Type keyword(s) to search

Carly Corinthos-Jacks: Ruining Lives Since 1996

• Start Topic

I hate all of them. Sarah I liked on Cold Case so maybe it is the character. LW I liked on the other soap she was on, as Carly who can like this self centered character ?  Carly is scum. And that's actually a compliment for her. It brings her up a few notches with me. TB drove me nuts with her hands on her hips and I did FF and go to the barge through a LOT of it.

• Love 1

My favorite Carly is a tie. SJB and Tamara Braun. SJB for the raw, survivor, street-brat quality she had, and Tamara for the vulnerability and emotional growth she brought to the character (which was completely undone when LW took over the role). Both women are great actresses.

I like LW in the role, even if I don't like the choices the writers have made for her character, but now, with Sonny and Carly reunited???? I'm done. As far as Carly is concerned, I'm on the Barge, until further notice.

Jennifer Bransford? Well....all I can say is that she was the worst regeneration of Carly....and that whenever her character was onscreen, hubby and I would neigh. Worst recast, evah!

• Love 2

Dandesun's awesome post about how much Carly takes in her friendship with Jason caused me to search for this:

Thank you, Sam.

And of course, Carly losing her shit when she finds out that Jake was Jason's son, and calling Liz pathetic for giving Jake Jason's initials (Jacob Martin). Ummmm, Carly...your son is named Morgan. Those who live in glass houses...

That said, "You made a baby, any bitch in heat can do that" will never NOT be funny, ever. 

• Love 1

God, talk about everything that is vile about Carly in that first vid. Why can't she close her lips over her mouth? Why does she grimace at Sam the entire freaking time? What is wrong with her hair?! And the constant 'Josslyn could be missing' -- I vaguely remember reading about this on the boards at the time. Was she? Was Josslyn actually missing? Was Carly vindicated in her "I have a bad feeling, Jason fix it!" crap?

I actually remember people at TWoP bitching about Carly justifying it all with her 'could be' and 'might' and 'maybe' -- augh. And was this during the Franco stuff? You know, the guy Carly is currently sleeping with and engaged to?

Haaaaaate.

• Love 1

God, talk about everything that is vile about Carly in that first vid. Why can't she close her lips over her mouth? Why does she grimace at Sam the entire freaking time? What is wrong with her hair?! And the constant 'Josslyn could be missing' -- I vaguely remember reading about this on the boards at the time. Was she? Was Josslyn actually missing? Was Carly vindicated in her "I have a bad feeling, Jason fix it!" crap?

I actually remember people at TWoP bitching about Carly justifying it all with her 'could be' and 'might' and 'maybe' -- augh. And was this during the Franco stuff? You know, the guy Carly is currently sleeping with and engaged to?

Haaaaaate.

No, Josslyn was never taken. It was during the Franco stuff. Franco was in Hawaii the whole time stalking Jasam but he left some vague note at Carly's and she flew to Hawaii and barged in and begged Jason to come back to Hawaii because Joss was in danger but Jason was like get the fuck out so she left. But if Jasam HAD left with her then Franco wouldn't've messed with them so in a way she was vindicated, bleh. Alexis also got a kick-ass scene where she got to tell Carly off that month. NLG won the Emmy for it.

August 2011, or as I like to call it, "that one month when Garin Wolf wasn't too bad".

And of course, Carly losing her shit when she finds out that Jake was Jason's son, and calling Liz pathetic for giving Jake Jason's initials (Jacob Martin). Ummmm, Carly...your son is named Morgan. Those who live in glass houses...

I remember Maurice Benard was against naming him Morgan . . . I forget whether Tamara was too.

Edited by ulkis

No, Josslyn was never taken. It was during the Franco stuff. Franco was in Hawaii the whole time stalking Jasam but he left some vague note at Carly's and she flew to Hawaii and barged in and begged Jason to come back to Hawaii because Joss was in danger but Jason was like get the fuck out so she left. But if Jasam HAD left with her then Franco wouldn't've messed with them so in a way she was vindicated, bleh.

