Type keyword(s) to search

Carly Corinthos-Jacks: Ruining Lives Since 1996

• Start Topic

SJB's Carly was much better written at the time and portrayed some semblance of soul despite the things she did... until she got possessive over Jason and then things took a definite downturn. I think ulkis is right and Guza absolutely wanted to go there with Jason/Carly -- I mean, that confrontation between Carly and Robin when Carly's in a fucking fur coat and laying into Robin about how honest she is with Jason, if she wants a fur coat she just tells him and he gets her a fur coat, while Robin is manipulative and too in love with the idea of 'teaching' him how to live up to Robin's lofty standards.

I mean, I sided with Robin because I liked Robin way more than Carly and did think that the Robin/Jason romance was beautifully done but it was obvious that Guza wrote that confrontation for Carly to win.

By the by, that scene is one of many reasons it irks and vexes me when anyone tries to suggest that Carly Roberts is anything like Blair Cramer. Just... no.

• Love 5

That was the rumor... I don't know if I believe that one or not. It just seems stupid. And then it just got weirder with him over the years. SB became like GH's version of RoHo -- why won't he do love scenes? What does he really feel about his leading ladies? What's the story, Morning Glory?

And as far as the boards went, the possible reasons behind this that or the other took over the actual story in a lot of cases.

I think it was part of it. I think for some reason Sarah Brown just took Steve out of his comfort level and he didn't want to work that intimately/often with her.

Damn, Carly um really has a lot of nerve.

And may I ask what happened to SB? He was adorable when he was younger. Now he's got crazy eyes. SK has aged, but he's still handsome.

1st Carly is clearly the best Carly. God, the other Carlys....no.

Imo, SK has crazy eyes too. So does Leslie Charleson. Guess it runs in the "family". ;)

• Love 2

I think for some reason Sarah Brown just took Steve out of his comfort level and he didn't want to work that intimately/often with her.

That I can buy. Sarah Brown was a powerhouse. And I remain infinitely bitter that her Carly and AJ didn't make a legit go of it. I wasn't that enamored of SK's AJ but I really loved Billy Warlock's AJ and the way he and Carly developed this very very real friendship... it should have led to real love. They should have been a latter day Alan/Monica.

And then they didn't revisit it when they got SK back because, damn, he and LW's Carly had legit chemistry and I can't say that about 98% of her pairings. (I do think she and Ingo have chemistry... and that's painful to say because I love him so much and can't stand her. By the same token, I didn't think she and RoHo had any.) I honestly do believe that the only thing that might have dragged Carly out of the morass of the last fifteen years was a legitimate rebuilding of her relationship with AJ.

As it stands, it's just more of the same shit.

• Love 6

Wasn't the rumor that SB had a crush on Kimberly based on a picture of Jason and Robin lying on a bed (with their clothes on) and Jason was, shall we say, enthused?

Yes, the old gossip at TWOP had something about that. There was a screencap posted from the Montauk "love" (they didn't actually have sex that night) scene. Here's the video, right at the beginning:

To be fair, though, I've heard this can happen to actors in love scenes unintentionally, even when they are married and have no intention of being with that particular actress.

Quick question:

Someone who was watching back then, was Tamara's Carly the one the least obsessed with riding Jason's dick, compared to Sarah's and especially Laura's?

Someone who was watching back then, was Tamara's Carly the one the least obsessed with riding Jason's dick, compared to Sarah's and especially Laura's?

Yeah, I'd say so.  I feel like TB's Carly was the height of the Sonny/Carly pairing so, while she nagged Jason a whole lot, I don't think it was because she wanted to fuck him.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

And then they didn't revisit it when they got SK back because, damn, he and LW's Carly had legit chemistry and I can't say that about 98% of her pairings. (I do think she and Ingo have chemistry... and that's painful to say because I love him so much and can't stand her. By the same token, I didn't think she and RoHo had any.) I honestly do believe that the only thing that might have dragged Carly out of the morass of the last fifteen years was a legitimate rebuilding of her relationship with AJ.

Amen.  They were so amazing in every scene together.  From the minute she passed out in shock at seeing him to when they did actually sleep together.  They really should have been screwing around all over town after that.  Can't stand each other, but can't keep their hands off each other either.  I especially loved how he got roped into playing them up to throw Todd off

But, NOOOOOO.....We had to get LW and RoHo's AMAZINGBALLS CHEMISTRY!!!!  Which has since died an ignominious death.

• Love 4

Laura's Carly certainly seems to be the worst in that regard. I mean, the scenes posted with JB's short-lived Carly she seemed to be overly attached but Laura's strikes me as the most obsessed. Sarah's Carly actually did bang him and then attached herself to him through Michael so I get that, and it also seemed to be a major story point at the time.

