams! I absolutely adore her and think she’s gorgeous. I knew of Lonnie but not the other gal but I am so excited that they were thrilled to be there.

Loni looked a bit like Latrice Royale to me. LOL. I loved how emotional she was. I really thought that she was going to be the winner because it seemed to be telegraphed that way to me.

I think it’s wonderful that women are being involved in this and I hope it also is an annual event, as another poster hoped.

I enjoyed the first episode a lot more than others did but this one was even better. Asia is gorgeous, Trinity is one of my favorites, and it was great to see fan favorite Alyssa Edwards in action.

As for the "contestants", I wasn't familiar with Tami but she is very funny and entertaining. I think they all did great and picked great charities. I have a particular fondness for Dress for Success so it was cool that they got some love.

Looking forward to the rest of the episodes!

• Love 3

Agree - this should have been the first episode.  Any of the three contestants could have won and Vanessa was a great Dolly.  I think Loni's performance as Lily Tomlin was hilarious but agree that her lip sync was too timid.  Tami was hugely better than I expected her to be so that was a pleasant surprise.

• Useful 1
On 5/2/2020 at 8:21 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Tami Roman will always be the girl from the Real World LA to me ("IT WASN'T NOT FUNNY!"), so it cracks me up whenever I see her do anything else because I never expected anyone from those MTV shows to have any kind of career in the spotlight.

OMG - I didn't connect her to Real World Tami!!! Ha! I couldn't place her at all and didn't realize she was able to build a longer career from that start! Kudos to her!

I agree with everyone - Vanessa Williams is a superstar! Love her! she totally deserved the win. Seeing her made me thing that Ugly Betty may need to be my next random past show binge! 

Loni was great too. Really all three made this an amazing episode. I can understand why they would want to start with men for the pilot - but this ep was way better. And there male quick drag challenge was hilarious!!!

• Love 4
On 5/4/2020 at 5:38 AM, slaterain said:
On 5/2/2020 at 4:21 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

OMG - I didn't connect her to Real World Tami!!! Ha! I couldn't place her at all and didn't realize she was able to build a longer career from that start! Kudos to her!

I couldn't figure out why she looked so familiar when I had never watched her show (Basketball Wives?).  Thank you!  I can't believe it's the same person from Real World.  She doesn't look any older!

• Love 3