I thought Carly's whining about Joss possibly being missing in that clip was during the time she and Jax were fighting over custody of Joss.  Isn't this around the time Sonny accidentally shot Robin because Robin wouldn't let Sonny murder Jax in her house?

Also, I actually always thought the idea was that Franco threatened Josslyn knowing that Carly would run to Jason and that's how Franco found Jason and Sam in Hawaii.

Edited by TeeVee329

Also, I actually always thought the idea was that Franco threatened Josslyn knowing that Carly would run to Jason and that's how Franco found Jason and Sam in Hawaii.

Oh, I can absolutely buy that. Use the most completely predictable creature in existence to get you where you want to be. I'd ask if Jason ever held her accountable for that shit but I fear I know the answer is no.

• Love 1

I thought Carly's whining about Joss possibly being missing in that clip was during the time she and Jax were fighting over custody of Joss.  Isn't this around the time Sonny accidentally shot Robin because Robin wouldn't let Sonny murder Jax in her house?

I could be getting it mixed up. But I'm pretty sure Franco already knew where Jason was.

Oh, I can absolutely buy that. Use the most completely predictable creature in existence to get you where you want to be. I'd ask if Jason ever held her accountable for that shit but I fear I know the answer is no.

I think the reason Jason never held Carly accountable for anything is because he thought of and treated her like a stupid child. It was pretty condescending on his part imo which is why I never really felt bad for him in regards to her being up his butt all the time.

ETA: Ah, I knew I was forgetting something in my original post! Carly even offered at one point to Sam to be a surrogate (with Sam's egg), and acted like she's be doing THEM the favor. sure, Carly, sure.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Carly even offered at one point to Sam to be a surrogate (with Sam's egg), and acted like she's be doing THEM the favor. sure, Carly, sure.

After she had just had the problem "miracle pregnancy" with Joss, at that.  So ridiculous.

• Love 2

At 4:50, Carly says to Jason that she could understand why Liz (then pregnant with Jake) would want her baby to be his (they didn't know it was his yet) and while she isn't really a fan of hers or basically any of the women he's been with (no shit, Carly), she does envy her a little, because (go to 4:55 for this facepalm of a statement), SHE always wanted to have Jason's baby. 

She married Jax very shortly after this. MOVE THE FUCK ON, CARLY. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

This clip with Alexis was a joke. Alexis Jax's lawyer she dumped him for carley.She saved Sonny how many times ? she didn't stick with Jax, She knew the papers AJ signed were coerced and she filed them anyway, then she kept Kristina away from Sonny. She is just as much a hypocrite as carley. I feel the same way about Alexis as I do Carley Disgusted. This show has been repeating the same shit over and over again . Same church different pew No matter who is tiic.

• Love 1

Wasn't the whole thing with Liz's pregnancy that she and Jason did use a condom produced by ELQ, but it was defective?

Yes.  Lulu got pregnant with Dillon's baby in the same way.  There was a huge batch of faulty condoms on the market for which ELQ got in trouble.

Edited by magnolia11

Of course it's ELQ's fault. Nothing is ever Jason's fucking fault.

I actually think Jason being careful about protection, given his relationship with Robin, makes sense.  Unlike, say, Robin's husband, who apparently had unprotected sex twice in a year's time.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I actually think Jason being careful about protection, given his relationship with Robin, makes sense.  Unlike, say, Robin's husband, who apparently had unprotected sex twice in a year's time.

Welllllll, I hate to defend the douche, since he' on my shitlist,  but I seem to recall both Patrick and Sabrina saying that they were both careful and used protection, so the pregnancy was a surprise. Unless that fucktard rewrote what he wrote and changed it to them having unprotected sex.

But yeah, with Britt? No protection. I suppose showing him using a condom would have taken away the "sexxxxxy" (NOT!) times in the shower. or something.

• Love 1

Wait up. Carly never had sex with Jason? Ever?