I have to be completely honest, my utter hatred of LW's Carly came from one of those Soapnet promos when she first came on. It was all about Love and Soulmates on the various shows and there was a clip of her saying that Carly very definitely had a soulmate but it wasn't Sonny, it was Jaaaasooon in this sing-song dreamy tone. Ugh! I think the first time I saw that I literally said out loud 'Fuck you!' Pretty much solidified my decision to not watch GH for any period of time. It was such a combination of things... my absolute hatred of the Unholy Threesome in the first place but to have her come on and coo about how Jason was really Carly's soulmate. Vomit.

• Love 2
Wasn't the rumor that SB had a crush on Kimberly based on a picture of Jason and Robin lying on a bed (with their clothes on) and Jason was, shall we say, enthused?

I remember that! Yeah, his enthusiasm was quite visible.

• Love 1

I hate all carley's because they destroyed AJ.Billy Warlock was the one I liked best. He out acted Sonny without trying. I think when she put him in the bucket, poured booze on him ,after he was clean. That was it. Carley could come up with the cure for cancer I would still hate her. Carley has  done sooo many evil things to the other characters. I will never like her. The more I write this I am wondering WTH I even bother with this show.I don't like anyone, I get so seldom many days I want to watch, and Right now I have a rotten cold and can't go to the gym. Sorry I hope I don't ruin the show for others, but we ,who have been watching a long time know.Sonny will never get his, and carley will also win.Michael will pay he will be destroyed for a week, and then forget it say Sonny does it out of love.yuck.

• Love 3

Carly had a brief period as a fascinating character early in SJB's tenure. She was always doing despicable things and her excuse for wanting revenge on Bobbie was always stupid. But for a time you could see she had real insecurities and vulnerabilities, and it seemed like she might eventually pay for all her scheming and at that point might learn her lesson.

Around the time she started acting entitled to get Jason away from Robin - and showed no remorse for playing a huge part in Tony's mental breakdown - the character was ruined.

Tony, AJ, Robin, and even Jason in a way (he didn't even get to keep playing dad to Michael, lost true love with Robin, and STILL couldn't shake Carly) paid way more than Carly ever did for the mess she made. And she just keeps rolling along, fucking up Jax's life, fucking up her kids' lives ... Ugh.

• Love 2

Oh Lordy. I cringe re-watching this because it reminds me how much I hated Carly and Robin sneering at each other over Jason, while Jason acted so above it all. Like, ladies, stop having these half-hour long arguments over the most boring dude to walk the earth.

By the end of the Robin/Jason/Carly triangle, I wanted a giant boulder to fall on all three of them. (Then Robin told the Mikey secret, and I liked her again, especially for moving the damn story along!)

• Love 1

Ugh. The panic room story was fucked up and vile. Ric should have been in jail forever for that. (Of course, now the show seems to have a kidnapping story every other MONTH instead of once every other year or few years - seriously, wtf?)

I have to say, if I were Carly, I'd be fairly pissed that Sonny didn't kill Ric for this. You marry into the mob, and you can't even get your husband to kill for you when you get chained to a wall and threatened with death and baby-stealing by a sicko? Geez. Sonny can't get enough of threatening people with death, so I can't believe Ric got a pass for this.

• Love 2

I hate Carley the S%^&  Ric put her through Hooray. To bad TIIC made Ric so evul to Liz because you had two actual talented actors on screen who brought it.I never like Liason not because of RH but because I hate Jason.

• Love 1

Oh Lordy. I cringe re-watching this because it reminds me how much I hated Carly and Robin sneering at each other over Jason,

For me, on the other hand, it reminded me of a time when two characters could have an argument and there would be at least a little bit of truth to what both of them were saying, and a viewer could come away still liking both of them.

• Love 2

I actually don't  want it (Sonny's backstory) change.Shitty childhoods make for some shitty people, it is why it impressive when someone raises above it. It still didn't give him the right to do whatever the fuck he wanted.

This is true, Ambrosefolly, but conversely I can see the appeal of making it that Sonny was a bad seed all along, if only because that truly does make him Carly's soulmate. Bobbie gave Carly up for adoption to spare her from having a shitty childhood being raised in a whorehouse, and she still became the monster we all know, and mot of us hate.

Seeing Carly arrested and thrown in jail today was simply wonderful.

It really made my week.  Watching her deliver that insanely ridiculous rant ("Franco is a SERIAL KILLER and a menace to society!  My having excused his behavior until he did something horrible to me is besides the point!") only for her face to fall when she was getting cuffed was delicious.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

It really made my week.  Watching her deliver that insanely ridiculous rant ("Franco is a SERIAL KILLER and a menace to society!  My having excused his behavior until he did something horrible to me is besides the point!") only for her face to fall when she was getting cuffed was delicious.