Oh she totally did, that's how their friendship started, they were fuck buddies while she was trying to get Tony into bed.

The original iteration did, yes, but then she threw him over for Sonny. She's spent most of her time since then trying to get back what she and Jason had then.

Wellll...she and Sonny had hate sex because Carly was pissed about Jason (GASP!) dancing with Liz and Sonny was pissed about...one of his BrendaBots, I think.  Jason caught them and that was it for him and the glittery hoo-hah.

• Love 1

Good ol' Enduro condoms. And yeah, Carly would have slaughtered all of her kids & Sonny for a chance to ride Jason's schlong & possibly get knocked up.

Exactly. 

She would have jumped on his penis so fast it would have broken inside of her.

And yes, I've been waiting for an excuse to use that line for quite awhile now.

I provide free brain bleach for those aiming their tomatoes my way. 

• Love 7

I think she did .Could be wrong. Jason shooting pool. brain dead, drunk went upstairs with Carley. Then she was looking for Jason met AJ had sex with him CarleyHo. Also had sex with Tony.

• Love 1

She did. She was his slampiece when he was dating Robin. They were all about 'no names' and shit like that and it was not long after his brain damage in the first place so he didn't really get that fucking someone on the side while he's with someone else might be construed as a bad thing.

I mean, that's how Carly wound up screwing AJ and getting pregnant with Michael. She and Tony had a huge fight so she went to Jake's to drowned her sorrows and hopefully hook up with Jason. Jason was, I believe, off with Robin but he had given AJ a key to his place (AJ and Jason had a couple of instances where they were actively working on forging a relationship) to get away from the Q's if need be... so AJ showed up and he and Carly got wasted and fucked.

I think it was at the Nurses Ball when Robin was giving the speech and broke down to have Jason come in and wrap her in the AIDS Quilt and carry her out... I believe Carly was there and saw it and that's when she decided she maybe wanted more from Jason but it's also when he told her no because he was with Robin and he wouldn't be having sex with her anymore.

Which, you know, stuck in Carly's craw for a good long time. The thing is... their stories split from that point. Carly got more involved with Tony and AJ while Jason's romance with Robin took off. AJ lived across the hall from Carly and Tony and they developed a legitimate friendship but it was when Guza returned that he had Carly run to Jason for help about the big paternity lie as both AJ and Tony were onto her by then. Jason and Carly hadn't had anything to do with each other for months but the second Guza took over writing again, suddenly Jason was the only person Carly could count on and everything went straight into the shitter.

• Love 7
 Jason caught them and that was it for him and the glittery hoo-hah.

Which always amuses the hell out of me, and makes me wonder what Jason actually must have thought of Sonny on some level that he hasn't touched her since then. God knows she did everything but tattoo "I Want You Back" on her face.

• Love 1

And Carly's biggest regret is not banging Franco, covering AJ's murder, marrying Sonny 80 times, nor having questionable hair choices. Nor is it letting Jax go.

It's not getting pregnant for Jason, isn't it? Damn, Jason is smart. Wrap it up, Borg.

That wouldn't matter, Carly would poke holes in the condom.
  • Love 1

Jason caught them and that was it for him and the glittery hoo-hah.

That was one of Jason's exit stories wasn't it? I find it hilarious that one of the ways they wrote him off was to have him decide that he did actually love Carly after all and was all set to tell her only to find her with Sonny and be 'heart-broken' and leave.

What's even funnier is that he apparently never went back to that place where he might actually love her for real. I know there were some steadfast Jason/Carly fans for a good long time after that even as Sonny/Carly gained momentum but it's interesting because you really don't see any J&C fans anymore. I'm sure there are some but they used to be legion, always holding out some hope, before they just drifted away... Maybe they became fans of something else, I don't know.

But I've always heard that upon his return to GH, SB pretty much made it clear that he would never be up for a Jason and Carly pairing. Period. And given that it was Guza for so long, Guza would have given Burton the moon if he asked for it.