If its that good I may even watch it. We know she won't stay.

Was just watching some 1999 clips and I'm really, really curious if Carly will still blame Robin about Mikey.

Of course she will! that SheBeast blames Robin for EVERYTHING that goes wrong in her (Beast's) life. Because everything circles back to Robin telling AJ that Michael was his son.  She'll blame Robin for Jason not remembering her, because Robin didn't let her or the moobster know Jason was alive, and they could have saved him, and he wouldn't be an amnesiac right now. Instead, he's staying with Liz. Another rival for Jason's affections.

Silly HeatLifer.

Well, Jason is always different story.

But for Carly to still believe that it was the right decision to lie about Mikey would be interesting. The choice has backfired on her.

Edited by HeatLifer

But for Carly to still believe that it was the right decision to lie about Mikey would be interesting. The choice has backfired on her.

Well, yes, WE know that; have always known that. But the SheBeast is still harping how Ava "manipulated" Sonny into killing AJ, so that TOTES validates her dumbass plan to steal Michael away from AJ.

As do ninety percent of Carly's "ppplllaaannnsss!!!"

• Love 1

Yeah, it has, but she still thinks Sonny killing AJ should be forgiveable and she'd lie all over again if she could. I don't think Carly's capable of seeing fault in her choices. Only when she'd call it her being impulsive.

• Love 1

Did anyone else find Carly's story about her relationship with Jason delusional or the writers being...the writers? From her saying that the reason her and Jason didn't work out romantically was because she "sabotaged" it (uh, you mean he was in love with Robin?) to Sam's "jealously" (uh, Sam didn't think Jason was going to run off with Snarles), I was slightly confused. And her bitching about Ric when she was about to marry FRANCO was classic.

Edited by HeatLifer

Did anyone else find Carly's story about her relationship with Jason delusional or the writers being...the writers? From her saying that the reason her and Jason didn't work out romantically was because she "sabotaged" it (uh, you mean he was in love with Robin?) to Sam's "jealously" (uh, Sam didn't think Jason was going to run off with Snarles), I was slightly confused. And her bitching about Ric when she was about to marry FRANCO was classic.

The beast be on a whole new level of WTF!!

• Love 2

Oddly, while it was total BS, I found it kind of in character for Carly.  Of course, she'd portray it as Jason being more into her than he ever really was.  The only part that didn't ring true was that she said she sabotaged it.  I'm surprised she just didn't go with blaming Robin and/or Liz for ruining her romantic prospects with him. 

• Love 1

It's in character for her to be crazy delusional about the past, yes, but it's also something that isn't being questioned, you know? Jake just takes her word for everything and that's that. So if you're a relatively new viewer, what Carly is saying is fact and that's scary.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

It's in character for her to be crazy delusional about the past, yes, but it's also something that isn't being questioned, you know? Jake just takes her word for everything and that's that. So if you're a relatively new viewer, what Carly is saying is fact and that's scary.

If I got things I wanted, when Jason gets his memory back, he'd correct her version of events. But this show is not remotely about me getting things I want, so...

• Love 2

If I got things I wanted, when Jason gets his memory back, he'd correct her version of events. But this show is not remotely about me getting things I want, so...

Lol, I feel you. Minus a few things, everything that's happening on-screen is made of my nightmares.

Carly, if you can't take it, don't dish it out. And while Liz's taste in men is questionable, she hasn't gotten together with a SERIAL KILLER who facilitated the rape of her son. 

As aggravating as that was, it also wasn't surprising. Like most bullies, Carly's awesome at telling people wha's wrong with them and how they suck, but she also has amazingly thin skin when it comes to having people tell her stuff about herself. Even when it's technically behind her back, like when Robin and....I want to say Brenda, but I could be wrong...were talking about her and one of them called her 'that girl.' As incredibly flawed as Ric is, he's probably much more aware that he's an asshole than Carly ever could be, and that's why I can tolerate him and can't deal with her, even when she's unhappy. Because the reason that she's unhappy is because she fucked her own life up. Much like Sami Brady on Days, Carly is not only the author of most of her own problems, she's also the one who perpetuates them.

Edited by Cobalt Stargazer
  • Love 2

Probably she had that convo with Sam, since Sam is the only other lady to bed all three of those guys. I think at one point Sam and Jason were broken up, and Carly taunted her about screwing things up with all three men (as if Sonny or Jason were any great prize).

Probably she had that convo with Sam, since Sam is the only other lady to bed all three of those guys. I think at one point Sam and Jason were broken up, and Carly taunted her about screwing things up with all three men (as if Sonny or Jason were any great prize).

Yep:

That said, I guess she said something like that to Coleman, too.