• Love 1

No, Carly never threw Jason over for anybody. Jason stopped the affair when he realized Robin wouldn't appreciate him going to someone else for sex (because I think Robin was afraid to have sex with Jason at the time because of her HIV). At that point Carly and Sonny barely interacted. She was with Tony, or trying to get with Tony.

I remember the night Lucky "died" in the fire (which was April), Jason and Carly kissed, but I think after that he said no no we can't be together for whatever reason. I think maybe Carly was living with the Quartermaines at that point with Michael so he didn't want to do anything to upset that. So Carly was basically thinking they would get together sooner or later when she saw him dancing with Liz at Kelly's in November of that year. She went back to Sonny's penthouse to ask him what he knew about Jason and Liz, Sonny taunted her, they had hate sex, and thus it was all born. So Carly and Jason stopped having sex long before Sonny and Carly first slept together.

My opinion is Jason was in love with her for a little while, but thought he was too good for her and resisted. 

• Love 1

Which, you know, stuck in Carly's craw for a good long time. The thing is... their stories split from that point. Carly got more involved with Tony and AJ while Jason's romance with Robin took off. AJ lived across the hall from Carly and Tony and they developed a legitimate friendship but it was when Guza returned that he had Carly run to Jason for help about the big paternity lie as both AJ and Tony were onto her by then. Jason and Carly hadn't had anything to do with each other for months but the second Guza took over writing again, suddenly Jason was the only person Carly could count on and everything went straight into the shitter.

Well, to be fair to Guza, I do think he absolutely planned for Jason and Carly to actually be together . . . but Burton for whatever reason had a hissy fit about it and Guza, being a wimp when it comes to Burton, gave in.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I wonder why Burton was so against Jason/Carly.  Seems random.  Had the recast already happened when he returned?

When he returned? Yes. But he was against it before that. Scuttlebutt was Sarah Brown smoked and he didn't want to kiss her because of that. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

When he returned? Yes. But he was against it before that. Scuttlebutt was Sarah Brown smoked and he didn't want to kiss her because of that.

That was the rumor... I don't know if I believe that one or not. It just seems stupid. And then it just got weirder with him over the years. SB became like GH's version of RoHo -- why won't he do love scenes? What does he really feel about his leading ladies? What's the story, Morning Glory?

And as far as the boards went, the possible reasons behind this that or the other took over the actual story in a lot of cases.

• Love 1

That was the rumor... I don't know if I believe that one or not. It just seems stupid. And then it just got weirder with him over the years. SB became like GH's version of RoHo -- why won't he do love scenes? What does he really feel about his leading ladies? What's the story, Morning Glory?

And as far as the boards went, the possible reasons behind this that or the other took over the actual story in a lot of cases.

I think I read somewhere, I believe it was on TWoP, that part of the reason was that Burton had a crush on Kimberly and wanted to work with her more? He wasn't married yet, I don't think. Don't quote me; I'm pretty sure that's what I read on the other board.

But whatever the real reason may have been, the reasons that Jason gave the shebeast made sense as well; and she still fucking tried to get him to have sex with her after Michael was born, but before the plane crash that had him reuniting with Robin.  Something about how whenever they had sex, they would fight all the time, and they just didn't work.

But like others have said, and I will add, that this beast never loses, has no fucking self awareness, except when plot driven and only then for like a nanosecond. That I am extremely happy and satisfied and gleeful that she has and never will have sex or HEA with Jason. Like EVER. It's a small thing,  but I hold it near and dear, close to my now lopsided chest.*

*Hey, ya gotta have  a sense of humor about it or just fall to pieces, and I'd rather laugh than cry and wail.

• Love 4

I think I read somewhere, I believe it was on TWoP, that part of the reason was that Burton had a crush on Kimberly and wanted to work with her more? He wasn't married yet, I don't think. Don't quote me; I'm pretty sure that's what I read on the other board.

Wasn't the rumor that SB had a crush on Kimberly based on a picture of Jason and Robin lying on a bed (with their clothes on) and Jason was, shall we say, enthused?

• Love 1